• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

kick51

Banned
Im dying quite a bit on 3rd climax. but I sure hope this isn't considered hard mode, with only one more difficulty after.

Ending Spoilers
I didn't expect the game to top W101 in terms of insanity, but I at least expected it to top Bayo 1 (which I know is still a tall order). The final boss also isn't nearly as memorable as someone like Armstrong. It kind of sucks for Platinum to have to have all their games compared to their other awesome games. Everything was fantastic though, think the only major thing I have left to do in 3rd Climax is finishing the final Lost Chapter, which is quite a tough one.

aborath

Neo Member
Im dying quite a bit on 3rd climax. but I sure hope this isn't considered hard mode, with only one more difficulty after.

That's basically it. I started on 3rd Climax and got mostly stone rewards on the chapters, though that was due more to not finding encounters than me sucking--at least for a while.

JayEH

Every cutscene so far:

Loki: Blah Blah Blah, love.
Bayonetta: Blah Blah Blah, little one.

repeat and repeat and repeat...

omg all these references

shall i say diplomacy has failed then?

Think I caught a Game of Thrones reference in Chapter 9. "The world is dark and full of terrors." lol

kiryogi

Banned
Ending Spoilers
I didn't expect the game to top W101 in terms of insanity, but I at least expected it to top Bayo 1 (which I know is still a tall order). The final boss also isn't nearly as memorable as someone like Armstrong. It kind of sucks for Platinum to have to have all their games compared to their other awesome games. Everything was fantastic though, think the only major thing I have left to do in 3rd Climax is finishing the final Lost Chapter, which is quite a tough one.

Yeah, it's disappointing that Jubelius > > > Aesir. D: Flinging her into the Sun was something more insane than just sending Aesir into a Wicked Weave for a snack

omg all these references

shall i say diplomacy has failed then?

I lol-ed IRL for real. XD <3 W101

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Finished.

Awesome game.

End boss looked like something out of
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

My timing must be really off with witch time. I don't remember the first one being this difficult!

Fun game though. I already like it better than the first game and I'm only on chapter 3.

Much more variety and fresh and colorful.

Neff

Ending Spoilers

They definitely put all of their 'jaw-dropping series of escalating holy shit omg endboss wow events' manpower into W101 instead of this game.

A bit surprising and disappointing when you remember Kamiya's quote about the two teams constantly attempting to outdo each other on the boss front.

Personally I don't think B2 has one boss as memorable as those in Bayo 1 or W101 or even MGR. The Prologue is probably as close as it gets.

So I played Bayonetta on 360, got to the last boss and couldn't beat it before I got a ps4, now I started on 1st climax thinking it would be a bit easier...holy moly it is soooooooo easy. I made a huge mistake. What do you guys recommend 2nd or 3rd for someone like me?

I don't know about everyone else but I'd love to see Bayo 1 and 2 get combined somehow and give you the full weapon/item/ability/accessory arsenal from both games. I know it'll never happen but it'd be so awesome to have all of the weapons from both games at your disposal through both campaigns.

Yeah. I really dont like like any of of the new weapons as much as Durga and Sai fung.

Least you get shurba at some point.

Seik

Banned
I love this animation when she opens new areas, I thought she was going to stick with the kisses at first. :p

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01o7pnu.jpg

I don't know about everyone else but I'd love to see Bayo 1 and 2 get combined somehow and give you the full weapon/item/ability/accessory arsenal from both games. I know it'll never happen but it'd be so awesome to have all of the weapons from both games at your disposal through both campaigns.

I've really been wanting them to get combined because of how bayonetta 2 ends

kiryogi

Banned
Gotta say regarding the final chapters.

Disappointed during the Vigrid Assault how you faced basically almost every single angel except for Joy. Triple Joys were a handful back in Bayo 1, then again, Grace and Glory were nowhere as lethal as they were formerly, so maybe not

mrmickfran

People who didn't play the first game are gonna be sooo lost during chapters XIII-XV.

One of my favorite parts of the game for sure.

Zocano

Just finished Chapter 3 but the game shipped in late today so I didn't get much time to play so I have to go to sleep. Really want to play more.

