• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

I still can't get this scene out of my head whenever I hear Moon River...

VDvtfhd.jpg

Nharox

Neo Member
Question time! I want to pick up the Bayonetta 1+2 pack for the weekend. Problem is that I won't be at home and I'll play on someone else's Wii U. Is it possible to put the save games on a SD card/USB? And if so, does it work with every game? I remembered that you couldn't import some specific PS3 save games (just as example).

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, I hope someone can help me out.

so I found one of a 3 piece LP in chapter 8, were the rest of the pieces in that chapter, or am I going to find the others in later chapters? I want to make sure i get each weapon as soon as possible

Can't find this game nor Hyrule Warriors here, and I've looked everywhere. Would get them digital but I don't have enough space anymore on the HDD. Stupid 32gbs.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Question time! I want to pick up the Bayonetta 1+2 pack for the weekend. Problem is that I won't be at home and I'll play on someone else's Wii U. Is it possible to put the save games on a SD card/USB? And if so, does it work with every game? I remembered that you couldn't import some specific PS3 save games (just as example).

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, I hope someone can help me out.

As far as I know, yes you can. I've done it with my own saves before, but I don't know if saves are tied to your Nintendo account. So if you save under account A, back up your saves onto an SD card and then try to import them under account B that might not work.

Can't find this game nor Hyrule Warriors here, and I've looked everywhere. Would get them digital but I don't have enough space anymore on the HDD. Stupid 32gbs.

Can't you order some copies off of Amazon or the local equivalent? If not, surely you'll be able to find some USB drive you can plug into the Wii U to extend space.

Can't you order some copies off of Amazon or the local equivalent? If not, surely you'll be able to find some USB drive you can plug into the Wii U to extend space.

No Amazon, and local stores barely have Wii U games. And I've been trying to find a 128 or 64gb USB to use but again, most stores either don't have those or they are expensive as hell.

Stores have mostly Nintendoland, New Super Mario Bros U and Mario Kart 8, a shitton of MK8.

Monocle

so I found one of a 3 piece LP in chapter 8, were the rest of the pieces in that chapter, or am I going to find the others in later chapters? I want to make sure i get each weapon as soon as possible
One of the LPs
the one for the hammer, Takemikazuchi
is spread across chapters 8 and 9. There are some good LP guides on Youtube.

pupcoffee

So, yesterday I managed to get my combo medals from silver to platinum. After being baffled on how to do good combos, getting platinum at least seems to be a matter of holding down an attack button mid-combo to shoot for a little bit, rather than just tapping to the "climactic" move. In any case, I feel like I'm actually making use of the guns for the first time, and the gameplay suddenly seems so different to any other hack and slasher.

Squishy3

No Amazon, and local stores barely have Wii U games. And I've been trying to find a 128 or 64gb USB to use but again, most stores either don't have those or they are expensive as hell.

Stores have mostly Nintendoland, New Super Mario Bros U and Mario Kart 8, a shitton of MK8.
For external storage you want an USB hard drive, not an USB stick, which is what I assume you mean by 64GB or 128GB, since most people don't buy HDDs that size. Nintendo has a recommended list of HDDs on their website, and you can usually find 1 or 2TB externals for probably around the same price as what else you're looking at, the Seagate one that's first on the list is $99.99 for a 2TB. :p http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1359/p/431

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Finished the game last night, ending felt really abrupt
(was expecting to fight some kind of giant god boss at the end like in the first game)
. Really nice that they fleshed out Bayo1's story to make it seem less dumb/random though.

Not quite a 10/10 game for me but if a Bayo3 ever gets made and they make the same level of improvements as they did going from Bayo1 to Bayo2 it could very well be the perfect action game.

Gosh, the first time I did the final Masked Lumen
(now unmasked Balder, which I did see coming from many miles away)
fight and
You May Call Me Father
kicked in... chills down my spine.

Probably one of my favourite fights in the game, it just feels like doing some sort of coreographed dance while playing in a really strange way. Both characters just flow so well with the dodging when you're playing properly. Me and dragonlife doing the 3 Star Masked Lumen/
Balder
fight where you face all three versions as the same time was definitely a stream highlight, haha. Killed the first two versions somehow and then got completely stomped by the proper edition. So good.

Any tips for people who suck?
Because I suck. I completed Bayo 1 on Normal a few months back but I'm such a mess tbh. Regularly getting silvers and golds.

