• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

AdanVC

I played the demo a few times with the regular Wii U Gamepad. It worked great.

Using a Wii Pro Controller now but if you don't have one you should be totally fine.

That's good to know. I can't afford a Pro Controller right now so I'm stuck with the Gamepad. I finished Pikmin 3 entirely with the Gamepad so I think I can manage Bayo 2 as well :p

antitrop

Haha, I've finished Bayonetta 1 3 times (twice on Hard) and I'm getting my ass handed to me on Normal. It's really taking me longer than I figured to get used to the Pro Controller. I think it's the placement of the 'B' button that's really throwing me off, it seems too low, or the buttons seem too far apart, or something.

My thumb just refuse to go to the Y or B buttons, they seem unwieldy.

Also, you can't jump and move the camera at the same time, like you can with an Xbox controller.

Bombless

Haha, I've finished Bayonetta 1 3 times (twice on Hard) and I'm getting my ass handed to me on Normal. It's really taking me longer than I figured to get used to the Pro Controller. I think it's the placement of the 'B' button that's really throwing me off, it seems too low, or the buttons seem too far apart, or something.
I have the same issue. Barely using jump as a result. My hands are too big for it I think. But I beat the game so it's not too bad.

Squishy3

I guess Amazon didn't do release date shipping for some reason so I have to wait until Monday before I can partake of this joyous game. It's not like I have plenty of games in my backlog to work on haha.
They did do release date shipping, Amazon's shipping priority just gets screwed up when stuff that got ordered before release date delivery was an option. You just have to reapply the shipping method as 2 day even if it was already set to 2 day shipping before it actually ships and it would have arrived today. Obviously too late to fix now, but now you know for next time.

So is it a good sign that this game is sold out in a number of stores?

Every store got 2 copies

mN20erH.jpg

So is it a good sign that this game is sold out in a number of stores?

would need shipment number to get an idea
but due to the attitudes of most retailers towards WiiU games and shelf space ranking #6+ for weeks on Amazon it better news than sold out at places who don't care about stocking WiiU games

Mupod

holy shit this is so good. I don't know what I was expecting but every little minor thing that bugged me about bayo1 is fixed. Unless it starts throwing instakill QTEs at you later on of course.

I started on climax 3 and it seems pretty tough, I assumed this would be 'normal' but I guess it's 'hard'? Well, I'm managing now, so I'll stick with it.

Also that first city hub area with the blue skies and the water and the smooth framerate gave me some comfy dreamcast vibes. Took my time exploring and still missed one encounter somehow.

Where will this be available for purchase one it does come out?

Bwahaha. Your guess is as good as mine. Though she was shown off at the last Wonder Festival (a Japanese toy show), so I would imagine now that Bayonetta 2 is out, hopefully pre-orders will open soon. Something similar happened with the newest Labrys figure from Persona 4 Arena. She was done for ages, but they waited until the new game came out to open pre-orders.

Seik

Banned
So the moment I went back home from work and ate a bit, I tanked one hour of Bayo 2, which was so FUCKING good, holy shit. I couldn't wait to try it.

Then I played a solid 2h30m of Bayo 1, solid port. Still can't believe we got both games in one package.

My eyes hurt now, need sleep, but will definitely play again tomorrow, the hype was totally worth it.

antitrop

just keep it in the charge cradle and out of view obviously

You can turn the display off in the home menu, but you can't turn it off completely

Guess that's good enough.

There's actually a trick, that involves just moving as far away as possible with the gamepad in hand from the Wii U that it loses communication with the console and the gamepad just shuts off and doesn't come back on unless you hit the power button back on. Kind of annoying to do that but if it annoys you that much you can do that. Personally I just always have it charging so it doesn't really bother me. Wish they gave you an option though.

Now that's hilarious.

Coda

Is there any way to turn off the Tablet while you're using the Pro Controller? This seems odd.

There's actually a trick, that involves just moving as far away as possible with the gamepad in hand from the Wii U that it loses communication with the console and the gamepad just shuts off and doesn't come back on unless you hit the power button back on. Kind of hassle to do that but if it annoys you it does work and the range is pretty small so you don't have to move too far to get it to work. Personally I just always have it charging so it doesn't really bother me. Wish they gave you an option though.

N° 2048

Thought I'd have a bit of trouble finishing Bayo 1 with 2 sitting right there but nope. Totally immersed into Bayo 1 like the first time I played it.

Love. Love. Love.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Shit, Bobby, buy the fuckin' game, already.

