• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

Xeroblade

I forgot to tell every one that I skipped my lunch to go pick this up, came back to work only to find out I locked my keys in my car with the game... help.

So this happened

B0wHXGrCYAE7vWE.jpg

My local Fred Meyer, (Where I usually buy games at) Target, and Best Buy all didn't have copies of the game today as they all get their shipments tomorrow. I ended up having to buy it from Gamestop. It's really annoying to see such a great game get the shaft from the local retailers. You wouldn't see this kind of treatment for something on the Xbone or the PS4. All my local retailers seem to hate Nintendo. My Fred Meyer has over 100 copies of the PS4 version of Destiny on the shelf but they've been sold out of Smash since release.

Skyzard

Banned
^Just for the ass shots? I'll get my fill.

Somebody said 50 minutes of the first hour or two were cutscenes? -ah wait that was for Bayo 1.

Stopping at Chapter 6....or 7? IDK, honestly I've lost track of time and life playing this game. Gonna wait for my Pro Controller to arrive tomorrow so I can bring the pain.

THIS GAME

THIS GAME YOU GUIZE

My local Fred Meyer, (Where I usually buy games at) Target, and Best Buy all didn't have copies of the game today as they all get their shipments tomorrow. I ended up having to buy it from Gamestop. It's really annoying to see such a great game get the shaft from the local retailers. You wouldn't see this kind of treatment for something on the Xbone or the PS4. All my local retailers seem to hate Nintendo. My Fred Meyer has over 100 copies of the PS4 version of Destiny on the shelf but they've been sold out of Smash since release.

you know I would not mind if the game Bombed because of some 'Only on WiiU or P* curse' excuse but for retailers to ignore it like release day is not a thing is kinda weird even with the negative relationships with Nintendo you still have to support a good game for your customers.

Coda

Will give this a go.

I should skip all the cutscenes right?

The cutscenes a lot of the time is how the action flows into one another. It'd be weird to skip everything and miss how these giant bosses come into the scene. It's been epic every time. The cutscenes in Bayonetta 2 are equally as good as it's gameplay. It really is the perfect action game.

antitrop

Huh, the buttons on the Pro Controller are where the right stick should be and the right stick is where the buttons should be. I'll get used to it, eventually, I guess.

Coda

Huh, the buttons on the Pro Controller are where the right stick should be and the right stick is where the buttons should be. I'll get used to it, eventually, I guess.

It's bliss once you do. The Pro Controller is my favorite next gen controller, it's unbelievably comfy.

I still can't play because I had to go to the hospital for treatment and now I am still medicated so won't enjoy a game while my head swims in a fog but can't sleep too busy reading the hype and slow typing to avoid errors :(

Finished in Climax 2. Silver. Next up is Bayo 1.

Game of the year. There is no discussion, no argumentation, no nothing.

GAF needs a LIKE or YEAH+ button

Skyzard

Banned
The cutscenes a lot of the time is how the action flows into one another. It'd be weird to skip everything and miss how these giant bosses come into the scene. It's been epic every time. The cutscenes in Bayonetta 2 are equally as good as it's gameplay. It really is the perfect action game.

Ok will give them a chance. Special edition on its way from amazon.

Only had the original on PS3, was pretty choppy and I ended up not playing much.

The effort they went through with the costumes that I saw on the Giant Bomb QL sold me tbh.

Looking back, there is one niggle I have with this game. And that's this games new torture moves, they're a bit shit in comparision to the original games moves. Give me deadly crushing vices, iron maiden coffins, kinky BDSM guillotines, torture racks, falling gravestones, and spikey pinwheels over a boring grinder, and a few monster specific clobberings.

Its like the Dual Shock and the Xbox Controller had a baby.

Its my favourite controller between the 3 new gen consoles. So light, so comfy and the battery life is stellar.

SeanR1221

Bought the game and had my copy on the table while I was getting some work done.

My wife walked in, looked at the cover, and just walked away with a very odd look on her face.

EhoaVash

Looked at 2 stores and couldn't find the game

I was lucky to find 1 copy at target

THis game is soo good, soo fucking overwhelming too but sooo goood
B0wQLCvIQAADnvf.jpg:large

.. not pictured pikmin 3..i should of gotten that physical instead of digital x.x and my collection would of been complete.

Berg

Out of town, want to buy online and auto download on wiiu for when I get home. Is it possible? I thought I read something about Nintendo.com doing this.

jblank83

Looked at 2 stores and couldn't find the game

I was lucky to find 1 copy at target

THis game is soo good, soo fucking overwhelming too but sooo goood
B0wQLCvIQAADnvf.jpg:large

.. not pictured pikmin 3..i should of gotten that physical instead of digital x.x and my collection would of been complete.

Solid buys!

drotahorror

It's bliss once you do. The Pro Controller is my favorite next gen controller, it's unbelievably comfy.

It's alright but with other controllers I can use my left thumb a lot more easier to turn the camera while fighting at the same time. If my thumb was about an inch longer it'd be no problem on the pro controller.

Kensuke

I'm loving the alternate weapons. Not using the pistols at all anymore. Instead I have these two builds right now:

A: Kafka + Undine. The bow is amazing for bosses. You can pretty much 'cheese' them from a distance and it's easy to keep your combo active throughout the whole battle. It's a bit cheap, but you still have to dodge any incoming attacks. I only use Undine for the fifth attack if I happen to be close to the boss.

B: Salamandra + Alruna. Salamandra is great for DPS, just (literally) tears through enemies. Alruna has some great AoE spinning kicks and left trigger + kick is good for separating enemies.

I'm experimenting way more than in the original Bayonetta. What weapons are you guys using?

Naite

Ugh... I regret trying to get it off the eshop.

Took me half an hour to buy everything and start my downloads because the eshop was so slow and kept giving me error messages all over. Then it finally finished downloading after 4 hours. When it was mostly done installing, the console said my usb hard drive was disconnected even though it was perfectly fine. Now I have to download it all over again, and I haven't downloaded Bayo1 yet either.

N° 2048

Oh boy, I might need to grab a pro controller tomorrow after work. My hands aren't used to playing high paced action games with the gamepad.

I knew i shoulda picked the game up in the morning. Target, Best Buy, and both Walmarts in my area are sold out T.T

Edit: lol i just tweeted about it sold out and JP Kellams retweeted it.

Top Bottom