• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

preordered my copy two weeks ago and it's now in transit, hopefully next Monday or Tuesday it will be mine. Can't wait to play the best action game ever made.

V_Arnold

To anyone looking to start the Halo-grind early:
There is an accessory that gives you a few k halos + random bonuses when you torture kill enemies. Buy it first thing, or second after Parry accessory.

ChuckNyce

This one seller I found has loads of positive feedback.

I Just messaged him asking if they're legit though.
I can't stand knockoff accessories

Yes, beware of these, I got burned by one just last week. Probably goes without saying but make sure it has the "Wii U" and Nintendo branding on the controller. I didn't notice that the one I bought didn't have that in the auction image - had the exact same form factor as the real deal but no branding. ZL button doesn't work after only using the controller once or twice.

Zafir

First Print Edition didn't fit through the letterbox, so I've gotta go grab it tomorrow at the office. :I

Oh well, at least I've still got Civ: BE to play.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I don't want to go to work ;(

Damn you obligations!

Hypron

I should get the game early tomorrow morning (well technically today since it's past midnight)... But I just got a PS4 and I'm playing TLoU at the moment. I'm a bit annoyed because I really want to play Bayo 2 but I don't want to drop TLoU half way through (it's really good).
First world problems...

Sinthetic

Iz niiice.

Full gallery of my pictures, HERE.

mzYUbfm.jpg

TWHA5e9.jpg

eC4hEtu.jpg

JhD2jmc.jpg

The First Print Edition is absolutely amazing for just 10 bucks more than the Special Edition.

It feels really, really solid in your hands.

Yuterald

Today's my sister's wedding and it's an all day affair, so I won't be able to play this until tomorrow morning. Christ. =/

antitrop

I don't have work today, but I do have to wait for UPS to deliver my Wii U sometime today, lol.

Then I'll have to update it.

THEN I CAN PLAY BAYONETTA!

Willectro

Banned
The interface (specially speed of) and store on this console are insanely annoying. I dont even want to play the fucking game anymore.

Play-asia & CDJapan are good places for Japanese VG OSTs.

Watch import tax and VAT on CDJapan, though. I bought a £20 CD recently that somehow racked up £50 worth of import tax. I called customs and they claimed it was due to the sender marking it as "an extremely valuable item."

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Having a Wii but no money to buy the game is some next gen torture.

tsab

My courrier messed up, so I have to go and receive my First Print Edition from their office, instead of waiting until Monday to sent it to me.

It doesn't matter cause this weekend it's witch time!

Went to my local Game (Dundee) where I had it preordered...

They only had one limited Edition in stock, reserved for me. Phew...

Now to wait until 5...
Will play bayonetta 1 after Bayo 2

Alchemist

Can somebody tell me if the EU Special Edition that comes with both the original Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 are limited to first print runs? I'm not planning on buying a Wii U until December, but if they are limited I will buy the game in advance.

Famassu

That's a shame :( Hopefully it's still in stock down the line so you can pick it up :) I remember getting the Fire Emblem Awakening OST and that sold out and goes for a crap load these days. If anything, hopefully this comes out on iTunes!
Luckily SEGA is the one handling this OST, not Shittyndo. Bayonetta's OST could be bought for quite a long time after the game's release, though nowadays it seems to be out of stock/print (yet quite readily available used on Amazon etc.).

How do I get a Wii classic controller pro to work with this game? The screen on the gamepad is really annoying...

Is the Classic controller Pro even compatible with this game?

EDIT: apparently it is.
I guess you just have to plug it into the Wiimote, and as long as this Wiimote's Play 1-LED lights up you should be good to go.
Otherwise take a walk through the options menu, maybe you'll find something there.

I don't have Bayo2 yet, so I'm just guessing here.

Xhorder

I hope you people who just got a wii u for this game also bought W101.

Yes I did, together with MK8 and SM3DW. :)

Waiting for my first print edition to arrive. Could arrive today, tomorrow or next week. I'm home today, don't have anything else to do, so with my luck it will arrive tomorrow.

antitrop

Man, the Giant Bomb guys really don't like Loki. The Quick Look is great, though. Loki is like the only thing they've had to say about the game that wasn't absolute highest praises.

I skipped cutscenes in the first game, I have no problem doing it here, too.

phanphare

Banned
well fuck, of course wal mart doesn't have it. and of course the stupid ass lady couldn't look it up to tell me that before wasting my time and making me late for work.......

Yuterald

Take it with you, plug it in somewhere discreetly and then use the gamepad!
Pretend you're using it to update social media or something ;)

Haha, it's entirely possible, but probably not worth it. Don't want to spoil that first-time boot up experience in some foreign location.

Don't show up. When someone calls you and asks where the hell you are, keep saying "um....er..." until they hang up

lol i like this

Can somebody tell me if the EU Special Edition that comes with both the original Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 are limited to first print runs? I'm not planning on buying a Wii U until December, but if they are limited I will buy the game in advance.

The special edition should be a non-limited thing, or at least not as limited as the First Print Edition.

There is Bayo2 as a single game, the Special Edition which contains both Bayo1+2, and the First Print Edition which contains Bayo 1+2 and an artbook, with a beautifully designed package.

Famassu

Moon of Mahaa-Kala sounds like it turns the combat into something similar to MGR's parry system, definitely saving up to buy that.
It's probably not quite as parry-centric as MGR (since dodge offset is so important and I think the window for parries in Bayo might be a little bit more unforgiving), but yeah, that's basically what it is and yes, it's useful to have, though I'd personally first buy all the weapons & new moves/skills before parry.

Top Bottom