• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 Review Thread - Metacritic: one billion-hit combo, buy it kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLiquid

PlatinumGames Inc. ‏@platinumgames 23m
Two years since we surprised you with the return of the Umbra... Ready for an all new #Bayonetta2!? 6 days to go!

vOs2OhE.gif

I still remember that day and how I literally screamed.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Another Friday 9-5 peasant checking in. I contemplated taking the Friday off but I figure I'll have the rest of the weekend with it anyways.

Honestly surprised at the review scores.

Nintendo should keep doing this, publish games from talented developers that wouldn't otherwise get made. Solidify a hardcore library that justifies the Wii U as a second console.

there is a hope that devils third ... ah forget it

Principate

Saint Titanfall
there is a hope that devils third ... ah forget it

Devils 3rd has chance if it's polished to hell and back by Nintendo, as far as I heard the game is content complete, the fact we haven't been hearing from it implies to me that Nintendo knows it looks very rough. Hopefully it can get sorted out.

Nintendo should keep doing this, publish games from talented developers that wouldn't otherwise get made. Solidify a hardcore library that justifies the Wii U as a second console.

It seems it's at least part if their strategy with Devils Third Also fittng the bill. They also seem to be getting some collaborations with Hyrule Warriors, SMT X FE, Starfox, etc...

Devils 3rd has chance if it's polished to hell and back by Nintendo, as far as I heard the game is content complete, the fact we haven't been hearing from it implies to me that Nintendo knows it looks very rough. Hopefully it can get sorted out.

so there is hope :D.

I also hope that nintendo can pick up some of the smaller devs and fund them to make games (mistwalker.please make last story 2)

MDX

Second?

Its great as a primary.

alf717

I think the reveal had more of an impact on me from the responses the game was getting towards being Wii U exclusive. I knew very little about the Bayonetta and almost bought the game just to see how it plays. So glad I waited cause the current price tag for two games is an amazing deal to me. The demo really impressed me unlike the Wonderful 101 demo. I went in with very low hype but that demo sold me on the game. I plan to pick it up when the game releases next week.

Revenile

What he´s saying is that he already mentioned v-sync, so saying "and no tearing" is straight Thomson and Thompson territory. :)

OK I gotta facepalm, I completely missed that part of the original post when I replied initially. Another reason reading is for chumps xD

Scum

just a few more days, this better sell with all the hype it has been getting from the high reviews

it at least deserves a Bayo3 nod :3

Nintendo should just acquire the IP from Sega.

Somewhere in that thread there's a collection of the butthurt. I almost feel that as a celebration of the game coming out we should drag them through the mud in the OP one last time.

They'll just ruin the thread. Best not to bother.

AdanVC

After seeing Hyrule Warriors open with 190k in US per NPD, I think Bayonetta could do 125k-150k in Oct. Nintendo is actively marketing the game, the early embargo lift with perfect scores has given the game tons of attention, and the demo release was well timed. Hell, maybe it'll match Hyrule Warriors and so near 200k for launch. I feel like Bayonetta 2 may surprise us.

This! Actually I'm quite optimistic about Bayonetta 2 this time... It's been making lot's of positive buzz this past couple weeks, at least more than TW101 and any other game on Wii U since MK8. The fact that is the highest rated game so far this year will definitely convince some people here and there to buy the game or purchase a Wii U.

This! Actually I'm quite optimistic about Bayonetta 2 this time... It's been making lot's of positive buzz this past couple weeks, at least more than TW101 and any other game on Wii U since MK8. The fact that is the highest rated game so far this year will definitely convince some people here and there to buy the game or purchase a Wii U.

Some halfway decent sales would be my personal christmas miracle.

Man, one can hope....

Jesus. Based on 46 reviews. Mario Kart 8 has over 80 with an average score of 88. I'm not sure Bayo 2 will collect that many or not but it's still very impressive. I now have to buy a game in a genre that I'm not even a fan of. Hopefully with the B2G1 deal.

strobogo

Banned
My cousin has the Japanese version and I played it. Wasn't into it at all. I didn't play the first one, but I did play and love MGR. It's so simple and very flash over substance.

AniHawk

Jesus. Based on 46 reviews. Mario Kart 8 has over 80 with an average score of 88. I'm not sure Bayo 2 will collect that many or not but it's still very impressive. I now have to buy a game in a genre that I'm not even a fan of. Hopefully with the B2G1 deal.

i normally don't care for action games either, but i love bayonetta and devil may cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom