• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

Revven

Holy shit Chapter 9...

I don't know if I'm just bad but the Prophet boss fight was ridiculous. Can you parry any of this fist attacks? I couldn't just witch time everything because it's really hard to see what he's doing sometimes to be able to evade at the right moment. Since I was so bad at evading things and trying to do upclose melee I switched to the Kafka and just played a long range game -- surprisingly, it worked (even though I was whittling away at his health bar vs using melee and witch time a lot).

Also, the second lumen sage fight is JUST as nuts at the first oh my lord. It feels so satisfying to be dodging everything as quick as you can. These fights feel the closest to the fights in Rising because it's a normal sized person vs a normal sized person and then it breaks out into a battle of their summons. It's fucking amazing and I love it. I was on a sliver of health at the end, too. Soooo good.

Oh and this isn't really a spoiler but I HATE Golems. I hated them in W101, I hated them in Bayo 1, and I hate them here. Died 5 times vs the first one until I noticed there was an extra health item on the field... I still narrowly lost again, though. Flat out, I'm just bad at dealing with Golems in all three games and nothing has changed.

Oh and I bought the parry as well. In terms of parrying, is the window tighter on 3rd Climax? That's the difficulty I'm playing on and it felt really easy to parry in training/Practice Mode but when I'm out in the actual field and fighting dudes it feels way harder -- unless it's because I'm facing the Inferno enemy types and their attacks are just way quicker and require faster reaction time to parry?... Someone explain pls. Honestly feels like I prefer how parrying is handled in Rising where you press a button and press the stick towards the enemy. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually in practice...

Edit: Oh maybe I didn't even equip it while I was playing... whoops. (Seriously though why is something as important as parrying an equippable item!?)

Managed to grab Platinum on the prologue of 3rd Climax. Very close to grabbing Pure Platinum I think.

This was using the stock guns and doing a bunch of wicked weaves while taking advantage of Dodge Offset which seems to be increasing the amount of hits due to how the gun works. I assume using a gun on either your hands or feet at all times is a good idea?

Bah. Anyway, it seems as if I'll be playing this for a long time if I'm hoping to get Gold/Platinum at least on every stage. The game feels amazing to play so I'm super happy either way.

Uraizen

Banned
A day later and Im still annoyed at how rushed the ending was :l

Yeah, after beating W101 recently and replaying MGR after, it had a lot to live up to. I kept telling myself "okay, the real end boss is going to come right now!" Either that or something completely out of nowhere would happen. Still satisfied with the game overall, it's like they took one of their epic endings and sprinkled it throughout the entire game.

Uraizen

Banned
Edit: Oh maybe I didn't even equip it while I was playing... whoops. (Seriously though why is something as important as parrying an equippable item!?)

For the same reason it is in W101.
No friggin' clue, but it's the first thing I buy.

Squishy3

I press plus nothing happens. I see a co op request on the top right, don't know how to accept it, I'm so sorry about this, first time, I press plus and nothing tho
At the bottom of the pause screen when one of those notifications shows up should be "Answer co-op request" or something like that, so you know for the future

jorgejjvr

Oh man my bad, I felt like he was dodging is, and how can you equip your accessories? It won't let me, I saw you using the moon of whatever lol

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
So was playing Tag Climax and I unlocked a new verse card.

It lets you fight Labolas the Infernal Dog you summon in the game.

I don't think you can even fight it in the story mode?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yeah I press A and nothing, even tho I have them in single player. Again, could be doing something wrong, sorry, I didn't find how to revive you in the air/water

Same way as on the ground go to them and press Y.

And for the accessories you just press left or right

It's like they took one of their epic endings and sprinkled it throughout the entire game.

yea, the epic bits where nowhere near the end:

- The bit where you fight masked lumen and his summons vs your summons

- LOPTR fight

- Bit at the beginning with the dragon summon

Top Bottom