• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 Review Thread - Metacritic: one billion-hit combo, buy it kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriken

Is this game really that good? (serious question)

Given the (extremely) low profile of the WiiU and that Nintendo is actually publishing the game, it reeks of publisher money...

xQqDHEe.jpg

Given the (extremely) low profile of the WiiU and that Nintendo is actually publishing the game, it reeks of publisher money...

what kind of drive by trolling is this? nintendo publkshed games are all money hats? cool conspiracy.

Bayonetta 1 was regarded as one of the best action games of the generation in 2009 and it wasnt on a Nintendo system. The game is legitimately great as most people say it is if you are into the character action games. I've seen the game convert people into believers after making them try the demo and Bayo 1 on Xbox.

Look - I was seriously asking here. Never played Bayonetta, but never seen a hack-and-slash game get such high scores like that - it must be that damn good (listening/watching review now).

what kind of drive by trolling is this? nintendo publkshed games are all money hats? cool conspiracy.

It's not - seriously asking here.

Mr-Joker

Banned

The better question is have you actually play any of Platinum games and secondly what do you mean by "reeks of publisher money"?

Bombless

Look - I was seriously asking here. Never played Bayonetta, but never seen a hack-and-slash game get such high scores like that - it must be that damn good (listening/watching review now).

Uhhh...Are you trolling?

The better question is have you actually play any of Platinum games and secondly what do you mean by "reeks of publisher money"?

Conclusion was a tad cynical - I realize that now.

Apologies - I will leave this thread pronto. Congrats to Platinum.

Uhhh...Are you trolling?

Bayonetta 2 (ベヨネッタ 2 Beyonetta Tsū?) is an action hack and slash video game developed by Platinum Games and published by Nintendo for the Wii U, with Sega as the franchise owners serving as its advisor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hack_and_slash

Bayonetta 1 got similar scores and most PG are fairly well reviewed.

No, it's not a good game at all.

The first one that was very well received was a conspiracy amongst publishers and gaming journalists to put a Japanese hardcore action game at the forefront of the industry because it's what the general public has been asking for and will make everyone billions of dollars so they can open up Bayonetta coffee shops and amusement parks and fastfood restaurants.

Phamit

Why should Nintendo do that? Bayonetta 1 was a 90, it's Platinum Game. Games like Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario 3D World reviewed well too and are fantastic games.
Why not push Hyrule Warriors with money, Zelda is the bigger franchise after all. A 91 Game with link on the cover would be the bigger seller.

Nothing to doubt the reviews in my opinion.

GamerSoul

ya'll better buy this game. I don't have a WiiU yet but I played Bayo 1 it was a classic and I'm not surprised that this one is too.

Mlatador

Banned

Don't you have friend who owns a Wii U? He could download it and you could play it there. This would be the easiest way to experience "first hand" what everyone is talking about. The first Bayonetta completely went under my radar, but after playing the demo for Bayo 2 I couldn't believe how good it is and now I'm hyped to play 1 as well. And don't forget, what you see on internet videos (youtube and the likes) runs at HALF the framerate the actual game is running. The 60 FPS smoothness compared with the insanely detail and smoothness of the animations is really a sight to behold.

I'm genuinely surprised the game is getting so many 10s. I played a little of the original and it was very well put together but this must be on another level. I'm generally not a fan of the DMC-type action games but I'll give this one a look if there's a B2G1 deal soon. I still need my Alien and The Evil Within horror fix this fall!

Bayonetta 1 got similar scores and most PG are fairly well reviewed.

Fair enough - my bad. I take a 10 from Gamespot very seriously (for some reason) and the first game didn't get one - that's what drew my attention here.

Look guys, I apologize. Didn't mean to "troll" or anything. Had a very cynical take on the scores initially (given what's happening these days with game reviews).

javac

Trade in some games???

I hate selling games for some reason, I get sentimental over them with the hundreds of hours I put into them (weird I know!) but I may sell DKCTF since I've completed that. I'll probably buy it again when I get more money down the line. Such a good game!

Raxus

too be fair mad world and anarchy reigns are not that great. w101, bayonetta and metal gear revengence are some of the best action games out there
Mad World and AR didn't light up the review charts I thought. I know W101 was received better on GAF more than critics.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Fair enough - my bad. I take a 10 from Gamespot very seriously (for some reason) and the first game didn't get one - that's what drew my attention here.

Look guys, I apologize. Didn't mean to "troll" or anything. Had a very cynical take on the scores initially (given what's happening these days with game reviews).

What is happening these days with game reviews?

I must have missed actual score buyoffs being exposed.

I didn't think Gamespot would give it a 10 but these reviews are pretty much expected due to the reception the first game got.

I thought Eurogamer would give it a 10 and Gamespot give it a 9.

I initially thought that picture was showing Bayonetta 2 as #2 on the sales charts, but it's actually #7. I guess it's #2 in increased sales or something, but I can't find anything like that on Amazon's site.

I hate selling games for some reason, I get sentimental over them with the hundreds of hours I put into them (weird I know!) but I may sell DKCTF since I've completed that. I'll probably buy it again when I get more money down the line. Such a good game!

No, goddammnit it, dude, not Donkey Kong.

I'm never offering advice ever again.

It would cost them a ton of money to moneyhat so many 10s and Nintendo isnt willing to invest in normal/moral marketing.

Out of curiosity, for people who have ordered Bayonetta 2 from Amazon, what does your estimated shipping date say?

Mine says October 28th, which is no fucking bueno.

javac

No, goddammnit it, dude, not Donkey Kong.

I'm never offering advice ever again.

Haha damn, trust me that game is my GOTY. I got it day one and love it to hell and back. It just seems to fetch a pretty penny these days and isn't too expensive on the market brand new as apposed to other Nintendo titles like 3D World and MK8 so repurchasing DKCTF down the line might be cheaper in the long run. We'll see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom