• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

Haven't read through the thread cause I'm wary of spoilers but I have a question. Is there any compelling reason to use the gamepad or can I use the pro controller fine?

I'm using the gamepad just fine, yes my hands gets more tired after a while, but I don't feel handicaped playing the game on the gamepad. Otherwise just use whatever you like more unless you really want that off TV gameplay.

Onionkid

I meant to post as soon as I beat the game, but I was too exhausted and had to sleep for a few hours.

WOW, what a joyride! 10/10 in my mind, easily. I ended up playing it all in one sitting, actually streaming the whole game. Was an absolute blast, with crazy bosses and an insane amount of combat. Never got tired of the main type of combat throughout. Some of those bosses are absolutely bonkers. And bosses were incredibly frequent, as were challenge rooms and other fun distractions. Heck, I'm about to start streaming it again, was just too much fun and all I want to do is grab the gamepad again and play all weekend.

So, in case anyone has experience with these kinds of games, I may have a suggestion if you haven't started yet. You should probably play this game on the Hard difficulty (3rd climax) from the onset. I did it on the Normal equivalent, and it was way too much of a cakewalk. Never had to use an item, never died. Personally, the viewers said I rushed through the game, even though I felt like I was going at an actually pretty mellow pace...but whatever the case, the game was just a few minutes over 8 hours for me to complete.

Argh! So good, so so good! I have nothing really negative to say except I really hate it in games when the AI is constantly telling you to "hurry up!" but the game itself is encouraging you to look around and explore...got old really quick :)

Costume spoilers - Has any bought the
Super 64-2 yet? It comes with Foxs costume but I have absolutely zero idea how to equip it
very strange.

Before you start a chapter, choose the menu option then there should be a choice for Character Selection

not gonna lie, lumen sage on 3rd Climax whooped my ass something fierce. Knew I should have saved up for the Moon of Mahwhateverthefuck parry accessory

up to chapter 10...I actually can't wait to play it again so I get these platinums, lol

I got this game about 30 min ago and each time i put the disc in it says invalid disc.
All my other games work, is it a known issue for this game?

I mean the Bayonetta 1 disc works so i'm guessing it's the disc itself and not the system.

not gonna lie, lumen sage on 3rd Climax whooped my ass something fierce. Knew I should have saved up for the Moon of Mahwhateverthefuck parry accessory

up to chapter 10...I actually can't wait to play it again so I get these platinums, lol

Same, basically was a "get gud son" moment for me.

I am destroying my old Bayo1 PS3 scores. I beat the game a long time ago but I never quite "got gud" and I was playing on Easy. I played up until my gamepad died and I was getting consistently getting Gold, Platinums and Pure Platinums on normal.

The_Dude

EZxo2mz.jpg

Yes. Yes.

Revenile

So just as a heads up to an earlier conversation, the Bayonetta movie on itunes has gone up to it's presumably normal price of 9.99 USD. Glad I snagged it for the 3 it was at until whenever the price went up.

Durden77

I guess really the only important thing to take away from Bayonetta 1 is what happens between Bayonetta and
Jeanne

Huh. I don't even remember
Jeanne
being in the first one. Shows how much I remember. All I really remember is Rodin doin stuff and killing angels.

Either way I just finished chapter 1 and holy shit is this game cool.

Jinjo

Thinking about picking up a Wii U for this game, literally been going back and forth between yes or no, just wait for days now. Is it playable with the Wii U gamepad or is the Pro controller pretty much a necessity? Wanna go for the Mario Kart pack and score Super
Mario Bros 3D world just for good measure.

Mind is semi shattered at
Chapter IV
. Might as well have been a final boss in some games given how epic it was. "Epic" is a word I rarely use, but dayum was that special. A bit tough to see things, but largely forgivable.

I never Pure Platinumed Bayo1, but the setup seems the same. Which is kinda annoying. I really liked the checkpoint system in Rising such that the game only autosaved after the rank was displayed, so you could quickly quit and restart. Here, the game autosaves before the rank is displayed. Am I right in that that is going to really be frustrating and require potential restarts of whole chapters?

So how do I get Bayo 1 digital? I've already bought 2...is it a separate purchase?

Yeah.

Should be .01 cent for you

Huh. I don't even remember
Jeanne
being in the first one. Shows how much I remember. All I really remember is Rodin doin stuff and killing angels.

Either way I just finished chapter 1 and holy shit is this game cool.

You forgot you stopped playing it then.

Jeanne is basically Prince Vorkken: the ultimate rival

HoJu

anyone else having problems with the sound/voices in cutscenes? it's so quiet while everything else is normal. had the same problem with the demo.

Just got to chapter 8. Man, I haven't been this compelled to play a game that doesn't have achievements or trophies in AGES. It has all the spectacle of God of War but with better gameplay and a playful attitude. Not sure if it beats 1 yet, but it is certainly awesome.

A definite GOTY contender.

imae

anyone else having problems with the sound/voices in cutscenes? it's so quiet while everything else is normal. had the same problem with the demo.

Haven't noticed that myself, but you can separately adjust the Music, SFX & Voice volume in settings.

Kriken

So I finally got back to playing it, upped the difficulty to max and thought to myself "Huh, this isn't nearly as difficult as I thought it would be"

...Then I found the enemy who can block and swing multiple times >.< Needless to say I ate crow quickly and learned to "git gud" to know when to dodge.
BTW, I still love the swords and so glad they are the first weapons available

Strider

Thinking about picking up a Wii U for this game, literally been going back and forth between yes or no, just wait for days now. Is it playable with the Wii U gamepad or is the Pro controller pretty much a necessity? Wanna go for the Mario Kart pack and score Super
Mario Bros 3D world just for good measure.

Plenty playable with the gamepad. I prefer it over the pro controller actually.

Ok. Let me put down the controller for a moment and ask this one question.

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to make bayonetta look like her vagina is glowing when her magic is full charged up? I mean come on man...this is a bit much.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to make bayonetta look like her vagina is glowing when her magic is full charged up? I mean come on man...this is a bit much.

Can't judge a girl for being on the verge of climaxing man.

I just thought to myself that this is a game that nearly never existed yet it's like a love letter to gaming.

So good.

Surprised that wasn't mentioned in the Polygon review.

Finally got this in my hands, that last hour of work and commute home lasted an eternity.

Also, I asked a Gamestop employee how many people picked Bayo 2 up today and he said people had been consistently getting it all day. I know it doesn't really mean anything, but it made me happy :D

Geengrenzuh

Neo Member
Just finished chapter IV, some sick stuff in that one. Gonna get some sleep now and enjoy the rest of this magnificent game tomorrow!

Played the majority off TV on the gamepad. For those wondering: it's perfectly playable and looks great on the pad.

Atram

Had the same Problem, if you play over the TV Speakers change the WiiU Sound Settings from Surround to Stereo. This should fix your Problem.

Berg

Check your wiiu system sound settings. If its on surround..change to stereo.

Make sure your sound output configuration matches your speaker configuration (you know, 5.1 when using 5.1, Stereo when using headphones or TV speakers...). I've had similar problems because of that in the past...

Top Bottom