• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

Minamu

LiK said:
Did you also get the Odette perfume? complete the look :lol
I probably have. Haven't tried any of those costumes yet. Don't think there's anything else to buy at the moment & I still have almost 900k to waste :lol

Augemitbutter said:
it has been mentioned several times :)
Oh okay. Well it made several encounters even easier :lol Awesome. Pretty good for speedruns.

Generic said:
I'm having trouble with Verse 2 of the missile riding part. I managed to get platinium on the first part. However, I keep getting silver in verse 2. I'm almost entirely focusing on getting no hits, but it seems my combo has suffered for it. I can't understand why though. I shoot the Dears out of the sky and I kill just about everything I can. I don't use missiles as I like to save that for the final boss. Perhaps I should use them on common enemies more often?

What am I doing wrong gaf?
I thought verse 2 was a lot easier o_O You can get hit 4-5 times I believe (on normal, same on hard etc? dunno) & still get a platinum overall. I used missiles for the big snakes to kill them off faster. I had an almost full missile set by the time the boss showed up. I generally try to hit both shooting bullets either by rolling my thumb over X+Y or double tapping like on a mouse. Everything dies a lot faster this way.

Roto13

Generic said:
I'm having trouble with Verse 2 of the missile riding part. I managed to get platinium on the first part. However, I keep getting silver in verse 2. I'm almost entirely focusing on getting no hits, but it seems my combo has suffered for it. I can't understand why though. I shoot the Dears out of the sky and I kill just about everything I can. I don't use missiles as I like to save that for the final boss. Perhaps I should use them on common enemies more often?

Well, if you're going for the trophy/achievement for platinuming both the first and second verses, don't be afraid to use purple lolipops to get some magic and gain more missiles for the boss. They don't affect your verse ranking, just the award you get at the end of the level. You can also do it on Easy or Very Easy. :p

If you're trying to get a platinum award at the end of the level, it would be worth your time to collect 50 Tears of Blood to unlock the accessory that regenerates your magic. That's basically unlimited missiles.

Either way, try to kill everything. I've heard of a lot of people playing those verses completely defensively, but you need to be offensive too if you want a decent rank. :p

iconoclast said:
30agmr7.jpg

Feel free to challenge any one of those scores. I just hope you know there's plenty of ways to score well without a combo exploit. You can get a 999999 score for a chapter in a single Angel Arm Alfheim, for example. For the giant boss stages, electric durgas are all you need (you actually score way lower with the Kilgore exploit on those stages, as far as I can tell). Then there's just the basics of keeping your combo going during long verses (you can link the graveyard and car area of the prologue if you're quick enough)...

edit: Also, about the nunchucks, they are good for comboing enraged enemies, since I have Gaze of Despair equipped the entire time. I don't use them often though, Katana/Durga is all you really need. Sometimes I'd switch them out with the Bazillion hands or whip, but that's about it.

Can I call you Jubileus?

iconoclast said:
Feel free to challenge any one of those scores. I just hope you know there's plenty of ways to score well without a combo exploit. You can get a 999999 score for a chapter in a single Angel Arm Alfheim, for example. For the giant boss stages, electric durgas are all you need (you actually score way lower with the Kilgore exploit on those stages, as far as I can tell). Then there's just the basics of keeping your combo going during long verses (you can link the graveyard and car area of the prologue if you're quick enough)...

Interestingly, that 'parano1a ag3nt' score on the leaderboards that you posted a picture of has been there for as long as I've been checking it. Yet you claim to have done this just recently?

The harvest rosary lowers your score because it kills weaker angels more quickly that you could have spent time beating on.. why didn't you keep it off and go for #1 on the leaderboards or something? That entry there is already near the top 10.. in fact it is in the top 10 for a couple chapters. I'm not talking about 999999 in a chapter, which can be pretty easily done (no clue why they capped the chapter display at 999999 in ALL while showing the real score in each individual chapter result) but chapter scores that are millions higher than they should be without the glitch. I've never seen vids of people getting scores that high without using the glitch, so I'd be very interested in seeing just what you're doing that is getting the scores so ridiculously high, higher than hundreds of thousands of other players, without using the glitch that is known to produce such effects.

Just for reference, here is the most legit looking PP climax run I've seen anywhere. Note that his scores are nowhere near the extremes seen at the top of the leaderboards.

http://zoome.jp/nekopunch/movie_list

RSB

Banned
LOL, the Kilgore Glitch is amazing. I just got 37 million halos on a single fight (Chapter II Boss) I already have everything (legitimately) unlocked, so I can´t use all that money, but it's cool nonetheless.

Bayonetta is incredible, definitely the best action game of all time (imo, at least) And the best thing is, the more I play it, the more I like it :D

Bye ;)

LiK

alright just started the PS3 version. colors look paler, it's a lot more apparent during the practice loading screen. hrm. maybe i need to adjust in the in-game brightness.

edit: guess adjusting the in-game brightness doesn't work, oh well

Working my way through achievements, and I have a few questions...

Touch and it will REALLY hurt - Do I have to be surrounded by enemies, or can I just pick out an angel, and wait for it to attack 3 times?

Come Here, Little Boy - Same basic questions - 5 times ever, or 5 times right in a row?

Platinum Ticket - Do I need 10,000,000 in my inventory, or is a cumulative ever thing?

Thanks in Advance.

Giolon

Generic said:

Missles are what build up your combo score. Your best opportunity in Verse 2 to rack up the points is during the 3 dragon (Inspired?) encounter. Kill the first one with rapid fire bullets (alternating between the two fire buttons or mashing the hell out of one of them is much faster than the auto-repeat fire). Then, just use the auto-repeat fire shooting the other two to hold onto your combo meter and when you dodge a fireball for witch time, shoot the hell out of the other two dragons with missles. You should end up with at least a 7.5 multiplier which will be high enough to get you a platinum in Combo score for the verse - assuming you did a good job of just shooting everything else down.

Giolon

bmf said:

Touch and it will REALLY hurt - Do I have to be surrounded by enemies, or can I just pick out an angel, and wait for it to attack 3 times?

Come Here, Little Boy - Same basic questions - 5 times ever, or 5 times right in a row?

Platinum Ticket - Do I need 10,000,000 in my inventory, or is a cumulative ever thing?

Thanks in Advance.

One will do, 3 in a row.

Assuming this is the taunt achievement, it's 5 in a row. Use Gaze of Despair and kill 5 guys w/o getting hit.

Cumulative ever.

Tokubetsu

Trojan X said:
My friend said that something is being planned for the US for sure. Currently, the guide will be promo in EU and Japan. I've heard even Platinum Games will do something with it. INSANE - Talk about a SEAL OF APPROVAL! This guide is legit in every detail.

I can't wait!

Jesus christ dude, you sound like a salesman. Talk like a normal poster!

Roto13 said:
Platinum Ticket costs a million halos anyway, though, so, uh, don't spend them all on cheats. :p
I'm pretty fucked on Hard mode, and I don't even want to think about infinite climax mode. I cheated my way into pillow talk and bazillions, and the only other cheat I want at this point is the climax bracelet. I'm hoping to end up with 43 achievements.

Neckbeard

LiK said:
alright just started the PS3 version. colors look paler, it's a lot more apparent during the practice loading screen. hrm. maybe i need to adjust in the in-game brightness.

Would you say that someone who has zero exposure to either version would be let down by the PS3 version?

In other words, Should I dust off the 360 for this game?:D

Giolon

Neckbeard said:
Would you say that someone who has zero exposure to either version would be let down by the PS3 version?

If you have access to a 360, it's worth playing on 360 over PS3.

Calibrated Chaos said:
Just picked this up and about to jump in. Anything I should know before I jump in? (such as what to spend currency on, etc.)

Buy techniques, Witch Hearts, and Moon Pearls first.

If you find yourself getting hit a lot then buy the Selene's Light Accessory, otherwise get accessories only after you buy the previously mentioned things.

