• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 |OT| The time has come, and so have Wii!

Astral Dog

maybe, but I'm not too sold on that. I've done only 4 chapters so it's probably too early to judge but it feels definitely much easier so far. also witch time/bat, even when I don't get a good dodge I still get it, I think that they raised the range in which you can dodge and activate it.
having bat unlocked this early and not having cheap traps or QTEs at all obviously helps staying alive, still it doesn't feel as punishing at all.

Dont collect many heart pieces, they are given like candy and can make the difficulty a joke, believe me, wait until you unlock infinite climax.

Finalow

Dont collect much heart pieces, they are given like candy and can make the difficulty a joke, believe me.
yeah I found a lot of them already.

oh, Alfheim portals. so far they're much easier in this game. I completed all of the ones that I've found without even trying.

yeah I found a lot of them already.

oh, Alfheim portals. so far they're much easier in this game. I completed all of the ones that I've found without even trying.

I found a few a bit challenging. Then there is one where you have to
Stay in the air to kill a big guy without touching the ground. I only tried it once because it seemed like the not so fun sort of challenging.

I can't believe I missed several angelic hymns throughout my first playthrough. I noticed I'm missing quite a few weapons in both Bayonetta games. I'm on some inspector gadget shit now.

Bombless

Stay in the air to kill a big guy without touching the ground. I only tried it once because it seemed like the not so fun sort of challenging.

That one was such a biiiitch. Took me 10 tries to beat it.

first time ever i found crow within was awesome

I haven't done that one yet, but couldn't you just use Umbran Spear and the rising afterburner kick along with enemy step to stay airborne easily?

Finally picked up Bayo 2 for WiiU yesterday and I gotta say, this game is really something else. Fantastic combat coupled with rock solid 60fps, I couldn't really ask for more. I like the environment setting as well. The art direction is still as strong as ever.

As for Bayo 1, it basically shits all over the PS3 version. I will never touch the PS3 version ever again.

Also, the first bayonetta design is still the best.

Darmik

I haven't done that one yet, but couldn't you just use Umbran Spear and the rising afterburner kick along with enemy step to stay airborne easily?

Rakshasa on hands and Alruna on feet for me.

Just do that K K K - K combo to wipe out that first wave quickly and then yeah, smash him with combos in midair and use the afterburner kick to gain air if needed.

Just gotta be careful not to button mash and do a slamming combo that sends you to the ground. It took me a few times but it's a good way to learn these sort of techniques.

Hypron

You don't even need to use any attack in particular (just avoid kicks I guess). The enemy is pretty huge so jumping off it is very easy to perform.

Rakshasa on hands and Alruna on feet for me.

Just do that K K K - K combo to wipe out that first wave quickly and then yeah, smash him with combos in midair and use the afterburner kick to gain air if needed.

Just gotta be careful not to button mash and do a slamming combo that sends you to the ground. It took me a few times but it's a good way to learn these sort of techniques.
What I mean is, it should be really easy since you can use enemy step to just jump off of an enemy over and over. You can cancel attacks into it so with Love is Blue, for example, you could do something like PPP enemy step PPP etc. over and over if you really wanted to. If you've ever played DMC3/4 it's the same concept as air combos in those games.
You don't even need to use any attack in particular (just avoid kicks I guess). The enemy is pretty huge so jumping off it is very easy to perform.
I know, just using them as example moves since they can help keep you airborne very easily. If you happen to go too far you can just double tap lock-on to use Umbran Spear right back to them and enemy step again.

random25

Am I the only one that finds Bayo 2 on 3rd climax harder than Bayo 1's Normal (basically 3rd difficulty setting)? Granted that Bayo 2 does not really hide much of the heart pieces and such and the game is pretty generous with items and halos, but enemies on 3rd climax hit like a truck, making evasion all the more necessary. I can survive long enough in Bayo 1 chapters even if I got hit several times without using items. But to be fair though, enemies also drop health recoveries more frequently than Bayo 1 so that probably balances it out.

Finally picked up Bayo 2 for WiiU yesterday and I gotta say, this game is really something else. Fantastic combat coupled with rock solid 60fps, I couldn't really ask for more. I like the environment setting as well. The art direction is still as strong as ever.

