• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

Is it just me or does the rumble function for the Pro Controller feel more active when being used to play Bayonetta?

I've played MK8 and Hyrule Warriors with the Pro Controller and couldn't even feel the rumble. I figured the rumble function must be crap for the Pro Controller. But when used to play Bayonetta the Pro feels like a jack hammer.

Platinum just likes to go ham with the rumble. Wonderful 101 on the Gamepad with rumble was an experience alright.

halfway through second playthrough on 3rd climax, getting Platinums for the chapters. So far, I give this game a
sExYr0u.png
/10

even after several hours the pro controller is throwing me off

damn

Yeah, you know it's bad when you're continuously pressing the wrong button when the prompt shows up for Torture Attacks. Every time I try to hit Y, I hit X instead, and jumping or moving the camera feels terrible.

It shouldn't be that hard to adjust to a new controller.

Eh, I figured by time I got to Chapter 4 of Bayo 1, I would have adapted, but it's still as cumbersome as when I started. I might as well start over, because my scores were so bad.

Lol, glad I'm not the only one here. I just got to chapter 4 as well and I'm still not fully use to it. The controller is pretty comfortable, but It's still kinda awkward for me to use. Been doing kinda shitty as well because of it, I am still hitting the wrong button prompts from time to time. Also, like you said, camera control while jumping is pretty bad with this controller haha.

Ninjimbo

I'm up to Chapter 8 now, and I don't feel like I've had my Grace & Glory moment where the game just shuts your shit down and forces you to catch up quick. Is it coming?

2nd Masked Lumen fight was pretty nuts though.
I'm the same right now. Granted, I'm playing on normal and I'm someone who beat the original on Hard but so far I've only died once and that was because I killed myself on purpose. It's probably the fact that I know how the systems work now that I'm working my way through without many problems. The first game killed me a lot.

Still, Bayo 2 has been nothing short of thrilling so far. The pacing is cranked up to 11 all the time. I'm on Chapter 8 too.

Masked Lumen is a total badass. I love fighting him. It almost feels like I'm playing a fighting game looking for openings and patterns. The speed at which the fight moves is absolutely bonkers. I honestly have no idea how I'm able to keep up with it.

Sayter

Platinum just likes to go ham with the rumble. Wonderful 101 on the Gamepad with rumble was an experience alright.

Really? Because I play w101 using the pad and can barely feel it. I even checked to make sure it was on in the game and gamepad settings. I think I'll play Bayonetta using the gamepad to see if I can notice a difference.

It mixed me up at first too, then I tried to visualize a SNES controller and it helped me quite a bit to get used to it.

That's just me though, I played SNES for many years and still do today sometimes, doesn't mean it'll work for everyone. :p

It's what I did back when I first played the Wii U after a long time without playing a Nintendo home console.
Worked very well for me.

==

So, now I'm finally enjoying my time playing this game after a day of work and some early night sleep.

Got my first gold award on Prologue. Normal difficulty.
I'm bad, I know. But it's my first contact with Bayo (Bayo 1 incoming too, of course), although I do have experience with W101.

I think this game is easier to master than W101, but I like both the same and both are very challenging.

Eiolon

Enjoying the game and Cereza's personality has melted my heart. I am not too sure about the combat system yet though. I am just mashing X, A, ZR, ZL and L over and over. Everything is going so fast (even with witch time) that I haven't really done anything proper.

Some of you have FINISHED the game already? Is it shorter than B1?

Probably close to the same length if you aren't counting cutscenes. They give you panther within straight from the get-go so there's little travel time between encounters. And once you get Dual Chainsaws with the whip, gg no re for everybody on 3rd Climax.

Structurally, its damn near identical to Bayo1, so it doesn't have that fresh feel Bayo1 had and you were learning everything. If you played the hell out of that game, this one is pretty much the same thing. The bosses are better, the weapons are more unique, its got a more colorful, vibrant look, and the gimmick sections are both shorter and just play better than Bayo 1.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Just hit chapter six in one stint, time for a break. Game is pure sex. Feeling I like the first one a bit more so far, but that's hardly a bad thing, because what's here is bliss.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Had to do a bunch of shit to prep for Halloween stuff so I'm only on chapter 3. But FUUUCK. I liked W101 and all but nothing compares to this style of action game to me.

