• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

Naar

If thou have external hdd that's where it goes automatically

But it didnt. Thats why im asking if there is an option in the settings or something. When i purchased it, it went to my Wii U's HDD and then i had to transfer it to the external HDD (the external was plugged in at the time of purchase)

imae

I don't know if it's just me, but after I finished Bayo1 a few hours ago I dove into 2 and find it more fluid and responsive. I noticed it the first time I used the camera to look around. Maybe it's just my imagination, or the controls are just tighter. I feel much more in control and dodging is easier, too.

Yep, same. I played through bayo 1 again before starting 2, and everything feels far more fluid in the sequel. Bayo 2 seems to handle frame drops much better than the first game. In bayo 1 the action is slowed down but in 2, the pace never feels like it drops.

Delt31

Just got it and yes it's INSANE but I just feel like I'm mashing buttons and moving on. Things are so nuts, I feel like it's not very skillful (besides dodging) Any suggestions b/c I must be missing something here. Thanks guys

Cuburt

I've played the prologue a ton of times on the demo and then now after playing the game and I'm still impressed by how the Gomorrah fight can feel a little different every time like I'm fighting just an actual giant enemy.

Maybe it's like that in other games but I just haven't replayed a boss like that to be able to notice that, but I just noticed because sometimes bosses have such big attacks that are like automatic hits if you don't dodge but here, Bayonetta can reposition herself to just not be in the line of fire or attack different parts of the body which create different hazards.

It may be a little thing but it's details like that that can break up what otherwise could feel like repetition and make replaying a boss an actual joy for me.

Monocle

So... I've finished chapter 11 and I feel like I can already say Bayonetta 2 blows the original completely out of the water. The variety and pacing and art design and everything else (even the plot and storytelling!) are a clear step up. Or more like a giant leap. So far there hasn't been a single chapter I wouldn't want to replay many times. I can't say that for Bayonetta 1, brilliant as it is. There's an incredible richness of imagination on display here, and it's so well grounded in the fundamentals of great game design.

One of the few weak points in Bayonetta 1 (and a much bigger problem in The Wonderful 101) is how it occasionally wanders from its place of strength, namely combat, without solid gameplay mechanics to pave the way. You see this most of all in the awkward and overlong vehicle segments. Platforming, puzzle solving, and unforgiving QTEs bring their own share of frustrations as well. In Bayonetta 2, Platinum addressed all of these issues by making the gameplay as good as every concept. There are still heaps of wacky and inventive scenarios, and plenty of things to do outside of battle; the difference is they all play very well. I can't think of one time I was frustrated by any of the new stuff this game threw at me. It's polished and balanced to perfection, challenging in only the right ways.

I really can't overstate how impressed I am with this game. It started with the best action title of last gen as a foundation and built upward. Bayonetta 2 exceeds the original with so many grand and subtle improvements that it makes Bayonetta 1 look like a prototype, or maybe an earlier evolutionary stage. My expectations for Bayonetta 2 couldn't have been higher going in, and somehow the game surpassed them. Thanks Platinum.

kick51

Banned
Just finished chapter 1...can't wait till this first playthrough is over so I can stop wasting time looking for stuff and get that quick cut scene skip.

Just finished chapter 1...can't wait till this first playthrough is over so I can stop wasting time looking for stuff and get that quick cut scene skip.

I had more fun on my second playthrough than I did the first. Less looking for shit, less pretending to care about this story, better weapons, better grades.

Can't find anyone to tag climax with. :(

image.php

Had to. XD

robotrock

Banned
So how does saving work in Bayonetta 2? Can I play halfway through a chapter, turn off my Wii U, and then return where I left off? Or would it put me at the start of the chapter?

Lazulic

Just encountered the "ask your mom" taunt. That's amazing.

Might actually get the soundtrack for this game as well, it kicks serious ass.

What are some uses for the bow, I dont seem to do well with it. What other weapon should go with it? what are some good weapon combos early on? I have the flame and ice guns too, I still do best with the two first weapons.

Jezan

Having a ton of fun so far with the first game, but I feel that the action moves so quickly for me that I usually just end up button mashing instead of employing specific combos. I can tell this game will have a ton of replay value for me since right now I'm getting mostly silvers, and that need to score platinums will keep me coming back.
This!

I try to keep my cool and do combos, but then I start panicking of leaving enemies a chance to hit me and I start pressing random punch-kick combinations. And forget to offset -_-

But Pure Platinum will be mine!

antitrop

It ain't the games fault when YOURE hitting the wrong buttons.

You're right, it's the controller's.

I figured it out last night, though. As I posted in the other thread, the Pro Controller feels better if you put your right thumb on the buttons horizontally instead of diagonally (diagonal feels more natural, though).

jmizzal

Oh crap Amazon said I wouldnt get my copy of Bayo 2 until Monday, guess what the mail man just delivered lol

Now I can play it all weekend

antitrop

How is it possible people pushing the wrong buttons during torture attacks? The game shows you which button to press as the same layout on the controller :)

The spacing of the buttons is further apart on the WiiU Pro Controller than an Xbox or a Dualshock, so it feels strange to people that are only used to those.

It's not about knowing which button is which, it's about fighting years and years of muscle memory. There's nothing really "wrong" with the controller, it's just a personal preference thing.

