• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

Hugstable

Banned
Hey which difficulty in this game is the equivalent to Normal in Bayo 1? I just played through the first game and normal was the 3rd difficulty choice and the highest you can play on a first run, while there was also a very easy. Is it the same here and 1st and 2nd Climax are easy and very easy while 3rd Climax is Normal? Or is it now a 1st=easy 2nd=normal and 3rd=hard?

Hey which difficulty in this game is the equivalent to Normal in Bayo 1? I just played through the first game and normal was the 3rd difficulty choice and the highest you can play on a first run, while there was also a very easy. Is it the same here and 1st and 2nd Climax are easy and very easy while 3rd Climax is Normal? Or is it now a 1st=easy 2nd=normal and 3rd=hard?

3rd Climax is the game's normal mode. In general with Platinum you usually want to select the highest difficulty that's available from the start.

3rd Climax is the game's normal mode. In general with Platinum you usually want to select the highest difficulty that's available from the start.

I'm halfway through Bayonetta 2 (3rd Climax) and there were some fights that were harder than anything in Bayonetta 1 (Normal), imo. I replayed Bayonetta 1 only 2 weeks before playing Bayonetta 2 now (360 version).
Also, I wouldn't recommend starting on the highest available difficulty to everyone. The games are more challenging than your average game, especially if you're not very familiar with the genre.

Unit24

I believe 2nd Climax is Normal mode.

Zomba13

How are people grinding for halos this time around? i'm just practicing witch trial V and getting decent halo's

Tag Climax with a CPU or Chapter 14 with the thing that makes the guys angry and occasional use of midas bells. Can get a lot that way (like 600K + a run and takes like 6-7 mins each)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Might as well ask here.

So my brother owns the Wii U and linked his account there. Same with I. Will I be legible for DDP when I buy Bayonetta 2 through the eShop? I made my account in 3DS.

Read this guide on gamefaqs for farming halos.
Spoiler-tagging just in case.
Chapter XIV (mechs): Use Jeanne, have the bracelet of time and gaze of despair. Just activate witch time before each enemy then mash punch, punch, punch (hold). Pop a midas touch every now and then(enemies drop halos when you hit them). At the very least you'll take in 600k-700k a run, millions once you get the hang of it. It's a short and easy stage which is also a plus.

Bleah, I've got a bunch of chapters I'll have to replay to get a BoT. Those missing verses are a killer.

Thanks for passing that along. It really does go by fast. You can do the level between 6 to 7 minutes on average. It will be a while before I can complete the platinum ticket though.

Might as well ask here.

So my brother owns the Wii U and linked his account there. Same with I. Will I be legible for DDP when I buy Bayonetta 2 through the eShop? I made my account in 3DS.

that is a strange experiment It should be tied to who every registered the game on club nintendo is my guess

mrmickfran

It's crazy how there's no FAQ for this game yet. I don't even know what I'm supposed to unlock, and there's no way that I'm buying the guide.

KooopaKid

Banned
I feel like when you start saying "The game developers were lazy because they didn't think of this idea I had" and don't consider that, maybe, they have had that idea and deemed it bad, you've lost a lot of perspective.

Not my ideas in particular but anything new really. Bayonetta 2 doesn't introduce any meaningful new mechanics.

Someone wanted color coded enemies on Bayo. Like DmC enemies you only can kill with Light weapons and some just with Dark weapons. It was terrible on DmC limiting the combat and it would suck too on Bayo.

Not color coded, Angels and Demons that's it. Needing to hit the two clans equally to preserve a kind of balance to the world, would have been interesting IMO and not a headache. No need for weapon switching.

I couldn't tell if he was purposefully mentioning an idea that appeared in DmC in order to get a rise out of people, or if he really just wanted P* to implement his bad ideas.
And, I mean, anyone could tell you why his other idea of implementing the Nemesis system was a horrible one. These suggestions are too bad to be genuine.

lol I was just throwing some ideas around that's it. Other than sheer spectacle, Bayonetta 2 plays it a bit too safe for me.
It's still a 5/5 game.

The game is seriously dragged down by its gimmicks. If someone genuinely loves all of the segments that have nothing to do with the core combat system, they are very lucky.

It's not so much that I think every single little thing about the game is perfect, it's that I find most things about it so overwhelmingly perfect that I have a hard time caring about some of the loose screws. Could I do without some of the quick-time stuff and mini-games? Sure, but in the grand scheme of things, for me, they were so minor and quick that they didn't even really register to me. That being said I can see how they would throw some people off or even be a slight annoyance, but not to the point where they stop playing the game. I think people give up on shit far too easy nowadays. I had a friend who bought it and bitched about how terrible it was against my claims of it being my game of the year, and when I finally went to his place to see what he was stuck at, it was that part where you go into the stadium on the gamepad and he wasn't sure what to do, so he quit and deemed it awful.

I mean, Jesus fucking Christ.

