• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

Sagitario

Fimbulvetr said:
Sagitario said:
I think I just wasted 200,000 halos purchasing the Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa...
It took me 10 chapters to get them and I'm not fast enough to activate it :_(

I'm loving this game [except for the film-like cutscenes] but I suck at it: I'm not fast enough and I can't remember all the combos + weapons combinations [I think I was better at DMC3, but that's not saying much :p]

AND FUCK YOU GRACIOUS AND GLORIOUS!!!! >_<

Any tips for beginners? Halo farming?
Halo Farming is easy if you have both the Gaze of Despair acessory, Durga(claws), and the Kilgore(bazookas).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfpBWVXHsB0

Even faster if you have the Bangle of Time accessory.

Don't have Kilgore yet...
I should have bought the Gaze instead of the Moon then :(

Sagitario said:
Don't have Kilgore yet...
I should have bought the Gaze instead of the Moon then :(

You can still go back to Chapter IX and find it.

Optional Hint:
If you see a sun symbol on a wall under an archway you should break it. Also use the panther form to jump over that broken bridge.

Yopis

Wow I just got on this game and damn what the hell took me so long. This game is really great, im only angry it took this long great buy.

Picked this game up over the weekend.. WOW the gameplay is so much fun! the cinemas are a little over the top cheesy but it adds to the charm in a world of games that take themselves so serious.

Ive always wanted to be a bald space marine!

Sagitario

I finished it! :D
I shouldn't have started to play at 11pm because I just kept saying: one more chapter, one more verse, one more fight... until I beat it @ 3am [it has been a long while since I did that with a game]

I loved it, I just wish I was better at it :p
And it would not be a Kamiya game without a boss gauntlet :lol (after watching the whole ending/dancing scene, I seriously believe he tried to appeal to gay gamers too :lol)...

My favorite boss fight in the game is on the same chapter with the level I hate the most, DAMN YOU SPACE HARRIER HOMAGE -_- ...
I tried to change the controls to non-inverted Y axis in the camera options, but no dice (in a game, when I'm the object, I prefer UP=UP)...

BTW, how do I change costumes?
What else is there [besides a new difficulty] after finishing the game?
And how do I unlock all the "COMING SOON" items in the Gates of Hell?

Fimbulvetr said:
What are you having trouble with?

Nothing really specific but a few enemies/Alfheim challenges...
With tips/hints, I was talking about things you can easily miss [like Kilgore], best weapons combinations, combos, etc.

Glix

Damn, I loved this game so much, played through it right after launch.

I am extremely intimidated by the harder mode that unlocked, I can barely get through anything at all.

Any tips, advice, etc? Should I replay the game on normal, this time pushing myself to learn the systems better, etc, rather than just trying to get through it?

This game is so good its still up with Galaxy2 as my GOTY.

ezekial45

Banned
Sagitario said:

- When you buy new costumes from the shop, head back to the chapter menu, and press RB/R1 to bring up a sub-menu. The costume change option is there.
- There are more weapons to unlock. Beating Hard unlocks Bazillions, for example.
- You need to finish the higher difficulties to unlock some of items in the shop. And get enough halos.

Dizzle24

Sagitario said:
My favorite boss fight in the game is on the same chapter with the level I hate the most, DAMN YOU SPACE HARRIER HOMAGE -_- ...
I tried to change the controls to non-inverted Y axis in the camera options, but no dice (in a game, when I'm the object, I prefer UP=UP)...

When you are on that stage, pause the game and right from that screen where it shows you the controls for that verse, you can switch the controls to UP=UP, etc

Costumes are unlocked by purchasing the Mirror item from the shop. It comes with a few, and some of the "Coming Soon should open up, as they are costumes which appear after the Mirror is bought.
They could also be weapons you need to find the broken LP pieces for.

Sagitario

ezekial45 said:
- When you buy new costumes from the shop, head back to the chapter menu, and press RB/R1 to bring up a sub-menu. The costume change option is there.
- There are more weapons to unlock. Beating Hard unlocks Bazillions, for example.
- You need to finish the higher difficulties to unlock some of items in the shop. And get enough halos.

Thanks! I guess I'll slowly try on hard...
Are the changes in the levels that are exclusive to hard mode [besides enemies]?

Dizzle24 said:
When you are on that stage, pause the game and right from that screen where it shows you the controls for that verse, you can switch the controls to UP=UP, etc

Costumes are unlocked by purchasing the Mirror item from the shop. It comes with a few, and some of the "Coming Soon should open up, as they are costumes which appear after the Mirror is bought.
They could also be weapons you need to find the broken LP pieces for.

I'll have to try then, because I can't remember any clue about changing the controls during that screen [when you press the LB]...

Sagitario

black_vegeta said:
I really need to halo fram because Grace and Glory is kicking my ass in Ch. 5.

I need some MOAR POWAH!!!

If you're having trouble with Grace and Glory, wait for Gracious and Glorious :lol

For halo farming, wait for chapter 7...
1. Durga thunder mode as hand weapon
2. Equip Gaze of Despair + Selene's Light
3. Y NON-STOP
4) ????
5) Profit

Fimbulvetr said:
You know what Dodge Offset is?