It would be more comfortable if the Y and B buttons were actually a little bit closer to the X and A buttons.

It's fine, though, I just have to hold it in a position that feels slightly unnatural and it works just fine. I've made a bigger deal out of it than it really is.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Played to the end of chapter four, the last fight... sogud.gif

played off-tv for a bit too, the pro controller is definitely better, but it was ok.

Just played through chapter 1 on 3rd climax. No deaths, golds so far on prologue and ch 1. Didn't play the demo. Hope the game gets more challenging!
I know it will haha

Neff

I don't know if it's just me, but after I finished Bayo1 a few hours ago I dove into 2 and find it more fluid and responsive. I noticed it the first time I used the camera to look around. Maybe it's just my imagination, or the controls are just tighter. I feel much more in control and dodging is easier, too.

I'm nearing the end of Bayo 2 now, and I definitely feel like Bayo 1 is the more methodical, technical game. With Bayo 2 I just stay on the move with Dodge Offset, throw out WWs and try not to get hit. With Bayo 1, I feel like my choices are more relevant, and my reactions more cause-and effect. I've had the feeling from early on in Bayo 2 that the first game is superior, and that almost certainly isn't going to change now, despite a strong endgame on B2's part.. Bayo 2 is great, and it's a minor miracle that we have it, but I can't help but feel that it not only fails to build upon the superb original, but throws away a substantial percentage of what it could have been.

That's the Kamiya difference though, I guess.

Hope the game gets more challenging!
I know it will haha

It doesn't start to show its fangs until around
chapter 10
or so imo. I think I only died once before then. The enemies encountered around that point represent a huge spike though.

Monocle

Tip for people with control issues because of the button placement: keep your thumb in the center of the diamond created by the button layout. That way you'll always know exactly where a face button is before you press it. Going from the 360 controller to the Wii U pro controller messed me up a lot until I did this. Now it's not really a problem unless I take my thumb fully away from the face buttons. My muscle memory can still throw me off.

Haha yeah, I was surprised how much I enjoyed the segments where I wasn't controlling pure Bayonetta. The action just never stopped.
Yeah, usually I don't like segments like that, but Bayonetta 2 got them right.

so i bought super mirror 64 2 ...how do I equip it???
Chapter select -> menu -> character options. (I'm guessing, since I haven't bought any costumes yet.)

Astral Dog

The still-frame cutscenes are like the complete opposite in excitement level of the actual gameplay itself. If the gameplay is at a 10, the cutscenes are at like, a 2.

Some people like them, but I do think the majority consider them as a strong negative.

Whereas the cutscenes in Metal Gear Rising intensified the action and raised the stakes, it seems like Bayonetta's are always bringing it down.

This is an old comment, but, i disagree the cutscenes are "like a 2," the cutscenes in Bayonetta 2 look very nice and have action and personality, the major downside are the cut frames, but they at least are slighty better and less frecuent than Bayonetta 1 and are used for budget reasons.

Coda

I really dont know how you play this with the gamepad. My hand cramps up so much, I can never seem to dodge in time and the buttons hurt my fingers if I dodge offset too much.

I honestly thought I was just out of practise but I went back to the PS3 version of Bayo 1 and Im doing fine even with GoD equipped on NSIC.

As far as im concerned I havent even started playing the game yet. My pro commander cant come fast enough. Roll on monday.

My hands still cramp the fuck up doing dodge offset all the time on the Pro Controller after a couple hours of playing, but it's certainly as comfy as it's gonna get. You're not supposed to be comfy when playing Bayonetta 2. At least so far it's been one hell of an exhilarating thrill ride.

antitrop

This is an old comment, but, i disagree the cutscenes are "like a 2," the cutscenes in Bayonetta 2 look very nice and have action and personality, the major downside are the cut frames, but they at least are slighty better and less frecuent than Bayonetta 1 and are used for budget reasons.

Yeah, 2 was over-exaggerating. They're not that bad, and I was only talking about Bayo 1 (as I hadn't even played 2 yet when I posted that), but Bayonetta 2's cutscenes are more interesting than the first one, for sure. Except for Loki.

I'm a bit disappointed some of the tag climax characters can't be used in story mode. I understand why completely, but it's always unfortunate when a unique moveset is locked to a specific mode in a game like this.

so how to unlock
balder and rodin
?

To get Balder you have to play Tag Climax and beat the random verse card with Bayonetta and Jeanne. After you beat that you'll start to encounter a random verse card with Rosa and Balder. Beat that to unlock him. I don't have Rodin but I believe you have to beat a random verse card to unlock him as well

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I really dont know how you play this with the gamepad. My hand cramps up so much, I can never seem to dodge in time and the buttons hurt my fingers if I dodge offset too much.

I honestly thought I was just out of practise but I went back to the PS3 version of Bayo 1 and Im doing fine even with GoD equipped on NSIC.

As far as im concerned I havent even started playing the game yet. My pro commander cant come fast enough. Roll on monday.

Yeah same. Playing on the pad on the demo and I thought my timing was bad or got worse playing on the pad

but nah I just switched to Pro and timing is fine.

The shoulder buttons really make all the difference in this game I feel. I had no problems with the pad for 101, but I'm using the Pro exclusively for bayonetta

Top Bottom