• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

N° 2048

Funny stuff, I'm so hyped for Bayo 2 but I am absolutely loving replaying Bayo 1. Left off at Chapter 4 last night. How can I not replay the first one? Runs SO much better than the PS3/360. Should be done Bayo 1 by Monday :)

iratA

Ummm.. so.. Best prologue to an action game ever?!

I think so! Starts with a hell of a bang. Visuals are crazy good in places but only half decent in a few spots. Finished Chapter 3 and I've already had a blast but I can't help shake the feeling that this game is only just starting to warm up with its awesome moments.

Based on what I've seen so far this is shaping up to be a very special game indeed.

Having a ton of fun so far with the first game, but I feel that the action moves so quickly for me that I usually just end up button mashing instead of employing specific combos. I can tell this game will have a ton of replay value for me since right now I'm getting mostly silvers, and that need to score platinums will keep me coming back.

Cheska

What abilities and accessories are you guys getting first? I have so much money from replaying chapters that I'm able to get quite a bit :p

What abilities and accessories are you guys getting first? I have so much money from replaying chapters that I'm able to get quite a bit :p

Bats Within > *

Besides that, afterburner kick and Shoryuken move for easy launchers during witch time, Moon of whatever the hell for Parrying, breakdance for lulz, Crow Within for instant teleportation to enemies and cutting down travel time

Skilletor

Six chapters in and this game is just a joy. The pace is amazing. Every stage introduces something new, the pace at which I'm unlocking weapons and moves is fantastic.

My game the year easily and I've got a ton of game left to play.

So. Fucking. Good.

How is the netcode on the multiplayer? Anybody messed with that yet?

Necrovex

Going to pick this up later today. This, Bayonetta I, and Xillia 2 may be my final console titles for a long while. Excited to play through Bayonetta in the definitive fashion!

Finished the story mode this morning. Just such a fantastic game overall, and I can tell that there's plenty more content to enjoy ahead.

Santar

Just finished the game at normal difficulty.
While it wasn't a bad game I am a little disappointed.
The game was too focused on epic set pieces and boss battles for me.
I miss fighting regular enemies as the ground pillar of the game with more epic moments and bosses to break it up here and there like in the first game.

It feels like it's been influenced by "the modern" era of game design, you even have ai partners and the game even has forced "walk slowly while hearing dialogue" sequences (though only a few) like in Gears.
You're even stuck with an ai partner when you
fight the end boss"
So overall I have to say I prefer the first game.

Neff

B2 Golems
are fucking evil, man. I love 'em. Makes its incarnation from the first game look like a straight up wimp.

This game is kicking my ass. Dying too much. I'm getting hit a lot. I'm trying to dodge as much as possible. What am I missing?

Consistent Witch Times, probably. Pay attention to visual/audio attack cues so you know when an attack is coming. Make sure you're doing lots of combos which contain Wicked Weaves.

Also, learn how to Dodge Offset, and buffer it into strategic dodges. It transforms your damage-dealing ability, and also keeps you safe. And it feels just amazing, too.

NotLiquid

After stepping into Fimbulventr for the first time in the game I'm really overcome with a sense of nostalgia for the architecture and artistic style of Bayonetta. I've really missed this, and the new setting is beautiful and has a vibrant style to it.

It feels so nice to play an entry in this series again. I've missed it so much.

Just got my copy in the mail!

3I2ZbcZ.jpg

The lord is good.

Cheska

This game is kicking my ass. Dying too much. I'm getting hit a lot. I'm trying to dodge as much as possible. What am I missing?

Have you tried switching up your weapons? Try using the sword, and you'll also end up unlocking the ability to buy the matching weapon for your feet. Also, watch the enemies, a lot of times they'll flash or there will be a brief pause which indicates you should get ready to dodge.

Just finished the game at normal difficulty.
While it wasn't a bad game I am a little disappointed.
The game was too focused on epic set pieces and boss battles for me.
I miss fighting regular enemies as the ground pillar of the game with more epic moments and bosses to break it up here and there like in the first game.

It feels like it's been influenced by "the modern" era of game design, you even have ai partners and the game even has forced "walk slowly while hearing dialogue" sequences (though only a few) like in Gears.
You're even stuck with an ai partner when you
fight the end boss"
So overall I have to say I prefer the first game.

I did hate those slow walking sequences too, thankfully there are mercifully few of them, I think maybe 2 or 3 in the whole game. I feel like the additional verses outside of the story offer quite a lot of the more traditional combat though if you were disappointed with the amount present in the story mode.

Atrarock

Did you grab the "Bat within"? It gives you an extra few frames of dodging.

Anyway, I didn't have much time to play it since my entire Friday was a mess, but at the very least I'm on Chapter 2 now that I have some free time. Great game so far.

I personally wonder how miiverse is handling this game.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
As expected the game rocks my world, although I might slightly prefer the first one by chapter 8.
Load times and invisible walls (!) really take me out of it at times.

They definitely up the spectacle from the last game, for better or worse.

The one thing I can say is definitely worse is all your AI buddies constantly telling you to come this way, hurry, where are you going, wrong way love, try to keep up lov-SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LET ME EXPLORE THE AREA. You wanna hide verses and broken heart pieces and shit around the game, don't chastise me constantly for looking for them. I remember Valve originally had Alyx in Half-Life 2 tell the player to hurry up a lot, which just caused players to hate her, so they removed that and the game was better for it. Somebody should have spoke up about that.

