• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

Feindflug

The framerate is almost always in the 50s, if not 60. It looks fantastic.

B2's framerate isn't great though honestly, maybe even worse than W101's.

I finished chapter 5 yesterday and so far the frame-rate is definitely better than TW101's. Also the game is freakin' beautiful, the new lighting engine makes a big difference and the art direction overall is top-notch.

Game is amazing thus far.

Alrus

Is it me or Bayo 2 looks much brighter and colorful than the first one? I've played a bit of both (still not sure I'm going to go through the first one again), and the original looks kind of drab and faded in comparison.

Anyway, Bayo 2 is amazing so far, wish I had more time to play it. The intro and prologue had me smiling all the way :)

Okay, just finished first playthrough tonight.

First off, I'm a bit sad NOA didn't give us a box for the first game mostly because I am in love with that original Japanese box art that we never got over here. I suppose my US 360 version signed by Kamiya will have to do <3

All in all I didn't think the game was that sexual in the awkward way that everyone was worried about. Most of the ass and crotch shots were in the prologue and I actually felt like they were few and far between after that point. I noticed that if you really have a problem with it you can just put Bayo in another costume that is less revealing and then it will not come off during a summon. Problem fixed. Bai2u Polygon. Eat shit.

Framerate is fine. The area where it's the worst is the opening with the big pool of water and some parts near the Gate of Hell. When it mattered I felt like it was solid. Beautiful game!

The following are just various thoughts I had about the game that would be spoilers to anyone who hasn't finished it.

SPOILERS
Bayomecha was super fun to play. I had almost forgotten about it from the preview stuff until I got to that level. Sadly, I never did well on my combo scores with it.

Rodin is 9,999,999 halos!? WTF. I feel like he's as unattainable as Bayonetta is in The Wonderful 101. Anyone know what you have to do to unlock Balder / Lumen Sage? Is Loki playable also?

Revisiting the shopping trip at the end was really cute along with the playable credits. Smiles for miles at that. Last Wave from OutRun playing at the Congratulations screen! AHHH!

I didn't feel like that sweet mix of Moon River was used enough. NEED MORE MOON RIVER.

I felt like there were far less non-boss fights than there were in the original game. I was only playing on 2nd Climax so I'm hoping the amount of enemies or size of life bars for them will change on higher difficulties. I like that we have the witch trials at the end if you want non-stop fighting action.

I know the game still has a lot of stuff to do and unlock, but I was honestly surprised the story wrapped up so quickly after impressions were like "I thought the game ended like three times!" Last boss was cool, but after everything that came before I thought throwing a huge satellite at him was just "okay".

So anyway, very happy with the game and I think it stands alongside the original as one of my favorites. I hope a lot of new people get to enjoy it and I'm really excited to do more playthroughs of this and the original.

edit: Oh yeah, forgot. THANKS PLATINUM, NINTENDO and SEGA (I guess, give me my second wave of 3D Classics, ass-hats.)

Don't know if this has been posted yet. Dan playing Bayonetta 2 is just about the best thing ever.

38mPgWJ.gif

Dan has a really strange habit of cursing enemies with fuck yous as he kills them, I don't mind the words I just find it weird that he does this for every game he quick looks

xevis

Banned
I don't think my wrists are up to something like this...

Sold out in a few places in Sydney, the shipment must have been tiny, but there were a few copies in the CBD.

JB HiFi in Top Ryde still had 4-5 copies when I went earlier today.

The
Umbran Resting Place in Chapter XV is kicking my ass.
. Trying to use
Crow Within
to nab all the pieces but nailing that first jump up is the worst

My 2+1 edition arrived this morning.WTF im surprised.

I ordered on thursday night so it came by the slow mail only in 1 day, thats impressive. I didnt even know they worked on saturdays!

But... FUCKING GERMAN USKs!!!!!

EDIT
My Bayonetta 2 european game cames without a freaking manual, not even a Nintendo game typical panflet. Is that normal?
Same with Bayonetta 1. Thats low Nintendo.

Holy shit, Chapter VI's boss battle when
he cleaves the water and it just disappears!
Fuuuuuck, that was so cool.

Started on 3rd Climax and have been getting lots of Stone trophies, but I am totally okay with that. Too fun to get mad, and it just feels amazing when you finally win. Chapter IV totally wrecked me, too. Goddamn.

Is anyone getting audio sync issues on cutscenes in bayo 2?

I had one yesterday where the text was far ahead of the audio and the scene concluded before the audio ever caught up.

I just was playing the beginning of bayo 1 right now and the same audio sync happened where the text was far ahead and now the video on my tv has cut out twice while the game is still going on on the game pad.

Not sure what's going on.

taoofjord

I'm a massive fan of Platinum Games but my god is the presentation and story embarassing. I'm surprised more people aren't up in arms over the ridiculous stereotypes and sexism present here. Yes, it's intentionally cheesy, but it's done in a way that only makes things more offensive. Are people just holding this game to a different standard since it wasn't developed in the West? I don't see how this is getting a pass when so many tamer games aren't.

Has anyone bought this from game.co.uk? For £33 is Bayonetta 2 in that deal as well?

If I start Bayonetta 1, do I have the costumes or do I have to unlock them?

Has anyone purchased a Wii U just for this game? I am curious to see if this game alone will move systems. It's so incredible!!!!

Some people have repurchased refurbed Wii U for the game I'd say there'll be a bump in console sales but nothing spectacular. There again for a title and console like this every purchase is a good thing :)

I'm off up the Post Office now to pick up my redelivery. Can't wait :)

Okay, just finished first playthrough tonight.
SPOILERS QUESTIONS
Anyone know what you have to do to unlock Balder / Lumen Sage? Is Loki playable also?
SPOILERS ANSWERS
Balder in only playable in Tag Climax, you need to beat him when you randomly encounter him in this mode. No Loki is not playable, except for the short staircase run.

