• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

Zomba13

Getting really pissed off trying to find a MP match. NOBODY ever accepts partner requests.

I don't accept them because I just wanna farm Haloes and it's easier to go against the CPU than a real person. Wish I could just pick an option that doesn't put me up for matchmaking.

Zomba13

Thanks. Didn't realize people were doing this. Might have to start farming myself haha.

There are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many costumes and stuff to buy. It's legit ridiculous. Need them dolla dolla bills Halos.

Coda

Just finished my first playthrough on normal. I missed about half of the weapons I could've gotten. I need to go back and find the missing LPs.

It's funny how I thought I was always exploring and going off the beaten path but still the game has plenty of secrets for me to discover. I certainly enjoyed the depth of the level design in Bayonetta 2. Things felt much more open.

Monocle

Uh, wow. I just finished the game and I can't believe how utterly great the final chapter and ending were. I love this game and its world so much. Absolutely love them.

Whoever said the final boss was a letdown...? No, just no. Sheer scale doesn't make for a better fight. What a beautifully designed, ridiculously fun cap to a consistently impressive and rewarding game. I feel incredibly grateful toward Nintendo and Platinum right now. I can't imagine what could possibly top this experience in the current generation. Bloody well done.

As a black guy I personally like Platinum's trend of putting brown kids in their games :3

And after George nothing can get to me. I like Loki so far

Outside the bad voice acting and "try to keep up"(which is a game design thing, not a character thing) I don't really see why people despise him at all.

Coda

4 chapters in, and it's 1am right now. Can I beat this game by 10am?

If you keep playing and are good then totally. It was a bit shorter than I expected honestly. But I wanted my first playthrough to be rather stressless so I played on Normal first. Going to tackle 3rd Climax next. :)

Mesoian

Uh, wow. I just finished the game and I can't believe how utterly great the final chapter and ending were. I love this game and its world so much. Absolutely love them.

Whoever said the final boss was a letdown...? No, just no. Sheer scale doesn't make for a better fight. What a beautifully designed, ridiculously fun cap to a consistently impressive and rewarding game. I feel incredibly grateful toward Nintendo and Platinum right now. I can't imagine what could possibly top this experience in the current generation. Bloody well done.

While I don't think the ending is disappointing, it's certainly not of the same bombast as other Platinum titles.

4 chapters in, and it's 1am right now. Can I beat this game by 10am?

Yes.

robotrock

Banned
If you keep playing and are good then totally. It was a bit shorter than I expected honestly. But I wanted my first playthrough to be rather stressless so I played on Normal first. Going to tackle 3rd Climax next. :)

Think it's easier than the first game? I played the first game on normal and had some difficulty, and I'm playing this game on 2nd Climax and am flying through it. I don't know if the game is easier or if I just became a Bayonetta pro after mastering the first game.

Man the graphics and performance between both games is a much bigger leap than I ever imagined. 2 is much more smoother than 1 and everything just feels responsive. I'm actually getting my ass handed to me because I'm too used to the first game. So much value for 60 dollars.

Zomba13

I hate hate HATE the aerial fights. They add nothing to the game gameplay wise and are honestly too long and at times boring.

Game's Pure Platinum other than that, though.

I dislike them because I get disorientated. Like, when you are on the ground you know if you are in a jump or where you are in the arena, in an aerial fight it's hard to know when you've landed or where the boundaries are. They look hella cool though.

Astral Dog

The funny thing is running past Loki in panther form and then he yells "HEY! WAIT UP!"

tumblr_inline_naj1382iqY1r8l1kg.jpg

https://platinumgames.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/sakabe_1_1.jpg

Sayter

Bayonetta 2 is to the WiiU what RE4 was to the GCN in terms of quality.

dani_dc

On chapter 3 and I'm already thinking "Why do I bother with human relations? Why don't I simply play this game instead from now on?"

Astral Dog

Think it's easier than the first game? I played the first game on normal and had some difficulty, and I'm playing this game on 2nd Climax and am flying through it. I don't know if the game is easier or if I just became a Bayonetta pro after mastering the first game.

Bayonetta 2 is much easier than 1 on 2nd Climax, yes.

Dear god, no more air and water fights please

Why is so much of this game under water??

Noatun, capital city of Water :p

Kolma

Played Original on 360
On Chapter 11 been playing on 3rd Climax.
Really glad I didn't play on 2nd Climax cause it's not terribly challenging. (dying a good number of times though)

Still, absolutely LOVING this game.
Can't wait to see sales for this game (shame it's hard to find for others)

Just played until stage 2 and everything feels so masterfully assembled. Even the demo section still felt fresh. I honestly can't believe that I'm finally playing Bayonetta 2.

kick51

Banned
Uo to ch.9 on 3rd climax. Wish i didnt have shit to do tomorrow so i could play through the night

Aside from a bit too much air + water stuff and the brat telling you to hurry up, love all of it.

It doesn't feel like a huge leap from the first, more like everything is fine tuned. I'll have to see what the unlockables situation is like. The co-op missions are already a huge extra.

I should have played on 3rd Climax because 2nd Climax is super easy. I just beat the game for the first time, and the lowest score I got was a silver for the prologue and one of the early chapters. I even got a few platinums! Fun as all hell, though.

Jezan

you shouldn't be getting hit!

is there a way to cheese those damn shield horses besides umbran climax
I want to know this too. They always cancel my combos.

BTW is the Chernobog overpowered? Most people online use it.

Also, playing online I and my partner got a"secret" verse. It was against
Rodin
and we died too fast:(

I should have played on 3rd Climax because 2nd Climax is super easy. I just beat the game for the first time, and the lowest score I got was a silver for the prologue and one of the early chapters. I even got a few platinums! Fun as all hell, though.

I started playing on 3rd climax and I just finished Ch. 1. Except for one tough enemy fight
the first time you fight the enemy with the double swords. Figuring out his attack patterns was rough.
The game definitely has the right balance of difficulty. Not too hard, but I'm not exactly finishing chapters with gold or higher scores.

Top Bottom