• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

goldenpp72

Bayonetta on ps3 is trash, on the 360 there are times where the framerate goes down when it gets busy and it really fucks up my timing, if you play at a high level I can't imagine bayonetta being all that rewarding on ps3.

Anyways, I got my last tears of blood and bought the climax bracelet, what other unlockables are there? Good ways to get money? Any tips on the lost chapter :lol

For those having trouble on the hard alfhiem you have to beat to get the bird, i just taunted the crap out of the first batch of 5 and tortured each of them to death, then played normally, having the one bangle that makes things explode is helpful too.

Dave1988

BeeDog said:
Hardy-har-har, just went to pick up the English parcel at the postal office, but it turned out to be a vinyl delivery, not the game. :lol The pack of 5 vinyls took barely 2(!) days to arrive, and Bayonetta is stuck in limbo somewhere since 12 days. Hey, if I'm lucky I'll never receive the game and can reclaim my money! :lol

This is some sick fucking joke, all of this. :'(

The postal office is doing you a favor here :lol

Nemesis556 said:
Oh. My. God.

I was so close. I killed everything within 7 torture attacks before I even beat the Joys. I had THREE HEALTH ORBS LEFT. I was untouched!

And then.....I get hit twice. Through some miraculous miracle, I killed both the Joys with only ONE of them a torture attack away from death.

THEN SHE FUCKING SPLITS INTO TWO

;_;

My hands are fucking tense. I feel like I can't move. My toes have curled while I try to concentrate.

I charge up Pillow Talk and ANNIHILATE THEM FUCKING BOTH.

And I grab my final Umbran Tear as a reward.

I cannot believe I've done it. U_U

I just did that one.

My arms hurt.

BeeDog

Dave1988 said:
The postal office is doing you a favor here :lol

:lol

Of course, now that I've written about it here, I've jinxed the whole fucking situation; I bet the game will arrive tomorrow. :(

:p

Dave1988

goldenpp72 said:
what other unlockables are there?

Immortal Marionette - Beat the game on Easy or Very Easy
Bracelet of Time - Beat the game in under 3 hours
Jeanne - get a Platinum on every chapter on Normal or use a cheat code
Zero - beat Angel Slayer or use a cheat code
Rodin - Beat Rodin to receive this weapon or use a cheat code
Sai Fung - complete 100 chapters on Normal or above.

goldenpp72 said:
Good ways to get money?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za7kKNFCASY

goldenpp72 said:
Any tips on the lost chapter :lol

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/file/946345/58266

Don

The biggest problem with the PS3 version is the load times. The framerate isn't as good as it should be, but there are only two places that had significant slowdown which are the Clock Tower sequence at the very beginning and the dissapearing platforms in Chapter 15.

I almost bought this game on 360 even though I dont own one.

That being said I wanted to play it so I broke downand got it for PS3 and I dont regret my purchase.

I don't know what I'm missing so ignorance is bliss. I had alot of fun on the PS3 port, and already on my 3rd playthrough.

Sure there were issues (loading times), and yeah I don't know any better, but at least I had fun with a great game on a system I own. The game IS PLAYABLE, if you never played it on the 360. Now for frame data perfectionist trying to get platinums... Im sure frame rate dips will screw up your timing, but in all honesty even though I noticed it, it personally didnt bother me or end up costing me any damage or interrupt a combo.

I guess after playing games all these years, frame rate dips are a given to me so I can deal with it.

the framerate is stable in-battle on PS3, you won't see hiccups which might affect your score, ever. problems occur outside of battle in some sections most noticeable near endgame.

if we're talking about tearing, you won't see much of it on PS3. it's more of a problem for the 360 version.

StuBurns

Banned
Roto13 said:
Only the whiniest of bitches could possibly think Bayonetta is "unplayable" on the PS3.
Augemitbutter said:
the framerate is stable in-battle on PS3, you won't see hiccups which might affect your score, ever. problems occur outside of battle in some sections most noticeable near endgame.

if we're talking about tearing, you won't see much of it on PS3. it's more of a problem for the 360 version.

