• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

Daigoro

huh. i never even realized it took off health. i figured it was unavoidable to get hit with that attack. same thing with the black hole attack, but in a panic i turned into the crow in a panic move and didnt get sucked in.

Nemesis_

Daigoro said:
huh. i never even realized it took off health. i figured it was unavoidable to get hit with that attack. same thing with the black hole attack, but in a panic i turned into the crow in a panic move and didnt get sucked in.

For the Black Hole I just stilettoed my way out of there. =D

Has anyone found a use for holding down RB with the Sword equipped until Bayonetta has drawn the circle in the air? I know if you press the P button it fires some kind of lazer but having trouble putting it to use.

SmokinGunZ1981 said:
Has anyone found a use for holding down RB with the Sword equipped until Bayonetta has drawn the circle in the air? I know if you press the P button it fires some kind of lazer but having trouble putting it to use.

Whhhhhhhaaaaaattttt?

Daigoro

havent seen that yet? :lol

ive only used it in training. takes so long to charge up ive never even hit anything with it yet.

Alx

Daigoro said:

The crow works against the black hole ? I usually turn into a panther and try to run away, but it's always a close call (if you're close to the hole and don't run in the opposite direction of the center, you're dead :( ).

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
SmokinGunZ1981 said:

MIND BLOWN

Monocle

SmokinGunZ1981 said:
It works for the beginning of the secret verse in Chapter 2 when you're running down the long hallway. Sometimes you can squeeze one in when you're on top of the cars in Chapter 8 if there's not very many enemies left.

As far as I can tell, it's only useful in hallways like the one I just described. The attack takes so long to charge that your time would probably be better spent using panther form to get close enough to start a melee combo. Looks wicked though.

Net_Wrecker said:
Whhhhhhhaaaaaattttt?

:lol

I was in an Alfheim portal near the end of the game when I handed my friend the controller because my phone rang. He grabbed it with one hand and his finger held the R1 button as he was grabbing it. I nearly shat myself when I saw Bayonetta draw a circle with the sword.

Feindflug

Net_Wrecker said:
On 360: RB on the Start/Save/Gates of Hell screen

The submenu is almost hidden...yesterday I talked to a friend that he was so mad about not being able to replay the Alfheim missions, he also started the game again on Normal from scratch to get secrets/unlockables and beat Alfheims..I was WTF? well it turned out that he didn't know about the mission select option. :lol

BTW yesterday I got a Platinum on Chapter II which was almost a flawless run...the game is pure videogame action orgasm when you know what you're doing. :D

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Using the bangle of time while you do it could work too, but you could do a lot more with the magic you'd spend on it.

Monocle

ShockingAlberto said:
So you can equip them on your hands and feet at once.

So, basically no point.
Someone hasn't tried charging the kicks in an aerial PPPKKK with quadruple Onyx Roses. Or experienced pure awesome in the form of quad Durgas.

Papercuts said:
Using the bangle of time while you do it could work too, but you could do a lot more with the magic you'd spend on it.
Heh, that thought occurred to me, but I dismissed it as a stupid idea. :D

Edit:
MarkMclovin said:
Oh man, I'm about to go out and buy either this, Borderlands or Darksiders.

Anyone have all 3?
I rented Borderlands and liked it a lot. I'm trying to decide if I should trade Assassin's Creed 2 toward a purchase of Darksiders. I should probably rent it first, but that'll cost me $10, dammit.

MarkMclovin said:

Anyone have all 3?

What do you like more? Shooters, adventure, or action games? That should answer your question. I think all three would be good buys.

Monocle said:
It works for the beginning of the secret verse in Chapter 2 when you're running down the long hallway. Sometimes you can squeeze one in when you're on top of the cars in Chapter 8 if there's not very many enemies left.

