• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

Tokubetsu

0OoO0 said:
I am in chapter 1, up to the 2 headed dragon boss and died 2 times... I decided to play again later. So when the screen comes up do you want to try again, I selected no. Now I come back and wtf I have to start the whole chapter again?!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

How does the save system work?

Basically, if you want to continue from checkpoints ever, ALWAYS pick exit to title screen and if its not there, then go to dashboard/turn off your console. DO NOT PICK GO TO CHAPTER SELECT OR SAY NO TO A CONTINUE.

Aske

Thanks guys...This feels like an Alfheim support group.

Nemesis556 said:
This is my last Umbran Tear of Blood and I just can't fucking do it no matter how much I try. I get to the Joys with all 7 torture attacks and then they just rape me.

To speed up the process, I equip Eternal Testimony, for what it's worth. ;)

You're doing better than me - I usually don't make it past the second wave...The few times I have, I've been whittled down to one unit of health. The only time I made it to wave 3 with all three chunks of health I didn't have too much difficulty with the Joys - just the damn clock. I'm taking too long with wave 2.

Jeo said:
The Bracelet of Time accessory paired with Eternal Testimony works great against those three joys.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19328837&postcount=4861

I always equip Eternal Testimony along with the Moon of Awesome Parries. Moon saved my life against a wave 2 Fearless once, but I don't have the skill to use it reliably on Joys yet. I might try the Bangle tactic next time I hit wave 3, but the few times I've played with it it's felt very clumsy. I need to get used to attacking while holding LB. My brain wants to tap it and have WT play out like it would if I hit the dodge button.

I went back and read your post along with Monocle's earlier tonight, and gave it another couple of shots. Using the angel arms pole-spin attack does a lot of damage to anything in its radius in wave 2, but I keep getting caught by the nearest Fearless as soon as witch time finishes. I need to time it better and get out of the way before the attack ends.

Korey said:
I haven't even attempted hard yet, but have you tried using the whip on the fire dudes? For the Torture Attack alfheims on normal, the whip was a godsend. Ignores fire, auto-aims from across the room, and builds magic really fast with the gaze of despair. So just take care of your torture quota and then you can focus on killing the rest normally.

The whip works well against fire angels most of the time (I think I used it on the Normal TA Alfheim too), but it doesn't build magic as fast as the handguns, and does too much damage against the weaker flaming enemies in wave 1 - they die before I can hit the torture attack. The trick is keeping them alive while you wear down the Ardor with combos that do minimal damage yet fill up the magic meter, and then insta-killing them with a TA before they catch too many stay bullets. I'd try the whip on wave 2, but the Bazillions let me attack from a greater distance, and the laser charge shot does a good bit more damage.

Rez said:
In the end it was a mix of luck, skill and a last-minute magic recharge that got me through the challenge. The only advice I can give is to remember that when in witch-time, you get a shit-load of magic through a relatively quick PK combo if you hold down the button after every attack punch/kick.

I know it'll be like this for me too. Next time I play I'll probably die a dozen times on wave 2, then suddenly pull off a massive win the first or second time I hit wave 3. I just hope the serendipity hits sooner rather than later. You're dead right about holding the button on combos. With the handguns it takes exactly one punch (hold) and one kick (hold) in witch-time to fill five orbs. Add on the two I start with thanks to Eternal Testimony and the one I got from starting witch-time before the combo, and I'm one WT and one hold-strike away from a TA. The only reason I use the handguns rather than Scarborough Fair is because they restrain me from accidentally firing off a wicked weave. I've unintentionally blown through an Ardor or Fairness in wave 2 on a few occasions because I was trying to combo my way to some magic, and forgot that a given string ended in a wicked weave if I was using anything but the handguns. I thought they were useless at first, but they've proven invaluable for Alfheims.

Apologies for the massive post, but I really appreciated all the advice. Been a while since I've been stuck on a game that other people were playing at the same time.

Just so I can feel like I'm giving something back - I picked up the Bangle of Time earlier today, and that thing is easy to unlock. I even got the total time under 3 hours with a couple of 20+ minute long, bloated Platinum stages that I didn't need to redo. Final time was 2:47. Blast through every chapter that's over ten minutes in panther mode, and don't stop to fight until you hit a golden barrier. It's been re-iterated a few times, but in case anyone is still wondering: time in between verses does count towards the stage total. Stage total is verse time plus travel time between verses. If I'd wanted to give up my Epilogue Platinum, I'd have shaved at least 11 minutes off my time, because that's how much I added to my original record when I went back to do the Alfheim and play around with Jeanne. On top of that I could have redone chapter 10, skipping unnecessary verses to cut my final time down even further. My original Normal total time was something like 5:50. Anyone having problems trimming the fat probably just needs to remember the clock is ticking between verses.