As for Bayo 1, it basically shits all over the PS3 version. I will never touch the PS3 version ever again.

I loved Bayo 2 but it isn't rock solid 60fps. There was tons of frame drops throughout the game.

The game runs fairly smooth, but in no way is it anywhere close to being a rock solid 60fps.

Marcus

so, is it ever explained why Jeanne's soul got knocked out of her body by the demon in the beginning of the game? she didnt even get hit that hard compared to other attacks in the game..

Am I the only one that finds Bayo 2 on 3rd climax harder than Bayo 1's Normal (basically 3rd difficulty setting)? Granted that Bayo 2 does not really hide much of the heart pieces and such and the game is pretty generous with items and halos, but enemies on 3rd climax hit like a truck, making evasion all the more necessary. I can survive long enough in Bayo 1 chapters even if I got hit several times without using items. But to be fair though, enemies also drop health recoveries more frequently than Bayo 1 so that probably balances it out.

It seems like there are a lot more big hits from regular enemies this time around.

Darmik

so, is it ever explained why Jeanne's soul got knocked out of her body by the demon in the beginning of the game? she didnt even get hit that hard compared to other attacks in the game..

She was hit in a cutscene though!

I think the hit from Gomorrah killed her and her soul was then claimed by Inferno. This would happen when any Umbra Witch is killed I believe.

Bombless

Well, she didn't protect herself, just shoved Cereza out of the way. But the real reason is plot damage.

Neiteio

I played through the entire game again in one sitting tonight. I think that's a first. o_O

Having beat it twice, I now think the grand finale in Bayo 2 not only plays better than Bayo 1, but is more meaningful and emotionally resonant, as well. But I'll save that topic for another time.

In the meanwhile, enjoy this shot I took of the most awesome combination ever. Ladies and gentleman, I present to you: "The Bad Bitch."

(unlockable weapon spoilers): http://abload.de/img/bayo2-myshot01altyls1r.png

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Holy fucking shit,
Bracelet of time with Alruna
is the most broken shit ever LOL

Edit: My load out right now and seems to be doing REALLY good

Rakshasa/Salamandra
Alruna x2
Evil Harvest Roasary
Bracelet of Time

correojon

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo. Gonna cancel it then and hope the Climax Bible from Enterbrain is better.

Edit:
The Story of 1 is essential for the second game, yes.
Didn´t know about the Climax Bible, it looks much better (300+ pages, that alone tells you something) but...is it in English or only in Japanese?

I bought the Bayo2 prima guide and Im supremely dissapointed.

Its terrible. Compared to the FuturePress Bayo1 bible.
It´s terrible on its own. After buying the W101 guide and this I think I´ve learned my lesson, no more Prima guides they promise too much and deliver too little.

Skittles

I haven't noticed any framerate dips though so far. Then again I'm nowhere near halfway the game so I might be wrong.
There's no huge dips like in the first bayonetta, but it never really ruins consistently at 60fps either. Instead it hovers around the 40fps range and doesn't drop below that

Finished the game tonight and immediately played two hours of Tag Climax lol

This is the best action game ever made, which really isn't a surprise, since it was developed by the action gods at Platinum.

What IS a huge surprise to me is that Bayo 2 has proven that Platinum are now the kings of action games in ALL aspects, including set piece design and huge battles. The one thing I always gave the God of War franchise credit for was the incredible "epic" feel of the games....but Bayonetta 2 has outdone them, in my opinion.

Truly an amazing game.....and with an INSANE amount of extra content to boot! I don't think I've played a game that felt this complete since Resident Evil 4.

Neiteio

I just noticed Rodin's treasures include a "Super Mirror 64," and the description says it includes the Princess Peach outfit. But you can already buy the Princess Peach outfit separately. What's the difference?

I just noticed Rodin's treasures include a "Super Mirror 64," and the description says it includes the Princess Peach outfit. But you can already buy the Princess Peach outfit separately. What's the difference?

Super Mirror 64 allows you to purchase and use the Nintendo costumes from the Wii U port of Bayonetta 1. Bayonetta has her original hairstyle while wearing them.

Top Bottom