• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date
border said:
So you really think it's 440 pages of "How to beat up weak angels"? Exactly how much practical advice would you like them to include in a trailer? :lol It's a bunch of flashy stuff because that's what grabs people's attention. I'm not saying it'll be the ultimate resource, but it's gotta be better than coughing up $50 for a strategy guide in Japanese.

If reading some shit translation on the internet suits you that's fine, but the reason people buy strategy guides is because they aren't satisfied with that sort of thing.

The trailer should have shown taking on 3x gracious and glorious on climax, or 2x jeanne, or some difficult alfheim, something with dodge and parry skills, gaze of despair equipped, etc. Any one of those would have been ok, and still impressive. Instead it's just a bunch of angels getting whuuped, which is cool to watch, but 99% of players want to beat the game in the simplest, easiest way possible (note the very very popular usage of cheat codes and kilgore glitch). Flashy combos are functionally useless to the majority of players seeking guidance.

That's ok. The majority of useful info is already in english for free.

Anyway, new vids up. Guide can also now be found permanently here:
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/bayonetta_b.txt

Chapter VI: The Gates of Paradise
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At0WCkCVhAI&fmt=22
Chapter VII: The Cardinal Virtue of Temperance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZXwbCPbUB8&fmt=22

Just uploaded, 720p will not be available for an hour or two from this post.

azxza

Hey guys,
Some people are having troubles with the combo score system and I want to share a few facts about it.
First, we should distinguish its two main concepts: the partial combo points and the combo multiplier. Both of them are two separate entities and have different set of rules, although they share a few things too.

Partial combo points (the left side of the combo points gui)

The system is very precise so I'd recommend wasting a few minutes looking at the icons of the every single move you perform. There is an icon for every type of attack. Familiarize yourself with them.

* Basic rule: you only have five normal attacks before the score per attack begins to decrease by a 1/5 of its original value. I.E: 10 -> 8 -> 6 -> 4 -> 2 -> 1.

What's a normal attack? The basic attack of any weapon except the angelic ones. The action button/pistol and Charged Moves like multi-kick/punch, bombs, etc. aren't normals attacks and they doesn't count.

How can you reset the counter? The usual way is doing a Wicked Weave attack and that's one other reason why Dodge Offset is SO important. However there are some other moves capable of doing the same thing:
- Any attack with the Angelic Weapons. This includes moves like deflecting the ball attack of a trumpeter angel with Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa.
- The charged attacks of kilorge and both durgas (share the icon with WW attacks) and the enemy swinging move of kulshedra (share the icon with AW attacks).

* There are some modifiers of the scored points per attack:
+ Witch Time (WT): 3/2 points of the original attack
+ Gaze of Despair (GoD): the same
+ Witch Time + Gaze of Despair (WT + GoD): 3/2 * 3/2 = 9/4 points of the original attack
- The decreasing rate doesn't change and uses the original attack score to calculate the points to deduct.​

* Multi-hit Wicked Weave attacks: The basic score of a WW attack is 30. If you hit more than one enemy with the same WW attack, you recieve a 15+ bonus per additional hit. IE: WW attack hits 3 enemies at the same time, the score will be: 30 + 45 + 60 = 135. Moreover, if those launched enemies hit other enemies, you'll score additonal points

Code:
                |       1 |     2 |    3+ |
-------------------------------------------
N		|      30 |    45 |    60 |
WT / GoD	|      45 |    67 |    90 |
WT + GoD	|      67 |   100 |   135 |

I haven't hit more than 4 enemies at the same time during these tests. If anyone sees an increment hitting more enemies, feel free to correct me.

I'll update the post with the attacks of each weapon, special cases, etc. in a few days.