Does anyone know how to get the "All Chapters" section of the leaderboard to update? I just got 800k+ on the Epilogue, but it won't update my score in the All Chapters section. I just noticed my Prologue, Ch.1 and Ch.3 scores aren't accurate either. wtf

edit: eh, screw it. My All Chapters score is about 3 million higher than what my actual scores are. Don't know what happened there but whatever.

Nemesis_

Oh. My. God.

I was so close. I killed everything within 7 torture attacks before I even beat the Joys. I had THREE HEALTH ORBS LEFT. I was untouched!

And then.....I get hit twice. Through some miraculous miracle, I killed both the Joys with only ONE of them a torture attack away from death.

THEN SHE FUCKING SPLITS INTO TWO

;_;

My hands are fucking tense. I feel like I can't move. My toes have curled while I try to concentrate.

I charge up Pillow Talk and ANNIHILATE THEM FUCKING BOTH.

And I grab my final Umbran Tear as a reward.

I cannot believe I've done it. U_U

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Nemesis556 said:
Oh. My. God.

I was so close. I killed everything within 7 torture attacks before I even beat the Joys. I had THREE HEALTH ORBS LEFT. I was untouched!

And then.....I get hit twice. Through some miraculous miracle, I killed both the Joys with only ONE of them a torture attack away from death.

;_;

My hands are fucking tense. I feel like I can't move. My toes have curled while I try to concentrate.

hahaha, I was expecting a horror story. well done man!

Nemesis_

Rez said:
hahaha, I was expecting a horror story. well done man!

Yeah. I tried to foreshadow something else with the opening lines. I should write movies, y'know. No one saw the twist coming!

Now I don't know what to work towards. =( First time I've played a game for so long after getting the full 1000, though. >_>

So after some digging, i found out a technique that works pretty decent for halo farming, got most of the accessories all done. now to finish normal and on to hard! this game contiunes to deliver.

Bob Coffee said:
So after some digging, i found out a technique that works pretty decent for halo farming, got most of the accessories all done. now to finish normal and on to hard! this game contiunes to deliver.

Care to share, I really need to find a decent place to farm.

Haha, coincidentally I JUST died to the last joy, who had a sliver of health left, on the torture alfheim on Ch.6 Hard. It only took like 6 attempts to get that far but that thing is stressful as fuck; I bet it takes me another 20 attempts to finish it.

Daigoro

Nemesis556 said:
Yeah. I tried to foreshadow something else with the opening lines. I should write movies, y'know. No one saw the twist coming!

Now I don't know what to work towards. =( First time I've played a game for so long after getting the full 1000, though. >_>

*M.KnightShammalammadingdong.gif*

Bob Coffee said:

continues? you've barely started! :lol

vermadas

Took a break from the alfheims to try the first couple chapters on Hard. Woah, enemies are actually aggressive! Going to have to get a better handle on this dodge offset thingy...

DiddyBop

I just got the game last night, PS3 version. The only thing I've noticed is some unusually long loading screens, but the practice mode make sit easier to swallow. The colours do seem a little washed out and not that vibrant,but I haven't played the 360 version to compare. Overall this game is far from unplayable on the ps3:lol alot of sensationalists on Gaf.

LiK

DiddyBop said:
I just got the game last night, PS3 version. The only thing I've noticed is some unusually long loading screens, but the practice mode make sit easier to swallow. The colours do seem a little washed out and not that vibrant,but I haven't played the 360 version to compare. Overall this game is far from unplayable on the ps3:lol alot of sensationalists on Gaf.
Glad you agree with me, but after playing through the 360 ver, I wanna strangle whoever worked on the PS3 port :lol

I too Have the PS3 version and the only complaint I have outside of the fact that I really disliked chapters 14/15 would be the loading issues. I haven't noticed any other issues with the PS3 port.

Absolutely loved the game, although playing on normal did kick my arse on a number of occasions. Hard will be interesting. I'm usually not a fan of this genre either, I think it was just the awesomeness of the combat combined with its total "not give a shit about how bananas this is" presentation.

