• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

Trago

Finally home!

Poppin' this baby in and blasting through this until next morning.

Two long years, and it's here....finally...I could cry right now.

_Ace_

Unconfirmed Member
I'm ready
aC638n.jpg

Let's buy this game guys. #OperationPlatinum

CaLe

I'm holding this monstrosity of a controller in my hands for the first time, right now, and I can't imagine actually trying to play a game like Bayonetta on it.

I'd say suffer through it until the next time you can get to Wal-mart or whatever. =/

Ugh..Alright I'll give it a go, I really don't feel like going out again due to a persisting cold. Stupid me for not remembering to get the pro controller.

antitrop

Ugh..Alright I'll give it a go, I really don't feel like going out again due to a persisting cold. Stupid me for not remembering to get the pro controller.

I was going to buy one when I pre-ordered the game at Gamestop, yesterday, but I forgot, too.

I just have to remember to pick one up with the game, today...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I've actually been fine using the gamepad so far, but it'll probably cramp your hands playing too much.

I need a pro controller still.

Cheddahz

Banned
I have a dumb question (and please only answer it if you've completed Chapter III)

I completed the chapter and I didn't see a new chapter open up, what am I suppose to do?

EDIT: Nevermind, I was an idiot

Frodo

I live in London. Searched everywhere for a Pro controller. Couldn't find a single retail store selling it, only online ones.

Gamepad it is.

Was going to go pick it up during my lunch period, but Gamestop, Target, and Best Buy are out of them around my work area. Finally found a location that's holding one for me.

Screw this. I'm leaving work early today. Bayo awaits.

imae

I've actually been fine using the gamepad so far, but it'll probably cramp your hands playing too much.

I need a pro controller still.

Yeah the more you use the GamePad, the smaller and more comfortable it starts to feel. Once you get used to having your hands further apart its much like using any controller really. The triggers on it feel nicer than the pro's too.

I don't really feel a need to use the pro controller over the GamePad anymore, but the pro is nice for very long sessions and you don't need to worry about the battery going low, unless it's been like 60+ hours since you last charged it.

bitoriginal

I'm playing with the Wii classic controller pro, which I've never used on the Wii U before. The gamepad was getting on my nerves and I must say, playing with a 'proper' controller has given me a new found respect for the Wii U. Might actually play a couple of games in my backlog now!

antitrop

Just picked it up, I never played 1 I'm really torn on which I should play first!

Do 1 on Normal and jump right into 2 on Hard, I say.

1 establishes the lore and characters, obviously. Reviews say that 2 strongly improves the pacing over 1, as well, so I imagine it would be more difficult to go backwards.

I can see no reason to start with 2 other than pure, uncontrollable hype for "the new thing".

The story is secondary to the gameplay. Play the new one and then revisit the first if you really like it.

Meh, I can't imagine a better introduction to the series than the first 15 minutes of Bayonetta 1. Masterful intro.

Andrew.

Banned
Dude, anti...

Who the flip plays these games for the "lore"?

Im going right into 2 and will play 1 when we hit Dry Spell December and January.

Do 1 on Normal and jump right into 2 on Hard, I say.

1 establishes the lore and characters, obviously.

Reviews say that 2 strongly improves the pacing over 1, as well, so I imagine it would be more difficult to go backwards.

I can see no reason to start with 2 other than pure, uncontrollable hype for "the new thing".
Yeah I'm leaning this way. I just hate missing out while you guys are all playing through it together.

tebunker

Banned
I was thinking of binge playing 1 this weekend since I never played it. Just to complete it. Then give 2 it's fair shake of time and really take that one in

antitrop

Dude, anti...

Who the flip plays these games for the "lore"?

Im going right into 2 and will play 1 when we hit Dry Spell December and January.

The cutscenes are already bad enough, lacking the basic context of 1 could only make them worse.

I really fucking hate Bayonetta's cutscenes, if I haven't made that clear enough.

Bayonetta does actually have interesting lore, it's the actual plot of the game that is nonsensical and terrible. The overarching theme of Umbran Witches vs Lumen Sages is pretty neat.

Andrew.

Banned
The cutscenes are already bad enough, lacking the basic context of 1 could only make them worse.

I really fucking hate Bayonetta's cutscenes, if I haven't made that clear enough.

lol if for some reason I get balls deep into why some dude is chucking churches at me while I surf a tidal wave, I'll wiki the Bayo 1 story to get some sort of gist.

Hagi

spoilers for chapter 4
holy fuck the fight against the sage is easily one of the best boss fights I've ever done. Just fighting him while the Angels and Demons fight in the background makes an epic stage. This game is so good.

Damn this game is so fun.

antitrop

lol if for some reason I get balls deep into why some dude is chucking churches at me while I surf a tidal wave, I'll wiki the Bayo 1 story to get some sort of gist.
The still-frame cutscenes are like the complete opposite in excitement level of the actual gameplay itself. If the gameplay is at a 10, the cutscenes are at like, a 2.

Some people like them, but I do think the majority consider them as a strong negative.

Whereas the cutscenes in Metal Gear Rising intensified the action and raised the stakes, it seems like Bayonetta's are always bringing it down.

ttocs

Bayonetta does actually have interesting lore, it's the actual plot of the game that is nonsensical and terrible. The overarching theme of Umbran Witches vs Lumen Sages is pretty neat.

The cutscenes are what I love about the game. They are so stupid and over the top that I'm just waiting for it to out stupid itself in some amazing way.

Andrew.

Banned
The still-frame cutscenes are like the complete opposite in excitement level of the actual gameplay itself.

Some people like them, but I do think the majority consider them as a strong negative.

Hit me up with a friend request on the Ninty Net -> Xenodrew

We'll do co-op stuff this weekend.

Golnei

It looks like they prototyped a more Other M-inspired version of the Varia Suit before going with the design in the current game.

tumblr_ndy0qoaXsM1s2j7imo1_1280.jpg

antitrop

The cutscenes are what I love about the game. They are so stupid and over the top that I'm just waiting for it to out stupid itself in some amazing way.

I love me some silly stupid. "I was supposed to be the one to fill your dark soul with LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT" is one of my favorite moments in gaming.

Bayonetta's cutscenes give me ADD, though, I can't focus on them. I start reaching for my cell phone or something.

Anyone have a ballpark idea of how long the first game is for a standard play through?

10 hours.

Mine didn't come from amazon yet either :( . Tracking says "out for delievery" and will be here by today at 8pm so I'm hoping some truck will pull up soon.
I have a party to go to at 9 pm though

I haven't played it yet and I can assure you, there is no obvious spoiler in that image.

Yeah their is. That setting was a complete surprise for me and it made it all the more awesome. Coming from someone who has actually played and finished the game. Yes it's a spoiler.

You would have enjoyed it more having not seen it. Sorry you have.

antitrop

I'm in the same situation and I'm playing Bayo 1 first. Don't like playing things out of order.

I suppose it would be interesting to go back and play 1 as a "prequel" of sorts after 2, but I think the gameplay improvements in 2 would make going backwards a tougher pill to swallow.

Durden77

Just got it, and ahh now I'm conflicted on whether I should play the first one through again! Haven't played it since it launched. 2 is a prequel though anyway right?

Is it gonna be the type of thing where I won't wanna play the first after playing 2? I really wanna jump into 2.

EDIT : Just realized this was discussed on the previous page. Think I'm just gonna hop into 2. Don't remember a ton about 1's story but hopefully it'll come back to me.

Top Bottom