• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

popyea

There's one during the final boss.

The large object he throws at you is the Shirogane Comet.

If I'm remembering right, wasn't that already a
Vanquish
reference? I suppose a double reference was bound to happen at this point.

Edit: ^ damn, you beat me.

Anyone spot any more?

On the
schoolgirl
outfit description,
Shirogane High School
or something like that.

Son Of D

There's at least two more references to TW101:
1) It might be obvious but I missed it the first time. During the "christmas shopping" intro, the team's jingle plays on one of the street TVs as Enzo is walking wth Bayo's pile of presents.
2) The description of Valiance says that his sword is called Valiantium Blade and it will be used in the future to help a team of 100 heroes.
Anyone spot any more?

Don't forget the "Wonder Toys" shop from the intro as well. I'd say that counts.

I loved when Bayonetta insists that they proceed to the final stage at
mach speed.

1vSyEiO.jpg

fred

Looks like I misinterpreted the difficulty levels lol. I thought, because there were three of them, that Climax 1 would be Very Easy, Climax 2 would be Easy and Climax 3 would be Normal. So I started on Climax 2, thinking I'd get a mixture of Golds and Silvers with the odd Platinum thrown in. Nope. Lol.

Going by my scores I reckon Climax 1 is Easy, Climax 2 is Normal and Climax 3 is Hard.

What do you guys reckon..?

Just completed Chapter I last night.

Looks like I misinterpreted the difficulty levels lol. I thought, because there were three of them, that Climax 1 would be Very Easy, Climax 2 would be Easy and Climax 3 would be Normal. So I started on Climax 2, thinking I'd get a mixture of Golds and Silvers with the odd Platinum thrown in. Nope. Lol.

Going by my scores I reckon Climax 1 is Easy, Climax 2 is Normal and Climax 3 is Hard.

Just completed Chapter I last night.

Sorry, but I think Climax 1, 2 and 3 are equivalent to very easy, easy and normal from Bayo 1. I even scored better on my first playthrough of climax 3 then on normal in bayo 1, but that's probably since I played them back to back and got a bit better along the way.

fred

Sorry, but I think Climax 1, 2 and 3 are equivalent to very easy, easy and normal from Bayo 1. I even scored better on my first playthrough of climax 3 then on normal in bayo 1, but that's probably since I played them back to back and got a bit better along the way.

Well that's weird. Wonder why I'm struggling so much..? I've gone straight from completing the first game too. I'm getting hit more often for some reason and when I do I'm taking loads more damage than I was on Easy with Bayonetta 1.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
While my scoring is mixed, Climax 2 most definitely did not feel as tough as normal in Bayonetta. Playing through Climax 3 now feels much more like it.

EDIT: That being said nuances in the combat system and encounter/enemy design make me feel some of the tougher elements of Bayonetta aren't really present in Bayonetta 2. There's a slightly different metagame going on.

Canti

I have a quick question that has probably been answered but I couldn't find it via search -

How many Witch Trials chapters are there? IV is already impossible for me!

Similarly, is there any pay-off for beating them all, aside from new Tag Climax cards?

Thanks in advance Bayo-GAF.

popyea

My interpretation is Climax 2 is an easier Normal and Climax 3 is like Normal+. I've said this in another thread, but it feels more like the difficulty modes of MGR, with Climax 3 being like that games's Hard. The commonalties are same encounters and increased enemy aggression and damage. And both are balanced so that you can play it without having purchased a playthrough worth of techniques and upgrades.

Seik

Banned
While my scoring is mixed, Climax 2 most definitely did not feel as tough as normal in Bayonetta. Playing through Climax 3 now feels much more like it.

EDIT: That being said nuances in the combat system and encounter/enemy design make me feel some of the tougher elements of Bayonetta aren't really present in Bayonetta 2. There's a slightly different metagame going on.

I feel exactly the same, completed 3rd Climax two days ago and it felt just as you described.

Started Bayo 1 yesterday and started dying against Grace & Glory at chapter V...let's face it it's just not the same...and I did Bayo 1 years ago. D:

correojon

Any tips on keeping enemies in the air? I have no problem with the smaller mobs, but even the big centaurs won't lift up...anything bigger than that I can't launch without UC and once in the air if I turn UC off they won't juggle and just fall down...

