• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

jorgejjvr

It's there an easier way to collect halos in bayo 1? I find that everything that Rodin sells too be too expensive lol. I'm also noticing witch time is harder to execute here, and there's some quick time events when they want you to press Y at an exact moment, it's unforgivable lol, died way too much because of that

Unit24

Was anybody else disappointed with
the penultimate levels? Going back in time was cool at first, but I don't like how long it lasted. It felt like too long a break from the main plot, and yeah, awesome stuff happened, but none of it felt like it meant anything. It started to feel like padding after a while. And that awesome robot didn't play any part in the final battle, which makes me sad.

NIN90

Any guides for the LPs yet? I'm missing 1/3 of the one that starts in chapter 8 (I got one piece in chapter 9). Google and Youtube come up empty.

Scoops

Banned
The one thing I don't like about this game is that it's almost too good.

8773_7468_622.jpeg

KHlover

Banned
Finished Bayonetta 1 a few hours ago and am now in Chapter 5 (I think) of Bayonetta 2. Serious GOTY contender.

Question: Is Difficulty 2 in Bayonetta equivalent to Normal in Bayonetta 1? Both games have three difficulties right from the start, but from the description of difficulties in Bayonetta 2 it sounded like 2 was equivalent to "Normal" in Bayo1 and 3 to "Hard" in Bayo1.

I finally was able to track down a copy. Now I can't decide if I should play Bayo 1 first or not. I only played it a little bit back on the 360.

Is Bayo 2 then 1 a viable option?

The department stores where I live seemed to have no idea the game existed and even at the gamestop I went to the guy working there told me it wasn't out but when I insisted he asked the manager and they had two copies left hidden away somewhere.

Really sucks to hear that. With incompetent stores like that. It's like they don't want the game to sell.
No wonder they only have two copies...

KHlover

Banned
I finally was able to track down a copy. Now I can't decide if I should play Bayo 1 first or not. I only played it a little bit back on the 360.

Is Bayo 2 then 1 a viable option?

It is, but I think you wouldn't like Bayonetta 1 as much if you play Bayo2 first. There's a few design decisions regarding QTEs (just as an example) which were already annoying in Bayonetta 1, but I imagine it would be even more annoying dealing with them after seeing them fixed in Bayonetta 2.

Laconic

Banned
It ain't the games fault when YOURE hitting the wrong buttons.

Lol.

Who said it was?

It might be contended, however, that the layout of the controller is not particularly ergonomically friendly.

Sure, adapting is the correct response when one is compelled by an excellent game, to use said controller.

But excluding the means by which a game can be controlled from one's opinion of said game, is to form a silly, badly conceived opinion.

Andrew.

Banned
Lol.

Who said it was?

You did.

Anti complained about hitting the wrong buttons and you agreed to having the same problem stating it was one minor negative about the game which is in essence blaming the game for some bullshit "negative" because you personally can't adjust to the controls. It's not a negative against the game if YOU can't adapt and in the end make button input mistakes.

This is a total old school BLAME THE PLAYER NOT THE GAME type of game that we need more of.

Just got home and it still hasn't arrived, if I purchase an eshop code from GAME online will I get the code immediately tonight?
Also will I still qualify for the cheaper download of Bayonetta 1 with the code?

Laconic

Banned
You did.

Anti complained about hitting the wrong buttons and you agreed to having the same problem stating it was one minor negative about the game which is in essence blaming the game for some bullshit "negative" because you personally can't adjust to the controls. It's not a negative against the game if YOU can't adapt and in the end make button input mistakes.

This is a total old school BLAME THE PLAYER NOT THE GAME type of game that we need more of.

Nope.

It is asserting that the button placement on the controller is ass.

Which it is.

Pure, unadulterated booty-butt.

Thanks for your posts, though.

Sometimes I feel like I'm far too gushing of a fanboy, for Nintendo.

You've given me perspective.

Was anybody else disappointed with
the penultimate levels? Going back in time was cool at first, but I don't like how long it lasted. It felt like too long a break from the main plot, and yeah, awesome stuff happened, but none of it felt like it meant anything. It started to feel like padding after a while. And that awesome robot didn't play any part in the final battle, which makes me sad.

A little. I'm a bit sad the final battle was actually quite low key compared to everything else.

I felt the game was a bit easier (2nd Climax) than the first game. Chalking most of it down to knowing what to do, versus Bayo1 which I was clueless with for ages! I recall getting a fair few Stone ranks in the first game. Here I received 1 Stone, 0 Bronze and the rest Silver and Golds.

Was also expecting a couple more chapters, but no bother as there's still enough awesome boss fights to get better grades in.

Will give Co-op a shot now.

Overall, a satisfying game, a satisfying sequel with some of the biggest and best fights to grace this genre of games, great soundtrack, ample length (replayability is going to easily go towards 50+ hours, I'm sure). Major bonus for no cheap QTE deaths like Bayo1!

Neff

Bayo 2 feels like it holds 60 much, MUCH better than Bayo 1 on the 360 even with all the crazy shit happening.

I don't think that's true at all. You only really get 60fps in Bayo 2 if you're fighting one enemy. You can get a comfortable 60fps on 360 Bayo 1 (haven't been all the way through Wii U Bayo 1 yet, although it holds up extremely well) with 3 or 4 enemies at once. It's clear that the sequel prioritises visuals over performance.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
The gamepad isn't good for this game at all for me.

I ordered a pro controller after playing the demo and it's alot easier for me to hold buttons for dodge offset.

Preference I guess but I hate the wii-u pad for this.

Squishy3

Curious to hear thoughts on the Strategy Guide. Does it also include Bayo 1 tips? Any good appendices or making of sections?
Didn't see anything about Bayo 1 in my quick flipthrough, but there's an interview with Hashimoto at the end. I'll really dig through it after I beat the game.

I ordered a pro controller after playing the demo and it's alot easier for me to hold buttons for dodge offset.

Preferences sure but I don't have any issues. I lean it on a pillow on my lap, that might help.

Mrbob

The Wii U Pad is OK, but I agree the Wii U Pro controller is great for this game. My preferred way to play it.

This game... I don't... well, yes I do. I do actually. It's a videogame and it's about the gameplay and fun of playing games. This game is why I play games. The story is amusing or whatever and the characters are okay, I don't mind the ridiculousness really, it's just that I love that everything about this is just so sure of itself. It's a "product" where the gameplay, art direction, music, and visuals just do whatever the fuck they want it to do and it simply works. I've already fought bosses that are more awesome, challenging, and "epic" in scale than most final bosses in other games wish they could be.

God bless Platinum for this game and especially Nintendo for making this happen. This is so awesome and exactly the fundamental reason why I keep championing and will always champion Nintendo for what they do. They understand that some of us still love great gameplay and game design and I'm so appreciative that whoever at Nintendo was like yeah let's get Bayonetta 2 happening had that mindset because this game is actually giving me everything I personally want out of videogames period.

Not to sound like a drama queen and yes I've had some alcohol, but I think it's a great thing to be able to make a post like this on GAF without it being about resolution or frame rate or all that gamer-gate bullshit or whatever. This game is great.

Subaru

You don't have to get every verse, but it helps. Here's how the scoring system works:

Pure Platinums: 5
Platinums: 4
Gold: 3
Silver: 2
Bronze: 1
Stone/skipped verse: 0

Say you got 3 verses like the prologue, get two platinums and one gold. That's 4 + 4 + 3 = 11. Divide by the number of possible verses, 11/3 = 3.67, that rounds up to a Platinum for the chapter.

As you can see, its possible to get Platinums by skipping verses, but its highly beneficial that you don't. Even getting a silver will net you two points, where skipping gives you nothing. Its like when your teacher says to turn in your half-assed homework anyway, "better than a zero".

As for items I used, Set A I had Sharuba(unlocked after beating the game and buying OG Bayonetta outfit) with dual swords on feet for all sword action, and Set B was dual Chainsaws on hands, whips on feet. Chainsaws are the real damage dealers, they eat up bosses and heavy enemies, especially when you hold the button down for each swing. For lighter enemies, this might kill them too fast, but for bosses? FUGETABOUIT! Spam the chainsaws, you'll get platinum combos like crazy.

When they're far away, you have a few options when your chainsaw doesn't reach. You can use Umbran Spear to teleport instantly to their location, only cause one magic ball. You can use the Panther mode to move quickly across distances. You can always use the pistol to fill in gaps in your combo meter so it doesn't drop. Also, in between enemies spawning, you can hold the taunt button down. As long as the taunt is going, the combo meter "drop rate"(about 3 seconds) will stop momentarily. Just make sure to cancel the dodge with a gunshot or whatever before the enemy sees it, Enraged Enemies are NOT something you wanna fuck with, lol.

When surrounded by lesser enemies, like the little flying fuckers, the whip is great for crowd control. The best combo, when whips are on feet, is KKK-pause-K, this will do a wide-ranging horizontal Wicked Weave that sucks up just about everybody in the area and can get you a lot of points very quickly. You can also use the normal KKKK combo for a vertical Wicked Weave if you're focusing on one person at a distance the chainsaws can't reach immediately.

