• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date
zoukka said:
The wind boss was kinda lame :/ And way too easy. I'm not too fond of the massive QTE sections. I'd rather slice and dice the bosses myself.

Jeanne fights are definitely the best boss battles of the game.
Balder would be better if you didn't have to fight him on small platforms.

Relaxed Muscle said:
Also
INFINITONS!!

BIG BANG BONUS!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Hmmm, I seem to be missing Verse 5 in Chapter 1, but I'm fairly sure I didn't miss any Aflheims there. Any ideas?

Mejilan said:
Hmmm, I seem to be missing Verse 5 in Chapter 1, but I'm fairly sure I didn't miss any Aflheims there. Any ideas?
hmm

If I remember correctly, once you beat the Beloved in the fountain, run back as far as you can in to the station and there should be a fight there

Keikoku

Banned
Fuck the
Jeanne bossfight
in chapter XIV. Is it possible to win against
her
without having any items ? I just don't want to do this stupid
shooting sequence
again. :/

Keikoku said:
Fuck the
Jeanne bossfight
in chapter XIV. Is it possible to win against
her
without having any items ? I just don't want to do this stupid
shooting sequence
again. :/
Yes, you can win with no items. Even if you turn the game off, if you select continue, you'll start right back at whatever phase of the fight you're on.

Mrbob

Haha, damn...I played this whole game without realizing I can use my guns in the middle of combos to stun enemies in place. :x

I'm trying to get better at dodge offset weaving too. Seems like I need to know how to do this well on HARD difficulty.

Keikoku

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
Yes, you can win with no items. Even if you turn the game off, if you select continue, you'll start right back at whatever phase of the fight you're on.

It seems that they are no "checkpoints" for this bossfight. :/

I wonder if anyone's done the lost chapters without Pillow Talk and or Rodin's weapon yet. At first when I got Pillow Talk I thought it was quite meh but once I realized that it keeps the damage bonus after a charge, it immediately shot to the top of the list.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
first game i've picked up in months, i hated the art direction until i saw it in motion

i really, really enjoy this game. only on chapter 2 but i love the big epic boss fights, right down to the qte.

Dave1988

Keikoku said:
It seems that they are no "checkpoints" for this bossfight. :/

Yes, there are. Two, in fact. One at the beginning of the fight and the second one after you reach the final building.

I 1000'd the game today and have been doing uni coursework but... all I want to do is play Bayonetta.

Next goal: Umbran Tears. So they are only hidden on the normal, hard and climax modes? They don't seem to be in the same locations though :-(

Tonza

Gracious and Glorious in Route 666 beginning are a pain in the ass. (on Hard)

I only managed to get 1 of them down in my numerous tries earlier today. I don't have Rosary or Mahaa-Kalaa though. Which should I get first? ( I think I have around 180k halos )

Minamu

atheistium said:
Next goal: Umbran Tears. So they are only hidden on the normal, hard and climax modes? They don't seem to be in the same locations though :-(
I just found my last one today :D Too bad the accessory can barely be used for anything but to just have fun.

Keikoku

Banned
CadetMahoney said:
who thinks this will get quite a few game of the year awards for its genre? God of war is the same genre right?

GOW3, DI, Castlevania... the game is going to have a lot of competition that's for sure.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
How do I change Durga's charge?
I didn't even know it was possible until I changed it to electricity once by accident.
I'm curious how I did that.

thundr51

Finally finished going throught the game again (4th time) and I think i'm pretty much done with this game. I unlocked Jeanne but does anyone know if she fights the same as Bayo? Last thing I want to do is go through the game again with a Bayo palatte swap.

thundr51

Mejilan said:
How do I change Durga's charge?
I didn't even know it was possible until I changed it to electricity once by accident.
I'm curious how I did that.

LS circle P or K depending on where you have Durga equipped.

Anso

I pre-ordered the Climax Edition as soon as it hit Play.com and NOW is the first time I'm about to play the game... Shipping to Sweden ain't their forte.