NEO0MJ

The wait for this to arrive is gonna be painful :(

Has anyone purchased a Wii U just for this game? I am curious to see if this game alone will move systems. It's so incredible!!!!

One of my friends is seriously considering buying a Wii U for this. He originally wanted to wait longer but this game is pushing him.

Guymelef

Cucurbitacée;135833416 said:
Are you replaying a chapter? If that's the case, that would be because your new score is below the previous one.

Replaying, but now always happens.
Maybe if you change weapons in the middle of a chapter other than the two presets?

I'm a massive fan of Platinum Games but my god is the presentation and story embarassing. I'm surprised more people aren't up in arms over the ridiculous stereotypes and sexism present here. Yes, it's intentionally cheesy, but it's done in a way that only makes things more offensive. Are people just holding this game to a different standard since it wasn't developed in the West? I don't see how this is getting a pass when so many tamer games aren't.
just lol

Akhe

ROLF

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
omf I just checked and I hadn't selected prime as shipping option...gonna be here on monday

fffffffffffffffff

Hopefully I'll have the game in a few hours. :)

You have to try harder, because i can point at least one here that has no FB account.

That would be me.

Heh, and here I thought I was the last person on Earth without FB.
(I'm probably the last person on Earth without a mobile phone, though).

Picked this up today. I missed the first one because it was on Xbox/PS3 and, well, I don't roll like that.

First impressions: I adore Bayonetta's character! Strong, sexy, sassy. I love the way she struts when she walks and I love the way she owns every conversation she's in. And that voice acting! So so good. The other characters I could do without, especially the potty-mouth gangster, but Bayonetta herself is just terrific. I'm likewise impressed with the combat system. This is my first "spectacle fighter"; actually my first brawler since, uh... Streets of Rage 2, I think. I love the structure of the chapters, the combos, the summons... oh my. I'm gushing.

tl;dr
Amazing. Just, amazing.

I can't imagine going straight from Streets of Rage 2 (amazing as that game is) to Bayonetta 2. Each of the steps from DMC1 to DMC3 to Bayo1 to TW101 have been mindblowing.

My WiiU just froze on the first chapter (2nd playthrough). Damn you Platinum this is the second time your games did this to me (W101). Still love you though

antitrop

Anyone know what the framerate is like on the Wii U version of Bayo 1? 60fps with drops or pretty solid? W101 is "60fps" but the framerate isn't anywhere near locked.

Same as 360, it's between 45-60, but rarely 60 in combat.

Better than Bayonetta 2, but not anywhere even close to "locked 60".

Koppai

alot of stores are either sold out of the game or didnt recieve there shipments its gonna be a fire emblem awakening situation all over again....
Dan because I didn't order because I didn't have money but I just got a job now and also have a gift card for Target. Didn't expect it to get a niche printing.

jorgejjvr

It's there an easier way to collect halos in bayo 1? I find that everything that Rodin sells too be too expensive lol. I'm also noticing witch time is harder to execute here, and there's some quick time events when they want you to press Y at an exact moment, it's unforgivable lol, died way too much because of that

Dan because I didn't order because I didn't have money but I just got a job now and also have a gift card for Target. Didn't expect it to get a niche printing.

yea nintendo has been weird this gen with both of there consoles when it comes to games i remember having to goto 8 different stores trying to find lego city undercover when it came out and had to end up getting it digitaly cause of low shipments.

kiryogi

Banned

#gamergate and sarkeesian are that way :points: buddy, wrong thread. And realistically no, there's no standard being held to it because it's a fucking fantastic game.

On a positive note, It's almost 7AM and I stayed up all night just to finish Bayo 2. Pretty goddamned fantastic
I liked how the story came full circle with Balder and all, but the final confrontations were not as epic as Bayo 1. God > > > Aesir. The story definitely took itself a lot more serious than Bayo 1 did too. Someone was sort of had it right that for most of the game, Bayonetta didn't have as much of a sense of humor. Although, I could understand that she was racing against time to save Jeanne. Also, there definitely seemed to be a lot less climax scenes. I guess you could only do so much with it, but it was often something I looked forward to after a major confrontation.

george_us

The framerate is almost always in the 50s, if not 60. It looks fantastic.

B2's framerate isn't great though honestly, maybe even worse than W101's.
No way B2's framerate is worse than 101. 101 spent at least half the game at 30 FPS while Bayo 2 feels like it holds 60 much, MUCH better than Bayo 1 on the 360 even with all the crazy shit happening.

Dr Dogg

Well just coming up for air after finally have the chance to crack this open. I've only finished the Opening, Prologue and Chapter I but wowzers. It's like everything I fondly remember about the first Bayonetta but more of it. Alright framerate was a little spotty around the open area in Chapter one but was peachy during combat and this certainly looks a step above the first and then some. Though there may be more Muspelheim's than the Alfhiem's from the first they seem an awful lot easier and I'm on 3rd Climax difficulty. Anyway mustn't grumble as I've barely scratched the surface.

antitrop

No way B2's framerate is worse than 101. 101 spent at least half the game at 30 FPS while Bayo 2 feels like it holds 60 much, MUCH better than Bayo 1 on the 360 even with all the crazy shit happening.

Digital Foundry's analysis suggests that Bayonetta 2's framerate is definitely MUCH better than TW101.

TW101 was like between 40-50, with frequent drops to 30.

Top Bottom