• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

Auskeek

Ah, thanks, I'll have to get in on that. Unfortunately I went and pre-ordered a UK copy because I thought we were getting a one-case version like the US one, so... well, I guess I'll have two copies :p

dPJCpIw.jpg

It's not the most special thing in the world. There's nothing more in that cardboard box and inside Bayo 1 case is literally just the game.

I don't think Bayo 2 had a manual either, just some generic black and white info sheet.

Akibared

Play-Asia.com and CDJapan.co.jp are safe bets to import Japanese VG OSTs, though be prepared to pay some import taxes/VAT (I don't usually have to pay those, but Bayonetta 2 is a 5-CD OST so it might have such big a box that customs will pick it up).

Awesome I've gotten something from CDJapan before I'm going to preorder from them.

Really digging the game, but I'm finding that the camera is way too close to the action sometimes. Not a huge deal with smaller enemies, but when I'm fighting larger ones so often, it gets annoying because the camera is always up against them, making it hard to see. Backgrounds are too hectic sometimes, can barely see what's going on (when I'm flying and fighting the sage for the first time, I had a hard time finding him).

Otherwise, liking the improvements to exploration and mini games. Awesome sequel.

Zeliard

Really digging the game, but I'm finding that the camera is way too close to the action sometimes. Not a huge deal with smaller enemies, but when I'm fighting larger ones so often, it gets annoying because the camera is always up against them, making it hard to see. Backgrounds are too hectic sometimes, can barely see what's going on (when I'm flying and fighting the sage for the first time, I had a hard time finding him).

You can pull the camera back in the options.

mrmickfran

I'm having trouble finding the pieces for the angelic gold LP in chapter 8. Anybody know where they are?

Edit: Nvm. I didn't realize that they continue through different chapters now. That's weird.

Squishy3

No manual targeting option I take it or is it just based on proximity? Didn't see it in the options like the first game.
It's R with default controls, and if you find it hard to dodge dodging is able to be performed by a direction + jump, like in DMC. At least, I think it's the case in 2 anyway. I never lock on and always use ZR to dodge, so.

Majestad

Banned
There's just something about Bayonetta's gameplay and audiovisual presentation that makes it such a delight to play. Fantastic game so far (about 2 hours in).

top notch! my only complaint is i'm playing bayonetta 2 and during the cutscenes the voices of the characters are so LOW. to the point where i can barely hear them. the music/effects are fine, but the voices are awfully low. during actual gameplay the voices are fine. wtf? anyone had this issue?

Cheska

Any suggestions on how to cut down the time in the Chapter 3
Paradiso, The Gates of Paradise fight?
I've replayed it three times and can't cut it below 8 minutes. Wtf am I doing wrong?

JoV

I don't think my wrists are up to something like this...

Sold out in a few places in Sydney, the shipment must have been tiny, but there were a few copies in the CBD.

stuminus3

Everything Nintendo have ever done wrong is forgiven. To think this incredible game might never have been made. I'd like to buy the man that gave it the green light a beer. I've been grinning for 3 hours straight.

Probably close to the same length if you aren't counting cutscenes. They give you panther within straight from the get-go so there's little travel time between encounters. And once you get Dual Chainsaws with the whip, gg no re for everybody on 3rd Climax.

Structurally, its damn near identical to Bayo1, so it doesn't have that fresh feel Bayo1 had and you were learning everything. If you played the hell out of that game, this one is pretty much the same thing. The bosses are better, the weapons are more unique, its got a more colorful, vibrant look, and the gimmick sections are both shorter and just play better than Bayo 1.

I thinks it's about the same size, I finished with less than 10 hours exploring a lot.

Thanks for the replies! I'm hoping to like this game more than the first, as I thought it was pretty damn good but not quite great. If it can top TW101 I might die!

PKrockin

I'll be picking this up a bit later when I have some time with the Wii U, but I had to stop in and say that's the best thread title I've seen on GAF in some time.

Tobe

so anybody already figured something akin to the kilgore glitch in bayo 2? that shit did obscene amount of damage in bayo 1. dont have a wii u since im broke so i cant play it :(

lt519

lol @ nintendo promo email: "A sexy, all-new action game available now"

Surprised gmail didn't kick it into the spam box

Can't play this until December, ugh whhhhhhyy

Just started, really loving it so far, even crazier than the first... but gof damn it, these stupid "moving still" cutscenes again. The fully animated ones are so awesome!

ErichWK

This might be the best game I've played all year. Everything you want Bayonetta to do, she does. The controls are so insanely tight. Simple to grasp, yet insanely deep and beautiful. Platinum games is my waifu.

JayEH

Finished Chapter 1, game feels really, really good. I actually got all the hidden verses in it too! lol. Story makes no sense like the first game but eh whatever. Really looking forward to getting more weapons.

javac

There's word out there that there is a glitch that lets you play with a Wii remote and nunchuck. If you start the game with a classic controller, press a button on the start screen and unplug the controller from the Wii Remote and then plug in a nunchuck it works. D-pad replaces ABXY or some crap. Maybe someone is pulling my leg lol. :p

dani_dc

Just done with chapter one. I spent way too much time walking around in between battle sections, and I still missed a bunch of figths.

Not top interested in this Loki character so far.
With that said, I really love any and all cutscenes with Bayonetta, she's always on top of things and I absolutely love her voice.

Played up through to Chapter
XVI
. I am in love with the sequel far more than the predecessor. Speeding the gameplay up and changing the visual style to incorporate more color is doing wonders for my enjoyment.
Whoever that voice actor is who plays Loki is the worrrrst
It's pretty terrible. I'm thinking about replaying with Japanese audio to see if he's any better.

HoJu

top notch! my only complaint is i'm playing bayonetta 2 and during the cutscenes the voices of the characters are so LOW. to the point where i can barely hear them. the music/effects are fine, but the voices are awfully low. during actual gameplay the voices are fine. wtf? anyone had this issue?

i had the same problem. changed the sound from surround to stereo in the wii u main options menu and it was fixed.

oh, and the game is pretty spectacular. haven't seen many enemies with ranged attacks yet, though i only just started chapter 2.

Bleep

Just started, really loving it so far, even crazier than the first... but gof damn it, these stupid "moving still" cutscenes again. The fully animated ones are so awesome!

They chose to do this in the original game due to budget constraints, it's probably the like that in the sequel for the same reason.

Just finished my first encounter with the Masked Lumen. I'm playing on 2nd climax and thinking I should change to 3rd... I assumed 2nd was "normal mode" and based on my experience with every other Platinum game I assumed that was the best place for me to start. I love these games but am not super good at them. Hard mode always kicks my ass, I never try it until my 3rd or 4th playthrough. I only managed to complete it in the first game by downing so many lollipops poor Bayo's teeth probably rotted out. But so far this has been really easy. I haven't died once or needed any items.

Neff

Does anyone know if there's a quick skip for the cutscenes like the first game? Because the same method doesn't work in this afaik.

Hypron

Having grown up in an area where lots of people have that accent and say "love" like that... fuck. It sounds so inauthentic in Bayo 2.

Yeah I don't think Platinum cares too much about authenticity. One of the main characters' names is terribly mispronounced as well.

i-Jest

Do we know how long bayonetta 1 and 2 will be bundled together for?

Not sure. I'd like to think the first 2 print runs will have a physical copy on Bayo 1 then all print runs after that will have an eshop code. We'll see. Sorta disappointed at not getting an actual physical manual but by no means is that a deal breakers.

Top Bottom