NIN90

Anybody know how checkpoints during boss fights are handled score-wise? I just managed to Pure Platinum the first chapter on 3rd Climax. Had to do the whole "Title menu -> Continue" spiel on the boss fight because I got hit and I had to continue on the checkpoint halfway through the fight but still managed to score a PP on that verse.

Monocle

Anybody know how checkpoints during boss fights are handled score-wise? I just managed to Pure Platinum the first chapter on 3rd Climax. Had to do the whole "Title menu -> Continue" spiel on the boss fight because I got hit and I had to continue on the checkpoint halfway through the fight but still managed to score a PP on that verse.
There's no score penalty if that's what you mean. The game doesn't seem to notice any quit -> reload -> continue shenanigans.

I finished my first run, but I'm wondering if there's an easy way to check what I made on each chapter and show the all the verses for that chapter.

NIN90

There's no score penalty if that's what you mean. The game doesn't seem to notice any quit -> reload -> continue shenanigans.

Well, I mean there's a certain score threshold I have to pass to score a Platinum in the combo category. I was just wondering if the game actually remembers what score I achieved before the checkpoint in the middle of the boss fight and add that amount at the end of the fight or do I start at square one (thus being basically fucked on later bosses)?

For external storage you want an USB hard drive, not an USB stick, which is what I assume you mean by 64GB or 128GB, since most people don't buy HDDs that size. Nintendo has a recommended list of HDDs on their website, and you can usually find 1 or 2TB externals for probably around the same price as what else you're looking at, the Seagate one that's first on the list is $99.99 for a 2TB. :p http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1359/p/431

Yes, I thought abut getting a external drive for it, but here they are expensive too. And I don't really plan on having a lot of games on my Wii U, so a 2TB one would be overkill, I will only get the exclusives and the RPGs. Before getting one of that I would like to get a 64/128gb Class 10 MicroSDXC card (after a FAT32 change) for my 3DS, since my 32GB one is full already.

Seik

Banned
Lol I just found that this morning as well :')

Then I went into the gates of hell and Rodin said
'Diplomacy has failed'

Found out these two in the exact same order as you.

Platinum making my heart melt with all these references.

The first one I noticed (without counting all the first Bayonetta's references) was Bayonetta standing on the red plane, thought about Sonic immediately. :D

Monocle

Any tips for people who suck?
Because I suck. I completed Bayo 1 on Normal a few months back but I'm such a mess tbh. Regularly getting silvers and golds.
Work on improving one thing at a time. If you keep dropping your combo multiplier, use Y to hit distant enemies with weak gunfire when you're not attacking with a regular combo. Extend a lot of your attacks by holding down the punch or kick button.

If you're taking too long to kill enemies, get familiar with dodge offset in practice mode. (Hold an attack button, dodge up to four times, then finish the combo). Out of habit I extend most of my attacks by holding down the punch or kick button instead of tapping it, just in case I need to dodge an enemy. It's a good way to deal damage while staying aware of your surroundings. Always try to plan for the next couple seconds instead of throwing out frenzied attacks and dodging on instinct.

If survival is an issue, you just need to focus more on your dodge timing. One strategy is to bait an enemy to attack by doing extended attacks right in front of them until they try to hit you, then using dodge offset to pop into Witch Time and rack up the damage. Love is Blue's PPKKK combo works well for this. Try to notice the audio and visual cues that signal an incoming attack. They're there to help you. All enemies have them. When things get too intense I tend to break out of my combo with panther offset. (Do dodge offset like normal but double tap the dodge button to change into panther mode. As long as you're holding the last attack button you pressed you can continue the combo any time by inputting the next punch or kick.) That way I can quickly reposition myself to a safer spot and resume my combo.

I (nearly) platinumed 2nd Climax by making sure my combo score and completion time were solid for every verse. You can take a fair amount of damage and still get platinum as long as you attend to the other two categories.

Well, I mean there's a certain score threshold I have to pass to score a Platinum in the combo category. I was just wondering if the game actually remembers what score I achieved before the checkpoint in the middle of the boss fight and add that amount at the end of the fight or do I start at square one (thus being basically fucked on later bosses)?
Oh, I see. I've never checked.

Found out these two in the exact same order as you.

Platinum making my heart melt with all these references.

The first one I noticed (without counting all the first Bayonetta's references) was Bayonetta standing on the red plane, thought about Sonic immediately. :D
Hey, you around still? I'm up for some games and streaming it.