What the hell. Just finished the game on Infinite Climax and
received no unlocks whatsoever.

I'm honestly really disappointed in the post-game content this time around... Bayonetta 1 had so much more to offer when it comes to that. Thought maybe I just need some friends to play Tag Climax with, since that mode does seem very fun and challenging.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I'm just marveling going through this game of how much more colorful and brighter it is than Bayo 1..it makes a huge world of difference.

I also like how the camera is much closer to bayonetta, it gives you the feel like your in much more control of the character, being able to see the attacks of enemies easier

I'm honestly really disappointed in the post-game content this time around... Bayonetta 1 had so much more to offer when it comes to that. Thought maybe I just need some friends to play Tag Climax with, since that mode does seem very fun and challenging.
check your weapons, i think a certain gun came from it

Nice to see the game's pacing evened out a bit with chapters VIII and IX. As awesome as the game was to this point, I did start getting a little worried that the levels would be little more than stitching connecting the game's cutscenes and fuckawesome set pieces together. But no, this two seemed to go back to Bayo 1 chapter pacing, which was a nice breather from the craziness that were chapters III-VII.

yeah I finished it

my gamepad charger wire broke so ran dead during play had to just my Pro to finish awesome

the end was not as epic as Bayo1 and W101 but still amazing

still do not understand how
they can keep fighting after the eye powers are taken or how they can defeat a God who created the world they are in

loved the crazy anyway

Yeah, I'm hearing that Tag Climax can give some real challenges, especially on higher difficulties. There's also a new boss that you can only fight in Tag Climax, which I believe is
Labolas, aka Bayo's new dog demon

Fandangox

It's not so much that I think every single little thing about the game is perfect, it's that I find most things about it so overwhelmingly perfect that I have a hard time caring about some of the loose screws. Could I do without some of the quick-time stuff and mini-games? Sure, but in the grand scheme of things, for me, they were so minor and quick that they didn't even really register to me. That being said I can see how they would throw some people off or even be a slight annoyance, but not to the point where they stop playing the game. I think people give up on shit far too easy nowadays. I had a friend who bought it and bitched about how terrible it was against my claims of it being my game of the year, and when I finally went to his place to see what he was stuck at, it was that part where you go into the stadium on the gamepad and he wasn't sure what to do, so he quit and deemed it awful.

I mean, Jesus fucking Christ.

I think the bolded is more or less how I feel about it, although I'd disagree that w101's gimmick sections were brief, while I loved some of them like Operation 7-B and the
Punch Out fights
for example, I found most of them to be very long, like that 6-B section, or that other Vehicle section at operation 9.

I love the game, I think for me its a situation similar to Xenoblade/Last Story where I agree that the former (in this case Bayonetta 2) is a better game, but the later appeals a lot more to me and I like it more.

Either way I may create a topic for this, been wanting to since this started being discussed here, but haven't seen phone shenanigans, will probably do it later today when I am on break.

69wpm

ojv6MHD.png

What do you guys think, is that face a reference to something?

Nope, nothing new there. If you're referring to
Scarborough Fair
you get those by purchasing the Bayo 1 costume.
well atleast we got an cheevo which unlocks stuff later. But yea if you want more challenge witch trial 5 and 3star tag climax are great i'm amazed by the extra content, but do wish i didnt feel forced to do it with ai

I appreciate how focused The Wonderful 101 is on being the most all encompassing arcade-action spectacular ever created. When I see people criticizing the genre shifts because "it takes away from the combat" I feel like they're looking at TW101 in the wrong way. It's not the same kind of game as Bayonetta, DMC, Ninja Gaiden, etc. The Wonderful 101 is everything in that package: The ground combat, the shump sections, the punchout sections, the massive QTEs...all of it. Basic combat is more of a bridge that serves to get you to, well, other bridges. The concept of "the set piece" is the meat of The Wonderful 101.

I think W101's problem is that it is a game more built around variety more than fundamentals, and yet your performance in nearly all stages hinges on how well you can perform the fundamentals. The game really isn't unfocused, the pacing just doesn't gel in a satisfying way with the content unless you are playing at a high level. The overall effect is like an RTS, where the fundamental central combat of the game is actually a meta, and the actual content of the game feels like a parallel, almost disconnected entity. Couple that with the game asking a lot from someone (like myself) with the hand-eye coordination of... someone who mostly plays RPGs, and you have a game that's paced like a shooter that essentially asks you to learn a fighting game from scratch first.

I really like the game and appreciate it's ambition, I just ended up stopping halfway because I got burnt out trying to get my basic performance up.

http://i.imgur.com/ojv6MHD.png[IMG]

What do you guys think, is that face a reference to something?[/QUOTE]

That's either a warped image of Kamiya sticking his tongue out, or his pet cat

Seik

Banned
The moment I saw I unlocked the Star Mercenary costume, yesterday, I rushed at the
last chapter.