Final boss question
Is there anyway to avoid the galaxies that turn you into the little girl, panther form couldn't seem to outrun them?

nodish2

Banned
LiK said:
Glad you agree with me, but after playing through the 360 ver, I wanna strangle whoever worked on the PS3 port :lol

Well Platinum Games supervised the port, so you might wanna strangle them first.

LiK

heliconsoul said:
Absolutely loved the game, although playing on normal did kick my arse on a number of occasions. Hard will be interesting. I'm usually not a fan of this genre either, I think it was just the awesomeness of the combat combined with its total "not give a shit about how bananas this is" presentation.

Final boss question
Is there anyway to avoid the galaxies that turn you into the little girl, panther form couldn't seem to outrun them?
Double jump or use Crow technique.

LiK

nodish2 said:
Well Platinum Games supervised the port, so you might wanna strangle them first.
Not really. Read that they simply handed the code over to Sega for the port. They weren't really involved.

nodish2

Banned
LiK said:
Not really. Read that they simply handed the code over to Sega for the port. They weren't really involved.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/94839-Bayonetta-Dev-Talks-PS3-Version-Problems

"With Bayonetta, we created the Xbox 360 version of the game first, and then handed off all the data and other assets to SEGA so they could begin the process of porting Bayonetta to the PS3, giving them advice regarding the porting process along the way and overseeing the progress to ensure that the PS3 version would be the best it could be. "

Zeliard

The S-Word said:
need to stop playign this and finish up my gamefly games lol

Same. :lol

I rented Darksiders but have barely put any time into it. Bayonetta is taking up all of my gaming time lately. Plus going to Darksiders' melee combat is like fighting underwater after playing Bayonetta.

Duress

So I'm missing two broken heart pieces and I can't figure it out. I got all the Alfheim ones and the witch tomb ones, because I have the achievements.

So that narrows it down to the ones outside those areas. I got
the bike stage and rocket riding ones
. I got the ones in chapter 1 and 2 that are hidden in the stage.

I'm stumped. :(

Minamu

At least that Umbran Tear of Blood is the only one that forces you to complete the Alfheim first. Kinda strange. I haven't actually gotten that far on Hard yet but according to gamefaqs, the other tears in Alfheims can be collected without completing the challenge first. Always something I guess.

Duress said:
So I'm missing two broken heart pieces and I can't figure it out. I got all the Alfheim ones and the witch tomb ones, because I have the achievements.

So that narrows it down to the ones outside those areas. I got
the bike stage and rocket riding ones
. I got the ones in chapter 1 and 2 that are hidden in the stage.

I'm stumped. :(
Check this out:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19235981&postcount=3527

StuBurns

Banned
The difference in opinions regarding the quality of the PS3 build is insane. Some people says it's very little beyond load times, some people say the PS3 version is 'junk' and unplayable etc. By the time I pick it up, it'll probably only be about £25 so I don't really care that much, but it's strange to hear such conflicting views.

LiK

StuBurns said:
The difference in opinions regarding the quality of the PS3 build is insane. Some people says it's very little beyond load times, some people say the PS3 version is 'junk' and unplayable etc. By the time I pick it up, it'll probably only be about £25 so I don't really care that much, but it's strange to hear such conflicting views.
Having played both versions, I thought reviewers were actually being too nice about the PS3 issues. I found them irritating.

For people who say the differences are minimal, I doubt they actually played both versions.

iam220

StuBurns said:

This probably has to do with peoples sensitivity to frame rate. I'm extremely sensitive to it from all my pc gaming experience, others can't really notice when a game is running at sub-20 fps. So I'm sure there are people playing the ps3 version and not knowing what the fuss is about while personally poor frame rate on a game such as this is a deal killer for me.

Wait.

You get Umbran Tears from doing the Alfheims on Hard, too?

gonk.gif

BeeDog

FFS, I have the Climax Edition waiting for me at the postal office, and I keep reading the PS3 version slamming comments here. Now I fucking regret my purchase, ugh.

Canova

Banned
I just completeed Darksiders, ready to give Bayonetta a start.

if I've never seen or try 360 version, will I enjoy PS3 version?

LiK

BeeDog said:
FFS, I have the Climax Edition waiting for me at the postal office, and I keep reading the PS3 version slamming comments here. Now I fucking regret my purchase, ugh.
If 360 version of Climax was region-free, I wouldve gone for that one.