Combo multiplier

For the life of me, I don't actually know how this thing exactly works. Can anyone give me a hand? Please, don't be vague. I already know the generalities: use angelic weapons, perform torture attacks, etc. The system is very descriptive. You can see when the multiplier goes up, the staked attacks at that point and what type of attacks are each one of those... So, reasons? I'm all ears

Torture attacks, Wicked Weaves and the likes are needed. They slow down the stack, keeping up the stacked attacks for more time and allow to stack more than 3 attacks. Multi-hit Wicked Weaves mean instant increments. You need different types of stacked attacks too. How many? I don't know. During Witch Time, the stack is even slower. Its behavior is more apparent in this way but I can't find the damn pattern. Any ideas? Dahbomb, are you there?

Hopefully the official guide will answer the questions about the combo multiplier.

PS: English is not my first language. Be nice.

azxza said:
* Multi-hit Wicked Weave attacks: The basic score of a WW attack is 30. If you hit more than one enemy with the same WW attack, you recieve a 15+ bonus per additional hit.

I would like to point out that kilgore rockets count as Wicked Weaves, since they both use the same Yin/Yang icon. This is why the kilgore glitch is so obscenely good at raising the combo meter, to the point where it's ruined the leaderboards. Anyway thanks for your post I didn't know some of the stuff you explained.

pmj said:
Oh wow, thank you so much for that one. I never realized that you could dodge the spears that come out of the ground.

Nice playing too!

Thanks glad you found it helpful.

Hopefully the PS3 patch (downloading it right now) drastically improves the performance, if not I think I'm just going to pawn this game off for another. Based off of my experience with the demo I didn't think the technical issues would bother me as much as they have, I knew that the demo wasn't entirely indicative of the PS3 ports problems but I didn't think they would annoy me this much. The constant loading and inconsistent framerate drive me nuts, and I don't even have the 360 demo as a point of comparison. It's just a shit port. Sega should have delayed the PS3 version and gotten it up to snuff.

Update: With the patch and install the loading has been drastically improved. No longer does the game halt and load with each new item found or menu accessed. The framerate has been pretty stable as well but that could simply be that I haven't hit a problem area yet like the intro sequence. Textures and some effects still appear pretty low res but I didn't expect this patch and install to be some miraculous panacea that would spirit away all of the ports problems. It definitely makes Bayonetta more playable but it's still a sub par effort on Sega and Platinum's end. I know Sega did the port but it's Platinum's game. They should have worked in tandem with Sega to make this port run well rather than simply washing their hands of it, if only out of professional pride because this does look bad on them as well as Sega. Bayonetta has definitely made me wary of purchasing their future HD efforts, any word of glaring technical deficencies and I think I may simply pass.

Does anyone have the article that states that all games produced during the SEGA-Platinum Games partnership are owned by SEGA? I can't seem to find it anymore.

azxza said:
Hey guys,
Some people are having troubles with the combo score system and I want to share a few facts about it.
First, we should distinguish its two main concepts: the partial combo points and the combo multiplier. Both of them are two separate entities and have different set of rules, although they share a few things too.

Partial combo points (the left side of the combo points gui)

The system is very precise so I'd recommend wasting a few minutes looking at the icons of the every single move you perform. There is an icon for every type of attack. Familiarize yourself with them.

* Basic rule: you only have five normal attacks before the score per attack begins to decrease by a 1/5 rate.

What's a normal attack? The basic attack of any weapon except the angelic ones. The action button/pistol and Charged Moves like multi-kick/punch, bombs, etc. aren't normals attacks and they doesn't count.
How can you reset the counter? The usual way is doing a Wicked Weave attack and that's one other reason why Dodge Offset is SO important. However there are some other moves capable of doing the same thing:
- Any attack with the Angelic Weapons. This includes moves like deflecting the ball attack of a trumpeter angel with Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa.
- The charges attacks of kilorge and both durgas (share the icon with WW attacks) and the enemy swinging move of kulshedra (share the icon with AW attacks).