Is that where I can dodge in mid-combo or something like that?

Forgive my ignorance. <_<

Sagitario said:
If you're having trouble with Grace and Glory, wait for Gracious and Glorious :lol

For halo farming, wait for chapter 7...
1. Durga thunder mode as hand weapon
2. Equip Gaze of Despair + Selene's Light
3. Y NON-STOP
4) ????
5) Profit

I need to pass Ch. 5 first. :lol

black_vegeta said:
Is that where I can dodge in mid-combo or something like that?

Forgive my ignorance. <_<

Yeah, you dodge in the middle of the combo without losing it.

All you have to do is hold the button you're attacking with as you dodge; and continue the combo as soon as the dodge has ended, though you can perform multiple dodge offsets by dodging many times as long as the button you're attacking with is being held(though it will be canceled after your fifth dodge).

It's really good against Grace and Glory.

Oh, and kill Grace(the fire one) with a torture attack first.

Its weapon's B skill practically one shots Glory.

Fimbulvetr said:
Yeah, you dodge in the middle of the combo without losing it.

All you have to do is hold the button you're attacking with as you dodge; and continue the combo as soon as the dodge has ended, though you can perform multiple dodge offsets by dodging many times as long as the button you're attacking with is being held(though it will be canceled after your fifth dodge).

It's really good against Grace and Glory.

Oh, and kill Grace(the fire one) with a torture attack first.

Its weapon's B skill practically one shots Glory.

Ahhh, nice. That's want I need to dish out MOAR POWAH!

I never used dodge offset, so I'll practice in some of the earlier chapters before getting into some Grace and Glory ass.

Thanks!

Sagitario

Finished on Hard yesterday...

I don't know if I should try Climax, I mean... without Witch Time, it will be brutal I guess [and I wouldn't know how to beat those enemies on fire] and even more Stone Awards... :lol

I'm a little tired of Bayonetta right now, but if I don't try right away I doubt I'd pick it up later...

Also, what's up with the crows?

For your next game Kamiya, please stick with one gameplay genre...
Seriously, the freeway, the Space Harrier (why the best boss fight in the whole game had to be in this chapter?) and the planets/sun sequences have no place here [specially that horrible planetary system "run"]...

Minamu

Sagitario said:

I don't know if I should try Climax, I mean... without Witch Time, it will be brutal I guess [and I wouldn't know how to beat those enemies on fire] and even more Stone Awards... :lol

I'm a little tired of Bayonetta right now, but if I don't try right away I doubt I'd pick it up later...

Also, what's up with the crows?

For your next game Kamiya, please stick with one gameplay genre...
Seriously, the freeway, the Space Harrier (why the best boss fight in the whole game had to be in this chapter?) and the planets/sun sequences have no place here [specially that horrible planetary system "run"]...
There's an accessory that drop bombs basically when you dodge attacks. Very helpful on Infinite Climax :D You collect crows for achievements basically.

Minamu said:
You collect crows for achievements basically.

Other way around actually.... sorta.

Catching Crows and Getting Achievements get you Umbran Tears.

If you collect all 101
you get an accessory that makes all of Bayonetta's attacks into Wicked Weaves as opposed to just her finishers. The drawback being that it doesn't count any scores you make with the accessory equipped.

Oh and use the whip or fire Durga(electric Durga doesn't count) to damage fire enemies without being hurt.

You can also use the Bazillions you just unlocked by beating hard mode(don't use close ranged attacks though; instead just fire a charged beam from far away).

If you get a good grasp of the Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa accessory; I would also suggest it on NSIC mode.

Minamu said:
There's an accessory that drop bombs basically when you dodge attacks. Very helpful on Infinite Climax :D You collect crows for achievements basically.

Pulley's Butterfly is even better.

On a side note, I just finished GOW 3, and Bayonetta absolutely destroys that game. The combat is so much better, it's no joke.

Sagitario said:

Funny, after my Hard playthrough (which was my 3rd I think) I actually jumped right into Infinite Climax. I don't think I ever put so much time into a singleplayer game in such a short amount of time as I did with Bayonetta.

Forbiden

Sagitario said:

Playing in climax is really something else, at points it can be brutal. Several times I had to resort to using big yellow lolipops to get through parts. None the less, it is still a blast, and you should try to play it sometime just to try yourself out.

As for those enemies on fires, the best(only?) way I found to kill them without WT is unleashing Wicked Weaves on them, my favorite being P-K-P with Shuraba equipped, you can take several of them down that way.

Aaron

Forbiden said:
As for those enemies on fires, the best(only?) way I found to kill them without WT is unleashing Wicked Weaves on them, my favorite being P-K-P with Shuraba equipped, you can take several of them down that way.
If you take one out with a torture attack, you can hit the rest with their own weapons without getting burned. Also, the accessory that does damage instead of witch time when you dodge is essential for IC. Nearly done this difficulty after a long break. Some parts are a breeze, others are brutal. I wish the difficulty was more balanced as it was at normal.