Kriken

Well I'm gonna end day 1 of Bayo 2 on chapter 8, but got damn I am loving this. Sure I get very salty when I miss a dodge or so, but I am so glad this exists.

Yes

Don't buy it

Well then. I suppose I won't. Certainly not my thing music-wise.

Another question, the demo doesn't really give you an idea of what's happening between fights. For example, running around the villages and military complexes in a game like Ninja Gaiden offers some amount of exploration, though relatively minimal. Yet, it's required to give the player moments of respite and variety. The calm before the storm. What's the ratio between fighting and traversing environments?

Another question, the demo doesn't really give you an idea of what's happening between fights. For example, running around the villages and military complexes in a game like Ninja Gaiden offers some amount of exploration, though relatively minimal. Yet, it's required to give the player moments of respite and variety. The calm before the storm. What's the ratio between fighting and traversing environments?

There's actually quite a lot of environment exploration and hidden stuff to find. Definitely more than you'd think.

Andrew.

Banned

8:2

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Oh also, while I felt Bayonetta was about right on normal, I probably should have started on third climax this time around. Damage output with the right weapons and umbra climax, which isn't too hard to fill up given the hit penalties on energy aren't huge, is so huge it makes a lot of fights trivial. I've died once and even that was easily avoidable.

AusGAFers, is the two case package the only one available in Australia? All the retailers are still using this picture on their sites, so I have no idea what's going on:

I picked up my copy from JB, and the only one they had on shelf was the boxed special edition (AU$69) where each game gets its own case.

B0wAwA2CMAAksrM.jpg

I picked up my copy from JB, and the only one they had on shelf was the boxed special edition (AU$69) where each game gets its own case.

Ah, thanks, I'll have to get in on that. Unfortunately I went and pre-ordered a UK copy because I thought we were getting a one-case version like the US one, so... well, I guess I'll have two copies :p

george_us

Holy shit at the Lumen Sage fights. The way the camera flows freely combined with the top tier animation legitimately makes it feel like a choreographed fight scene.

Tag climax…

This shit is too fun. Great if you want to get enough halos for the accessories before advancing too much with the story as well.

Finished CH5 on 3rd Climax and this game is amazing so far.

Holy shit at the Lumen Sage fights. The way the camera flows freely combined with the top tier animation legitimately makes it feel like a choreographed fight scene.

I had the same exact thought. It's the way the camera follows the action mixed with the dodges. It looks crazy.

There's actually quite a lot of environment exploration and hidden stuff to find. Definitely more than you'd think.

That's cool. I was afraid it was relentless fights without something to connect them together. Though I suppose that may be expected of this series since I didn't play the first. Checking out a long play before I bundle with a B2G1 deal. Visually it's very odd, I'll say that. A strange clash of colors and styles. I'd be curious how it grows on me because aesthetically it's very off-putting,

Loving the game so far. I only have a couple of quibbles:

1. This is more down to taste, but I really don't like how busy the enemy designs are. I had this problem in DMC4 and the original Bayonetta as well so it's not like I was expecting it to change, but I find the enemies oddly jumbled and un-iconographic compared to Bayo and her movement. I can mostly look past it but...

2. ...it makes it really hard to see what's going on sometimes, and the aliasing/performance doesn't help. The busy designs can become a mess of shimmering during combat, and I'm noticing a lot of framerate drops. Even running around the practically deserted town area in the first couple of chapters isn't a smooth 60. It's bothering me.

Otherwise the game is glorious. Still can barely believe we got a Bayonetta 2.

That's fine with me I like physical CDs. Any idea where it's going on sale at?

Not off hand, i THINK someone posted a link to it earlier in the thread, its japan only, but the site they posted let you change the payment type to whatever currency you use, i think the site was called CDJapan or something like that, sorry im not much help :/

Play-Asia.com and CDJapan.co.jp are safe bets to import Japanese VG OSTs, though be prepared to pay some import taxes/VAT (I don't usually have to pay those, but Bayonetta 2 is a 5-CD OST so it might have such big a box that customs will pick it up).

Knew someone would know! Lol

Famassu

That's fine with me I like physical CDs. Any idea where it's going on sale at?
Play-Asia.com and CDJapan.co.jp are safe bets to import Japanese VG OSTs, though be prepared to pay some import taxes/VAT (I don't usually have to pay those, but Bayonetta 2 is a 5-CD OST so it might have such big a box that customs will pick it up).

Top Bottom