• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

Teknoman

Have played up to Chapter 13 so far and am really enjoying it. I'm playing on 2nd Climax until my Pro Controller arrives but as described on the previous page, the Lumen Sage fights are already thrilling enough. It feels as if once your Witch Time has elapsed he's constantly on the attack again, great stuff.

Got all the weapons (that I can at this stage) and am really liking the damage ability of the hammer. Not too sure what to make of the bow though, seems not entirely useful - though I could be completely wrong.

So far I'm not sure if I'm enjoying it as much as the fresh experience that the first game was but it's definitely up there.

The poison / slowing of enemies helps, and it seems like a charged shot or 3 normal shots can break armor pretty good. Nice area attacks too.

I feel this way too and I only ever beat it with the girl. (Forget her name)

Lucia?

Allegrian

Banned
How can I switch weapons in Bayo 1 in the middle of a combo without resetting it? I've seen people doing it in Youtube but I can't.

How can I switch weapons in Bayo 1 in the middle of a combo without resetting it? I've seen people doing it in Youtube but I can't.

I think just switch while you are still holding down an attack button during your combo, like dodging when doing dodge offset

general question: are there any other accessories that are simply just a benefit/addition like the Moon? I'm wondering what to throw into the second slot that doesn't have some sort of "cost" associated

Mupod

I think just switch while you are still holding down an attack button during your combo, like dodging when doing dodge offset

general question: are there any other accessories that are simply just a benefit/addition like the Moon? I'm wondering what to throw into the second slot that doesn't have some sort of "cost" associated

the taunt one that regenerates HP, and I think the one that gives 'extra rewards' for torture attacks. I really should have bought the latter, the former just gets me killed a lot.

Darksheik

I've been playing quite a lot during this first week, game is amazing.
I was wondering, are there any tips to defeat
Rodin and the lost chapter 5?

I passed the game on infinite climax and collected almost every "achievement" but these two challenges looks particularly hard. Have you guys passed them?

You never got to fight the infested chopper!

You sure missed...a thing.
In my hype I played dmc4/1 for the first time, then was so bored I went to play 2. I never want to see a chopper boss in an action game again.
I still somehow convinced myself to play the next level before quitting forever

Raptomex

I've only played maybe 2 hours of the original DmC, 3 or 4 of the new DmC, and I'm already enjoying the first Bayonetta more than any of those games.

Kouriozan

And both game story finished, what a ride!
And now I still have tooooons of stuff to unlock in both game too.

Maybe some think the story is a mess but I really enjoyed it personally.

mrhej

So when you start a new difficulty, do you have to do the Muspelheim challenges again if you already cleared them to get a better rank at the end of the chapter? Or can you ignore them and it doesn't effect you ranking?

Infinite Climax is waaay more difficult in this game. And we actually have Witch Time this time around.
Like said previously, this game is designed around Witch Time. It's not like the first game in that regard.
how long was the first bayonetta game again? Without doing whatever optional stuff it had and that I can't remember.
You can beat the first game in less than three hours very easily if you make use of Panther Within.

antitrop

how long was the first bayonetta game again? Without doing whatever optional stuff it had and that I can't remember.

10 hours.

I just finished it a few minutes ago and my final save was just barely above the 10 hour mark. I skipped most of the early cutscenes, though.

Cheers. I knew DMC2 was "disappointing", but is it still worth a playthrough?

NO

I mean is not that bad, but there's nothing remarkable. Is just bad, not bad enough to play it to get a few laughs and dosn't even have a single good moment. Is just...constantly a bad game from start to finish.

I mean, if you really want to see how bad is the worst DMC ever created (for now), you can check it. But you aren't losing anything, really. That said, I think it was quite short? So there's that at least. Also Lucia has even worse gameplay that Dante, so never ever bother with that in the case you play the game.

the taunt one that regenerates HP, and I think the one that gives 'extra rewards' for torture attacks. I really should have bought the latter, the former just gets me killed a lot.

Yeah, taunting is very risky, even in witch time. It enrages the enemy and makes them attack faster. I was thinking maybe I could make a net gain of healing vs. their attacks, but since their timing is different and they seem to hurt more when enraged, I end up losing more health in the long run.