* There are some modifiers of the damage output:
+ Witch Time (WT): 3/2 damage of the original attack
+ Gaze of Despair (GoD): the same
+ Witch Time + Gaze of Despair (WT + GoD): 3/2 * 3/2 = 9/4 damage of the original attack
- The decreasing rate doesn't change and uses the original attack score to calculate the points to deduct.​

* Multi-hit Wicked Weave attacks: The basic score of a WW attack is 30. If you hit more than one enemy with the same WW attack, you recieve a 15+ bonus per additional hit. IE: WW attack hits 3 enemies at the same time, the score will be: 30 + 45 + 60 = 135. Moreover, if those launched enemies hit other enemies, you'll score additonal points

Code:
                |       1 |     2 |    3+ |
N		|      30 |    45 |    60 |
WT		|      45 |    67 |    90 |
WT + GoD	|      67 |   100 |   135 |

I haven't hit more than 4 enemies at the same time during these tests. If anyone sees an increment hitting more enemies, feel free to correct me.

I'll update the post with the attacks of each weapon, special cases, etc. in a few days.

Combo multiplier

For the life of me, I don't actually know how this thing exactly works. Can anyone give me a hand? Please, don't be vague. I already know the generalities: use angelic weapons, perform torture attacks, etc. The system is very descriptive. You can see when the multiplier goes up, the staked attacks at that point and what type of attacks are each one of those... So, reasons? I'm all ears

Torture attacks, Wicked Weaves and the likes are needed. They slow down the stack, keeping up the stacked attacks for more time and allow to stack more than 3 attacks. Multi-hit Wicked Weaves mean instant increments. You need different types of stacked attacks too. How many? I don't know. During Witch Time, the stack is even slower. Its behavior is more apparent in this way but I can't find the damn pattern. Any ideas? Dahbomb, are you there?

Hopefully the official guide will answer the questions about the combo multiplier.

PS: English is not my first language. Be nice.

Thank you so much. That was one of the problems I've been having.

azxza

Thanks guys. I've changed/fixed a few things in my previous post.

nmjemirzia said:
I would like to point out that kilgore rockets count as Wicked Weaves, since they both use the same Yin/Yang icon. This is why the kilgore glitch is so obscenely good at raising the combo meter, to the point where it's ruined the leaderboards. Anyway thanks for your post I didn't know some of the stuff you explained.

Yes. I explained that in my write up. The rockets are the kilgore charged attacks. The bombs of both durgas have the same icon too.

Well I finally managed to complete the game last night. What an epic final chapter and ending, Platinum have shown exactly how endings should be done in games and I hope other developers take note at what they have done.

Sadly I can't say I enjoyed the rest of the game as much, I just ended up constantly getting angry at being punished for failing QTEs or not dodging boss attacks that I wasn't prepared for. I know that I'm terrible at the game and as such a lot of deaths were my fault, but it just didn't seem fair that I was expected to press a certain button combination the split second it appears or die instantly, especially when it's during a cutscene and I had put the controller down.

Regardless, the only way to describe Bayonetta is to use a phrase from the game, "one of a kind". There is nothing else like it and I doubt there ever will be.

I've got one question regarding the strategy guide though, is it confirmed that it's still going to be released or are the release dates being thrown around just wild guesses by the stores that haven't been informed that it was cancelled?

azxza said:
Yes. I explained that in my write up. The rockets are the kilgore charged attacks. The bombs of both durgas have the same icon too.

I wanted to make it clear how it was related to the exploit. My guide has a list of attack icons as well.

banKai said:
still waiting for my guide plus playthrough on hard, but what is it you do at 2:50? like a quadruple parry with the whip? xD

Just parry rapidly in the direction of the boss.. it's the moon of mahaa-kalaa accessory not the whip.

pmj

6 minutes more to shave off on my 3h run. This is rather annoying. I have no idea how some manage to complete chapter 14 in 8 minutes. That's just nuts.

