• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

kick51

Banned
Moon of Mahaa-Kala sounds like it turns the combat into something similar to MGR's parry system, definitely saving up to buy that.

it's more quick and crisp like 3rd Strike. also, the input window is huge, you can mash it, and makes the final difficulty pretty easy.

wsippel

Banned
Just visited a random electronics store to pick up the regular SE. They got a single First Print Edition - and now it's mine! :)

DeaviL

Banned
Ordered the "special" edition a while back, when 1+2 wasn't known as the special edition.
Sad about my lack of 1st print now...

Alchemist

The special edition should be a non-limited thing, or at least not as limited as the First Print Edition.

There is Bayo2 as a single game, the Special Edition which contains both Bayo1+2, and the First Print Edition which contains Bayo 1+2 and an artbook, with a beautifully designed package.

Thanks for the response.

The First Print Edition is sold out in the UK so the SE with Bayo1+2 is the one I was after.

Niteandgrey

Neo Member
Sitting here in my office, trying to figure out what the hell I was thinking (or not thinking) when I decided not to take the day off today.

*grumble*

BadWolf

It's probably not quite as parry-centric as MGR (since dodge offset is so important and I think the window for parries in Bayo might be a little bit more unforgiving), but yeah, that's basically what it is and yes, it's useful to have, though I'd personally first buy all the weapons & new moves/skills before parry.

Not at all.

If it's like Bayo1 then it's a very casual and mash friendly use of the parry/block mechanic.

Just tap forward while attacking and you are pretty much guaranteed to get a block or parry if the enemy attacks, on any difficulty.

It's very important and needs to be bought as soon as possible along with Bat Within, unless you want to get locked into big enemy combos.

Gregorn

I haven't really used my Wii U much so sorry if this is stupid, but is there really no way of not having the same footage shown on my tv and gamepad? I liked how wonderful 101 had a unique screen, but in this it feels incredibly pointless.

The gamepad display turns right back on when I press any button.

Famassu

Not at all.

If it's like Bayo1 then it's a very casual and mash friendly use of the parry/block mechanic.

Just tap forward while attacking and you are pretty much guaranteed to get a block or parry if the enemy attacks, on any difficulty.

It's very important and needs to be bought as soon as possible along with Bat Within, unless you want to get locked into big enemy combos.

It is? I dunno why, but I had an easier time parrying in MGR than ever in Bayonetta.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It is? I dunno why, but I had an easier time parrying in MGR than ever in Bayonetta.

Did you play on normal? The parry window in MGR on normal is large.

Gregorn

Did you play on normal? The parry window in MGR on normal is large.

The hardest difficulty of MGR is really easy due to how overpowered parrying is. Perfect parries do a huge amount of damage.

I'm finding bayonetta 2 pretty easy too, I didn't even get hit durig the 6th chapter boss. I still only got a gold award though...

BadWolf

MGR is different in that the harder the difficulty the smaller the parry window. In Bayonetta it stays the same regardless.

I played MGR on Hard and the parry window was still what I would consider "forgiving".

Hard isn't much different from Normal in MGR.

The hardest difficulty of MGR is really easy due to how overpowered parrying is. Perfect parries do a huge amount of damage.

That was the beauty of that mode, it was do or die for both you and the enemy.

zroid

Banned
Iz niiice.

Full gallery of my pictures, HERE.

mzYUbfm.jpg

TWHA5e9.jpg

eC4hEtu.jpg

JhD2jmc.jpg

damn

KooopaKid

Banned
8 hours in, in 2 play sessions. Still awesome.

I was wondering which was the area a couple of French reviews mentioned having PS2-like graphics. I think I found it lol. You only spend 3 minutes in it but it was strange compared to the beauty of the rest of the game.

V_Arnold

8 hours in, in 2 play sessions. Still awesome.

I was wondering which was the area a couple of French reviews mentioned having PS2-like graphics. I think I found it lol. You only spend 3 minutes in it but it was strange compared to the beauty of the rest of the game.

Which? I do not remember any stage looking "ps2-like". Not even
The hell caves

Rocky

Banned
Just picked this up on impulse while getting Fantasy Life at Nintendo World. Never played Bayonetta or any other Platinum game before. Haven't even played many "action" type games to be honest.

Guess I was just curious about it and wanted to check it out. I'm still not sure what genre the series is lol.

Effect

Would a Pro controller be recommended or does the gamepad hold up in long play sessions?

I played through Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge with the gamepad and there were moments when I wish I had something else in my hand due to it cramping up at times. Though that could just be due to that specific game because you have to constantly be moving and dodging.

antitrop

What does that even mean though?

You'll be so pleased to find out for yourself. It's been one of my personal favorite genres since I bought Devil May Cry on day 1 when I was 16 years old. I remember getting home after school and picking up my pre-order from Software Etc, and the first time I swung a demon up in the air and held him there with two pistols.

I was like "NOW THIS IS A FUCKING ACTION GAME"

You get to experience that today.

Zeliard

To whoever might know, how common are boss fights against smaller humanoid enemies in Bayonetta 2? Those were my favorite types in the first game, though the fights against giant monsters are certainly visually spectacular.

I played through Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge with the gamepad and there were moments when I wish I had something else in my hand.

I feel like there's a joke to be made here...

Sadly, I won't be joining in on the fun until Sunday. Holding off so I can use it to get the $30 GCU deal at Best Buy.

Only played the first one for about 20 minutes before, so I'm pretty much brand new to the game. How does the difficulty compare to DMC3 (original, not SE)? Beat that on normal and got maybe halfway through on hard before moving on to other things, but that's about the only similar game I've played before.

You'll be so pleased to find out for yourself. It's been one of my personal favorite genres since I bought Devil May Cry on day 1 when I was 16 years old. I remember getting home after school and picking up my pre-order from Software Etc, and the first time I swung a demon up in the air and held him there with two pistols.

I was like "NOW THIS IS A FUCKING ACTION GAME"

You get to experience that today.

Man. The memories. I worked at EBgames and we got the game in a week early as a free copy for one of the staff. The manager didn't play those types of games so she asked me if I wanted it. I freaking loved it. Told people "Pre-order this fucking game NOW!"

BadWolf

To whoever might know, how common are boss fights against smaller humanoid enemies in Bayonetta 2? Those were my favorite types in the first game, though the fights against giant monsters are certainly visually spectacular.

There is a recurring humanoid boss in this ala Vergil/Jeanne.

Top Bottom