I really don't know what to think about this game, it's like there is two totally different PS3 versions of the game out there.

LiK

Augemitbutter said:

I saw plenty of tearing on the PS3 in the same sections as the 360.

quetz67

Banned
Dave1988 said:
Nothing's been fixed. What's better is that PG and SEGA are completely silent about it which basically means they don't give a shit about the port.
I read many news about Sega 'considering' a patch (to fix the load times). OK, that doesnt really mean shit, but at least it is not like Sega being 'completely silent'.

And a patch for fixing load times usually isn't that much work, neither is changing the color sheme to make it look a little more vibrant. Frame rate optimization sure needs a lot more work, but luckily I am no frame rate whore at all.

StuBurns

Banned
quetz67 said:
I read many news about Sega 'considering' a patch (to fix the load times). OK, that doesnt really mean shit, but at least it is not like Sega being 'completely silent'.

And a patch for fixing load times usually isn't that much work, neither is changing the color sheme to make it look a little more vibrant. Frame rate optimization sure needs a lot more work, but luckily I am no frame rate whore at all.
Why is fixing loading times easy? Isn't it because of poor data arrangement on the disc?

LowParry

So I beat the game. It was alright. The repeat on boss battles were a little off from the traditional wash/rinse/repeat strat with other games so that was a bit refreshing. And how dare they drop F bombs in front of children. :lol

MacBosse

Ok just finished Bayonetta on normal. Oh boy what a ride.

I was so close to jump over this one since the visuals and the style of the game wasn't something I liked but .... boy oh boy. This has got to be one of the best game I have ever played. The main gripe I had with it is that it has that funky style of story and cutscenes ... didn't really care for those. And the constant fake "did he/she die?" gets old.

I ... damn. Lost for words.

PS Bayonetta can't dance. At all.

FlashbladeGAF said:

That being said I wanted to play it so I broke downand got it for PS3 and I dont regret my purchase.

I don't know what I'm missing so ignorance is bliss. I had alot of fun on the PS3 port, and already on my 3rd playthrough.

Sure there were issues (loading times), and yeah I don't know any better, but at least I had fun with a great game on a system I own. The game IS PLAYABLE, if you never played it on the 360. Now for frame data perfectionist trying to get platinums... Im sure frame rate dips will screw up your timing, but in all honesty even though I noticed it, it personally didnt bother me or end up costing me any damage or interrupt a combo.

I guess after playing games all these years, frame rate dips are a given to me so I can deal with it.

Yeah, I think that the load times between levels are being mentioned more because the 360 version loads so much quicker. I mean, Killzone 2 had long load times during multiplayer and between levels and you never heard anything about that. Now as for the load time when pausing or picking up an item, that's pretty much unprecidented as far as I know, and there's no way to justify that.

FlashbladeGAF said:

This guy hsypersakura on Youtube seems to have no problem getting pure platinums on the PS3 version. So, I can't see how anyone can make the argument in this game that the framerate affects gameplay.

LiK

palpabl_purpura said:
This guy hsypersakura on Youtube seems to have no problem getting pure platinums on the PS3 version. So, I can't see how anyone can make the argument in this game that the framerate affects gameplay.
When you're good, you can overcome anything. :p

Still working on Normal. 5 tortures Alfheim in chapter 6. Dispatched the three normal angels and the 4 mantas with handguns and got my 5 tortures. Switch to pillow talk and ice skates for Grace and Glory. Defeat them and I think it's over. Two fairness show up, and I run out of time. Didn't even get hit, and ended up with 7 tortures. Damn damn damn damn.

I'm starting to think that I may be best off getting three tortures on the first wave then switching over to Pillow Talk and getting the rest however I can naturally for speeds sake.

ashism

bmf said:
Still working on Normal. 5 tortures Alfheim in chapter 6. Dispatched the three normal angels and the 4 mantas with handguns and got my 5 tortures. Switch to pillow talk and ice skates for Grace and Glory. Defeat them and I think it's over. Two fairness show up, and I run out of time. Didn't even get hit, and ended up with 7 tortures. Damn damn damn damn.