Azure Phoenix said:
Sadly I can't say I enjoyed the rest of the game as much, I just ended up constantly getting angry at being punished for failing QTEs or not dodging boss attacks that I wasn't prepared for. I know that I'm terrible at the game and as such a lot of deaths were my fault, but it just didn't seem fair that I was expected to press a certain button combination the split second it appears or die instantly, especially when it's during a cutscene and I had put the controller down.
Isn't that the whole thing with boss patterns though? You study, you practice and you learn. I think it's satisfying to see how I improve as I keep playing.

Completely agreed on the QTEs though, especially the button mashing ones.

RZI

I completed this last night and the ending was exceptionally good. The hardest part of the game for me was those damn Grace&Glory fights. They always unleash a combo from hell, which I can't dodge and then half of my health bar is gone. Annoying as hell.

pmj said:
Isn't that the whole thing with boss patterns though? You study, you practice and you learn. I think it's satisfying to see how I improve as I keep playing.

I didn't mean boss patterns or their standard attacks, I've got nothing against those. I was on about how you could be attacking a boss and dodging all it's attacks, then suddenly because it's health went below a certain point it triggers some strong unpredictable move and you have a split second to complete a QTE otherwise you either take heavy damage or die instantly.

The
Father Balder
fight is the one of the worst offenders, having to
dodge buildings, lasers and falling satellites with little warning and then at the end you have to wrestle with the awful controls to guide a bullet past shards of glass that are barely visible until it's too late, otherwise you get an instant game over.
That isn't fun, nobody could predict any of that stuff was coming or how to deal with it until you've already been killed by it. It just feels like the developer is sticking it's middle finger up at anyone aiming for anything other than stone awards on their first run of the game.

Tailzo

I'm playing the ps3 version. I just got to a weird QTE that made me die 6 times in a row. It tells me to press square. I'm doing that, and I die. Each and everytime. I am standing on the remnants of a platform, and the quick time starts as soon as a monster spits two fireballs towards me. What to do? I've tried to:

Press square early
Press square late
Press square multiple times
Press square twice
Press a direction + square
Press every button I could.

Tailzo

Sir Ilpalazzo said:
You have to press square.

Specifically, you have to press it right when the red circle closes in on the QTE prompt.
It took me a while to get it. I wonder how those not coping with Shenmue QTEs would like this game?

Azure Phoenix said:
I didn't mean boss patterns or their standard attacks, I've got nothing against those. I was on about how you could be attacking a boss and dodging all it's attacks, then suddenly because it's health went below a certain point it triggers some strong unpredictable move and you have a split second to complete a QTE otherwise you either take heavy damage or die instantly.

The
Father Balder
dodge buildings, lasers and falling satellites with little warning and then at the end you have to wrestle with the awful controls to guide a bullet past shards of glass that are barely visible until it's too late, otherwise you get an instant game over.
That isn't fun, nobody could predict any of that stuff was coming or how to deal with it until you've already been killed by it. It just feels like the developer is sticking it's middle finger up at anyone aiming for anything other than stone awards on their first run of the game.

Not only that, but even if you learn when the QTE are coming, it still is a problem. Like, when you are required to press the X button to jump from platform to platform, but Bayonetta doesn't respond, leaving you stranded on a island for an enemy attack or worse. . As been said before, the mini games also suck and are simply designed to cheat the player out of a legit victory.

Railer

Hello people.
Got a quick question, and the answer might already been given but i don't have the time to search through 65 pages.

My situation is that i only own a PS3 atm, and today i decided to the try demo out for this game. While playing through it i never felt annoyed by anything technical even though i read everywhere that the 360 version is better.

Will i be able to enjoy the full game on PS3 when i didn't get bothered by the demo, or are there levels that are way worse then the demo levels?

Cheers.

Railer said:
Hello people.
Got a quick question, and the answer might already been given but i don't have the time to search through 65 pages.

