• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

Grisby

I'm not too good with the
bow
but I'm digging the
flamethrower.

Bayonetta is such a character. Damn, I love her freaking smirk. The new guy is well, he's there so to speak.

Game seems like it's moving along at a fair clip. Out of curiosity sake, how many chapters are there?

Coda

So I got the golden LP for the kafka weapon but it won't show up after I gave it to Rodin. All the other weapons have showed up. Think it's a glitch? When I got the LP initially I hit A really fast by accident so I'm wondering if that screwed something up.

antitrop

EDIT : Just realized this was discussed on the previous page. Think I'm just gonna hop into 2. Don't remember a ton about 1's story but hopefully it'll come back to me.

I guess really the only important thing to take away from Bayonetta 1 is what happens between Bayonetta and
Jeanne

Raxus

I suppose it would be interesting to go back and play 1 as a "prequel" of sorts after 2, but I think the gameplay improvements in 2 would make going backwards a tougher pill to swallow.

Make no mistake Bayo 1 is still the very solid foundation Bayonetta 2 was built on. The segments that drag the game down are *MINOR BAYO 1 SPOILERS!*
the bike segments and the missile segment that you have to run through to get to one of the best boss fights in the game.
Other than that it still holds up very well.

Atram

So I got the golden LP for the kafka weapon but it won't show up after I gave it to Rodin. All the other weapons have showed up. Think it's a glitch? When I got the LP initially I hit A really fast by accident so I'm wondering if that screwed something up.

You mean the Bow? If so, it´s already in your inventory. No need to purchase :)

Finished Chapter 4, this is serious GotY material

impact

Banned
The Giant Bomb QL made it seem pretty situational. They mentioned a specific boss that went in one ear and out the other that it was useful for.

I'm surprised Giant Bomb figured out the controls to this game.

Anyway I'm so early but if this keeps up at this pace or gets better (from ch 3) then GOTY is a wrap. Do we beat the game to get the costumes?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Not sure how I feel about the bow right now, not really gelling with it.
You do know that it poisons and weakens enemies right? Combine it with other weapons.

TEJ

It's bugging the shit out of me that so many are playing the sequel and I could be but I don't know, I have to play at least a good amount of the first one first.

trust me when I say that both are worth playing. You'll get more out of the second game after finishing the first.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
No point in coming to a game's OT if you are afraid of spoilers. The game is out now.
That's not how things work. You think everyone plays at your pace or speedruns?

Goodbye guys..

JD5crTC.jpg

Hagi

The Giant Bomb QL made it seem pretty situational. They mentioned a specific boss that went in one ear and out the other that it was useful for.

Yeah I'm gonna keep practicing with it and see and see what Angels it works best against.

You do know that it poisons and weakens enemies right? Combine it with other weapons.

I didn't even notice that it weakens enemies cool.

Niteandgrey

Neo Member
Just picked up the game, is it good fun even on the gamepad?

Forgot to pick up the Pro Controller :/

It's subjective of course but I played it for about an hour with the Wii U controller and found it to be quite playable. That being said I did switch over to the Pro controller after that and prefer the latter.

But imho you definitely don't NEED a Pro controller to enjoy the game immensely. Just makes it a little easier on the hands for an extended play session.

It's subjective of course but I played it for about an hour with the Wii U controller and found it to be quite playable. That being said I did switch over to the Pro controller after that and prefer the latter.

But imho you definitely don't NEED a Pro controller to enjoy the game immensely. Just makes it a little easier on the hands for an extended play session.

I have teeny tiny hands and basically completed the game in one long session (not done that since resident evil 4!). This was on the basic WiiU gamepad and I was perfectly comfortable. So it's certainly doable. If you have wee babby hands like me. Stopped before the last couple of chapters to get some sleep.

antitrop

k I already reached the point where I think I'm gonna skip every cutscene. They're really just a waste of time.
Took less than a few hours in Bayonetta 1, for me.

I'll see how long I can hold out for 2, but I bet the first time Loki shows up I'll be scrambling for the Start button... Love.

Bronetta

Guys I'm home. Its in my hands. ITS FINALLY HAPPENING!

Haven't even opened the game yet and already I'm
sf4I3dG.gif

So I haven't played this yet, is there a steep learning curve? Trying to gauge what difficulty to start on. Not my typical genre but reviews and supporting the Wii U swayed me.

Top Bottom