StuBurns

Banned
iam220 said:
This probably has to do with peoples sensitivity to frame rate. I'm extremely sensitive to it from all my pc gaming experience, others can't really notice when a game is running at sub-20 fps. So I'm sure there are people playing the ps3 version and not knowing what the fuss is about while personally poor frame rate on a game such as this is a deal killer for me.
WTF serious?

BeeDog

LiK said:
If 360 version of Climax was region-free, I wouldve gone for that one.

I don't have a 360. Meh, I guess I'll give the game a shot (can't really send it back), but I bet GAF has ruined my perception of the game pre-emptively. Fucking hell, waste of money.

LiK

ShockingAlberto said:
I think I misunderstood.

Some crow only appears after you beat an Alfheim on hard, apparently?
Some crows are on the rails leading to the arena but you can only get them afterwards cuz the handicap title card pops up before you can grab it. Evil!

Aretak

quetz67 said:
Any words on the european PS3 version being already load time fixed?
The load times (and framerate issues) aren't fixed in the European version. I doubt they ever will be in any version, because there's not going to be any significant profit in doing so for Sega. They made their choice about the quality of the PS3 version of Bayonetta when they decided to excrete the horrible port we have.

It's not like the PS3 version is unplayable or anything, but it's a crying shame that one of the best games in a long time has gotten one of the worst PS3 ports ever.

Dave1988

StuBurns said:

Some people just want Bayo to sell so they'll bullshit others to think that this port "runs fine".

quetz67 said:
Any words on the european PS3 version being already load time fixed?

Nothing's been fixed. What's better is that PG and SEGA are completely silent about it which basically means they don't give a shit about the port.

BeeDog said:

Ah, don't worry. Sure, at first you'll cry about the framerate running at 20 fps in some sections, 30 fps in most others, then rage at the horrid loading times and then cry some more when the game actually hits those magical 60 fps (or somewhere close to that) on the Alfheims, boss fights and Angel Slayer which will make you realize how the game should actually be experienced and of what you have been robbed. Eventually though, you'll get so used to this abomination that you'll just roll with it. Just remember to keep telling yourself that this crime against humanity is still "playable" and eventually you'll start believing it.

LiK said:
Some crows are on the rails leading to the arena but you can only get them afterwards cuz the handicap title card pops up before you can grab it. Evil!

Actually, only one Alfheim on Hard requires you to complete it before you can grab the crow. The rest can be caught without you having to activate the battle.

LiK

Dave1988 said:
Some people just want Bayo to sell so they'll bullshit others to think that this port "runs fine".

Nothing's been fixed. What's better is that PG and SEGA are completely silent about it which basically means they don't give a shit about the port.

Ah, don't worry. Sure, at first you'll cry about the framerate running at 20 fps in some sections, 30 fps in most others, then rage at the horrid loading times and then cry some more when the game actually hits those magical 60 fps (or somewhere close to that) on the Alfheims, boss fights and Angel Slayer which will make you realize how the game should actually be experienced and of what you have been robbed. Eventually though, you'll get so used to this abomination that you'll just roll with it. Just remember to keep telling yourself that this crime against humanity is still "playable" and eventually you'll actually start believing it.

Actually, only one Alfheim on Hard requires you to complete it before you can grab the crow. The rest can be caught without you having to activate the battle.
heh. I agree with all your points.

Good to know about the crow in one Alfheim, I haven't gotten that one yet :(

Aske

Nemesis556 said:
Oh. My. God.

;_;

Very nicely done - congratulations!

I had another close call with a horrible time-out before I got to the final Joy on the last wave, despite having full health. My problem is if I play defensively enough to stay alive I run out of time; if not I get killed before I even reach it. I've regressed to the point I just end up dying on wave 1 half the time because I'm trying to play it tighter than is possible.

I should move on and play Infinite Climax, or try to Platinum those nasty missile verses; but I just can't quit this crow. Even though playing the game now feels like bashing my head against a brick wall.

BeeDog

Hardy-har-har, just went to pick up the English parcel at the postal office, but it turned out to be a vinyl delivery, not the game. :lol The pack of 5 vinyls took barely 2(!) days to arrive, and Bayonetta is stuck in limbo somewhere since 12 days. Hey, if I'm lucky I'll never receive the game and can reclaim my money! :lol

This is some sick fucking joke, all of this. :'(

Top Bottom