• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

Atrophis

Package has been out for delivery since 8.50 but has not turned up. First time Amazon has ever failed to deliver a pre-order on time :(

EDIT: It actually just turned up at 18.50. Thats some late ass delivery.

V_Arnold

I'm up to chapter 6 on Climax 2 but I think I'm gonna start on Climax 3 because Bayo 1 skills carry over a bit too hard. I've only died once so far.

It doesn't feel quite as organic or surprising as Bayo 1 did, and the secrets are more in-your-face than clever like they were in Bayo 1. I'm not feeling the first game's excellent pacing and variety either.

That said, I'm enjoying Bayo 2, and the simple fact of having a sequel I never thought would get made in my hands is something to be celebrated.

I felt the opposite after the full playthrough. Bayonetta 1 had a front-loaded style, as in the best levels were the early ones. Later on, bad QTE-s and some bad decisions made me cringe certain later levels when replays were concerned. I find that Bayonetta 2's levels are ultimately better for replaying them. Or the vast majority of chapters are. There is one exception though, and that one is a sad exception. But wont spoil it yet :p

OMG

When you go all
Zandatsu
on the Chapter 3 boss.

THIS GAME

I'm taking my time exploring and trying to find all chest and secrets.

Starting on 3rd climax in the first playthrough is no joke but I feel I'm enjoying it more this way.

I think I'll snatch up Tropical Freeze!

Oh, and I also heard that you get the discount off the game you purchase in the transaction, as well, but I'm not sure if it needs to still be above $39.99 or what. Not sure about that one, just what I heard.

Since I've derailed the topic enough, I'll add that I'm about to take my lunch and head out to Best Buy myself to pick up my Bayo 2. Way too hyped.

Cuphead

Banned
Oh, and I also heard that you get the discount off the game you purchase in the transaction, as well, but I'm not sure if it needs to still be above $39.99 or what. Not sure about that one, just what I heard.

Since I've derailed the topic enough, I'll add that I'm about to take my lunch and head out to Best Buy myself to pick up my Bayo 2. Way too hyped.

Right on! Enjoy the game! and thanks for the knowledge.

I have to wait another 6 hours to get mine O_O

I live in one of the most densely populated places in the US, and I had to go to three different places to get my copy. The first two places were only holding pre-order copies and said they only brought in 2 or 3 non-pre-order copies, and the last place didn't have it on display. Had to get them to get it out of the warehouse.

Rumor is that the 20% applies, and the game has to be $40 before the discount. That way current GCU members don't get screwed out of the deal.

Got my First Print Edition. It's beautiful. I never thought I'd see any more from this franchise and in a way I still can't believe it even holding this thing in my hands. Just feels like it shouldn't have happened.

And yes. It's damn good. REAL damn good. The improved dodging animations are the most noticeable bit of polish so far - really smooth and feels great. In fact, everything feels great. I really feel like Platinum absolutely nailed it on this one, even more than they usually do.

Thanks Nintendo for making this happen!

There's 3 to select in the beginning, 1st Climax is easy, 2nd is normal and 3rd is hard.

3rd is actually a challange, but I don't find it too hard.

Ok 3rd Climax it is then, at least they have a hard mode from the get go. Yeah I feel like after playing Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 on master ninja, I find all other action games not too hard. Not saying they are bad though, I enjoy all of them immensely.

Kensuke

Currently running with Chernobog (arms) and Rakshasa (legs). It's amazing for both DPS and AoE. When I'm super low on health I switch to the bow and just spam attack from a distance.

Coda

The intro sequence and cinematic scenes are classic Platinum. Hang tight people, this one is a real thrill ride so far.

LoveCake

Just got home to this :D

JlsPPipl.jpg
00OjNk0l.jpg

Grisby

Taking a break after chapter 2. Woo, it's more Bayonetta which is great. That opening cutscene had me laughing too. "I believe!"

I wish the Wiiu had a DVR feature or something because I would have liked to save that pure platinum medal moment I got.

Can't wait to go back.

Pappasman

I don't know which diffuculty to pick. Im pretty expereinced with character action games, but im wondering if 3rd climax would be way better playing through once you unlock a bunch of shit from your first playthrough.

NIN90

I don't know which diffuculty to pick. Im pretty expereinced with character action games, but im wondering if 3rd climax would be way better playing through once you unlock a bunch of shit from your first playthrough.

3rd Climax seems to be on par with MGR Hard mode so far.

Coda

Anyone know how to unlock that chest in Chapter 1 2nd Climax? You have to run to get five items in a row but the panther run wont work. It's weird.

Edit: Never mind I got it.

Thought the original was supposed to be a download
code but was pleasantly surprised to see the disc inside. :). Can't wait to get home from work. :)

Muffdraul

Package has been out for delivery since 8.50 but has not turned up. First time Amazon has ever failed to deliver a pre-order on time :(

EDIT: It actually just turned up at 18.50. Thats some late ass delivery.

I pre-ordered from Amazon months ago, but the mail delivery guy just walked past my office and didn't give me anything. I logged in at Amazon and looked up my order, it says it hasn't shipped yet and is scheduled for delivery on Tuesday. Luckily, I'm not all that hyped up about this particular game so I ain't even mad. But if Amazon pulls this shit next month with certain games... I'll be coming for them.