I'm playing on 3rd Climax and it's starting to get to the point where I'm not getting consistent gold. I got a stone award for Chapter 3 cause the tells on the dragon doods took a lot to learn ): Died twice.

How many more difficulties are there past 3rd Climax? I am really hoping there are 2 but I read there is only one more a page or so back. Is this true? 3rd Climax feels like a good step up from the "normal" from Bayonetta but not quite as grueling as Hard. I would like a similar curve where the next step is the actual "hard" and then Non-stop Infinite Climax for the insane. But I fear that is not the case.

Just finished Chapter 3 but the game shipped in late today so I didn't get much time to play so I have to go to sleep. Really want to play more.

I'm playing on 3rd Climax and it's starting to get to the point where I'm not getting consistent gold. I got a stone award for Chapter 3 cause the tells on the dragon doods took a lot to learn ): Died twice.

How many more difficulties are there past 3rd Climax? I am really hoping there are 2 but I read there is only one more a page or so back. Is this true? 3rd Climax feels like a good step up from the "normal" from Bayonetta but not quite as grueling as Hard. I would like a similar curve where the next step is the actual "hard" and then Non-stop Infinite Climax for the insane. But I fear that is not the case.

Infinite Climax is the only difficulty beyond 3rd Climax

And now that more people are starting to finish, here's a quick overview on how to unlock the characters:
Jeanne: Beat the game (I don't know if difficulty matters)
Rosa: Beat the game on 3rd Climax

To get Balder and Rodin, you have to beat several random verse cards in Tag Climax. Every time you play there's a chance one of these cards will pop up. So the first one is against Bayonetta and Jeanne, the second is against Balder and Rosa (unlocks Balder), and the third is against Rodin (unlocks Rodin). You have to beat the random verse card and I believe survive the rest of the verses in the session to unlock your character.

Danielsan

Got the game yesterday and played up to chapter 9 today. Sad to say, but right now this game isn't anywhere close to being my GOTY. The combat is still great of course, but I find the level design to mostly be awful, and it;s bleeding into the combat encounters. I seriously hope they didn't put more water levels into this game...

The story is of course abyssal nonsense, with a fun cut-scene here and there, but just like the first game it actually hurts my enjoyment of the game overall. At least with the games such as DMC1 or DMC3 I actually got excited whenever a new cutscene popped up.

Great game non the less and I'll gladly keep playing for the combat and all the unlockables.

Got the game yesterday and played up to chapter 9 today. Sad to say, but right now this game isn't anywhere close to being my GOTY. The combat is still great of course, but I find the level design to mostly be awful, and it;s bleeding into the combat encounters. I seriously hope they didn't put more water levels into this game...

The story is of course abyssal nonsense, with a fun cut-scene here and there, but just like the first game it actually hurts my enjoyment of the game overall. At least with the games such as DMC1 or DMC3 I actually got excited whenever a new cutscene popped up.

Great game non the less and I'll gladly keep playing for the combat and all the unlockables.

That's kinda of crazy since they did a amazing job in MGSR, probably had the best cut scenes ever in a action game and it was done by platinum.

Did all the witch trials first time till V, was disappointed but V more then makes up for the slow start
Edit: That last 3/4 of hp bar is sounding very nice right now

Have you played the first one??

Yep. Hence me saying "just like the first game".

Okay, just curious haha, i've noticed alot of people that have played the original, are enjoying this more because of what i assumed were tempered expectations, not saying you can't like the game! i was just wondering!, and i actually didnt see the "just like the first game" line in your post haha

The second boss fight in chapter 7 was so intense, I thought they couldn't top chapter 4 but they did. The first fight in that chapter was amazing, too, though I prefer the 1 vs 1 fights against humanoid enemies.

I like that they kept the "motherhood theme" or whatever you want to call it from the first game, first with Cereza and now with Loki. It makes the character more human, she's like that tough guy who has a soft side, which he hides in public. Now they just need Luka to play the daddy and the family is complete again.

So, you get excited for corny shit like this but Bayonetta's story and cutscenes are "abyssal" in comparison? Lol, I can't.