In any case, see you on the other side of enlightenment in a few days.

That strategy guide trailer is a thing of pure wonderment! As such, time for 2 gifs from it! Bayonetta combo gifs are the best gifs, and initially I tried turning that opening slog of super air combo time into one but it would only come out to a 13mb file :lol So heres the shorties:

acrhgz.gif

Got to love the multi-directional Afterburner kick :D

2hdmhk2.gif

Durga Fire Mine positioning and associated whips or throws into them just turn any enemy encounter into a bizarre sadistic sport :lol

TreIII

thundr51 said:
Finally finished going throught the game again (4th time) and I think i'm pretty much done with this game. I unlocked Jeanne but does anyone know if she fights the same as Bayo? Last thing I want to do is go through the game again with a Bayo palatte swap.

Courtesy of RadiantSilvergun's post over at SRK

According to the Climax Bible this is what sets Jeanne apart from Bayonetta.

Jeanne:
-Wicked Weaves are 1.5 times more powerful than Bayonetta's
-can only activate Witch Time using Moth Within
-can evade repeatedly
-during Witch Time, combo points start at 2X
-if she taunts while equipped with Cutey J (clothing equipment, I believe) and Bloody Moon (Jeanne's version of Pillow Talk), she performs a unique taunt pose

Double Edit: Here's Little Zero for anyone who cares.

King of Little Devils Zero:
-two hit death
-movement spead is faster than that of the other characters
-gains magic twice as quickly
-can summon Little Devils without the use of the Infernal Communicator accessory

I just started playing Zero seriously a few days ago. As long as you don't get hit, this guy's magic gains make it so that you are unstoppable. Especially once you get that Eternal Testimony accessory. :D

Still wonder about that "Coming Soon" in Rodin's Treasures for him though. I beat the game on normal with Zero, and still nothing there...

Enk

makes good threads.
I know some people hated it but man, stage 14 had me grinning from ear to ear.
I heard there was some tribute to Space Harrier in the game but I didn't know that they went out of their way to recreate it. All my old Space Harrier tricks were working just fine and loved that they incorporated the dragon bosses and theme music into the mix. They really should get Platinum to make a remake of Space Harrier (with some minor tweaks to the controls).

burgerdog

God damn, that trailer for the strategy guide is incredible. That combo in the beginning of the trailer left me speechless.

SecretBonusPoint said:
That strategy guide trailer is a thing of pure wonderment! As such, time for 2 gifs from it! Bayonetta combo gifs are the best gifs, and initially I tried turning that opening slog of super air combo time into one but it would only come out to a 13mb file :lol So heres the shorties:

Durga Fire Mine positioning and associated whips or throws into them just turn any enemy encounter into a bizarre sadistic sport :lol

Please do it anyway!

Tonza said:

I only managed to get 1 of them down in my numerous tries earlier today. I don't have Rosary or Mahaa-Kalaa though. Which should I get first? ( I think I have around 180k halos )

Rosary, just dodge spam them to death with rosary bombs. You might get a crap combo score though.

zoukka said:
Instant weaves?

Hair punch/kick.

They use up 3 pieces of magic to perform though.

There's also the crow and panther attacks that use up magic as well as the teleport ability.

Plus, while it doesn't use up magic, I'm pretty sure I've heard the Pillow Talk becomes more powerful with maxed magic.

The techniques are purchased from Rodin.

CadetMahoney said:
who thinks this will get quite a few game of the year awards for its genre? God of war is the same genre right?

Technically GOW is Action/Adventure while Bayonetta is just Action.

I'm predicting they'll both be heavy contenders for Action Game of the year though.

Mrbob

Tonza said:

There is actually an easy way to farm some halos.

