• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

javac

Thanks Mr. Postman!
WJYTX8s.jpg

4Afd7bY.jpg
See y'all on the other side.

meppi

Fucking hell. Both Amazon Fr and Shopto have failed to get the game to be by the weekend. Amazon hasn't even shipped it yet! :(

I had that problem once when my gamepad ran out of juice with the console still on. Once i recharged it the gamepad wouldnt sync until i powered it off at the wall. Been fine since though. Have you been running the pad all the way down to nothing?

Actually the pad has never been down to zero.. I have the extended battery.

Whelp that was weird. From 23% to 28% it said approximately 2 hours to finish install. Then it reached 29% and dropped to 1 hour. Interesting

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
what should I focus on regarding upgrades early on?

jacobeid

Banned
Guys, I woke up at 5am and couldn't fall back asleep because I'm so excited.

I even have to work today so it's not like I'll be playing until later. Too hype to sleep.

Peff

Bat Within is the best first upgrade for most people, I'd say. After that it really depends on your playstyle, but I like the After Burner Kick. Just try the moves out and see if you'd actually use it during battles. You can also save for accessories like the Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa

Keasar

Usually when playing games in this genre I focus on anything that is Defensive first, extra dodge capacity and so forth. Then its mobility, anything that lets the character have an easier time to get around the field and close in on distant enemies. Last go for whatever you feel.

I won't be picking my copy up until tomorrow when the postie redelivers it. I was hoping for a Bayonetta Friday but it'll have to be a Bayonetta Saturday instead :)

Can't wait and i'm seriously tempted to get the OST from CDJapan... hmmm.

Whatever you want (if you're playing Bayo 2). Defensive stuff makes sense, but I try and avoid it as long as I can to try and force myself to play better than to rely on uber amounts of HP and easy defense.

You're free to try the moves before so that's a great way to get a feel for things.

TEJ

4.5 hours until GS opens

GAH

I still need to beat castlevania circle of the moon, i'll do that I suppose.

Hasney

You made the right choice!

I bought a Wii U for this too, but it was 18 months ago ;-)

Same, pre-ordered my Wii U when drunk the second Nintendo announced it.

It may have helped that I got that Amazon UK £100 price mistake!

javac

I'm gonna have to start with Bayo 1, but I have something of a conundrum. If I play via off TV, I can get more hours in and might be able to play soon once I get some time...or I can hook my Wii U back up to the big TV and get a better picture but I won't be able to play as nearly as much. Decisions.

Neifirst

Woke up at 3am eastern time to download both 1 & 2. It's taking an agonizingly long time, especially for the installs. Should have bought Aria of Sorrow first to help pass the time!

weekev

Banned
Would it be wrong to put the kids to bed now? Its noon cos im in the UK and its school holidays. Posty just delivered bayo 1+2 and shes lying spreadeagled on my sofa taunting me whilst my daughter reenacts a scene from the little mermaid. Its like Chinese water torture.

Now the wait for Best Buy to open... I hope everyone is happy, I'm sacrificing the money I was going to use for Smash Bros 3DS on this!

NIN90

Is it a MGR situation with this game where Hard mode is the way to go for experienced players of this genre?

Staf

Buying Wii U and Bayo tomorrow. God, have to run around town and try and find the special edition of Bayo...

V_Arnold

Is it a MGR situation with this game where Hard mode is the way to go for experienced players of this genre?

Well.
It is something like that.

I started on 3rd Climax initially, BUT hit a few roadblocks. Namely, the duel-type bossfights. Basically, they ARE doable, but it is better to just grind out the Moon of Mahaa-Kala first, THAT kinda trivializes the bossfights, since all you need to do is have perfect parry sense, and that mitigates your lack of health/magic.

But someone REALLY persistent and good could get past the bosses without parry as well, I suppose.

Top Bottom