Did all the witch trials first time till V, was disappointed but V more then makes up for the slow start
Edit: That last 3/4 of hp bar is sounding very nice right now

how? which character or weapon set-up do you recommend? i'm stuck in the third trial?

also does anyone knows how to unlock verse cards 9, 35, 48?

also
aside from rodin, are there any more hidden verse cards?

TEJ

LOVE the online multiplayer

It's super polished and a ton of fun. After going through a playthrough or two i'll stick around for the online.

Linkyn

Ok, before I potentially waste more time, are the Journal's Echoes listed in the order you can get them in? If not, I can stop searching around and move on.

Never mind that, I just got my answer.

mandas

Neo Member
This is the first game I have enjoyed in quite some time. I am finding it easier than I expected on my first play through . I don't know if it actually is or I just know what to expect. Still, the replayability is there along with the harder levels. I say good job P Games.

Jintor

Yeah the level design seems to have really taken a noticable dive... I mean, not necessarily in terms of art direction and the like, just kinda like how cool the environments are. Underwater sections really suck. I'm also beginning to become kind of 'eh' on the Flying Bayo sections because I can't Crow Spear and stuff like that :T

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
The cutscenes feel so much more distracting than last time. It might just be me. They're so long and frequent, Ive started skipping them. Shame. :(

T.O.P

Banned
I'm dying to play this

God fuckin damnit lol

They should've released Bayo 1 a week before, now i'll have to wait next weekend to start the new one :( (and SO is releasing on Friday, oh boy)

Jintor

It's just Loki who pisses me off. I think I know who the Sage is, I want to know the Prophet's deal, Bayo and Jeanne and Rodin and even Luka are cool cats, but Loki... man, Loki. You better have some payoff, kid.

Anyway, what does the bow's poison thingy effect actually do? I kinda wish I had a C set to equip the bow too, but it'd probably be kind of confusing mid-battle.

They definitely put all of their 'jaw-dropping series of escalating holy shit omg endboss wow events' manpower into W101 instead of this game.

A bit surprising and disappointing when you remember Kamiya's quote about the two teams constantly attempting to outdo each other on the boss front.

Personally I don't think B2 has one boss as memorable as those in Bayo 1 or W101 or even MGR. The Prologue is probably as close as it gets.

Opposite for me. I barely remember the bosses in W101. Will need to be something ace to beat Chapter IV in this.

Yeah the level design seems to have really taken a noticable dive... I mean, not necessarily in terms of art direction and the like, just kinda like how cool the environments are. Underwater sections really suck. I'm also beginning to become kind of 'eh' on the Flying Bayo sections because I can't Crow Spear and stuff like that :T

Yeah, I feel there are too many underwater and flying segments in this.

kick51

Banned
That's basically it. I started on 3rd Climax and got mostly stone rewards on the chapters, though that was due more to not finding encounters than me sucking--at least for a while.

hmmm

between that, the water/air fights, and the weapons not being as cool, it's starting to feel like more of a lateral move from bayo 1. Which is still a top tier game, but I feel the hype got out of hand.

The cutscenes feel so much more distracting than last time. It might just be me. They're so long and frequent, Ive started skipping them. Shame. :(

and this too. I'm not even watching them, but I have to skip them every 5 seconds. and at the store, both entering and leaving.

Seik

Banned
Just reached chapter XII, I got up for no reason in the middle of the night at 3AM and played until 5AM yesterday...or more like this morning.. D:

I'm not hearing the Moon River remix as much as I expected, they're using Tomorrow is Mine for all the battles and only used Moon River for the intro, I thought it would be the contrary.

LOVE the online multiplayer

It's super polished and a ton of fun. After going through a playthrough or two i'll stick around for the online.

Can't pronounce myself on this, I wasted 15 minutes trying to play with people that never responded, except one the refused after 40 seconds of waiting. :(

jorgejjvr

Any tips on doing better on bayo 1? I've been getting stones for awhile, I find the chapters are very long and I can't sustain my life for too long, even having some healing items. I also find witch time hard to perform, I die quite a bit, and I don't find that enemies drop life items often. Any tips? Help?

Top Bottom