• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

Just finished my first playthrough, and man what a fantastic game. I told myself I was going to play the Wii U version Bayo 1 after I finished it but I don't think I can resist going straight into my second playthrough.

does SO much damage, even on infinite climax/witch trials 5. You get into a rhythm with releasing them at their brightest, shit eats through bosses.

I was down on them at first because "eww no wicked weaves wat iz dis" but then you figure them out and lolbosses

Tag Climax got my reflexes at 200% all of a sudden. Plus the Moon of Malaahaallaalalahaaa parry spamming makes me really aggressive. Bayonetta 2 starts NOW.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Wait so you're telling me I should switch around my hands: whip/feet: saw setup...? :|

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Is the soundtrack available in the US on Amazon?

I can find the original game's, but not Bayo 2

that just release timing on the chainsaws
sExYr0u.png

tesqui

Welp just got a Stone award for chapter 3.

I find it really hard to execute witch time consistently. I end up doing it a tad too early or a tad too late.. Also when I panic I mash the button causing me to screw up the timing completely. When I do bad in this game it kind of bums me out and makes me not want to play it..

Monocle

good video on the just release timing for chainsaws and the benefits of the lighting charge for hammer. Also shows you how the back-to-forward moves actually count as dodges.
This is great, thanks.

When you use the chainsaws just hold down the button till they glow red then release. You'll get a followup attack upon release if you do it correctly

It's so awesome
Whoa, I had no idea and the chainsaws are one of my favorite weapons! Badass.

Welp just got a Stone award for chapter 3.

I find it really hard to execute witch time consistently. I end up doing it a tad too early or a tad too late.. Also when I panic I mash the button causing me to screw up the timing completely. When I do bad in this game it kind of bums me out and makes me not want to play it..
Buy Bat Within, it helps.

Sephzilla

Can I ask a question about the ending?

So did Balder travel back in time at the end of the game and become the Balder that's the villain in Bayonetta 1? So he's kind of stuck in some kind of loop?

Seik

Banned
Halfway through my second run at third climax and did a couple of Tag Climax as well.

People that have some experience with action games should start at third climax, it feels more like the Normal Mode of the first Bayonetta, imo. Bayo 2 at Normal felt a bit easy, even if I never managed to get a Pure Platinum out of any stage yet.

Still having a blast with it, saw the timer on my game's save was at 20 hours already, time sure goes fast. :O

Jintor

So did Balder travel back in time at the end of the game and become the Balder that's the villain in Bayonetta 1? So he's kind of stuck in some kind of loop?

yeah basically. Seems like
Not-Loki pulled him out of the timestream immediately after Rosa dies. Or something. I wasn't really clear on any of the time stuff to be honest

Coda

When you use the chainsaws just hold down the button till they glow red then release. You'll get a followup attack upon release if you do it correctly

It's so awesome

Yeah figuring that out was great. Also I really love the Kafka on my hands and Salamandra on the feet. It's just awesome to skate around on those and then blast stuff with the Kafka.

Astral Dog

Yeah, he tries to use the Eyes of the World again in the past until Bayonetta finally kills him

Neff

Ugh you have to keep subtitles on to understand when the Angels speak?

Even the first game did that right.

I played the majority of Bayo 2 without subs and while drinking and didn't realise until near the final chapter that I was supposed to understand what the giant cherub faces were saying to me.

Rhapsody

Banned
What two sets are you guys using for your weapon sets? Right now I have sword on hands, guns on feet for one. The other is whip on hands, chainsaws on feet. I'm still messing around with different combinations though. Had scythe and undine one time but tried other stuff. After hearing people talking about whip on feet, I might have to try that.

What two sets are you guys using for your weapon sets? Right now I have sword on hands, guns on feet for one. The other is whip on hands, chainsaws on feet. I'm still messing around with different combinations though. Had scythe and undine one time but tried other stuff. After hearing people talking about whip on feet, I might have to try that.

Surprisingly, I don't have any true favorites.

Though I'd say I use Kafka the least.

(Wait, maybe Bayo speaks Enochian, I can't remember what the Laguna speak)

She does. Pretty much anyone who isn't speaking English does.

good video on the just release timing for chainsaws and the benefits of the lighting charge for hammer. Also shows you how the back-to-forward moves actually count as dodges.

Nice video.

I just finished the game again on 3rd max to unlock
Rose and Chain-Chomp.
I need to get that Bracelet of Time so I can farm halos on
Chapter 14.

Monocle

I was down on them at first because "eww no wicked weaves wat iz dis" but then you figure them out and lolbosses

Tag Climax got my reflexes at 200% all of a sudden. Plus the Moon of Malaahaallaalalahaaa parry spamming makes me really aggressive. Bayonetta 2 starts NOW.
After I was hammered into the ground by Rodin for about ten hours (no exaggeration), my reflexes felt so much sharper against regular enemies. It's great. Bayonetta's "You want to touch me?" type of taunt speaks to you on a different level when you actually feel untouchable, lol.

Is there anything on this planet greater than the whip's KKK delay K?

no. no there is not.
Seriously!

Moofers

She's not being raped, she's being dragged down to hell like all witches are when they die. Good lord.

She's not being dragged anywhere. She is laying naked in a heap while the demon lays next to her and smokes a cigar. Not a lot of room for interpretation there.

If you think THAT implies Bayonetta was sexually assaulted, don't you dare get grabbed by Rodin's Raging Demon attack lmao

I wonder if that's the one I've seen then. Raging Demon sounds a lot like Akuma's Shun Goku Satsu and it even does the blacked out screen bit.

Sephzilla

yeah basically. Seems like
Not-Loki pulled him out of the timestream immediately after Rosa dies. Or something. I wasn't really clear on any of the time stuff to be honest

Yeah, he tries to use the Eyes of the World again in the past until Bayonetta finally kills him

Okay, so Not-Loki pulls Balder forward in time after Rosa dies to make him the Masked Lumen. Eventually Balder and Bayonetta team up to defeat Not-Loki, and when Not-Loki gets stuck inside Balder's body, Not-Loki takes him back in time a little bit and Balder turns into the villain from Bayonetta 1?

I guess my question then is how does Balder get the Right Eye again?

tesqui

Chapter 4 was pretty great! Especially the ending segment.

I'm still not that great at the combat, but I'm kind of getting used to it!

Buy Bat Within, it helps.

Yeah, that did actually help a good amount! I guess I should pay more attention to the items that are labeled "hot"

Jintor

Okay, so Not-Loki pulls Balder forward in time after Rosa dies to make him the Masked Lumen. Eventually Balder and Bayonetta team up to defeat Not-Loki, and when Not-Loki gets stuck inside Balder's body, Not-Loki takes him back in time a little bit and Balder turns into the villain from Bayonetta 1?

I guess my question then is how does Balder get the Right Eye again?

Timey-wimey

GulAtiCa

Just started on this after beating the 1st. Since the 1st at Normal was kinda brutal, I'm starting at 1st Climax difficulty. Though really easy currently, but having a lot of fun. Then again.. I found Normal to be easy-ish early on until I started dying left and right. haha

Sephzilla

Timey-wimey

The Right Eye thing is the only issue I'm finding with the Balder time travel stuff. His Eye of the World traveled forward with him in time and he lost it to Aesir and Loki eventually erased it. When Balder/Not-Loki travel back to pre-Bayonetta 1, that Eye shouldn't exist at that point since Balder took it with him to the future.

I need a Doc Brown chalkboard gif right about now

Top Bottom