• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

DukeBobby

I am this close to picking this up.

I liked the first game, but I didn't love it. However, I kind of rushed through it, and I never really got to grips with the combat system.

That was several years ago, though. Having played several Platinum games since then, I think I will be able to get to grips with this one better.

Hmm, I'll decide over the weekend.

antitrop

I liked the first game, but I didn't love it. However, I kind of rushed through it, and I never really got to grips with the combat system.

That was several years ago, though. Having played several Platinum games since then, I think I will be able to get to grips with this one better.

Shit, Bobby, buy the fuckin' game, already.

This is gonna top Wolfenstein, for me. Easy.

Durden77

How does it feel to play using the game pad ? Is a pro controller essential or is it fine without?

Have no problem with the gamepad, but then again, I never really do.

All these weapon combonations are stressin me out damn! Is it bad if I just wanna stick with the pistols? I like the bow too though...and the flamethrowers..arg!

get in Duke

Grisby

Can;t remember which chapter I stopped at tonight but I ended up back in a place that made me smile. This game plays so good.

I'm in love with the bow now. The little shit has grown on me too.

You know, after playing this and Evil Within back to back I'm in some action game heaven. Those Japanese devs just aren't afraid to mix things up.
Am I going crazy im or is this game not really holding a solid 60fps during some of the bigger attack animations?
I don't think a platinum game has ever held a steady 60fps.

Cheska

Why don't people pre-order anymore? If you know you'll want a game, why not throw $5 to reserve your copy? Or you can even use Amazon and not have to put any money down until it ships.

I am really feeling the music in this. I expected it to be good, but damn

The Prologue boss battle music when you get to the top of the building still gave me chills. Such a fantastic track.

can't wait to climax together with you guys

bayonetta-kissing-gif3ardo.gif

Zeliard

All these weapon combonations are stressin me out damn! Is it bad if I just wanna stick with the pistols? I like the bow too though...and the flamethrowers..arg!

I feel like I'm going to use anything but the guns in this playthrough. So far I just have the swords and I already never want to go back to the guns. :p

How does it feel to play using the game pad ? Is a pro controller essential or is it fine without?

love my gamepad feels good for my hands, I do own a WiiU Pro the pro is amazing for what it is but the gamepad screen is still a draw for me beside the action is also mirrored on the screen with a miiverse share icon I plan to spam

if you don't mind spending the cash I recommend always owning a Pro for action games

TW101 almost killed my gamepad that thing is not easy to replace so when things get epic and I am abusing the pad I switch to pro

Co-op spoiler:
Sometimes after three matches the game will offer you a card that lets you fight Bayonetta and Jeanne and that shit cray

love my gamepad feels good for my hands, I do own a WiiU Pro the pro is amazing for what it is but the gamepad screen is still a draw for me beside the action is also mirrored on the screen with a miiverse share icon I plan to spam

if you don't mind spending the cash I recommend always owning a Pro for action games

TW101 almost killed my gamepad that thing is not easy to replace so when things get epic and I am abusing the pad I switch to pro

Cool, thanks

Teknoman

I say use different combos of weapons with different costume playthroughs.

And the gamepad works just fine. Also yay for Wonderful 101 theme as the news network theme.

Zeliard

I played the demo a few times with the regular Wii U Gamepad. It worked great.

Using a Wii Pro Controller now but if you don't have one you should be totally fine.

antitrop

I say use different combos of weapons with different costume playthroughs.

And the gamepad works just fine. Also yay for Wonderful 101 theme as the news network theme.

I can't fucking wait to play The Wonderful 101 now that I have a Wii U. After I finish Bayonetta 2, it will be the next game I play.

Kensuke

I feel like I'm going to use anything but the guns in this playthrough. So far I just have the swords and I already never want to go back to the guns. :p

I did the same thing, the swords are awesome. I even thought I was going to play the whole game with the swords, but after unlocking a few other weapons I don't even use them anymore. I'm constantly finding a new favorite. :p

Sayter

Me either! Swords/whips combo is the best.

Wait. Where you referring to weapons in this game?

Uhh... Swords? Sure why not? Nevermind what I said earlier.

I have a feeling this is gonna be my GOTY, I THOUGHT it was gonna be evil within (yeah yeah, i don't wanna talk about the performance stuff here lol) but this sounds like it's EVERYTHING i'm hoping for

Durden77

But I love shooting bullets everywhere. But the swords are godlike too, and the melee range is so good. Not sure how much I like it's hand combos though. There's too much to love!

Coda

But I love shooting bullets everywhere. But the swords are godlike too, and the melee range is so good. Not sure how much I like it's hand combos though. There's too much to love!

Yeah totally.

My loadouts are currently:

Type A:
Love is Blue
Love is Blue (sometimes I'll switch in the flamethrower/ice machine)

Type B:
Kafka (bow)
Dual Swords

dani_dc

Just did the prologue and I had a smile in my face the entire time, much like in the original game.
Few games get me this happy.

Now I'm feeling like going out km search of the collectors edition even though I already got the DD version.

I was lucky enough to grab the last copy at my local best buy. They even had to go into the back to dig it out for me.

Won't be able to play until tomorrow, but very excited!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I have a feeling this is gonna be my GOTY, I THOUGHT it was gonna be evil within (yeah yeah, i don't wanna talk about the performance stuff here lol) but this sounds like it's EVERYTHING i'm hoping for

Going from that struggle framerate to this was like having an epiphany.

Unit24

Just finished Bayo 2. Pretty awesome game overall, but I think Bayo 1 had a better finale.

Has anything new been added to the first game besides extra costumes? Also, how do you flip the Varia Suit visor during cutscenes? I tried every button and nothing happened.

NateDrake

Just finished Bayo 2. Pretty awesome game overall, but I think Bayo 1 had a better finale.

Has anything new been added to the first game besides extra costumes? Also, how do you flip the Varia Suit visor during cutscenes? I tried every button and nothing happened.

Believe it is down on the D-pad.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Looked at 2 stores and couldn't find the game

I was lucky to find 1 copy at target

THis game is soo good, soo fucking overwhelming too but sooo goood
B0wQLCvIQAADnvf.jpg:large

.. not pictured pikmin 3..i should of gotten that physical instead of digital x.x and my collection would of been complete.

No MH3U...

Zeliard

Oh man the co-op is great. I feel like I should progress in the game further before messing too much with it though, all my co-op partners have some wicked-looking three-bladed scythe and huge health bars. :p

I went to Target and Walmart, neither had it. Gah. Each being 15-20gbs makes it so dumb to buy as a digital download.

I guess Amazon didn't do release date shipping for some reason so I have to wait until Monday before I can partake of this joyous game. It's not like I have plenty of games in my backlog to work on haha.

Oh man the co-op is great. I feel like I should progress in the game further before messing too much with it though, all my co-op partners have some wicked-looking three-bladed scythe and huge health bars. :p

You can get the scythe in Chapter 5 so it's not that far into the game!

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Popped Bayonetta 1 in first just to see it again, and damn, I'm shocked at how much better Bayonetta 2 looks!
Game is freakin' gorgeous, and no videos I've seen prepared me for how damn good it looks on my TV. Really enjoying this, it's a breath of fresh air!

Any idea on how to get
the Crow in Chapter 4? Up on the power lines? It's driving me crazy

edit: nvm, got it.
You have to double jump into it

Top Bottom