• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

I just finished a 2nd run of Bayonetta 2. No NG+, I started a new file on 2nd Climax.

Definitely enjoyed it more with tempered expectations and foreknowledge of enemies/weapons. It's a really, really solid action game, and there's some great scenes and encounters, but the first title's brilliance still easily eclipses the sequel imo.

Also I tried the recommended quick cutscene skip which apparently only works after the game is beaten, but it still doesn't work. Anyone?

You have to be on NG+ to use it, new files don't count

Conezays

Finished both Bayonettas back to back over the past few days.

While the graphics and mechanics are improved in 2, overall I think I preferred 1's levels and story. The dialogue and plot felt more light-hearted and in keeping with the tone of the characters/world IMO.

Bayonetta 2 is fairly serious, and subsequently, more boring for doing so. Making most of the plot about
Loki
was a misfire for me. That being said, don't get me wrong, both games feature amazing gameplay and setpieces. Both worth playing, but I personally preferred the lighter tone in 1.

Astral Dog

Loki has no Charm at all they should have gone with another little girl she does not have to call her mommy but you can get far cuter than Loki

I did not hate him, it is just I did not care for him - shit even Luka was better
lol, Loki was supposed to be a little girl but Kamiya changed it because it would had been too similar to the first game.
I dont hate him, well he can be annoying but his dialogue with Bayonetta can be fun, im fond of his stupid song,cards and hair,plus he turns into a squirrel.

Finished the first game earlier tonight and started playing the second one, up to the end of the first chapter.

Holy shit it's been awesome so far. The prologue was great (my first time playing it as there's no demo on Japanese Wii Us) and Chapter One is beautiful. Loki's VA is a tad distracting, but the character's alright so far. Otherwise it's been an absolute treat.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I find it cute that when Loki's in squirrel form, he rides ontop of bayonetta when she transforms into a snake.

Andrew.

Banned
Chainsaws on the feet + whip in hand (A)
Swords on the feet + chainsaw in hand (B)

Game fuckin over. So overpowered. It's GRAND.

lol, Loki was supposed to be a little girl but Kamiya changed it because it would had been too similar to the first game.
I dont hate him, well he can be annoying but his dialogue with Bayonetta can be fun.plus he turns into a squirrel.

I understand the too similar part but it would have worked much better besides we already have a cycle theme going this is an example of not doubting your first idea

a child Goddess would have been cooler Bayonetta fighting another badass woman just works so well

Loki just did not get me to care enough for him again Luka worked better

the again maybe it was just the words he used just fell flat

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Squirrel mode did nothing for this guy lol but your idea is very Japanese anime but not P*'s style

still anyone else want Bayonetta 3 in 2016?
and some DLC to hold us over

At least his accent wont bother people
KuGsj.gif

^ this game is too good we had to find someone to hate he should have been a silent bomb like Wonder Black

Once you beat 3rd Climax you can play as her in Tag Climax and the Story.

no short cuts like going to the last chapter? :) sound like a brutal grind ahead of me

just when I was thinking I might finally download Hyrule Warriors lol

K' Dash

Guys I need a few tips for chapter 6, I'm trying to get a Platinum or Pure Platinum, He can't touch me, but I can't seem to kill the fucker fast enough, or land the necessary combos, he moves A LOT.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Rnr1224

I am still on Bayo 1 but how is the online in Bayo 2?

The system is a little weird as you have to wait for people to accept your join request. something most people don't seem to do. But you can always play with a CPU until you someone requests to join you. Once you are with someone though, I haven't had a single issue. Gameplay is smooth and no disconnections either.

Exile20

The system is a little weird as you have to wait for people to accept your join request. something most people don't seem to do. But you can always play with a CPU until you someone requests to join you. Once you are with someone though, I haven't had a single issue. Gameplay is smooth and no disconnections either.

Thanks for the response.
Is there a lot of replay value?
It would not be smart to play Bayo 2 for the multiplayer until I am done with Bayo 1 so I can move on to Bayo2.

Seik

Banned
Thanks for the response.
Is there a lot of replay value?
It would not be smart to play Bayo 2 for the multiplayer until I am done with Bayo 1 so I can move on to Bayo2.

It's fucking great, they slammed something like 52+ verses (with 4 levels of difficulty each) for online with all kinds of enemies, bosses, and challenges.

It's really more complete than I expected.

Well I mean, you're probably never going to run out of challenges in this game. You can run the 3 Star highest difficulty verses in co-op with Gaze of Despair equipped. I don't even want to imagine that, uuuuuuugh.

^^-- Because of the Kilgore glitch? :V

Started up Bayonetta 1 for the first time yesterday. Amazing. How the fuck did I miss this before? Really enjoying it.

Same here ... wow. I must admit I am enjoying this much more that W101. I found W101 a bit too complex whereas Bayonetta1 ( I assume 2 is even more amazing ) seems to allow for more natural exploration of the different abilities.

Also this amazing female lead kicks everyone ass. All WiiU owners need to play this game(s). The demo at least!

Hopefully sales are good ...

Sales would be better if you could buy it easily in the UK. Would have made an impulse buy today but Asda doesn't even sell any Wii U stuff at all anymore. Basically the Wii U is a no go for impulse buys all together for me as a result.

mf luder

Just started and got the swords (rashaka I think there called), is there any point to having them on hands and feet or should I always have some guns?

vermadas

If anyone has a Meijer, a copy of their print ad, and a store nearby like Target that price-matches...

Meijer already corrected the price mistake online and sent out a note to stores about it, but Target was willing to PM it with just having a copy of the ad. My local Best Buy has a tendency to sometimes call stores to verify stock for price matches so I didn't want to take the chance there. Not sure if this would stack with the GCU deal or not...

Anyway. Super excited for this!

Dreavus

How does the scoring work in Tag climax? At first I thought it was just your general medal score, but then I noticed a separate score below each player's health bar during the fight (Which does not seem to go down if you get hit)

I am frequently losing to the CPU on fairly easy cards, and almost never win against another player D:

Dreavus

The music is unexpected and amazing. I'm enjoying the fact there's no real focus on puzzles like the original DmC.

I replayed chapter three and was still floored by the whole sequence the second time through, especially the music. I can't remember if that song pops up again but it is amazing.

I can't find Verse 11 in Chapter 1. Does anyone know where it is?

Which Verse is 10?

Well in any case, the secret verses(outside of Muspelheims) are in the cathedral where Bayonetta and Loki make their deal(you have to go back after the verse with the fire elemental miniboss) and in the river just before the final verse of the chapter.

Top Bottom