This is gonna top Wolfenstein, for me. Easy.
But you haven't even played Tropical Freeze yet.

Damn Bayonetta 2 is giving the ape serious competition through.

It gets disabled in some games but if you hit the home button you can go into controller options. There should be a turn off screen option in there. Doesn't completely turn the controller off, but you should be able to just cradle it after that.

Neff

I'm up to Chapter 8 now, and I don't feel like I've had my Grace & Glory moment where the game just shuts your shit down and forces you to catch up quick. Is it coming?

2nd Masked Lumen fight was pretty nuts though.

The Hermit

Man, I feel so shitty right now.. I have both Bayo waiting for me (never played either) and I am on a 24hrs shift at the hospital.

(._.)

antitrop

even after several hours the pro controller is throwing me off

damn
Yeah, you know it's bad when you're continuously pressing the wrong button when the prompt shows up for Torture Attacks. Every time I try to hit Y, I hit X instead, and jumping or moving the camera feels terrible.

It shouldn't be that hard to adjust to a new controller.

You also just bought it and are holding it and using it for the first time. It doesn't mean you're retarded just because you don't adapt to it within the first 10 minutes.

Eh, I figured by time I got to Chapter 4 of Bayo 1, I would have adapted, but it's still as cumbersome as when I started. I might as well start over, because my scores were so bad.

Andrew.

Banned
Yeah, you know it's bad when you're continuously pressing the wrong button when the prompt shows up for Torture Attacks. Every time I try to hit Y, I hit X instead, and jumping or moving the camera feels terrible.

You also just bought it and are holding it and using it for the first time. It doesn't mean you're retarded just because you don't adapt to it within the first 10 minutes.

You'll get used to it trust me. And when you do then you will realize.

Seik

Banned

It mixed me up at first too, then I tried to visualize a SNES controller and it helped me quite a bit to get used to it.

That's just me though, I played SNES for many years and still do today sometimes, doesn't mean it'll work for everyone. :p

antitrop

It mixed me up at first, then I tried to visualize a SNES controller and it helped me quite a bit to get used to it.

It's actually the physical spacing of the buttons that is throwing me off, they are farther apart than an Xbox controller or a Dualshock.

I know which button is which, but my fingers don't like them.

Seik

Banned
It's actually the physical spacing of the buttons that is throwing me off, they are farther apart than an Xbox controller or a Dualshock.

I know which button is which, but my fingers don't like them.

Oh I see, just give yourself some time then, it's not even been a day since you got your console, after all. ;)

Famassu

I feel like I'm going to use anything but the guns in this playthrough. So far I just have the swords and I already never want to go back to the guns. :p
For some reason I didn't like the swords in the demo of Bayo 2, although they were almost always in one of my two sets of weapons in Bayo 1. Weird.

I really love how unique all of the weapons in this game are.

And the new moveset for the default guns rocks. So much cooler than the one in the first game.

Subaru

I must say that I'm kinda disappointed with Bayo 2.

Sure, the gameplay is incredible, as well the graphics, the stages, the characters... even the story this time is better than the first one.

But I think Bayo 1 is still better. It's a more charming game, I think Bayo 2 is too serious, it's like Cereza lost her sense of humor after Chapter 2! I know the circumstances are different, but stil... B2 is less sarcastic, less silly, less diverse.

There are some good surpries, but I think the first one was more shocking, and not just because it was original, I was playing (again) last month and I was laughing so much!

Also, I'm sad that I think that we probably won't have Bayo 3 =(

Fatbody

Man, this game has like perfect pacing. One of my few complaints about the first Bayonetta was the pacing between the combat, cutscenes, and boss fights. I don't know, they just never seemed well synced to me. One or the other would be too long or too short. But this time around it just flows.

Sayter

Is it just me or does the rumble function for the Pro Controller feel more active when being used to play Bayonetta?

I've played MK8 and Hyrule Warriors with the Pro Controller and couldn't even feel the rumble. I figured the rumble function must be crap for the Pro Controller. But when used to play Bayonetta the Pro feels like a jack hammer.

N° 2048

Is it just me or does the rumble function for the Pro Controller feel more active when being used to play Bayonetta?

I've played MK8 and Hyrule Warriors with the Pro Controller and couldn't even feel the rumble. I figured the rumble function must be crap for the Pro Controller. But when used to play Bayonetta the Pro feels like a jack hammer.

I just noticed this a few minutes ago. Playing Bayo 1 and got Breakdance. Damn, that rumble...I've never felt it before :p

Top Bottom