Neff

I felt the opposite after the full playthrough. Bayonetta 1 had a front-loaded style, as in the best levels were the early ones. Later on, bad QTE-s and some bad decisions made me cringe certain later levels when replays were concerned. I find that Bayonetta 2's levels are ultimately better for replaying them. Or the vast majority of chapters are. There is one exception though, and that one is a sad exception. But wont spoil it yet :p

God bless you. I look forward to something I can sink my teeth into beyond the array of comfort combos i familiarised myself with during Bayo 1.

Speaking of Bayo 1, I started the Wii U version, and it holds up really, really well. No discernible differences from the 360 version.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I would seriously pay top dollar for a this kind of game with an all hip-hop banger soundtrack.

I think Anarchy Reigns is gonna be the closest thing to that.

I pre-ordered from Amazon months ago, but the mail delivery guy just walked past my office and didn't give me anything. I logged in at Amazon and looked up my order, it says it hasn't shipped yet and is scheduled for delivery on Tuesday. Luckily, I'm not all that hyped up about this particular game so I ain't even mad. But if Amazon pulls this shit next month with certain games... I'll be coming for them.

This happened to a lot of people where the order had the wrong preorder date. It was fixable but you had to be on top of it to catch it, so it's pretty shitty.

Many times, if you pre-order a game far in advance, the option for release date delivery isn't available yet.

I pre-ordered Bayo 2 on Amazon two days ago and it should be at my house within the next few hours.

Zampano

Just finished after pretty much playing all last night and all day. Godamn what a ride. Cannot wait to get back in and start the harder difficulties and working on the unlocks. Game of the forever.

Finally got done with the download & intall and.. Oh god, I've only finished the Prologue and I already have the widest smile on my face. Bayonetta, I've missed you so much!

jacobeid

Banned
great OT.

I don't know if I should play the first game again or not. I played the shitty ps3 version at launch so it's been a while, b-but I want to play Bayonetta 2 asap.

Same situation, but I'm playing the first one. Four chapters in....it's so good. Very happy to replay it and refresh myself before jumping into Bayo 2.

So I've been playing through the first game (since I've never played it) and yeah...I'm not really enjoying it. Maybe the fact that I keep getting Stone for almost every chapter is the reason.

Chojin

Ah man, so much fun. Just got home and played through the first non-prologue chapter. SO GOOD. SOO MUCH FUN. I haven't played Bayonetta 1 since it came out and itslike an an old glove. I like how some basic stuff are already unlocked like doublejump and panther dash.

So I've been playing through the first game (since I've never played it) and yeah...I'm not really enjoying it. Maybe the fact that I keep getting Stone for almost every chapter is the reason.

It takes a while but when it clicks, and you start doing crazy ass combos, you'll enjoy it a lot more.

georly

Sitting in my car, waiting for me to get home to play it :(

Does anyone know if the rocket launcher glitch is still present in bayo 1? I wanna run through it before bayo 2, and cheesing it w/ the rocket launcher makes it quicker.

Muffdraul

Many times, if you pre-order a game far in advance, the option for release date delivery isn't available yet.

I pre-ordered Bayo 2 on Amazon two days ago and it should be at my house within the next few hours.

I almost always pre-order months in advance, and I almost always get the game on day 1. Would love to know precisely what triggers this issue on the rare occasions it does happen.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member

It's my first time playing through as well, but I spent a significant amount of time playing the Bayo 2 demo. It seems like the keys to getting high high medals/awards are:

1) Don't get hit (or get hit as little as possible)
2) Clear each section as fast as possible
3) Vary your combos and use Witch Time to help build up your magic gauge and then unleash punishment!
4) Don't use items if you can
5) Don't die

So far I've been at least getting silver for each chapter. I went back and played Chapter 1 and got a gold, so I hope platinum isn't too far off!

Santar

I'm at Chapter 8 so far and I gotta say the game seems to focus way too much on set pieces/boss battles for my liking.
It feels like I'm hardly fighting regular enemies at all.
Sure the first game also had those but there it felt more like they broke up the regular gameplay and added some variety.
I always preferred to battle against regular enemies with a few cool epic fights mixed in like the first game.
In Bayo 2 it seems to be the other way around.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I caved and bought the damn thing despite the original never clicking with me, and I still fucking hate it. Stupid me. Wish I could enjoy it as much as the rest of you but everything about the game just turns me off for some reason. :(

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
How Do I git gud with the combo system? I think it's pretty easy to avoid damage in most fights, and I've gotten a fair share of plats mostly by that and mashing different variations of a and b, but that doesn't feel quite kosher

Scum

Another 4hrs before I can leave work to enjoy my First Print Edition. #FuckWork

Remember boys & girls, you get punished more, overall points wise, if you miss Verses in Chapters. Track back. 😊

kaioshade

Picked up my copy from best buy over lunch break. Picked up Bloody Fate as well.

Tonight will be a good night. going to have to kick my GF off of alien isolation tonight to play this.

Top Bottom