I've been playing with different weapons in the Witch Trials and Salamandra is pretty overpowered, it stuns, deals huge damage, fills magic quickly and as it doesn't have wicked weaves you don't even need to dodge offset with it, you won't notice the difference in damage output. It feels very unbalanced

Finalow

so far I'm really liking this second run of Bayonetta, Wii U version looks great, much much better than what I remember from the ps3 version.

still, as someone already complained, QTEs and platforming sections are for the most part annoying. I'm not even trying anymore to get a decent score for the first time I play these chapters since I'm gonna die anyway or use items thanks to that. gotta collect dem stones awards.
also I assume that they really liked Fucker & GetFucked because I met them 5-6 times already, during one of those fights I couldn't even use witch time. gg
the camera can be a bit of a pain the ass sometimes but I'll deal with that.

AngelFire

Neo Member
If I'm remembering right, wasn't that already a
Vanquish
reference? I suppose a double reference was bound to happen at this point.

Edit: ^ damn, you beat me.

On the
schoolgirl
outfit description,
Shirogane High School
or something like that.
I'm not sure if you guys picked up on it
but I. The first one Luka references a bunch or big capcom ladies Claire, Trish, Sylvia, and Ammy.

Unit24

so far I'm really liking this second run of Bayonetta, Wii U version looks great, much much better than what I remember from the ps3 version.

still, as someone already complained, QTEs and platforming sections are for the most part annoying. I'm not even trying anymore to get a decent score for the first time I play these chapters since I'm gonna die anyway or use items thanks to that. gotta collect dem stones awards.
also I assume that they really liked Fucker & GetFucked because I met them 5-6 times already, during one of those fights I couldn't even use witch time. gg
the camera can be a bit of a pain the ass sometimes but I'll deal with that.

That was actually Fuckerious and GetFuckedious. If they're golden, you can't use witch time. They are the worst.

I have a quick question that has probably been answered but I couldn't find it via search -

How many Witch Trials chapters are there? IV is already impossible for me!

Similarly, is there any pay-off for beating them all, aside from new Tag Climax cards?

Thanks in advance Bayo-GAF.

Verse cards for the first 4, V is a bit too ridiculous to put a collectible behind and the satisfaction of mastering the game is your reward

fred

Don't know if anyone else has mentioned it but I was really impressed with Bayonetta's fur stole at the beginning of the game. Looked very realistic. Rodin's beard and Father Christmas outfit wasn't as impressive though...maybe because it was white..?

For that tear of blood where you have to freeze 40 types of enemies, do they really mean 40 different kinds of enemies? I didn't even know there where that many enemy types and that you could freeze all of them.

Squishy3

For that tear of blood where you have to freeze 40 types of enemies, do they really mean 40 different kinds of enemies? I didn't even know there where that many enemy types and that you could freeze all of them.
It's probably counting all the different variations of enemies as different types, would be my guess.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
question, lads: if I decide to restart a chapter because I want to platinum a certain event, do i have to re-collect all the stuff and redo trials I already finished?

It's probably counting all the different variations of enemies as different types, would be my guess.

Even so, that will take a while :p. I've only used undine for a short while and only managed to freeze a few enemies before.

question, lads: if I decide to restart a chapter because I want to platinum a certain event, do i have to re-collect all the stuff and redo trials I already finished?
If you don't want your end score to be affected, you have to redo all the events and muspelheims. Collectibles like the crows and files do not appear again. The chests do respawn but contain mostly lollipops now.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
How do you unlock old Bayo costume?

Also is there a guide to all LPs? Seems like I missed a few fragments.

ugoo18

Just finished Bayo 2

So damm good,

In terms of ranking i'd probably place it as my 2nd or so favorite Platinum game

1. TW101
2. Bayo 2
3. Revengeance

The
lack of an epilogue felt weird though (Played it right after finishing Bayo 1), after the cutscene with Balder turning evil i was expecting some sort of rematch. Also the final boss kind of felt a bit flat by Platinum standards, felt like it was missing that Platinum brand spectacle

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The
lack of an epilogue felt weird though (Played it right after finishing Bayo 1), after the cutscene with Balder turning evil i was expecting some sort of rematch. Also the final boss kind of felt a bit flat by Platinum standards, felt like it was missing that Platinum brand spectacle

It's a time loop of sorts.

ugoo18

Yeah i get that, wish the
Aesir battle had something like the Jubileus battle at the end of Bayo 1. As frustrating as that got looking back it was still a pretty sweet battle although nothing has quite lived upto TW101's final boss sequence. The Aesir battle and the humanoid battles in general in Bayo 2 were pretty good for human sized bosses though which is a plus at least

Voror

Anyone have tips for Chapter 9 Verse 3 Muspelheim? The one where you have to kill enemies to get more time? I'm getting closer but still seem to be having trouble finishing them off in time.

I've been using Rakasha, but should I try something else perhaps?

Anyone have tips for Chapter 9 Verse 3 Muspelheim? The one where you have to kill enemies to get more time? I'm getting closer but still seem to be having trouble finishing them off in time.

I've been using Rakasha, but should I try something else perhaps?

Maybe try using the chainsaws, those tear through enemies pretty quickly. I think I cleared that challenge with them. Unless you don't have them yet at that point, I don't remember.

Voror

Maybe try using the chainsaws, those tear through enemies pretty quickly. I think I cleared that challenge with them. Unless you don't have them yet at that point, I don't remember.

Don't have those yet. This is first run through. I think I get them next chapter I believe. I've been able to get to the Greed at the end, but just can't kill that thing fast enough.

Don't have those yet. This is first run through. I think I get them next chapter I believe. I've been able to get to the Greed at the end, but just can't kill that thing fast enough.

Maybe the scythe then? It hits pretty hard and has good reach so try to attack all the smaller enemies at once.

Voror

Maybe the scythe then? It hits pretty hard and has good reach so try to attack all the smaller enemies at once.

Tried it, but couldn't seem to get it. I did manage to beat it just barely though with Rakasha and Love is Blue. Probably the hardest of these things thus far.

Jinjo

Could you maybe explain this further? Just finished it as well and my memory is a bit hazy on Bayonetta 1.

So this game is sort of a prequel to the events of Bayonetta 1, but it plays itself out after Bayonetta 1?

Darksheik

I just defeated
Rodin!

Super happy, that was really hard fight.
Thanks to Monocle for the help as well!

Still, I'm missing the last item in the shop (Climax Brace).
I assume it is related to beating the lost chapter number 5 right? As I did everything else (50/50 umbran tears of blood).

Holy shit, this game is ridiculously better than the first one. More consistent story and settings and not just random shit happening every 5 feet like the last one. I actually semi-understand what's happened.

I played and beat the first one for the first time over the past week, and while the combat was really fun, everything else was bad, in my opinion.

2 fixes all of my problems with the first one (so far, I'm only on Chapter 2), other than the annoying Giga/Megaton button mashing Quick-Time Events which are annoying as shit and pointless.

Holy shit, this game is ridiculously better than the first one. More consistent story and settings and not just random shit happening every 5 feet like the last one. I actually semi-understand what's happened.

Visually, Bayonetta 1 is the ugly duckling in my Wii U collection. After playing so many colorful games on the system including the beautiful Bayonetta 2, I plugged Bayonetta 1 in and couldn't believe how dreadful it looked. It's free though so I'm not complaining. :)

Nintendo did wonders to this franchise.

fred

I think I prefer the first game's way of doing cutscenes with the film strips instead of the moving clock hands that Bayonetta 2 uses, although I guess they had to change that because of the removal of the sepia-ish filter that gave the first game a Noir-ish feel to it.

hao chi

Tried it, but couldn't seem to get it. I did manage to beat it just barely though with Rakasha and Love is Blue. Probably the hardest of these things thus far.

If you hadn't beaten it yet I was going to suggest usinf the Undine. Their Wicked Weaves get shit done.

Mendrox

Played through the whole game in one setting. Didn't go to toilet, haven't eaten anything, finished the story on 2nd Climax. Really felt way easier than Bayonetta 1 (which I played the week before).

Other than that... one of the best games ever. The pacing, system, colors, Bayonetta herself (love her new haircut!) is just perfect. The music gives me a smile.

Hoping for Bayonetta 3 soon. Please Nintendo.

Oh and I have done all these trials and only needed 8 1/2 hours... so I guess I will do another playthrough soon. :)

Top Bottom