Explore levels thoroughly for power-ups and LP pieces.

XenoRaven

Fimbulvetr said:
Quoted this, because I didn't really do it because I didn't want to reflect negatively on my time score. Turns out time between battles doesn't count towards your score. So yeah, explore. There are some secrets you can find by backtracking after fighting a certain battle. So make sure to do that when you can/feel like it.

bmf said:

Thanks in Advance.

You can pick out any angel. You have to do it in a row - just put on the gaze of despair accessory and start killing. The Plat Ticket is a cumulative thing, but you'll be playing for a LONG time unless you put on lightning durgas and go farm the ch 7 boss for about 1-1.5 mil per run.

>Turns out time between battles doesn't count towards your score.

This is only half true. Time between battles counts against your ALL/leaderboard score, but doesn't count against each verse score if you are not in a verse at the moment.

iconoclast said:
5kj11h.jpg

I've been naughty.

WOW...I think you have officially unlocked the ability to drop kick anyone in real life who questions your dedication and passion towards any project or piece of work you may contribute to society.

Congratulations on a job well done, sir!

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Holy hell, I was looking at Platinum videos on Youtube, to try and learn some tricks and I stumbled upon a video of the PS3 version. I was amazed that the game didn't look all that much different than the 360 version and I wondered what the reviewers had been smoking.

Then the player hit a loading screen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBBsPSEzc1w#t=3m40s

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

What the bloody fuck, was Sega thinking? If you have the 360 version and are wondering what the PS3 version is like, you need to see this. This needs a patch, stat. This is Sonic The Hedgehogz 06 levels of retard.

LiK

Neckbeard said:

gawd yes. the loading is just uber annoying compared to the 360 version. it seems to need to load anything like the lil graphics for the items and it even needs to load the Alfheim handicaps title card. i also found that when you go to your menu, it takes like 1-2 sec for the weapon/item menu to pop in. it's instant with the 360 version. and during the in-game cutscenes, there are moments where it even has some framerate hiccups.

not sure how Sega let this happen, but if they could add a patch/optional install to fix these loading issues, then the experience would be better.

playing the the PS3 port of Bayonetta is like playing the Chrono Trigger port for the PS1 :(

Minamu

TheCardPlayer said:
Holy hell, I was looking at Platinum videos on Youtube, to try and learn some tricks
Links! :D I've only looked at someone called hypersakura something.

Would be pretty cool to see something from dmc3/4 as well.

Fimbulvetr said:
Buy techniques, Witch Hearts, and Moon Pearls first.

If you find yourself getting hit a lot then buy the Selene's Light Accessory, otherwise get accessories only after you buy the previously mentioned things.

Thanks a lot. :D

Also has there been any word on DLC?

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Minamu said:
Links! :D I've only looked at someone called hypersakura something.

Would be pretty cool to see something from dmc3/4 as well.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SARenegade

That guy. His gameplay is awesome. I've learnt quite a bit already. I already have Platinums for the chapters, his videos cover, but he's getting Pure Plats on Infinite Climax, with ease. So good.

Aske

For the last couple of hours I've been attempting the chapter 6 Hard mode Alfheim so I can grab that damn crow. I know it's been discussed in the thread recently, but for those who don't know, it's "finish 7 enemies with torture attacks and kill everything else within the time limit". Three waves of angels. First up are four or five flaming Affinities (regular angels) and one Ardor (armoured berserker type), also flaming. Three hits and you're dead. The slightest touch counts as a hit - and don't kill them too quickly or they run out of life before you can fill your magic meter for the TA.

My strategy for the first wave was to focus on the Ardor with the handguns, nailing him with combos in witch time to build up magic. Because he has so much health, this usually allowed me to take out most of the other angels and get around four out of the seven torture kills. If I was lucky, I'd have full health for wave 2: another flaming Ardor and two Fairness. For these guys I switch to the Bazillions, because unlike wave one, I want to whittle down their health pretty hard as I build up magic; and I want to do it from a distance. When one of the three hits <50% health, I'll hit a torture attack and take it out.

