• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

To whoever might know, how common are boss fights against smaller humanoid enemies in Bayonetta 2? Those were my favorite types in the first game, though the fights against giant monsters are certainly visually spectacular.
They are at least twice as many smaller humanoid ones. Those are everybody's favorites in these kinda games so yay

antitrop

Man. The memories. I worked at EBgames and we got the game in a week early as a free copy for one of the staff. The manager didn't play those types of games so she asked me if I wanted it. I freaking loved it. Told people "Pre-order this fucking game NOW!"
Yeah, when I first bought my PS2, all I got with it was Zone of the Enders (for the MGS2 demo) and a pre-order on DMC.

So, DMC was the first great PS2 game I really played. It really sticks with me. I had no idea who Hideki Kamiya or anyone was, back then, but I knew it was a game that I needed to play.

Yeah, when I first bought my PS2, all I got with it was Zone of the Enders (for the MGS2 demo) and a pre-order on DMC.

So, DMC was the first great PS2 game I really played. It really sticks with me.

I know you are a new Wii U owner, but def check out Wonderful 101 as well. Cause holy shit at that game too. What blows my mind is people say Bayonetta 2 is even crazier and my mind just goes.

qcinxx6aYutRC.gif

antitrop

I'm going to be staring out my window for the UPS guy all day.

seWDmh1.png

Then I have to pick up Bayonetta 2 and a Pro Controller from Gamestop.

seWDmh1.png

Then you're gonna have to update your Wii U, so you might as well go see John Wick or maybe lead an expedition up Mt. Everest or some shit and come back later.

Coda

Ugh, the gamestop near my crib has the game but I can't pick it up yet because the employee supposed to be working called out for some emergency. Hoping they resolve it soon!

KooopaKid

Banned
Which? I do not remember any stage looking "ps2-like". Not even
The hell caves

The chapter in the ancient civilization, at one point you go back to The Paradise version of the mountain city via a portal, and the little buildings in the background are very crudely made.

Dominator

I don't know if I should ask here or elsewhere, but if anyone has a printable, to scale cover art of the first game for Wii U in NA, that would be awesome. I have an empty box I'd like to use so I can have them separate.

BadWolf

Never played Bayonetta before. I've beat Ninja Gaiden Black or normal. What difficulty should I pick?

Try normal.

You don't get locked into a difficulty in Bayonetta btw. You can change it before you start a stage so if you want to make it easier you can without restarting the game.

Another reason to play normal is that you unlock a secret weapon by finishing 100 stages in the game. Finishing stages on easy doesn't count towards this iirc.

Hagi

Done the prologue, the game is fucking amazing!! I've had quite a lacklustre year so far gaming wise so this is exactly what I needed.

Based Platinum I'm going to savor every minute.

seWDmh1.png

Haha, didn't know you were in CO. I'm going down to Colorado Springs today to do the cog rail thing. Maybe we should meet up sometime for Smash if you're into that!

My copies are ready for pickup, but, alas, I am not ready to pick them up yet.

Thankfully, my friends are at work and their copies are being held with mine anyway, so at least I'm not suffering alone.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It conveys a little more than 'character action' at least. That truly does tell you nothing.

"Character Action" tells you about as much as "Role Playing Game".

Genre naming conventions are all really out of whack. I prefer Stylish Action myself, but Character Action seems to have taken off.

Anyways, my copy is en route! If only I had a Wii U.

To whoever might know, how common are boss fights against smaller humanoid enemies in Bayonetta 2? Those were my favorite types in the first game, though the fights against giant monsters are certainly visually spectacular.

They are the predominant boss fight in Bayonetta 2. In fact there's only a handful of giant boss fights, and they are not like the ones in the first.

In fact to carry on to some larger spoilery thourghts having finished playthrough one

The game is a lot less "insane" than Bayonetta 1. Or maybe it's not and the first had the element of surprise. Now we know Platinum's style. But yeah you can only really do stripper fighting moves, lipstick bullets and punching God in to the sun once.So to make up for it the fighting is tighter, meaner and nastier over all The weapons are more varied. The combat is more demanding I feel this time.

Part of the change in scale is the seriousness with which they are taking the game's mythology. All the giant bosses in Bayo 1 got dragged to hell. So they're dead. Gone. And they were implied to be the top top top of Paradiso's army. So anyone else would, naturally, be lesser.

Should I play Bayo 1 before I jump into 2? Is 1 long?

8-16 hours depending on skill level. Similar to Bayo 2 really. But! The story in 1 is complete nonsense. And then two does a load of cool stuff with that nonsense that, while still being nonsense, is actually quite interesting nonsense now.

Bayonetta 2 is DEFINITELY improved by having played Bayonetta 1. By far.

To say anything else would be a spoiler.

javac

I have no TV, so yeah.

It should be fine I think, I played the whole of WW HD off TV and it's surprising how immersed you can get in a game, so much so that you forget that you're playing on a 6 inch screen. Wonder how the Gamepad controls feel tho, I think I may just hook the Wii U up in the spare room so I can use the Pro Controller.

Fandangox

It should be fine I think, I played the whole of WW HD off TV and it's surprising how immersed you can get in a game, so much so that you forget that you're playing on a 6 inch screen. Wonder how the Gamepad controls feel tho, I think I may just hook the Wii U up in the spare room so I can use the Pro Controller.

Yeah I played all of w101 off-tv too and didn't have problems there, shouldn't be an issue.

Top Bottom