I'm starting to think that I may be best off getting three tortures on the first wave then switching over to Pillow Talk and getting the rest however I can naturally for speeds sake.
It's much easier to torture the weak enemies then trying to get it done on the big guys.
Focus on long combos without finishers while holding down the extra attack button. Use the original pistols you get to tone down your damage.
Torture the basic angels, finish off 1 or 2 mantas, switch to full on damage and wrap it up. Fairness are the last 2 you must kill, so after you get all your torture attacks, get moving, fast.

nodish2

Banned
quetz67 said:

Where did you read this? Because IMO they are being 'completely silent'.

LiK said:
I saw plenty of tearing on the PS3 in the same sections as the 360.

Yeah, mine has been tearing like crazy. Especially in the Route 666 level. Also, I'm no audiophile, but the PS3 version, IMHO, sounds way better on my crappy little surround sound system.

LiK

RedNumberFive said:
Yeah, mine has been tearing like crazy. Especially in the Route 666 level. Also, I'm no audiophile, but the PS3 version, IMHO, sounds way better on my crappy little surround sound system.
The route 666 chapter looked fine on the 360. I'll report back if the PS3 version of that level has any issues in comparison

I didn't notice any difference audio-wise between both versions. Same level of quality for the effects and music, imo

Dave1988

palpabl_purpura said:

1. Hsypersakura is a girl.
2. What LiK said.

LiK

Augemitbutter said:
DTS sound is pretty much always better, there is no contest.
Depends on how they encoded the original files. For Bayonetta, the audio sounds identical for both platforms.

Dreavus

nodish2 said:

I'm pretty sure they said that back in November before the US version was released. AFAIK, they haven't made any other announcements since then.

Don said:
The biggest problem with the PS3 version is the load times. The framerate isn't as good as it should be, but there are only two places that had significant slowdown which are the Clock Tower sequence at the very beginning and the dissapearing platforms in Chapter 15.

The beginning of Route 666 was about as bad too. And that was a lot worse since it was both combat and platforming.

There are also smaller drops that are still noticeable - when you fight the first Gracious and Glorious pair, I noticed that while using Dodge Offset with the pistols, the game started to chug a little, and that really made it difficult to fight them. It happened several other times, like the sub-boss fight right after those disappearing platforms.

So it's not bad enough to severely affect gameplay, but I don't think it's accurate to say that gameplay will never be affected by the framerate dips. It would probably be less frustrating to get good scores on those two areas (and a few others - that one fight in Chapter 8 on Hard and above was a little choppy) on the 360 version, and that really saddens me, although I think PS3 Bayonetta is still an amazing game. If the game weren't so amazing, the technical issues probably would have turned me away.

nodish2 said:

People have e-mailed their customer service and gotten different answers. One reply said that they were considering it, one said they were working on it, and the last (the only one from after the game was released outside of Japan, which I believe was taken from a German customer service rep) said that the issues could not be patched. All of those have been posted on the Platinum Games forums.

Whether or not customer service is a reliable source is hard to say, but yes, outside of that, Sega has remained silent.

Dreavus said:
I'm pretty sure they said that back in November before the US version was released. AFAIK, they haven't made any other announcements since then.

A patch is 100% not going to happen. You have to realize, this is the corporate world we're talking about here. The phrase that Sega issued was "We're looking into a patch to address the issues," which could mean the guy in the mailroom is "looking into it," or a senior programmer and his staff are "looking into it." It could mean anything. And remember what the bottom line is- $$$. If there is money to be lost or no money to be gained by working on a patch, then a patch will not be made. These guys are only interested in the bottom line, and would probably sell their mothers if it would boost the quarterly statement.

Aske

palpabl_purpura said:
A patch is 100% not going to happen. You have to realize, this is the corporate world we're talking about here. The phrase that Sega issued was "We're looking into a patch to address the issues," which could mean the guy in the mailroom is "looking into it," or a senior programmer and his staff are "looking into it." It could mean anything. And remember what the bottom line is- $$$. If there is money to be lost or no money to be gained by working on a patch, then a patch will not be made. These guys are only interested in the bottom line, and would probably sell their mothers if it would boost the quarterly statement.

