• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

Neff

Question about parries, when can I input parries? Usually I try them when my character is in neutral, but can I do them while I'm attacking or during taunting?

Firstly, in case you didn't know, you need to buy and equip Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa.

You can do a parry at any time. It's very flexible. You can even delay button presses slightly to buffer stick movements to your advantage to get blocks during combos if you're not comfortable with straight up parries, and it cancels out of almost everything if you parry. Like MGR, if you perform it loosely around an enemy's attack, it'll come out as a block. If you do it at the moment of attack, you'll deliver an instant counterattack and trigger a free Witch Time.

It's not as strong a tool as it was in the first game, which would decrease a huge amount of energy from your opponent and give you a longer Witch Time to follow up an attack, and was the only way of slowing non-Witch Time-able enemies (which B2 doesn't have afaik). Since the damage and WT duration is more or less the same as regular attacks and dodges in B2, it's probably just easier (and safer) to stick with those. You'll still get the ability to block from Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa, but regular dodge WT is still the better option imo, particularly when B2's enemies are so aggressive. Enemy block stun is still quite good though, so give it a try and see what you think.

Just finished on 3rd Climax. It was really fun. I'd put it on par with the first game, though both are behind Vanquish and TW101. I feel like it was a bit shorter than the first game though, but maybe it's just my imagination (it's certainly easier though).

How many lost chapters are there? I can't get past the Masked Lumen in the second one. Maybe I'll lower the difficulty and just dominate everything.

Gambit

Just finished 2nd Climax. I was awesome.

Then I jumped into Tag Climax and found a friend of mine online. We had a blast together, although I was not very good (to be fair I experimented with a new weapon combination and you cannot change it during a Tag Climax. At least that's my excuse).

Anyway, wonderful, wonderful game. I think I like it more than Bayo 1, but I will withhold my verdict till I have played the Non-PS3 version

Zocano

I'm sad that 3rd Climax is a bit too easy. I wish there was something that bridged 3rd Climax and Nonstop Infinite Climax because it feels like it's missing a difficulty.

"Hard" from Bayonetta was perfect in difficulty and a great bridge into NSIC.

Pappasman

I've never really got into a character action game in the way I have with this series. Random question: is there a commonly accepted "best" weapon set up in bayo 1 or 2(so far)?

Ninja Dom

I think its better to have em on disc. Takes too much space and while sure you get better loading in the end its not that bad loading from disc. (Practice while loading helps while you wait anyway)

Yeah, I'll get the disc. My internet isn't too fast and downloading all 25GB will take me all day, if not longer.

Astral Dog

I'm sad that 3rd Climax is a bit too easy. I wish there was something that bridged 3rd Climax and Nonstop Infinite Climax because it feels like it's missing a difficulty.

Are you collecting heart pieces?Also, use the bracalet of despair.

I've beaten Bayonetta 1 and 3rd Climax was kicking my ass so bad that I had to drop down to 2. Are you using items and such? I tend to hardly use them at all.

Seems like a pretty decent difficulty to me.

Zocano

Are you collecting heart pieces?Also, use the bracalet of despair.

Gaze of Despair was the first accessory I bought. I'm missing a few heart pieces but I'm nearly done as far as collectibles.

I've beaten Bayonetta 1 and 3rd Climax was kicking my ass so bad that I had to drop down to 2. Are you using items and such? I tend to hardly use them at all.

Seems like a pretty decent difficulty to me.

I've never used items in a platinum game.

Except the yellow lollipop for Gracious and Glorious on NSIC. Too hard for me ):

____

I dunno. Maybe it's just because I've gotten better at the game since I first played Bayonetta 1 on Hard but I feel like I'm missing that specific difficulty where it's hard but not NSIC hard.

Allegrian

Banned
¿Haw can I wear a normal costume (no Nintendo) in Bayonetta 1? I've bought the magic mirror and some costumes but in the "change costume" menu I can only choose Nintendo costumes :/

Rhapsody

Banned
Firstly, in case you didn't know, you need to buy and equip Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa.

You can do a parry at any time. It's very flexible. You can even delay button presses slightly to buffer stick movements to your advantage to get blocks during combos if you're not comfortable with straight up parries, and it cancels out of almost everything if you parry. Like MGR, if you perform it loosely around an enemy's attack, it'll come out as a block. If you do it at the moment of attack, you'll deliver an instant counterattack and trigger a free Witch Time.

It's not as strong a tool as it was in the first game, which would decrease a huge amount of energy from your opponent and give you a longer Witch Time to follow up an attack, and was the only way of slowing non-Witch Time-able enemies (which B2 doesn't have afaik). Since the damage and WT duration is more or less the same as regular attacks and dodges in B2, it's probably just easier (and safer) to stick with those. You'll still get the ability to block from Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa, but regular dodge WT is still the better option imo, particularly when B2's enemies are so aggressive. Enemy block stun is still quite good though, so give it a try and see what you think.
Thanks, I appreciate the post. And yeah, I have the accessory equipped and messed with parries here and there, but not too much yet. I never used parries in the first game, so when I replay it, I'll try using it more there where its useful.

Astral Dog

Gaze of Despair was the first accessory I bought. I'm missing a few heart pieces but I'm nearly done as far as collectibles.

I've never used items in a platinum game.

Except the yellow lollipop for Gracious and Glorious on NSIC. Too hard for me ):

____

I dunno. Maybe it's just because I've gotten better at the game since I first played Bayonetta 1 on Hard but I feel like I'm missing that specific difficulty where it's hard but not NSIC hard.
The heart pieces are given like candy, if i could i reduce my life bar. dont collect them

Looks good but your outfit is horrible. ;)
No way. That dress is all class! I love it. Though Jeanne's dress > Bayo's dress by about a thousand ">"s.

Also, here's the stream of my Tag Climax battles with fellow GAFfer Tyrant. It was a lot of fun. We did so many three-stars and actually won quite a few (but then would lose the set, haha). I was so surprised. http://www.twitch.tv/dragonlife29/b/582880956 Three-star fights are so amazing.

No way. That dress is all class! I love it. Though Jeanne's dress > Bayo's dress by about a thousand ">"s.

Also, here's the stream of my Tag Climax battles with fellow GAFfer Tyrant. It was a lot of fun. We did so many three-stars and actually won quite a few (but then would lose the set, haha). I was so surprised. http://www.twitch.tv/dragonlife29/b/582880956 Three-star fights are so amazing.

Yeah, sweet jebus. Those 3 Star fights are completely insane. I might have to reconsider my opinions about the post-game in Bayo 2. I doubt I'll be getting tired of this any time soon.

jacobeid

Banned
Finally finished up Bayo 1 today and got to play up through the end of chapter 1 of Bayo 2. Chapter 1 felt significantly longer than most of the levels in Bayo 1. Should I expect that amount of depth with each level?

The game is incredible by the way.

Bombless

Finished 3rd Climax. Sadly I had to leave for work the very minute afterwards so I didn't get to try the new goodie. Time to focus on co-op the next few days and get some halos!

Consistently getting to verse 5 in witch trial V now. Verse 5 spoilers ahead
I wish it was balder and aesir i am way more comfortable with his moves then the masked lumen

Ein Bear

Just finished re-playing the original, and rolled straight into the first few hours of Bayo 2. Holy shit at the upgrade. Everything is so much faster and better looking. I really wasn't expecting such a drastic difference, am being blown away.

Bayo's voice sounds slightly... off, though. Is it the same VA doing it?

After struggling some yesterday and a power outage screwing me out of one of my attempts, I beat witch verse 4 on my first try today. I was doing it to get the verse card so I don't really care much for verse 5.

TAG CLIMAX 'TIL I DIE NOW

SerodD

Did someone buy the download version from game uk? Do I still get to buy Bayo 1 for 9.99€ if I use a download code on the eshop instead of buying it directly from there?

Danielsan

Man, around Chapter X this game decided to step it up and go from pretty good to full on awesome. Just finished chapter XIII, which was a blast. Especially as someone who has played Bayonetta 1 when it came out.
I got straight up murdered on Chapter X on third climax though.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Just finished re-playing the original, and rolled straight into the first few hours of Bayo 2. Holy shit at the upgrade. Everything is so much faster and better looking. I really wasn't expecting such a drastic difference, am being blown away.

Bayo's voice sounds slightly... off, though. Is it the same VA doing it?

Same VA. I think the way Bayo talks in 2 shows she maybe ain't that cheeky thanks to the current situation she is dealing with.

Top Bottom