As far as I can tell, it's only useful in hallways like the one I just described. The attack takes so long to charge that your time would probably be better spent using panther form to get close enough to start a melee combo. Looks wicked though.
It sounds scary, too. I remember performing it accidentally on a loading screen. I thought I summoned the devil, or something. :lol

Nemesis_

MarkMclovin said:

Anyone have all 3?

Borderlands was epic as I played it four player co-operative, but once it was finished there really wasn't anything to do. DLC was pretty lacklustre as well.

Darksiders started off awesome and then towards the end I found it to be wayyyyyyy too long and too drab. I know my opinion is in the minority though. It's essentially Zelda with God of War's battle system (but with half the charm if you ask me. >_>)

Bayonetta still to this day entertains me. The combat system is so much better than Darksiders (though to be fair, it's not Darksiders' "point" to have a good combat system) and there's a lot of post game content to unlock as well. I've sunk about 50 hours into Bayonetta and am not bored yet. =)

Miburou

You know what has always bothered me about Bayonetta, since day 1? In the intro the elder witch says "in your wickedness, you have broken the ancient commandments..." as if wickedness is an undesirable trait for a witch. But they're supposed to be wicked and their attacks contain wicked weave. Bad choice of words I guess. :lol

Daigoro

akachan ningen said:
What do you like more? Shooters, adventure, or action games? That should answer your question. I think all three would be good buys.

Borderlands isnt really much of a shooter honestly. more of an RPG loot hoarding game with guns.

i enjoyed it for about 2 playthroughs and 2 weeks, but had zero desire to go back. i traded it in for Bayonetta and dont regret it at all.

Giolon

I finally gave Hard a try. I didn't have much problem with Verse 1 of the Prologue but holy hell Verse 2 with 3 Gracious/Glorious trying to face rape me as I tried to pull off torture attacks sure put me through my paces. I went through 3 Hot Shots. o_0 I'm going to really have to step up my game...

Nemesis556 said:
Borderlands was epic as I played it four player co-operative, but once it was finished there really wasn't anything to do. DLC was pretty lacklustre as well.

Darksiders started off awesome and then towards the end I found it to be wayyyyyyy too long and too drab. I know my opinion is in the minority though. It's essentially Zelda with God of War's battle system (but with half the charm if you ask me. >_>)

Bayonetta still to this day entertains me. The combat system is so much better than Darksiders (though to be fair, it's not Darksiders' "point" to have a good combat system) and there's a lot of post game content to unlock as well. I've sunk about 50 hours into Bayonetta and am not bored yet. =)

Cheers man. I think I'm gonna go for Borderlands first, finish it then trade it for Bayonetta. I'll wait for Darksiders to come down in price.

Giolon said:
I finally gave Hard a try. I didn't have much problem with Verse 1 of the Prologue but holy hell Verse 2 with 3 Gracious/Glorious trying to face rape me as I tried to pull off torture attacks sure put me through my paces. I went through 3 Hot Shots. o_0 I'm going to really have to step up my game...

put on evil harvest rosary and moon of mahaa-kalaa.. it's easier to dodge spam/parry them to death and you will get experience for climax mode

Trojan X

Banned
OH my days!! I KNEW IT!! That Bayonetta Collectors Edition guide is SICK!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch1U73QXTsY&hd=1

The trailer just came out. DAMN! THis isn't a guide, it's a damn training bible!

I'm buying it, regardless if I have already mastered the game or not, something like this justs NEED to be in my collection together with my Bayonetta gun, 150 song CD, the CD that game with the game, the song used in the Japanese commercial and my artbook. I'm completing my Bayonetta collection.

Daigoro

MarkMclovin said:
Cheers man. I think I'm gonna go for Borderlands first, finish it then trade it for Bayonetta. I'll wait for Darksiders to come down in price.

good call. go for the mediocre offering first. enjoy it, get it out of your system and then go for the gusto.

Bayonetta will wait patiently for you. ;)

Trojan X said:

The trailer just came out. DAMN! THis isn't a guide, it's a damn training bible!