Umbran Climax is really fuckin' powerful. You can hold everybody in place with them, especially with the chainsaws. Dodge, abuse witch time, and as soon as you come out of witch time hit the Umbran Climax for maximum hitstun time. Hold the chainsaws in-between each hit for maximum damage. Chainsaws don't have Wicked Weaves, but the fourth hit/finisher will send them flying a bit so prepare to panther/umbran spear back to their position. You can also turn off Umbran Climax in the middle of its duration, say when you only have one enemy left and you're not worried about getting hit, or you put a boss in a traditional dizzy state and you don't wont to waste it. You can build up magic meter in earlier encounters, plan ahead a bit, then use it for troublesome areas. You can max the magic out to 3 bars, so you could potentially be heading into boss encounters with 3 full Umbran Climaxes, makes encounters a lot more managable.

Finally, items. Controversial change in that they allow you to use items now, the only punishment is you don't get the +5000 "No Items' bonus at the end of the chapter, oh noes. Now personally, I swore off from using them, but I can see how they could help. Red might fuck you up score wise on anything that isn't bosses, and green won't make your damage for the verse go back down. However, keeping in mind how useful Umbran Climax is, having a purple that can fill it right back up? Very powerful tool. And the yellow stops damage from happening entirely, so there's that, too.

Wow, wasn't expecting a so good answer, thank you very much! =D
I need to buy OG Bayonetta outfit asap...
Thank you for the tips! =D

hal9001

Banned
qtmXq.gif

Are you fucking kidding me? That prologue was absolutely amazing and probably one of the best I've ever seen. After waiting so long for the sequel I had my worries that it would not match the standards of the first but that doubt has been completely decimated now.

Dr Dogg

Are you fucking kidding me? That prologue was absolutely amazing and probably one of the best I've ever seen. After waiting so long for the sequel I had my worries that it would not match the standards of the first but that doubt has been completely decimated now.

I'm still debating what got me more pumped for the rest of the game, The Wonderful 101's opening or Bayonetta 2's. Both are bonkers though.

KHlover

Banned
Finished Bayonetta 1 a few hours ago and am now in Chapter 5 (I think) of Bayonetta 2. Serious GOTY contender.

Question: Is Difficulty 2 in Bayonetta equivalent to Normal in Bayonetta 1? Both games have three difficulties right from the start, but from the description of difficulties in Bayonetta 2 it sounded like 2 was equivalent to "Normal" in Bayo1 and 3 to "Hard" in Bayo1.

Anyone?

KHlover

Banned
I'd recommend starting on 3rd Climax. They all have the same enemies, its not like a typical Kamiya game where Hard remixes them and they're way faster or whatever.

Will I unlock the next difficulty if I stick to 2nd Climax now? Oh well, always can treat this one as a training playthrough and just take everything to 3rd climax once I'm finished. Too invested in the story to replay the last 3h of progress :p

Neff

Is it just my imagination or has the Witch Time window for a Mahaa-Kalaa parry been significantly reduced over B1? I seem to remember it lasted a lot longer than a normal Witch Time dodge in the first game, which B2'S Mahaa-Kalaa parry seems about the same as, which kind of defeats the best reason to attempt them.

ShinMaruku

Holy fuck this game, only get to mess with it in select areas but whoever gets this game is in for a treat. Probably my game of the year.

KHlover

Banned
Is it just my imagination or has the Witch Time window for a Mahaa-Kalaa parry been significantly reduced over B1? I seem to remember it lasted a lot longer than a normal Witch Time dodge in the first game, which B2'S Mahaa-Kalaa parry seems about the same as, which kind of defeats the best reason to attempt them.

Well you still have the advantage of stick-mashing invincibility, which is pretty good in itself XD

69wpm

I don't think that's true at all. You only really get 60fps in Bayo 2 if you're fighting one enemy. You can get a comfortable 60fps on 360 Bayo 1 (haven't been all the way through Wii U Bayo 1 yet, although it holds up extremely well) with 3 or 4 enemies at once. It's clear that the sequel prioritises visuals over performance.

I don't know if it's just me, but after I finished Bayo1 a few hours ago I dove into 2 and find it more fluid and responsive. I noticed it the first time I used the camera to look around. Maybe it's just my imagination, or the controls are just tighter. I feel much more in control and dodging is easier, too.

Kouriozan

I don't know if it's just me, but after I finished Bayo1 a few hours ago I dove into 2 and find it more fluid and responsive. I noticed it the first time I used the camera to look around. Maybe it's just my imagination, or the controls are just tighter. I feel much more in control and dodging is easier, too.
Same for me but my impressions are from the demo, still finishing Bayonetta 1's story currently.

Naar

Any way to download from the E shop directly to the external HDD? I went through settings and didnt see anything for it

I really dont know how you play this with the gamepad. My hand cramps up so much, I can never seem to dodge in time and the buttons hurt my fingers if I dodge offset too much.

I honestly thought I was just out of practise but I went back to the PS3 version of Bayo 1 and Im doing fine even with GoD equipped on NSIC.

As far as im concerned I havent even started playing the game yet. My pro commander cant come fast enough. Roll on monday.

Top Bottom