• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

In other news, I don't get what's so wrong about the story. At all. Loki is... annoying but makes sense. Not a single plot hole, fits perfectly onto the first story and it's about time travel. So... yeah.

Bombless

oKAY. okay. no. I can't. I cannot.

I've had to pause the game in the middle of this Chapter 4 fight.

I'm almost to the point of tearing up at how unbelievably good this is. The fucking epic music, the amazing shit that is happening on screen, the satisfying difficulty and combat, and now
they let me take control of Madame Butterfly
. I literally had to pause the game and put my head in my hands and catch my breath.

This is what video games are about. This moment right here. The fact that I can interact with a piece of entertainment like this.

what the FUCK people

Exactly this.

Seik

Banned
That was really fun, dragonlife, though I'm sorry if I played it safe during instant verses and in the end.

I'm still at farming for Halos and unlocking these verses. :p

Monocle

I play like that. I really hate that some enemies were unpredictable to me. I usually wait for them to attack but I usually get hit since my reaction is poor. One of the enemy I hated with passion in the first Bayonetta was
Grace and Glory which they reappeared in the second game.
Yeah, you can get away with attacking like crazy and dodging on reaction against some enemies, especially when you have Bat Within, but there comes a point where you have to learn what the faster ones can do in a given state at a given range. If you want to earn the highest rankings, at least.

I'm almost to the point of tearing up at how unbelievably good this is. The fucking epic music, the amazing shit that is happening on screen, the satisfying difficulty and combat, and now
. I literally had to pause the game and put my head in my hands and catch my breath.

This is what video games are about. This moment right here. The fact that I can interact with a piece of entertainment like this.

what the FUCK people
Right? I hope you're ready for more.

I can't seem to get the Rodin verse card. It's getting kinda annoying.
I think it can show up when you're playing with a CPU (I got another random card that way), so try halo farming for a while and see what happens.

Seik

Banned
GGs, Seik. I'm done for now. Good sets!

Here's the stream archive if you're curious: http://www.twitch.tv/dragonlife29/b/582999641

If it lags, just let it buffer. Should smooth out.

And no worries, though I did hope you'd do some three-stars when you would go to them. "Do it!" I would say.

Hahaha all good, next time I'll take three stars more often. Need to have more self-confidence with the three stars fights.

Thanks for the stream link, btw, I didn't know you were recording these. :D (EDIT: Dat 36:15 fight)

And yeah, Rodin ain't fucking around. o_O

Rnr1224

I still have yet to fight him ;_;

The RNG doesn't like me.

trying to get
Balder
in Tag Climax was annoying for me as well. I was playing with someone else and they got the chance for the card and put it up to two stars. We lost so damn fast. After that I had to go through about 4 sets until I actually got another chance to fight him haha

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The artwork that you unlock after beating the game is AMAZING, seriously, check it out.

I want the scrolling image after you finish the game as a big scroll on my wall.

The artbook whenever they make it Im ready to import. Will look good with my Artbook.

Mr. Patch

2nd Climax definitely seems easier that Bayo 1's normal.

Not that I'm getting platinum all the time, but I've only died once and that was a silly mistake in
the prologue
. I forgot the Wii U button layout lol

But I'll probably just power through the rest of the game then a 3rd Climax run.

Jintor

How fucking good is Tommorrow is Mine though

I mean obviously I need more Moon River in regular battles but

fucking

Tommorrow is MINE

Raxus

How fucking good is Tommorrow is Mine though

I mean obviously I need more Moon River in regular battles but

fucking

Tommorrow is MINE

Moon River kicking in at the
final fight?

God like.

Tomorrow is mine is great as the default battle tune.

I always loved Bayonetta's music choices.

what the FUCK people

This made me laugh!

[brofist]

The problem of chapter 4 and chapter 7(?) fights is that the game never tops those 2 moments, with the final fight (well the final chapter) being a dissapointment.

Fandangox

Can
Balder and Rodin
verse cards appear against the cpu? Been trying for a while and have only gotten the bayo/jeanne one.

That fight was amazing though.

trying to get
Balder
in Tag Climax was annoying for me as well. I was playing with someone else and they got the chance for the card and put it up to two stars. We lost so damn fast. After that I had to go through about 4 sets until I actually got another chance to fight him haha

I got
Balder
really early on, but I can't for the life of me get Rodin. I wanna try him out.

Mupod

trying to get
Balder

I had a nice chain of wins going, so I picked an easy one and threw the round by taunting so the host could get some halos. I forgot this meant he'd be able to pick the final round, and of course BEELINE STRAIGHT TO 3 STAR
BALDER. Who spawns with two lumen sages as backup. I don't even.
Funny thing is I actually almost got one down even though host was dead in about a millisecond.

Bombless

I had a nice chain of wins going, so I picked an easy one and threw the round by taunting so the host could get some halos. I forgot this meant he'd be able to pick the final round, and of course BEELINE STRAIGHT TO 3 STAR
BALDER. Who spawns with two lumen sages as backup. I don't even.
Funny thing is I actually almost got one down even though host was dead in about a millisecond.

Haha, I hate when that happens. I have yet to face any of the special verses though.

Dizzy-4U

Alright Chapter 13, alright.....

All my friends are here! Hey Grace and Glory, how you doing buddies? I have a giant fucking hammer with your names on it!!! :D

Teknoman

Is it just me, or are the demon summon finishers a little less action packed this time around? Everything else has been cranked past the first game aside from those. The first one with Gomorrah was great, but so far they've just ended the fight with maybe one attack instead of completely destroying the enemy.

EDIT: Is there voice chat in tag climax btw? Not necessary, just wondering.

Just beat the campaign, power played on 2nd climax, is it just me or did the difficulty go down after chapter 12?

Edit: I plan on playing on harder difficulties but chapter 12 or 11 gave me a harder time than everything after

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Uh, I somehow someway managed to get a platinum on the I guess "final rival battle"
the 3rd time you fight balder when he's fully unmasked and everything, idk if this is their final battle or anything tho
and man, what a amazing fight, but I was totally in the zone for it cause I got a fucking platinum out of it, wtf.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
JP Kellams
‏@PG_jp
Hey, so it sounds like @SEGA is going to put the #Bayonetta2 soundtrack up on iTunes. That's good news, right?

tumblr_inline_mqnvpiJtfk1qz4rgp.gif

Still keeping my physical copy

Monocle

So has anyone beat the Platinum Ticket version of Rodin yet? I've been trying for over seven hours with three characters and every strategy I can think of. I'm ready to pull my fucking hair out.

I just want to use a code to get the unlockable and be done with it. Shit.

dani_dc

I hate how I'll barely have time to play this in the next few days, doesn't help that SMT IV is coming out Friday.

Heck. I should had been sleeping now instead of playing Bayonetta 2. Times like this make me consider dropping my master's degree.

Chapter 13

Probably one of my favourite chapters yet, likely due to the variety in scenarios, of course a lot of it was lifted of the first game, but that's OK.
Love how the real time platform scenes are actuality real time, unlike most other games.

I just finished Bayonetta 1 a few hours ago and decided to try out Bayo 2 for a few minutes before sleeping....

I cut it off in the middle of the prologue because it was just too good.

If the game continues to have such high class style and elegance like this, this game will be 11/10 GOTY(alongside Smash Wii U) for me. I can't believe how damn good it looks and feels and SOUNDS. Oh goodness that music sounds great.

overcast

Wow. Got up chapter 2. Fantastic. Seriously, the fast paced gameplay, intense and large scale fights, the graphics/art, over the top dialogue and characters. It's been too long.

Missed Bayonetta. Such a blast.

Top Bottom