I'm buying it, regardless if I have already mastered the game or not, something like this justs NEED to be in my collection together with my Bayonetta gun, 150 song CD, the CD that game with the game, the song used in the Japanese commercial and my artbook. I'm completing my Bayonetta collection.

damn, i im going to get it too, looks damn hot. edit: WOW nice trailer! :eek: some sweet combos in that vid.

questions:

150 song CD, you mean the box set? (and the song from the JP commercial isnt included somehow i assume?)

what CD came with the game? is this the Japanese or Euro release?

and which art book? is that even out yet? i havent seen it around.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
this training guide... i will buy it. awesome game.

5kj11h.jpg

I've been naughty.

Trojan X

Banned
Daigoro said:
damn, i im going to get it too, looks damn hot. edit: WOW nice trailer! :eek: some sweet combos in that vid.

questions:

150 song CD, you mean the box set? (and the song from the JP commercial isnt included somehow i assume?)

what CD came with the game? is this the Japanese or Euro release?

and which art book? is that even out yet? i havent seen it around.

The CD got every single song from the game, it doesn't have the one from the commercial. The commercial song is called "Something Missing" by "Michi".

The Artbook is in Japan, it looks very nice. I've heard there suppose to be an artbook in the Limited Edition of Bayonetta but that one is pretty crappy.

Beezy

SmokinGunZ1981 said:
No, but I found out that if you press the button when the circle is half drawn (there's a sound indicator), she lets out like a shot instead of a full laser.

Trojan X

Banned
navii said:
this training guide... i will buy it. awesome game.

I've already placed my order for the collectors edition.

I still cannot believe that trailer. For the first Angel he didn't even let it touch the ground!!

Sick! Just sick!

Trojan X

Banned
micster said:
Damn. That guide is very very tempting. Play are selling it for £15 it looks like so I might get tempted to pick it up

Yes, that's the one I'm getting, the Collector's Edition! Heck, I just noticed all those videos too. I think even without the videos the guide feels worth it but now with all those videos this game feels like a steel!

12928088x.jpg

I still can't believe that video. For those who haven't seen that sick video yet check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch1U73QXTsY&hd=1

Godly.

That video was cool. Loved the throwing the frozen enemy onto the Durga bomb and pulling the other enemy onto a bomb with the whip. Never thought of doing that. Also the 360 spin with the durgas seems a lot more useful than I thought it was.

I'm getting the guide, I know one of the guys (not personally) that worked on it and he really knows his stuff when it comes to games like this.

LiK

Trojan X said:
I've already placed my order for the collectors edition.

I still cannot believe that trailer. For the first Angel he didn't even let it touch the ground!!

Sick! Just sick!
This is UK exclusive?

Trojan X said:

There's a trailer for the guide :lol? Awesome.

I've had it pre-ordered so. Should get it soon!

iconoclast said:
Some day my OCD will get to me and I will do it. All dem shiny platinums...

How much kilgore glitching/exploiting did you do?

Also you mentioned being 'halfway through hard' 3 days ago. Did you play the game 24/7? Seems like a waste to do all that and not record vids.

mjemirzian said:
How much kilgore glitching/exploiting did you do?

Also you mentioned being 'halfway through hard' 3 days ago. Did you play the game 24/7? Seems like a waste to do all that and not record vids.

Buy me a capture card and I'll happily record vids!

Didn't touch the Kilgore on Infinite Climax (Katana/Durga and Nunchucks/Bazillion was my loadout 97% of the time, along with Gaze of Despair and the Rosary 99% of the time).

Trojan X

Banned
LiK said:
This is UK exclusive?

My friend said that something is being planned for the US for sure. Currently, the guide will be promo in EU and Japan. I've heard even Platinum Games will do something with it. INSANE - Talk about a SEAL OF APPROVAL! This guide is legit in every detail.

I can't wait!

Top Bottom