Sometimes patching is financially viable - especially when all it involves is an HDD install. General customer goodwill aside, patching the odd game with glaring flaws gives people hope that other games may be patched after release too, so they may be more inclined to buy a game with poor performance that they would otherwise have passed on. I wouldn't rule a patch out yet, even if all it does is fix the load times.

But that's the thing - if all they needed to do to fix the loading was give the option for an install, why didn't they? There's no way they just forgot about it, and they had to recognize how problematic the loading can be - there has to be some reason the option isn't there. It's possible that the team they had working on this port actually couldn't get the game to install - after all, doesn't installing on the 360 version actually increase mid-level load times and screen tearing?

HYDE

Banned
I can understand everyones qualms with the game; however, every action game has "what the hell?" type acts or scenarios.
My only complaint with the game was the record finding, seemed like a missed opportunity and where DMC3 excelled over Bayonetta.
There was nothing greater than watching Vergil take Beowulf's gauntlets, and then kicking his ass for them. I would of loved it if Bayonetta let you receive weapons from enemies instead of trade records in at Rodin's. A -0.3 for this and loading for store.
If it matters I played the PS3 version, maybe for the fence sitters?

Score: 9.7/10

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Sir Ilpalazzo said:
after all, doesn't installing on the 360 version actually increase mid-level load times and screen tearing?

Seriously? When I mentioned the bad tearing issues earlier in this thread, someone suggested that I should install the game. Haha.

Right my lovelies, I've finished the game on normal and it was fucking amazing (like it needs saying any more).

I now have some sort of NG+ save game to continue that starts on hard. Should just play through again on hard? Try and get platinums? Play through on normal and collect bits (weapons, Umbran Tears, witch graves) I didn't do last time (including Alfheims)? Thoughts? Suggestions?

palpabl_purpura said:
They would have had my money on the first day if the game ran well on the PS3. A patch would do a great deal to restore some goodwill, assuming it fixed a few problems.

I'm sure it's playable (if the demo is any indication), but it's vastly inferior. It's a shame that I'm forced to pass on it until it drops or I get a 360.

Yes, forced. SEGA leaves me no other choice, considering that I refuse to reward shoddy craftsmanship. I can live with "slightly worse", even.

Mejilan said:
Seriously? When I mentioned the bad tearing issues earlier in this thread, someone suggested that I should install the game. Haha.

I'm not 100% sure on the screen tearing, but I have heard several times that installing makes the load times you'll see if you skip cutscenes and the like longer, although pre-level loads and the pause screen load are better.

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Right my lovelies, I've finished the game on normal and it was fucking amazing (like it needs saying any more).

I now have some sort of NG+ save game to continue that starts on hard. Should just play through again on hard? Try and get platinums? Play through on normal and collect bits (weapons, Umbran Tears, witch graves) I didn't do last time (including Alfheims)? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Don't go for Platinums yet. That's not something you want to do now - keep playing, and come back to it after you've finished all three relevant difficulties so that you'll have less trouble. If you don't have all the weapons, I'd go back and get those before starting Hard, and it would probably be good to invest in certain accessories (like the Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa).

Sir Ilpalazzo said:
Don't go for Platinums yet. That's not something you want to do now - keep playing, and come back to it after you've finished all three relevant difficulties so that you'll have less trouble. If you don't have all the weapons, I'd go back and get those before starting Hard, and it would probably be good to invest in certain accessories (like the Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa).

Many thanks to you my man, I'll do that!!

Korey

LabouredSubterfuge said:

I went for achievements after my first playthrough. It gives you a good path of things to do:

- collect all the weapon LPs
- do the alfheims
- find all the chests/heart/moon pieces/books
- farm halos to buy everything in the gates of hell

Now that I have all the weapons/accessories I've started hard mode and find it a breeze so far, and beating it on hard are the last achievements I need,
except for the infinite climax one

palpabl_purpura said:

I wasnt making the argument...

Like I said for me, it didn't bother me at all. But Im sure there are some who would argue regardless just because of the fact the PS3 version isn't as good as the 360 version

Top Bottom