• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

Durden77

I feel like it would be a crime to play this on the gamepad, but dammit I want to keep playing this in bed! Maybe I'll just replay some old missions...

PKrockin

Anyone know what the framerate is like on the Wii U version of Bayo 1? 60fps with drops or pretty solid? W101 is "60fps" but the framerate isn't anywhere near locked.

Neff

Anyone know what the framerate is like on the Wii U version of Bayo 1? 60fps with drops or pretty solid? W101 is "60fps" but the framerate isn't anywhere near locked.

The framerate is almost always in the 50s, if not 60. It looks fantastic.

B2's framerate isn't great though honestly, maybe even worse than W101's.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
This game is insane. I've staunchly stood by Ninja Gaiden Black as my favorite character action game... but this is really going to give it a run for its money.

Pretty much my reaction the whole prologue:

70s-guy-walks-into-room-and-screams.gif

Zeliard

Chapter VII boss fight was a helluva thing. Both of them.

The Masked Lumen fights are so good, better even than Jeanne in the first game. Not only are the fights themselves awesome mechanically but they're visually astonishing with all the crazy shit going on in the background with the summons.

Amazing presentation married to excellent combat.

chadboban

How is your Wii U still not fixed? It seems like it broke half a year ago :/

Don't live in America so sending it to Nintendo is a pain in the ass. Good news is that I have a relative flying over to Washington next week. Do they're gonna mail it to Nintendo and once it's fixed in time I'll be able to get it back at the end of November :)

Having the Masked Lumen summon the Bayo 1 bosses as attacks is such a great parallel to Bayonetta and a treat for Bayo 1 players. Please let him be playable on story replays.

Fandangox

I steamrolled through 1, but was so rusty that I didn't even get a single Platinum.

I am debating practicing some more on 1 or just jumping into 2...

Guamu

After visiting every place that sells games, I can accurately report that Bayonetta is nowhere to be found on the local stores on my home town
:( no one shelved it

popyea

The first Masked Lumen encounter is insane! Just ridiculously fast, and when you're playing well, beautifully balletic. I've been taking my time with the game (playing on hard certainly helps with that) and it all just feels wonderfully paced so far. This is something Platinum have steadily been improving at, and in this game it feels close in pacing to something like Uncharted. I'm not talking about the pace of the moment-to-moment gameplay, I mean stuff like the pace of the levels and the set-pieces within them.

Shahadan

I'm so glad I finished Bayo 1 before trying 2 because holy shit it feels so much better for some reason. Also looks a thousand times better. The first city is gorgeous.
I'll have trouble to go back to 1 now.

Also love that there is a Ask Your Mom taunt (was it in the first?) :lol:

Decided to take a rest for the night at Chapter XIV. Missed two Muspelheim's and had a little rage moment. So far it absolutely trumps the first, in my opinion.

Hypron

I finished TLoU early this afternoon and played Bayonetta 2 up to chapter VI. It's a great game, I'm having lots of fun. I've been getting mostly gold rankings so far so I'm not even doing too badly (on 3rd clinax difficulty) which is quite surprising. I tend to get really shitty rankings on my first playthtoughs in general.

The fight against the
lumen sage
is really awesome, I'm sure it'll get even better as I become more familiar with it. On the other hand in still not a fan of those giant bosses. Visually they look absolutely awesome but they're not that interesting to fight IMO and some of them are prone to camera issues. I'm still having a great time, can't wait to see what's next.

popyea

Nonstop stone statues on Climax 3 since Chapter 4.

My ego. It buuuuuuuurns.

I think this is the case with most people. I'd like anyone to chime in if they've been able to get decent chapter ranks their first time through on this difficulty. If you die more than a couple of times, you're probably going to get a stone award. It takes practice to learn the tells of new enemies and bosses, so it'd be hard not to take substantial damage when experiencing them for the first time.

I think this is the case with most people. I'd like anyone to chime in if they've been able to get decent chapter ranks their first time through on this difficulty. If you die more than a couple of times, you're probably going to get a stone award. It takes practice to learn the tells of new enemies and bosses, so it'd be hard not to take substantial damage when experiencing them for the first time.

I've been getting mostly silver or gold ranks, with a platinum here and there. No pure plats though. But I played the hell out of Bayonetta 1 and even I got stone on two or three chapters. It's also definitely going to impact your ranking if you don't seek out those secret verses.

Anyone mind telling me where the
two Muspelheim Portals are in Chapter XIII
?

Update: Found the one that triggers Verse 2. Where's the Verse 11 one?

xevis

Banned
Picked this up today. I missed the first one because it was on Xbox/PS3 and, well, I don't roll like that.

First impressions: I adore Bayonetta's character! Strong, sexy, sassy. I love the way she struts when she walks and I love the way she owns every conversation she's in. And that voice acting! So so good. The other characters I could do without, especially the potty-mouth gangster, but Bayonetta herself is just terrific. I'm likewise impressed with the combat system. This is my first "spectacle fighter"; actually my first brawler since, uh... Streets of Rage 2, I think. I love the structure of the chapters, the combos, the summons... oh my. I'm gushing.

tl;dr
Amazing. Just, amazing.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

My overall chapter ranks so far have been Gold, Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze up through chapter 5 on 3rd climax, but I'm accustomed to how these games work. Dying does wreck your score though, I've died once which is where I got the bronze.

Unlocked all the Golden LP weapons I possibly can up until
I run through on 3rd climax and get the LP for the Chain Chomp

Salamandora are so fuckin' cool

Quadraxis

I found my most hated enemy until now..
Them Golem enemies. I just can't get a read on their changed forms. The topspin form is easy, but the other ones :/.
They are the only enemies that i almost lost to(playing on second climax).

By the way a nice detail in the fight in chapter IX against
Prophet, while you are flying around and battling, you can actually see the little specks of the Lumen Sage en Loki fighting in the front of the gates of hell. Just thought it was a nice detail.

For the rest, i can't wait to play again. A shame i have to wait for 2 days before i can play again :(

Is that just in cutscenes? In gameplay it just sets off her taunt.

No clue (I don't have the costume yet), I just recall someone asking about it earlier and someone suggested that and no one really corrected them so I just assumed it was correct. Is there no toggle switch on the GamePad screen?

Top Bottom