• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

partime

Picked up my copy from best buy over lunch break. Picked up Bloody Fate as well.

Tonight will be a good night. going to have to kick my GF off of alien isolation tonight to play this.

Good nights typically don't involve pissing off your significant other

KooopaKid

Banned
I felt the opposite after the full playthrough. Bayonetta 1 had a front-loaded style, as in the best levels were the early ones. Later on, bad QTE-s and some bad decisions made me cringe certain later levels when replays were concerned. I find that Bayonetta 2's levels are ultimately better for replaying them. Or the vast majority of chapters are. There is one exception though, and that one is a sad exception. But wont spoil it yet :p

I just finished it. Yeah there's is almost no bad chapters in Bayo 2. It will be even more replayable.

BTW, I started in 2nd Climax and for those who played Bayo 1 to death, I recommand starting in 3rd Climax.

Ibuki

Banned
We had 3 extras over here and they already sold through. Good luck to the guy who tried to do an online hold for a copy we won't have.

Ibuki

Banned
Damn, glad I stopped into Gamestop yesterday and pre-ordered!

People think we are still ranked and trying to screw them over with reserves. We don't get written up for not getting them anymore, it literally gives them a base number to send with a few extras. Nintendo games are especially bad.

An-Det

Apparently Target isn't carrying the game in-store, so I left empty-handed today and had to order it online. I really should have checked the site I guess, but not having it in-store wasn't really something I considered. I've got a gift card so I'm getting the game half off, so I was pretty set on Target, but unfortunately that means it wont arrive until at least Wednesday (through potentially the Monday afterwards). At least that gives enough time for my Amazon credit to hopefully go through so I can pick up a Pro controller using only that, but man I was hoping to start playing today.

Niteandgrey

Neo Member
Slow day at work and my customer is on the East Coast so my boss told me to "go home and start your weekend early." at 2pm CST today.

Yes sir, boss.

Bayonetta is in the Wii U and loading now.

I have the best boss and he doesn't even know why.

antitrop

My Wii U arrived via UPS and I've got it all set up and shit, I decided to just go ahead and download the update off the internet since I still have a few hours before I can go out and get the game.

The update music is relaxing.

I started at exactly 1pm my time, so we'll see how long this takes.

Sorian

Banned
I hate amazon so much right now. Seriously of all the games they could choose to screw up my delivery with it had to be this one.

Today was the day that UPS felt like being a bunch of dipshits and saying they couldn't leave it on my doorstep and they tried to pull some bullshit about not trying to deliver again until Monday. Now I have to go through the hassle of picking it up after work.

V_Arnold

I just finished it. Yeah there's is almost no bad chapters in Bayo 2. It will be even more replayable.

BTW, I started in 2nd Climax and for those who played Bayo 1 to death, I recommand starting in 3rd Climax.

Jeez, that was fast! Took me 12-15 hours to finish the game, but started on 3rd Climax.

JayEH

Just picked up the game at GameStop. Kids in front of me in line were talking about how Call of Duty just got 10/10s and is the best game ever. Better than Bioshock or borderlands haha.

aborath

Neo Member
Took today off just for this game. So glad I did! Other than
"The End", which isn't as good as the original opening (IMO) (the enemies aren't distinct enough vis-à-vis the background, making the combat more frustrating than exhilarating)
, I'm digging it. Just hit Chapter III. The Chapter II boss was bonkers--can't believe I'm still in the early stages of the game.

Also, on third climax, enemies don't @$!# around. I actually died on the Gomorrah fight (from the demo).

To quote Enzio, "I believe!"

Eiolon

I have the weirdest question for those who already have the game. Does the spine have no blue lip like Wii U Sports Club?

8A075D04-709B-4075-8F58-C8BFDDA3095B_zpswtej3p6w.jpg

Whoa. Based Amazon.

Ordered it late Wednesday night, wasnt expecting it to come until next week. Very surprised it showed up this morning!

I cant wait to play this thing oh yesss

Fisty

Redeeming my gift card and digital deluxe points now, its Bayonetta Weekend baby

...if it finishes downloading before monday lol

LTWheels

Is it me, but does the number of moves that a weapon have seem to be shorter compared to the first game? I swear I remember the guns in Bayo1 having more moves? Also noticed that she doesn't twirl the guns any more to let you know the timing for pause combos.

antitrop

Wii U update took almost exactly 40 minutes from start to finish. That wasn't too bad (because I have nothing better to do right now), but it should be like a 5-10 minute thing, max.

Raxus

Is it me, but does the number of moves that a weapon have seem to be shorter compared to the first game? I swear I remember the guns in Bayo1 having more moves? Also noticed that she doesn't twirl the guns any more to let you know the timing for pause combos.

There is a new tell for pauses it seems. Combos are as robust if not more than the first game. I am still wrapping my head around things.

Playing this game on hard and getting my butt kicked. Managed to get gold on chapter one but missed a fight.

I need to retrain my hands for this game.

Soooo much fun though.

zsidane

This is by far my largest download from the eShop, and after more than 3 hours of download, it says 30mns to instal! This is ridiculous :(

Anyway, can't wait to play what is shaping up to be one of (if not) the best games of the year!

antitrop

Just picked up the game, is it good fun even on the gamepad?

Forgot to pick up the Pro Controller :/

I'm holding this monstrosity of a controller in my hands for the first time, right now, and I can't imagine actually trying to play a game like Bayonetta on it.

I'd say suffer through it until the next time you can get to Wal-mart or whatever. =/

Top Bottom