DedValve

Banned
Anyone got a similar situation as me? I have a 50 inch tv and just recently noticed (as in it just happened this wasn't like it before) that Bayonetta 2 doesn't cover the full screen. I see black border bars all around my screen as if the image shrunk and suddenly the resolution looks a bit worse too.

I resetted and same thing, when I go to the wiiu menu or press home button my entire tv is filled so it's this game. Options has no ability to stretch the screen and i KNOW it wasn't like this before. It literally just happened.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I hate the kid. Doesn't help that he has them Sonic shitty friends eyes.

Dr Dogg

The one thing I can say is definitely worse is all your AI buddies constantly telling you to come this way, hurry, where are you going, wrong way love, try to keep up lov-SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LET ME EXPLORE THE AREA.

Urgh ain't that the truth. And it's not just the constant pester syndrome but what they're saying over and over again ad nauseam. In the first two level's I has Loki wimpering for help and sounding like he was have a mental breakdown. Dude I'm checking this Umbra Witch Tomb and this Muspelheim first then I'll sort out your issues!

Strider

So the whole dodge offset thing was kinda awkward to me at first. Just out of habit I always tap the P or K I need for the combo but starting to adjust to holding it down with each press. Trying to get accustomed to letting a couple bullets fly before moving on to the next part of the combo. Getting better and my scores are getting much higher. Seeing youtube videos of amazingly high combos has me wanting to get really good at this game. looks too fucking cool.

mcmmaster

Finished the game, beat it on 3rd Climax in just under 10 hours. Sure was one helluva ride.

Only two things disappointed me,
the final boss wasn't as satisfying as I had hoped and Moon River only playing once during battles was sad. It made it even more sad hearing the battle themes from Bayonetta 1 play more than Moon River.

But other than that really enjoyed it, the boss fights in Chapter 11 & 12 were my highlights. Fighting
Alraune & Balder
was so hype. Now to wait for my Bayonetta 2 soundtrack copy to arrive, at least i'll be able to listen to
Moon River
as much as I want.

jorgejjvr

It's there an easier way to collect halos in bayo 1? I find that everything that Rodin sells too be too expensive lol. I'm also noticing witch time is harder to execute here, and there's some quick time events when they want you to press Y at an exact moment, it's unforgivable lol, died way too much because of that
This plz

Staf

Been trying to buy a Wii U all day. Been to about 5-6 different stores and they are all sold out. Now i am starting to get second thoughts if i really should buy a Wii U since i already have a PS4.

Air

Banned
I really want to buy this, but I don't have the money right now. Good luck platinum, hope this is successful.

Santar

I did hate those slow walking sequences too, thankfully there are mercifully few of them, I think maybe 2 or 3 in the whole game. I feel like the additional verses outside of the story offer quite a lot of the more traditional combat though if you were disappointed with the amount present in the story mode.

Yeah I just noticed that now, fun stuff!
Weird that they didn't just make it a new mode on the main menu.

Laconic

Banned
Yeah, you know it's bad when you're continuously pressing the wrong button when the prompt shows up for Torture Attacks. Every time I try to hit Y, I hit X instead, and jumping or moving the camera feels terrible.

It shouldn't be that hard to adjust to a new controller.

Eh, I figured by time I got to Chapter 4 of Bayo 1, I would have adapted, but it's still as cumbersome as when I started. I might as well start over, because my scores were so bad.

Lol.

Glad it is not just me.

This is the only thing I find even remotely negative about the game, though.

Subaru

Finished the game, beat it on 3rd Climax in just under 10 hours. Sure was one helluva ride.

Only two things disappointed me,
the final boss wasn't as satisfying as I had hoped and Moon River only playing once during battles was sad. It made it even more sad hearing the battle themes from Bayonetta 1 play more than Moon River.

But other than that really enjoyed it, the boss fights in Chapter 11 & 12 were my highlights. Fighting
Alraune & Balder
was so hype. Now to wait for my Bayonetta 2 soundtrack copy to arrive, at least i'll be able to listen to
Moon River
as much as I want.

I agree with you. I think that's the difference between Kamiya and others directors. He throw tons of stuff in the game but everything make sense in a way.
Fly me to the moon, for example, is the song that Rosa sang to Cereza. They could make Moon River be Jeanne's theme, I don't know.

I'm also disappointed that the game was too serious, even the taunts aren't funny as Bayo 1 taunts... I think they didn't go one step further with torture attacks either. I think they spent all Bayonetta good lines on the beginning =(

Don't get me wrong: the game is wonderful and have amazing gameplay, but doesn't have much personality like Bayo 1.

Platinum is awesome, but Kamiya makes everything much more special.

I told myself I'd play the first game again first, but I couldn't help myself, I started to play the second one. I just really, really wanted to play that chapter IV boss, it blew my mind in videos, and it blew my mind even more actually playing. Just absolutely glorious. Perfect unity of gameplay, presentation and music. Best boss battle ever. I love Bayo's combat system, so accessible and deep at the same time.

7threst

How is it possible people pushing the wrong buttons during torture attacks? The game shows you which button to press as the same layout on the controller :)

Top Bottom