Last attempt I had just beaten wave 2, I'd taken no hits, and I only needed one more torture kill, because I'd accidentally ground down a Fairness a little too hard. No problem, wave 3.

Wave 3 is three Joys. They're not on fire, so that's a plus, but they have such speed and variety of attacks that they can nail three hits before you can blink. These are aggressive, Hard mode Joys. Still using the Bazillions so I can keep my distance, I grind them down and kill one with a torture. I get tagged by a feather attack, but no big deal. Mission all but complete. Just need to finish off the last two Joys. I take out one of them so cleanly I'd swear I could smell fresh linen wafting out of my 360.

Ready to move on to the last one, I hear an ominous rhythmic ticking. I glance up at the clock for the first time and watch it tick down from four seconds to zero as I vainly rush over to hack away at the remaining Joy whose health bar is almost full.

Time over.

So I'm done with Bayonetta for tonight.

Nemesis_

Aske said:
For the last couple of hours I've been attempting the chapter 6 Hard mode Alfheim so I can grab that damn crow. I know it's been discussed in the thread recently, but for those who don't know, it's "finish 7 enemies with torture attacks and kill everything else within the time limit". Three waves of angels. First up are four or five flaming Affinities (regular angels) and one Ardor (armoured berserker type), also flaming. Three hits and you're dead. The slightest touch counts as a hit - and don't kill them too quickly or they run out of life before you can fill your magic meter for the TA.

My strategy for the first wave was to focus on the Ardor with the handguns, nailing him with combos in witch time to build up magic. Because he has so much health, this usually allowed me to take out most of the other angels and get around four out of the seven torture kills. If I was lucky, I'd have full health for wave 2: another flaming Ardor and two Fairness. For these guys I switch to the Bazillions, because unlike wave one, I want to whittle down their health pretty hard as I build up magic; and I want to do it from a distance. When one of the three hits <50% health, I'll hit a torture attack and take it out.

Last attempt I had just beaten wave 2, I'd taken no hits, and I only needed one more torture kill, because I'd accidentally ground down a Fairness a little too hard. No problem, wave 3.

Wave 3 is three Joys. They're not on fire, so that's a plus, but they have such speed and variety of attacks that they can nail three hits before you can blink. These are aggressive, Hard mode Joys. Still using the Bazillions so I can keep my distance, I grind them down and kill one with a torture. I get tagged by a feather attack, but no big deal. Mission all but complete. Just need to finish off the last two Joys. I take out one of them so cleanly I'd swear I could smell fresh linen wafting out of my 360.

Ready to move on to the last one, I hear an ominous rhythmic ticking. I glance up at the clock for the first time and watch it tick down from four seconds to zero as I vainly rush over to hack away at the remaining Joy whose health bar is almost full.

Time over.

This is my last Umbran Tear of Blood and I just can't fucking do it no matter how much I try. I get to the Joys with all 7 torture attacks and then they just rape me.

To speed up the process, I equip Eternal Testimony, for what it's worth. ;)

Korey

Aske said:

Time over.

I haven't even attempted hard yet, but have you tried using the whip on the fire dudes? For the Torture Attack alfheims on normal, the whip was a godsend. Ignores fire, auto-aims from across the room, and builds magic really fast with the gaze of despair. So just take care of your torture quota and then you can focus on killing the rest normally.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Aske said:

Time over.

I feel your pain. It took me a loooong ass time to do that.

I always used dual Scarborough Fair and the accessory that charges magic when you taunt (although I'd only actually taunt during the first wave). The SF really ratchet up your magic, particularly in witch-time.

My problem always became killing the last three joys without dying. I could get to the Joys with seven or eight torture kills under my belt with a good 2-2.5 minutes left on most occasions, but killing those god damn Joy was difficult.

If I already had seven torture kills by the time I had killed both Fearless in Wave 2, I'd taunt the hell out of that last Ardor so that I'd have three full bars of magic ready to torture the hell out of the Joy in Wave 3.

