• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

Coda

I wish I could witch time with Jeanne other than using bat within. I know there's a smaller window but damn, I feel like I'm waiting until the last possible second to dodge but it still doesn't activate.

I love playing as
Rosa
because of her guns, but the extra damage she takes is killing me. Is there any weapon Bayo can get that plays similar? I don't need the crazy damage as much as just the cool single shot when you hold your attack.

hao chi

Are there any coop verses in the single player that are easy to miss? Before unlocking a couple verses while playing coop tonight, I had 45 verses unlocked, and I've noticed a bunch of other people online have the same number. But then I was playing coop with someone who I know has only played through the game once so far, and hasn't played coop with anybody other than me, and he had 46 verses.

Edit: Or maybe I'll unlock a few more just from backtracking more to make sure I finish all the verses in the single player missions.

Are there any coop verses in the single player that are easy to miss? Before unlocking a couple verses while playing coop tonight, I had 45 verses unlocked, and I've noticed a bunch of other people online have the same number. But then I was playing coop with someone who I know has only played through the game once so far, and hasn't played coop with anybody other than me, and he had 46 verses.

Edit: Or maybe I'll unlock a few more just from backtracking more to make sure I finish all the verses in the single player missions.

Do the first four Witch Trials to get some more. I don't think there are any missable single player cards besides those.

Gartooth

Finished it an hour ago. Damn this game was such a rollercoaster! I wish it had been a tad longer, but safe to say that I'm going to get a ton of replay value out of this one. Been messing around doing some of the Witch Trials, and playing with some of the costumes that I never bothered to use in the main campaign.
I'm so disappointed that while using the Peach costume, Bowser will punch and kick but won't headbutt any enemies himself.

From there, I plan on either going ahead and replaying the campaign on a harder difficulty, or checking out the updated Bayonetta 1.

Just did my part and bought a copy at best buy with the gamer's club extension + discount + 10% off mover's coupon. Not in time to help October NPD but +1 for November. It was the last copy on the shelf (which is pretty cool), but maybe they had more in the back.

Upon checking online, it looks like all the stores closeby me are either really low or out of stock -- needing 3-5 days for pick up.

I'm experiencing a weird glitch at the moment in my game. In Chapter V the cutscene plays but then when Bayonetta is in the water it just freezes, this is the only chapter that glitches and it worked fine on my first playthrough!

Frustrated as this is an amazing game that I can't replay D: Anyone else experienced this?

I'm experiencing a weird glitch at the moment in my game. In Chapter V the cutscene plays but then when Bayonetta is in the water it just freezes, this is the only chapter that glitches and it worked fine on my first playthrough!

Frustrated as this is an amazing game that I can't replay D: Anyone else experienced this?

You need to interact with the cutscene by turning into a snake (if you had tutorials on it would tell you this). Hold the left stick forward and press the dodge button twice in succession.

Coda

I thought it was a glitch at first too but it isn't. You have to double tap ZR to turn into the sea serpent and swim up to save Loki.

popyea

I finished the game earlier today. I can't wait to dig into the rest of the weapons and start going for top ranks. On the ending:
I also feel that it didn't live up to the climax of the first game. I think I was expecting it to try and top it, so I kept thinking that the end was going to pile climaxes on top of each other like the first game or W101. Though I guess it does something kind of unique in that it sets up the first game to be like the true climax with the way it reveals Balder's origins.

I still think it's a great sequel however, as I think everything besides that has been improved or elaborated on very satisfyingly. Some of the bosses were so fuck-off hard on 3rd climax, I can't wait to get better at them.

I was in a similar situation. I had tips turned off, and I accidentally had turned on touch controls from touching the gamepad in the practice room. So even though I'd double ZR to transform, it wouldn't respond until I eventually touched the gamepad screen. I reset the game 4 times trying to avoid the "freeze" before that.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I think I found my perfect combo of weapons for online :3

Also anyone doing online for halos ALWAYS do 3 star worship at least once even if you don't win you still get over 100k halos

Fbh

Just finished the game.