It felt soooooo good, you can charge laser, throw bombs, barrel roll, holy shit!
:O

Ah I thought it will only consider account made on the Deluxe Wii U. Then again my brother also made his account in the 3DS.

well the money goes to the DDP account but since the game is digital anyway the credit goes to who ever downloaded it from the eShop that is why I said Club Nintendo

who ever the eShop account is tied to ClubN gets the DDP

you can't play Bayo on 3DS so it should not matter where the account was created it only matters that you have a WiiU and paid for something on eShop then go to the DDP website the code should be waiting a few hours later

if you have 2 users on the WiiU sign in using your account and use that to download and see if you still get the DDP is the experiment I guess since that WiiU would have 2 accounts tied to it is should still give you DDP

Just finished Chapter 2 of Bayo 2 after catching up on Bayo 1 for the past few days, and my initial impression is that I'm in love with everything and life is incredible. They've fixed my minor problems with the first game, namely the insta-death QTEs and the dearth of healing items between fights (I can't count how many fights I started by immediately dying because I was running on fumes from the last one), and everything's just so gorgeous. I feel like the combos flow better in 2, though maybe it's just because I finally got on top of my Dodge Offset game right at the end of 1 and I'm spittin' hot fire.

The only thing I don't like so far is Loki's horrific accent. The guy can't hold it steady for a single sentence, and I always find bad accents so distracting. I mean, how does the voice director not hear that and immediately say, "Nope, that's awful, get out, let's find an actual English person"?

explodet

I'm playing on Second Climax so I can experience the game and not have to stare at the game over screen half the time. It's no wonder this was game rated so highly - this difficulty level somehow ramped down the frustration factor but kept the sense of skill intact - if that makes any damn sense. Sure I'm flying through the game, but the ride itself is awesome.

Hope to finish the game tonight.

And how about that Chapter 10, verse 13?
DAMN.

kick51

Banned

People are beating 2nd Climax without dying first time through, so 3rd Climax is Bayo 1's normal.

Loki has no Charm at all they should have gone with another little girl she does not have to call her mommy but you can get far cuter than Loki

I did not hate him, it is just I did not care for him - shit even Luka was better

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Loki has no Charm at all they should have gone with another little girl she does not have to call her mommy but you can get far cuter than Loki

I did not hate him, it is just I did not care for him - shit even Luka was better

Just keep him in squirrel form and put subs to his Squirrel talk and boom same dialogue and all is better.

Speaking of Wonderful 101:

Its a very special game, it has some truly brillant ideas, gigantic bosses, great sequences its,innovative. i even loved the story and characters.

I understand when someone says its as good as Bayonetta,or even Platinums best game,however to me the ingredients never come together,the constant QTE, minigames, drawn out Big Bosses with gimimicky sections,bad framerate(worst performing "60fps" Platinum game) weird Gamepad sections, but the controls themselves i struggled the most, it was quite the experience while it lasted, but i cant replay the game anymore, they are too tedious and the game is just not fun.
I get why most people are going to prefer the pure spectacle and diversity that the Wonderful 101 offers though.

Bayonetta 2 (and other P games) is a much more focused game, and i think that makes it far better.in the end.

And as someone who prefers TW101 to Bayonetta, of course I can understand those that prefer the Bayo games. It pretty much has the best core mechanics in an action game ever, and rarely strays from what it does best. It's focused as hell, and there is nothing interrupting you from the gameplay, as you can easily skip story scenes.

But yeah, TW101 just vibed with me in a way that games rarely do. While I find Bayonetta's story, world, lore, characters, etc. very interesting, TW101 was one of the most engaging stories I've ever experienced in a game. It was hilarious, clever, and epic, and as others have said, it felt like you were watching a really great cartoon from your childhood. Then there's the fact at how damn huge the game is... Pick any two of Platinum's games and TW101 is probably longer (Hell, it's probably longer than MadWorld + Metal Gear Rising + Vanquish). And then the variety... I loved pretty much everything in the game outside of the Vorkken fights and the sections where you only played as a single hero. It is undoubtably the biggest, most varied pure action game of all time.

In the end it just comes down to preference. I actually think in terms of pure gameplay, Vanquish is my favorite P+ game, but it's awful story and characters bring the overall package down a bit. But yeah, I'm just thankful Platinum does what they do and we can all enjoy their games.

Dunno if it's been posted yet, but I just found out how to trigger the "Ask Your Mom" taunt. Just hold down on the dpad for a little bit and she'll do it.

Neff

I just finished a 2nd run of Bayonetta 2. No NG+, I started a new file on 2nd Climax.

Definitely enjoyed it more with tempered expectations and foreknowledge of enemies/weapons. It's a really, really solid action game, and there's some great scenes and encounters, but the first title's brilliance still easily eclipses the sequel imo.

Also I tried the recommended quick cutscene skip which apparently only works after the game is beaten, but it still doesn't work. Anyone?

Top Bottom