Probably one of my favourite fights in the game, it just feels like doing some sort of coreographed dance while playing in a really strange way. Both characters just flow so well with the dodging when you're playing properly. Me and dragonlife doing the 3 Star Masked Lumen/
Balder
fight where you face all three versions as the same time was definitely a stream highlight, haha. Killed the first two versions somehow and then got completely stomped by the proper edition. So good.
Still sucks we lost :(

Work on improving one thing at a time. If you keep dropping your combo multiplier, use Y to hit distant enemies with weak gunfire when you're not attacking with a regular combo. Extend a lot of your attacks by holding down the punch or kick button.

If you're taking too long to kill enemies, get familiar with dodge offset in practice mode. (Hold an attack button, dodge up to four times, then finish the combo). Out of habit I extend most of my attacks by holding down the punch or kick button instead of tapping it, just in case I need to dodge an enemy. It's a good way to deal damage while staying aware of your surroundings. Always try to plan for the next couple seconds instead of throwing out frenzied attacks and dodging on instinct.

If survival is an issue, you just need to focus more on your dodge timing. One strategy is to bait an enemy to attack by doing extended attacks right in front of them until they try to hit you, then using dodge offset to pop into Witch Time and rack up the damage. Love is Blue's PPKKK combo works well for this. Try to notice the audio and visual cues that signal an incoming attack. They're there to help you. All enemies have them. When things get too intense I tend to break out of my combo with panther offset. (Do dodge offset like normal but double tap the dodge button to change into panther mode. As long as you're holding the last attack button you pressed you can continue the combo any time by inputting the next punch or kick.) That way I can quickly reposition myself to a safer spot and resume my combo.

I (nearly) platinumed 2nd Climax by making sure my combo score and completion time were solid for every verse. You can take a fair amount of damage and still get platinum as long as you attend to the other two categories.

I play like that. I really hate that some enemies were unpredictable to me. I usually wait for them to attack but I get hit since my reaction is poor. One of the enemy I hated with passion in the first Bayonetta was
Grace and Glory which they reappeared in the second game.

Seik

Banned
I'll try the scythe after this. :p

You're quite better than me though, I need more training.

EDIT: Hah! Just got Balder, gonna try him out.

Bombless

When I beat Chapter 4 I had to put down the pad and catch my breath.
Madama Butterfly
is the best. Though I wish
Bowser would had appeared in full while wearing the Peach/Daisy costume

The Lamp

oKAY. okay. no. I can't. I cannot.

I've had to pause the game in the middle of this Chapter 4 fight.

I'm almost to the point of tearing up at how unbelievably good this is. The fucking epic music, the amazing shit that is happening on screen, the satisfying difficulty and combat, and now
they let me take control of Madame Butterfly
. I literally had to pause the game and put my head in my hands and catch my breath.

This is what video games are about. This moment right here. The fact that I can interact with a piece of entertainment like this.

what the FUCK people

oKAY. okay. no. I can't. I cannot.

I've had to pause the game in the middle of this Chapter 4 fight.

I'm almost to the point of tearing up at how unbelievably good this is. The fucking epic music, the amazing shit that is happening on screen, the satisfying difficulty and combat, and now
they let me take control of Madame Butterfly
. I literally had to pause the game and put my hands in my head and catch my breath.

This is what video games are about. This moment right here. The fact that I can interact with a piece of entertainment like this.

what the FUCK people
You're gonna need some way to avoid passing out by the end of the game then, it only gets crazier :p

Seik

Banned
HOLY SHIT THIS LAST FIGHT WAS STRESSFUL, WOW.

Didn't expect the lumen sage to pop up, that was the most confusing shit EVER. :lol

I wanted those halos, too. D:

HOLY SHIT THIS LAST FIGHT WAS STRESSFUL, WOW.

Didn't expect the lumen sage to pop up, that was the most confusing shit EVER. :lol

I wanted those halos, too. D:
We won, though! Good job. I thought you knew he showed up :p I wanted to to win with a bang. He gave us more trouble than I expected, haha.

You done?

Seik

Banned
We won, though! Good job. I thought you knew he showed up :p I wanted to to win with a bang. He gave us more trouble than I expected, haha.

You done?

Gimme 5, need to take a good, big glass of water and I'm right back with you! :D

Seriously, that was my most epic Tag Climax yet. Loved how we manage to keep resurrecting ourselves over and over. I'm really better with Balder as well.

Yeah, so the last couple chapters of this game are damned crazy. Good thing I managed to save up a bunch of items because that last boss is cheap to the max.

GOTY right here, severely doubt anything else I play in the next couple months will top it.

Onto Tag Climax.

Top Bottom