Go to chapter 2, the train station. Jump on the platform above the train....destroy all the benches on top ( I think there are 10 on each side). After this is done hop on the train as it heads out. You get an easy 10K in halos for doing this. Hit chapter select and do again. Once you can transform into a panther you can do the whole segment in about 30 seconds...average about 10K a minute after you leave and reload the chapter.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Thrilltacular said:
They also have the best music in the game.

I think
Balder/Rodin
and
Jubileus
had the best boss music, but there's a lot of good stuff in the game.

Cetra

The more I play this the more I'm obsessed with it. Also, even though the story is extremely nonsensical I'm finding it endearing as hell. Especially
every exchange between Bayonetta and Cereza. Children in games normally annoy the hell out of me, like Sunny in MGS4. But, Cereza is just way too cute.

But yeah, GotY came early for me too.

Papercuts said:
I think
Balder/Rodin
and
Jubileus
had the best boss music, but there's a lot of good stuff in the game.

'You May Call Me Father'
is the best of the boss themes, 'Blood & Darkness' comes in second, and 'In The Choice Between Good and Evil' in third. 'The Greatest Jubilee' was okay but I felt kinda underwhelmed by it when compared to those other three;
God
got the short end of the stick.

rocK`

Banned
Fimbulvetr said:
Technically GOW is Action/Adventure while Bayonetta is just Action.

I'm predicting they'll both be heavy contenders for Action Game of the year though.

What about GoW puts it in 'adventure'?

Uncharted 2 is action/adventure. GoW is Action

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So my quick impressions (not that anyone cares at this point :lol). Playing the PS3-version!

Art direction is amazing
The music fits perfectly
Some of the bosses are great
Pacing is perfect

However there are some things I didn't like as much... (not going to mention the story, because who the hell cares?)

The framerate but I was well aware of this when I bought the PS3-version. Fortunately though, it's not as bad as some people say it is. It's certainly not game breaking, it's just very distracting at some parts.

People went bat-shit insane when they had to fight the same bosses over and over again... but I haven't heard anything like that from Bayonetta? You pretty much fight the same bosses four or five times during a playthrough which is pretty insane. I used the same tactics against them so there was nothing different about them (except maybe Climax in the end).

Kamiya promised us a sadistically hard game. We didn't get that at all... it was a breeze, even in Climax mode :(. I never did manage to beat God Hand on hard so I thought this would be the same.

I'd say the controls aren't as accurate as NG or DMC either. If this is because of the port, I understand but I never really got the 100% "feel" for it.

Other than that, it's a really good game and I can't wait for the next (hopefully) amazing sequel :D

rocK` said:
What about GoW puts it in 'adventure'?

Uncharted 2 is action/adventure. GoW is Action

"An adventure game is a video game in which the player assumes the role of protagonist in an interactive story that is driven by exploration and puzzle-solving instead of physical challenges such as combat."

"Action game is a video game genre that emphasizes physical challenges, including hand-eye coordination and reaction-time."

Despite having action as a large focus GOW still has less devotion to combat than DMC or NG and more emphasis on puzzles and level design.

Yoshichan said:
I used the same tactics against them so there was nothing different about them (except maybe Climax in the end).

What?

Fortitudo 2 was kinda similar the second time you fight him but mostly he lacked the ability to fly and had less moves. The third time was in the Space Harrier sequence.

Temprantia 2 always attacks at a distance and never grabbed on to the platform you were on giving you no opportunity to attack his hands, and you never run on his body either. You also fought him on a large bit of land instead of a small platform. The third time is during the Space Harrier sequence; the fourth is the shooter sequence.

Iustuia 2 is kinda the same but with more dodging space since you don't fight him on small platforms the second time, he also lacks many of his moves from the first fight. You don't fight him anymore after that.

Sapientia 2 has less moves, can only be attacked from the front, and is fought while trying to keep away from a growing fire. You don't fight him any more after that.

You fight Temprantia 4 times, Fortitudo 3, and the others only twice.

They all also have less health and take more damage.

Top Bottom