My situation is that i only own a PS3 atm, and today i decided to the try demo out for this game. While playing through it i never felt annoyed by anything technical even though i read everywhere that the 360 version is better.

Will i be able to enjoy the full game on PS3 when i didn't get bothered by the demo, or are there levels that are way worse then the demo levels?

Cheers.

Just download the patch if you get the PS3 version

Azure Phoenix said:
The
Father Balder

I think the 5-10 second mini-cutscenes are more than a fair warning.

The bullet thing was indeed dumb though.

Dreavus

Conceptually, the
bullet thing
was fucking awesome:
Directing a bullet that happens to be a stick of lipstick into Balder's face, right after declaring "Don't fuck with a witch" is completely ridiculous.
It's hard for me to think of a cooler way to finish a boss fight. :D

However, in practice it did not really work.
it was too difficult to see the glass in time and one mistake usually meant you wouldn't be able to steer the bullet back before it was too late. There's also the issue of not realize what is happening the first time you do it, and consequently failing spectacularly.
I enjoyed the sequence on subsequent playthroughs just because I find it to be so absurd (in a good way), but the fact that it's so bewildering the first time and also the fact that it results in a death (if you fail) really kills it's validity.

Ugh, the
lost chapter is brutal. I tried it once a while ago and made it to the Jeanne + Gracious and Glorious fight before dying. This time, I made it most of the way through, but it took two hours because of the Star of Dineta....but then I died because of that horrible Bayonetta fight at the end. A challenge is nice but it's pretty lame to have such an extremely hard boss at the end of a level that takes hours to beat and can't be continued on. I don't think I'll have any qualms going back and rushing through / cheesing the chapter with Rodin once I defeat Rodin (since I made it through the rest of the level "legitimately").

goldenpp72

Dreavus said:
Conceptually, the
bullet thing
was fucking awesome:
Directing a bullet that happens to be a stick of lipstick into Balder's face, right after declaring "Don't fuck with a witch" is completely ridiculous.

it was too difficult to see the glass in time and one mistake usually meant you wouldn't be able to steer the bullet back before it was too late. There's also the issue of not realize what is happening the first time you do it, and consequently failing spectacularly.
I enjoyed the sequence on subsequent playthroughs just because I find it to be so absurd (in a good way), but the fact that it's so bewildering the first time and also the fact that it results in a death (if you fail) really kills it's validity.

Odd, I only failed it once but after many play throughs I never failed it again, 360 version btw.

Llyranor

Alright! That's the first 12 Alfheims finished on hard. I have to say, those are some of the hardest/best battles in the game. Great stuff!

Dreavus

goldenpp72 said:
Odd, I only failed it once but after many play throughs I never failed it again, 360 version btw.

Yes, it was the same with me. I messed it up on the very first time, but after that it has been smooth sailing.

I was mostly agreeing with Azure Phoenix in that even though I thought the idea of that sequence was awesome, when implemented into a gameplay event it was unfair to players. Sure it's easy the second time, but that's the absolute definition of trail and error; which shouldn't really have a place in this kind of game.

goldenpp72

Dreavus said:
Yes, it was the same with me. I messed it up on the very first time, but after that it has been smooth sailing.

I was mostly agreeing with Azure Phoenix in that even though I thought the idea of that sequence was awesome, when implemented into a gameplay event it was unfair to players. Sure it's easy the second time, but that's the absolute definition of trail and error; which shouldn't really have a place in this kind of game.

when you fail it you just redo the part, what's the problem? I thought it was hilarious personally.

Sir Ilpalazzo said:
Ugh, the
lost chapter is brutal. I tried it once a while ago and made it to the Jeanne + Gracious and Glorious fight before dying. This time, I made it most of the way through, but it took two hours because of the Star of Dineta....but then I died because of that horrible Bayonetta fight at the end. A challenge is nice but it's pretty lame to have such an extremely hard boss at the end of a level that takes hours to beat and can't be continued on. I don't think I'll have any qualms going back and rushing through / cheesing the chapter with Rodin once I defeat Rodin (since I made it through the rest of the level "legitimately").