Overall it was really awesome. Amazing gameplay and excelet art direction, locations and level design. Plus, a whole bunch of over the top bosses like only platinum can make. Final boss was a bit underwhelming as there are earlier bosses that were just as good if not better but other than that I can hardly find anything else to complain about. The pacing is also great, it's a rollercoaster from start to finish
Also, I just love how packed with unlockable content it is, that's the sort of thing you don't see that often anymore in games (unless it's DLC).

Now I think I'll try to get some better ranks and unlock a lot of the stuff that I'm still missing. Got the Link outfit and Shuraba to get the Master Sword to make the second playthrough feel different. I love how they went the extra mile and didn't just make it a character skin but also replaced all the Halos with rupees and even added sound effects

It's easily up there with Wonderful 101 as my favorite game of the gen.

Yep, that's it. Only Bayo and Jeanne can swap weapons and stuff.

You can still equip accessories with her. And the magnums hit like shotguns. Definitely an Elephant Killer.

I think I found my perfect combo of weapons for online :3

Also anyone doing online for halos ALWAYS do 3 star worship at least once even if you don't win you still get over 100k halos

You can also 1 star it and get the same amount.

Trojan X

Banned
Just finished Bayo 2. All i can say is a truly masterpiece. Is you love videogames, you need to play this game. Amazing game.

Are you going to play the game at a higher level? If you completed it at normal then you can say that your training is over and you can now play the game for real.

The Lamp

I have yet to play a game with better boss fight design than this. So creative, so satisfying, so challenging. Reminds me of some of the better Kingdom Hearts boss fights, but of course this is leagues better.

Too bad I can never get anyone to show up on tag climax. The mode practically doesn't exist for me.

TWILT

Banned
Just started playing this earlier, and goddamn, this game is amazing. Just beat chapter 3, and it already feels better than the first one. Rakshasa is awesome.

I just beat this game. No exaggeration but this will probably be one of the best games this generation, fukk a GOTY. I can't believe how good it is. It just kept getting better and better.

I literally feel like they've set a new benchmark for action games.

11/10

Up to the end of Chapter XIII. Going to try and finish it within the next 24 hours. Loved Chapter XIII; favourite chapter so far and the first Chapter in either games with option verses that I've completed all verse first time. Great to re-fight some first game enemies and re-use some earlier puzzle types missing in the 2nd.
I fist pumped when Grace & Glory showed up. Love fighting them now.

China Dress is my favourite costume to wear so far, although I do like the Star Fox costume too.

Also, I much preferred
the Demon Horse ride
over the motor-cycle ride in the first game. Also really liked the Alraune fight, one of my favourite boss fights so far.

Lost it the 'Diplomacy has failed' reference.

Uraizen

Banned
I just beat this game. No exaggeration but this will probably be one of the best games this generation, fukk a GOTY. I can't believe how good it is. It just kept getting better and better.

I literally feel like they've set a new benchmark for action games.

11/10

Wish we had another game to argue over which is better that wasn't also another PG title.

RIP NG vs DMC

Those were some good times.

Wish we had another game to argue over which is better that wasn't also another PG title.

RIP NG vs DMC

Those were some good times.

Yeah rest in peace NG and DMC.

Only way I can see this game getting some competition is from another PG title like you said. Probably scalebound but ehh idk. A PG game with top notch story and even better acting would probably tip the scale in its favor.

Monocle

Up to the end of Chapter XIII. Going to try and finish it within the next 24 hours. Loved Chapter XIII; favourite chapter so far and the first Chapter in either games with option verses that I've completed all verse first time. Great to re-fight some first game enemies and re-use some earlier puzzle types missing in the 2nd.
I fist pumped when Grace & Glory showed up. Love fighting them now.