I fully recommend the mallet, especially for witch trials. Also, there's the eternal marionette, which gives back 2 small circles of magic when you've used all of it.

I beat both games in the same weekend.

But I did what I haven't done in a looong time which was play like a kid and didn't do anything the entire weekend.

Remember the whole CRAZY SANDBOX MATRIX? Boy, they sure loved promoting the game with shots from that CG.

You can beat the last boss with Lucia by just jumping in the air and using her throwing knives. Great game.

Anyways, this is a Bayonetta 2 thread. For a great boss battle, I couldn't believe what I was seeing during the first
Lumen Sage
fight. That was straight up bonkers.

Dizzy-4U

Which weapon does the most damage from single hits? Sythe, Hammer?

I'm having trouble trying to platinum the boss battle in chapter 3. Easy fight, I don't get hit, but I get bronce on time.

I should have started the game on 3rd climax. I'm breezing through it on 2nd climax mostly with gold medals on each level.

I started on 3rd but was having trouble using only the guns so I dropped it down to 2 and am having a much better experience. You must just be better than I am though. :)

It's happening:
kokuchi-bayonetta.jpg

May release, no word on price yet.

Man, using those chainsaws on both hands and feet feels like cheating. You just tear though the enemies and stunlock everything.
It's happening:

May release, no word on price yet.
Wow, looks great. I just bought the Phat company one but this one looks even better. Will keep an eye out for it.

After playing 30 hours in that first weekend, having life mode back on for three days has been rough, not sure ill even get chance to play today,need more practice on WT:V

Bombless

Took a break from the non-stop action and went through the unlocked art. I was wondering why Jeanne's pistols were called All for One...now I know. The designs in this game man, so fucking good.

Got my copy today, been playing nonstop, but I stopped playing because the controller need to be recharged, damn. I don't have pro controller, but I'm getting one tomorrow. The game is amazing and the music is just epic. I have one complaint about the game, the static cut scenes, I hate them because I love seeing Bayonetta move and talk.

I'm messing around with a different set of weapons than I'm used to and liking the 180 in play style. I usually use Takemikazuchi with Alruna on my feet which gives a nice balance between speed, power, single target damage, lockdown, and aoe.

This new set I'm tinkering with is Kafka and Salamandra on my feet. It's not the greatest aoe set but Kafka's 360 attack is decent for crowd control and even bombarding a single target. Also, the single target damage potential is crazy when you stack poison and stunlocking chainsaws. Plus, the extra attacks you do when you hold and release your Salmandra swings at the right time are so satisfying.

Mind you, these are both in tag climax, so I don't know how the second set translates to single player. The Kafka seems to find an entirely new purpose in tag since aggro isn't always on you.

The TV commercial on YouTube has surpassed 700k views. :)

Maybe it'll pass 1 million views by the weekend or the end of it?

It's passed Nintendo's upload of the E3 2013 trailer, the only B2 video above it is Gamespot's upload of the same trailer at 1.2 million (probably not something Nintendo is proud of; GS' upload being far more popular than theirs. XD).

Squishy3

god dammit i'm missing 2 broken witch hearts and you can't check which broken witch hearts you're missing like umbran crows FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

If you don't mind being cheesy, bump the difficulty all the way down and do the following:

Equip the parry accessory, the third accessory you get for being on turd difficulty, and the mallet.

Equip Salamandra on both your hands and feet.

Use touch controls and dodge when you can, otherwise, tap your enemies with your stylus quickly. For some reason, the game is more likely to auto-parry/dodge for you if tap quickly rather than hold it. Torture attack often for lots of extra health in case you need it.

It's super lame but it seems to work with little effort.

Edit:
GG Siara,nice weapon duo there. I kinda suck though :(

GGs! Sorry about having to leave, my food's here. Kind of crappy timing.

I had a lot of fun though! And trust me, you don't kinda suck, we were doing well! I almost never dodge that surfing attack that fellow does. :(

Have played up to Chapter 13 so far and am really enjoying it. I'm playing on 2nd Climax until my Pro Controller arrives but as described on the previous page, the Lumen Sage fights are already thrilling enough. It feels as if once your Witch Time has elapsed he's constantly on the attack again, great stuff.

try equipping Gaze of Despair and using Umbran Spear against him for some Dragon Ball Z shit

Top Bottom