If you want practice against that fight just practice dodging/parrying joys and jeanne on climax mode.

goldenpp72

The last fight in the lost chapter is a bitch, seriously a big downer to fight after spending so much time in LC, but finally winning is special, heh.

Daigoro

Llyranor said:
Alright! That's the first 12 Alfheims finished on hard. I have to say, those are some of the hardest/best battles in the game. Great stuff!

yeah they are definitely the hardest thing in the game. im having an easier time on Climax than i am on some of the Normal Alfheims. :lol

thats where im currently at, working on all of the normal difficulty Alfheims and taking my time with Inf Climax. finding Climax relatively easy. i plowed through about 4 chapters today. doing better than i did on my rushed Hard run.

this game is incredibly awesome. ive got about 50 hrs logged in and still having a blast.

Any tips for taking out Dogs (fearless/fairness) on infinite climax or hard with Jeanne. Those damn things have unlimited Super Armor and will not stun unless dizzy or in WT. Dodge offset doesn't work- while I'm attacking one, the other jumps at me, or shoots a laser, etc.

LevityNYC

Banned
I got to Chapter 14 I think. The level turns into a shitty space shooter in line with Earthworm Jim. Its even worse than the terrible motorcycle level. It goes on way too long and the checkpoints become too few. My god this game sucks when you aren't just fighting angels or gigantic bosses. I just can't tolerate it anymore.

Level 14 structure:

Step 1: Hold X and press A occasionally while rotating the stick- Fight 1 Dragon
Step 2: Hold X and press A occasionally while rotating the stick- Fight 3 enemies on your rocket
Step 3: Hold X and press A occasionally while rotating the stick- Fight shitty mini boss.
Step 4: Hold X and press A occasionally while rotating the stick- Fight 3 enemies on your rocket
Step 5 Hold X and press A occasionally while rotating the stick- Fight 3 Dragons while holding X and press A occasionally while rotating the stick - Die - Repeat Step 4

After experiencing Step 5 3 times, I decided to skip right to Step 6 - Take the game out of my 360, pack it back in its Gamefly envelope and send it on its merry way.

Daigoro

LevityNYC said:
I got to Chapter 14 I think. The level turns into a shitty space shooter in line with Earthworm Jim. Its even worse than the terrible motorcycle level. It goes on way too long and the checkpoints become too few. My god this game sucks when you aren't just fighting angels or gigantic bosses. I just can't tolerate it anymore.

Level 14 structure:

Step 1: Hold X and press A occasionally while rotating the stick- Fight 1 Dragon
Step 2: Hold X and press A occasionally while rotating the stick- Fight 3 enemies on your rocket
Step 3: Hold X and press A occasionally while rotating the stick- Fight shitty mini boss.
Step 4: Hold X and press A occasionally while rotating the stick- Fight 3 enemies on your rocket
Step 5 Hold X and press A occasionally while rotating the stick- Fight 3 Dragons while holding X and press A occasionally while rotating the stick - Die - Repeat Part 4

After experiencing part 5 3 times, I decided to skip right to Step 6 - Take the game out of my 360, pack it back in its Gamefly envelope and send it on its merry way.

WAAAAAHHH.

Miburou

Dreavus said:
Conceptually, the
bullet thing
was fucking awesome:

Am I the only one who purposely tried to
steer the bullet towards Cereza's head instead? Thought it might lead to a hidden cut-scene or something.

Tailzo said:
I'm playing the ps3 version. I just got to a weird QTE that made me die 6 times in a row. It tells me to press square. I'm doing that, and I die. Each and everytime. I am standing on the remnants of a platform, and the quick time starts as soon as a monster spits two fireballs towards me. What to do? I've tried to:

Press square early
Press square late
Press square multiple times
Press square twice
Press a direction + square
Press every button I could.