In the end it was a mix of luck, skill and a last-minute magic recharge that got me through the challenge. The only advice I can give is to remember that when in witch-time, you get a shit-load of magic through a relatively quick PK combo if you hold down the button after every attack punch/kick.

Good luck.

After trying to beat
Rodin
for an hour, I gave up and cheated with the climax bracelet kilgore spam. Seriously, it's such a ridiculous fight. Wish you could use the bracelet in angel slayer. Got to the last fight in verse 4 before getting massacred.

I think I'm done with this game for a while. I did pretty much everything I wanted to do. Still can't believe I went through the game 3 times.

Roto13

Rez said:
I feel your pain. It took me a loooong ass time to do that.

I always used dual Scarborough Fair and the accessory that charges magic when you taunt (although I'd only actually taunt during the first wave).
You always get magic when you taunt. :p

-PXG-

I hated the demo, but bought the game on a whim. God damn! The final product is so much better. Love every bit so far.

I have the PS3 version. Besides SOME frame drops, the only glaring issue are the load times. Other than that, the game's fine

Stack this one next to the kilgore glitch. Unlimited Magic Flutes glitch.

Bind the magic flute to any directional pad press. Exit the menu. Now just go back into the menu and use the magic flute from there. It won't be deducted from your inventory and won't count against your score. Do not use it from the D-pad or it will actually use the item and count against you like it should.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
mjemirzian said:
Stack this one next to the kilgore glitch. Unlimited Magic Flutes glitch.

Bind the magic flute to any directional pad press. Exit the menu. Now just go back into the menu and use the magic flute from there. It won't be deducted from your inventory and won't count against your score. Do not use it from the D-pad or it will actually use the item and count against you like it should.

Wow, doesn't count against you? I never actually used one of those but I'm atleast assuming with that your combo score would be pretty shit.

Papercuts said:
Wow, doesn't count against you? I never actually used one of those but I'm atleast assuming with that your combo score would be pretty shit.

Not true. If you abuse the kilgore glitch in conjunction with this, you will easily beat any combo score regardless if you use a magic flute or two to destroy 4-5 weaker angels (affinities, enchants, etc.) at a time. The AOE radius is pretty wide too.

Not that I'll be doing any such exploiting.

I'm really getting annoyed at the lack of button reconfig. Putting dodge on the mushy trigger makes it less reliable than an actual click button.. especially the 360 controller.

goldenpp72

Hey, I beat the game on climax and now I wanna go for the tears.. is there a way to tell how many I have? It doesnt list them for me..

So im about 3/4 the way through my first play through on normal, im wondering if theres any way to do some halo farming in normal so when i tackle hard, ill have most of the shit unlocked?

Daigoro

Aske said:
I had a tough time deciding what to do next myself. In the end I spent a session screwing around in the Prologue to rack up a few chapters to go towards the nunchuks, and to experiment with some less-used weapon combinations. Then I went back to Normal for Alfheims, chests and crows; and now I'm focusing on my speed run for the Bangle of Time. I'm breaking the flow now and again by trying to Platinum Chapters 14 and 8. When I clock under 3 hours, I'll go back to Hard for the last few crows I missed there before hitting Infinite Climax. And then I'll try to unlock Jeanne. That's my battle plan.

Good luck with the shirt, by the way. I would have entered too, but Canadians aren't eligible for the contest. Hope you win one!

thanks!

and yeah, ill probably just skip around and try out different things to see what works for me. im sure im still missing a lot of hearts and pearls, so i should probably look for some of those. i want to unlock Jeanne too.

SecretBonusPoint said:
7267747m.jpg

So awesome :lol

fantastic! i love it.

0OoO0

I am in chapter 1, up to the 2 headed dragon boss and died 2 times... I decided to play again later. So when the screen comes up do you want to try again, I selected no. Now I come back and wtf I have to start the whole chapter again?!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

How does the save system work?

Dreavus

LiK said:

I'm running the PS3 version, and I ended up setting my TV to "cinema" mode and turned the brightness up a few levels to compensate a little bit. Looks pretty fucking awesome now.

Top Bottom