• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

antitrop

Holy Christ, I just finished the Prologue. Everything about that was absolutely perfect.

I feel like I'm going to need a week for my brain to process what just happened. That was, like, the reason I play video games. Sometimes I do feel like I forget.

And that's all I'm gonna play until after I'm done replaying Bayo 1.

uberluigi

Banned
I'm currently playing through Bayonetta 1 (never played it before) and I'm really enjoying so far. Can't wait til I play Bayonetta 2, Any tips on which technique I should unlock or buy in the beginning?

Cheska

Whoooohoooo! Bayonetta 2 joining the rest of the queens merch :D

Iz6cAxt.jpg

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Is everyone getting pretty awful transfer rates, or is it just me?

It took me 3 and a half hours to download the 12 gigs. On my PC or PS4, that would normally take 20-30 minutes with my connection.

This isn't a case of another console with awful wifi is it? My PC is running through the same router using wifi and I get 8 MB/s on it.

Durden77

I'm adoring this game, but I think there's something about Bayonetta's gameplay that just doesn't click with me as well as Platnium's other titles. Sometimes I just feel like I'm mashing buttons and am a little lost. I think stuff like the pause combos and maybe the camera system throw me off.

Still love it though, and I might just not understand it's mechanics well enough yet.

I hope this does well, I bought my friend a copy but he can't play it till Sunday. I don't have a Wii U, I feel it needs more great games like this for me to purchase, the Marios, Kirbys and so on are nice but I would like some more adult oriented games and I would gladly buy one.

Eiolon

Just bought my copy. Best Buy didn't even know it was supposed to be out today so they never put it on the shelves. I am skipping Bayonetta 1 even though I haven't played it before. I'll go back when a drought hits to try it out.

I'm adoring this game, but I think there's something about Bayonetta's gameplay that just doesn't click with me as well as Platnium's other titles. Sometimes I just feel like I'm mashing buttons and am a little lost. I think stuff like the pause combos and maybe the camera system throw me off.

Still love it though, and I might just not understand it's mechanics well enough yet.

I felt like that at first when going through Bayo 1 on 360. My advice would be to spend more time or practicing the moves when it prompts you to, the mechanics feel a lot more natural and second nature after a while.

Just keep playing. It was the same for me with W101 but when it clicked ooooh boy the game got a million times more awesome.

N° 2048

Hollyyy fuckk when she undresses and it's the Link costume (doing Bayo 1). Not used to this mix, haha. This is amazing. Sexy Nintendo.

Really can't wait until I'm back so I can throw myself into this. Platinum delivered on the gameplay again, from the demo. Can't imagine how sweet this is going to be.

This is every Platinum game. You learn more and more and as you do, the game gets better and better.
Except W101. You had to know what you were doing and have a decent grasp on the mechanics just to make it through the game, which is something I felt was awesome about it.

My local Fred Meyer, (Where I usually buy games at) Target, and Best Buy all didn't have copies of the game today as they all get their shipments tomorrow. I ended up having to buy it from Gamestop. It's really annoying to see such a great game get the shaft from the local retailers. You wouldn't see this kind of treatment for something on the Xbone or the PS4. All my local retailers seem to hate Nintendo. My Fred Meyer has over 100 copies of the PS4 version of Destiny on the shelf but they've been sold out of Smash since release.

Fred get send whatever the company allocate for them, local store doesn't have a say in the matter. Also Smash sold out because it's on a cartridge and there's limited supply. The game is very niche there are games that Fred doesn't carry.

george_us

I wish I wasn't hungover while trying to play this. Can't really appreciate all the awesome going on without getting a little nauseous.

How can people shit on the cutscenes when the action based ones are the best in the business? It's clear that they put the real work into those and save resources when doing the less important interactions.

On chapter 14. Loving the game beyond words. 8.5 hours of play according to my Wii U.

Holy shit.

THE FUCKING ARWING FLIGHT WHEN YOURE USING THE FOX MCCLOUD OUTFIT IS THE GREATEST THING EVER. PLATINUM NEEDS TO MAKE THE NEW STARFOX GAME. STARFOX 64 IS THE GREATEST NINTENDO GAME. IM DYING BECAUSE OF HOW AWESOME THIS FUCKING SHIT IS.

as good as Bayo2 default costume is,
I'm glad to be back to Bayo1 costume and Sharuba. I'm rocking Sharuba with dual swords on feet for all sword action, and chainsaws/whip for heavy enemies/bosses/crowd control. I'm getting these Platinums for 3rd Climax

Riposte

it has been shipped... I think I'll hold off until I finish The Evil Within and Korra... this must be what waiting til marriage feels like.

Kensuke

Do you get anything special for getting pure platinum for the whole chapter? A different trophy? I don't remember if anything happened in the original Bayo.

Teknoman

How do you unlock the costumes anyway, or is that only once Rodins shop is available?

Also for that matter, I never found out if Rodin is a renegade angel, demon, or
santa claus

How can people shit on the cutscenes when the action based ones are the best in the business? It's clear that they put the real work into those and save resources when doing the less important interactions.

On chapter 14. Loving the game beyond words. 8.5 hours of play according to my Wii U.

Some people feel they are "too silly" or not worth their time. I have no idea how a human being could feel like that honestly. Stuff is too hype not to get you fired up for the next fight. Its like hating on it being "morphin time".

Dreavus

Holy Christ, I just finished the Prologue. Everything about that was absolutely perfect.

I feel like I'm going to need a week for my brain to process what just happened. That was, like, the reason I play video games. Sometimes I do feel like I forget.

And that's all I'm gonna play until after I'm done replaying Bayo 1.

Nailed it. It's just so fucking awesome.

Giolon

GDI. Amazon fails me again. My copy isn't arriving until Monday. Yet, I could order it from them right now, and get it on Sunday.

SMH. This is the third time they've fucked me over in a game release in the past year. Dragon's Crown, Hyrule Warriors, and now this.

BDrummer1606

Neo Member
Playing the the first game for the first time, should I play it straight through without the costumes first? Or can I dabble around with them without it making it a different experience?

Morph-0

This is already my game of year and I'm still nowhere near completing it. Those still on the fence, I think it's a must play work of brilliance! That is if you like action games..

Durden77

This is every Platinum game. You learn more and more and as you do, the game gets better and better.

I felt like that at first when going through Bayo 1 on 360. My advice would be to spend more time or practicing the moves when it prompts you to, the mechanics feel a lot more natural and second nature after a while.

Just keep playing. It was the same for me with W101 but when it clicked ooooh boy the game got a million times more awesome.

Yeah it's weird because I felt the same way about Bayo 1, but every other Platnium game has "clicked" with me in a way, even if it didn't initially. Even the W101, ehich I ended up adoring after spending some solid time with it.

I dunno, as I mentioned earlier I rushed through Bayo 1, and never got the greatest feel for it. Probably some of that just leaking over, but luckily I can take my time with this one. It's just something about the camera system or something. Like I feel like I can't see everything I need to see, or I can't focus on what I need to focus on. And especially when I try to implement cool pause combos and stuff, it gets a bit messy.

I can't find this game anywhere. Sold out at my GameStop and best buy.

this has been posted too much in this thread maybe we should start a PSA thread to help Gaffers locate a copy

sad trend though low shipment is more likely than selling large numbers would love to be wrong and it sold a cool million

Top Bottom