The answer is : Press AND HOLD square

Daigoro

i dont remember ever having to press and hold a button for a QTE.

i also dont remember having that much trouble at all with any of them. at least not compared to the trouble some folks seem to be having with them.

Daigoro said:
i dont remember ever having to press and hold a button for a QTE.

i also dont remember having that much trouble at all with any of them. at least not compared to the trouble some folks seem to be having with them.

You don't have to but it seems to work better than to tap it. It did for me anyway.

Rektash

Just got the game yesterday. Jesus christ I am bad at this game, I die the max number EVERY chapter. Just mashing attacks and spamming evades all the time because I don t know what the fuck is going on. Ah, yes - stone medals every chapter :lol. Game is kinda fun but really, this game is just beyond hectic. Maybe I am just too old for these games and my reactions suck balls, I don t know. Its kinda fun though.

So can anyone confirm the effects that the Climax Ring has on your rankings/medals earned? (obviously when you get it through the Phone code)

Kind of don't want to use it if I end up getting good scores on my subsequent playthroughs just to be negated by that one accessory.

As for the button mashing sequences and QTE's, I actually have re-played through a couple of chapters using the SFIV Fightpad just because it has Turbo functions. :lol The game feels a lot different with that yet slightly playable, it's worth a try for novelty.

Rektash

Ok just needed 7 tries for the first Jean fight (or however that other witch is called). Any tips to get into this game? I have the feeling I am doing something fundamentally wrong. I just can t see the patterns enemys attack and the enemies make huge amounts of damage.

Garcian

Rektash said:
Ok just needed 7 tries for the first Jean fight (or however that other witch is called). Any tips to get into this game? I have the feeling I am doing something fundamentally wrong. I just can t see the patterns enemys attack and the enemies make huge amounts of damage.

With Jeanne, stick & move to begin with. Get in, deal a couple of hits & get out again - learn to dodge so you activate witch time (slo mo) & can deal a bit more damage.

Rektash

Oh my gawd, now I have to fight 2x grace & glory in a row. I am on my 20th try. Its DMC 3 vanilla edition all again. I ll trade it in before I brake something in my house. :lol

Some people just don t want to realize that certain kinds of games aren t made for them. I am obvously one of them.

LevityNYC said:

Level 14 structure:

Step 5 Hold X and press A occasionally while rotating the stick- Fight 3 Dragons while holding X and press A occasionally while rotating the stick - Die - Repeat Step 4

After experiencing Step 5 3 times, I decided to skip right to Step 6 - Take the game out of my 360, pack it back in its Gamefly envelope and send it on its merry way.

lulz, how are you dying at any part in these vehicle stages? Are you not even dodging?

Rektash

Ok I just beat grace & glory x2. This fight taught me more about the system than any fight before. I am just breezing through hordes of enemies now :lol . This is where the fun is. I had to learn it the hard way. Dodge offset + air launcher + air combos help a lot :lol. And the shotguns just rock.

Monocle

LevityNYC said:

Level 14 structure:

You forgot to dodge.

Edit:
Azure Phoenix said:

The
Father Balder
Why is it that so many modern gamers feel personally insulted when a game requires trial and error, or a moderate measure of practice? Doesn't anyone remember how unforgiving classic games were, and how rewarding it could be to conquer their challenges? The more difficult they were, the better it felt to win.

Would you really want to be handed gold and platinum awards left and right on your very first playthrough? That wouldn't do much for Bayonetta's replay value, I'll tell you that.

pmj

3h 5m 45s and getting below 3h seems hopeless to me right now. I keep replaying chapters, and it's come to the point where I trade a platinum for a stone if it means shaving off another 4 seconds on my time.

Any tips? I need to be a lot quicker in battle because I don't see how I could be wasting much time anywhere else. Oh, and is time counted in real time during witch time?

Top Bottom