China Dress is my favourite costume to wear so far, although I do like the Star Fox costume too.

Also, I much preferred
the Demon Horse ride
over the motor-cycle ride in the first game.
Also really liked the Alraune fight, one of my favourite boss fights so far.

This. Times. 1000.

Also, the other major genre switch,
in Chapter 16
, is much better than that missile riding sequence in Bayonetta 1. I'm surprised and impressed and most of all grateful that Platinum addressed all of the minigame related issues I had with the first game. Somehow Bayonetta 2 makes the short detours away from its core combat system not just tolerable but fun.

What an absolute joy to play a sequel that refines the original game's formula in just the right ways. There's not a single mission I dread to replay.

You need to interact with the cutscene by turning into a snake (if you had tutorials on it would tell you this). Hold the left stick forward and press the dodge button twice in succession.

I thought it was a glitch at first too but it isn't. You have to double tap ZR to turn into the sea serpent and swim up to save Loki.

I was in a similar situation. I had tips turned off, and I accidentally had turned on touch controls from touching the gamepad in the practice room. So even though I'd double ZR to transform, it wouldn't respond until I eventually touched the gamepad screen. I reset the game 4 times trying to avoid the "freeze" before that.

Thank you so much for the help! I tried double tapping ZR the first time but I must not have been quick enough. So happy to be able to keep playing :)

Uraizen

Banned
Yeah rest in peace NG and DMC.

Only way I can see this game getting some competition is from another PG title like you said. Probably scalebound but ehh idk. A PG game with top notch story and even better acting would probably tip the scale in its favor.

Yeah, I feel the closest we can get is Bayonetta vs MGR.

MGR always felt like PG's NG to me and Bayonetta was more like DMC. They both made the games, though, so... *shrugs*

And surprisingly quickly, I thought it would be a grind.

Well this is fun, I think I lost my save data. I've been playing the game off an external hard drive, but I had a few problems with it (Wii U would tell me that it didn't work at the end of the loading screen) so I moved the game back to the Wii U internal memory. Now I started the game and there's no save file on it.. And of course I moved the data instead of copying.

Fuck. I think I was in Chapter XVI :(

AngelFire

Neo Member
I just cleared it. All heart pieces and all moon pearls all weapons (except one) and all muspielhiem portals clear as well as all witch tombs. Now to completely clear everything else. Lol.
It's a pretty solid game.

I think I'm done with randoms for a while. We were doing perfectly, with probably a couple hundred halos in bounties each, then he picks a three star fight for the sixth card. Two pains appeared and the last of them killed us when it was down to like 10% health. Lemme tell you, that was not satisfying.

I believe people online don't realize you lose bonuses if you die. Not their fault because the game doesn't go out of its way to make it obvious, but with zero communication there's not much one can do.

I guess I'll add my name to the GAF list (EDIT: which I can't find anywhere in the OP) and hope that every GAFer knows to pick easy fights for the last cards.

For extra frustration, immediately after that I tried the third Witch Trial again and as usual, was doing perfect until I got turned into Cerecita and snacked upon.

Best part of the game for me, by far.

Easily.

I just unlocked Balder/Rosa second ago randomly while playing with another player

what if I played with a CPU? will the verse cards appear randomly too ?

Yep, I just got
Labolas
that way.

I have yet to play a game with better boss fight design than this. So creative, so satisfying, so challenging. Reminds me of some of the better Kingdom Hearts boss fights, but of course this is leagues better.

Do yourself a huge favor and pick TW101. But watch Saur's videos before you go in.

There's at least two more references to TW101:
1) It might be obvious but I missed it the first time. During the "christmas shopping" intro, the team's jingle plays on one of the street TVs as Enzo is walking wth Bayo's pile of presents.
2) The description of Valiance says that his sword is called Valiantium Blade and it will be used in the future to help a team of 100 heroes.
Anyone spot any more?

Top Bottom