Danielsan

Man I'm terribly late to this party and I should be ashamed.
Big fan of Kamiya's work and I hold the original Devil May Cry in the highest regard.
I was extremely hyped about this game and yet for some odd reason I lost all interest around the time of its release.

So last week I finally purchased the game new for only 16 bucks and I fired it up for the first time yesterday. I'm only 4 hours in but holy shit this game is brilliant. The combat mechanics, the fantastic set pieces, amazing enemies, the difficulty and the overall setting, it's all magnificent. I'm also surprised how good the game looks at certain instances (360 version). There is some noticeable and slow down at times but those are few and far between and never get in the way of the amazing combat. :D

Sagitario

Fimbulvetr said:
Other way around actually.... sorta.

Catching Crows and Getting Achievements get you Umbran Tears.

If you collect all 101
you get an accessory that makes all of Bayonetta's attacks into Wicked Weaves as opposed to just her finishers. The drawback being that it doesn't count any scores you make with the accessory equipped.

Oh and use the whip or fire Durga(electric Durga doesn't count) to damage fire enemies without being hurt.

You can also use the Bazillions you just unlocked by beating hard mode(don't use close ranged attacks though; instead just fire a charged beam from far away).

If you get a good grasp of the Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa accessory; I would also suggest it on NSIC mode.

I'm getting kind of decent with the Moon [depends on the enemy :p]...
Fuck the crows! I wont bother with them, they aren't really easy to spot [I only have like 7 so far]...
The accessory the gives 2 magic circles for default does come in handy for the minor enemies...

Net_Wrecker said:
Funny, after my Hard playthrough (which was my 3rd I think) I actually jumped right into Infinite Climax. I don't think I ever put so much time into a singleplayer game in such a short amount of time as I did with Bayonetta.
Forbiden said:
Playing in climax is really something else, at points it can be brutal. Several times I had to resort to using big yellow lolipops to get through parts. None the less, it is still a blast, and you should try to play it sometime just to try yourself out.

Well, I started Infinite Climax yesterday, surprisingly, I'm getting a lot of Platinum Medals and slightly less Stone Awards :lol ...
I finished one of my most disliked chapters, Route 666, and I found a Broken Witch Heart there :lol
I don't know if I should bother with the Alfheim portals [on normal, of course], it would be like replaying the game for a 4th time, and I'll definitely not try Jeanne...

Minamu

Sagitario said:
I'm getting kind of decent with the Moon [depends on the enemy :p]...
Fuck the crows! I wont bother with them, they aren't really easy to spot [I only have like 7 so far]...
They're also spread out across multiple difficulties for additional frustration :D But the game keeps track of which one you've collected in a menu so it's actually pretty easy to find them all when they're all numbered. I never thought I'd get 1000 points in a game like this but it was actually pretty damn easy (and I have extremely little experience with DMC above normal).

I've got a question:

Has there been any reference artwork of Bayonetta released? Front/Side etc. Or any 3d model rips? Need it for reference (yes)

Apparently I just really suck at this game.. I've been stuck at this one part since March and haven't gone back.. but I still consider it one one of my top candidates for GOTY :lol

Minamu

RoryDropkick said:
Apparently I just really suck at this game.. I've been stuck at this one part since March and haven't gone back.. but I still consider it one one of my top candidates for GOTY :lol
What part?

Minamu said:
What part?

Stage 9.. or was it 10.. those two guys with the claws where your witch time turns off. I have the claws, sword, shotgun and standard guns, no whip or gun-chucks or whatever. I just get assaulted by them and can't get past. Also I dont have any items, havent bought any but I have bought all the techniques.

I just need to go back and practice I guess..

Minamu said:
I don't recall that part, youtubing now :D

Gracious and Glorious

Practice dodge offset. It really works against them.

Also the shotguns to stop them from moving in between your attacks and if you have enough halos you can buy the Evil Rosary to drop magic bombs instead of activating witch time.

Just got this off of Glyde MIB for $20. Can't wait for it to show up and see what the fuss is about, especially after just beating NGII. It'll be interesting to compare - certainly Bayonetta can't keep up in the satisfying gore department, but there's other things... :lol

Sagitario

Just finished last night one of my most hated chapters [which include one of my favorite boss fights: Space Harrier + Jeanne] on Infinite Climax.

I think I will finish the Epilogue tonight [fuck the solar system =\] and try the Alfheim portals on the weekend [it would be my 4th playthrough], so that way I wont have to touch the game again in a long long time [if ever :lol ]

RoryDropkick said:
Ok so it was Gracious and Glorious. I might try tonight after Deathsmiles practice.

Also - I am no longer a Junior, huzzah!

If you're trying since March, just use the infinite Magic Flute glitch and move on :lol ...

Sagitario

It probably is... but I don't know why I've so much trouble with it, I'm no exaggerating, suddenly out of nowhere BAM PLANET YOU'RE DEAD! [and there was no planet near or in sight], I've died A LOT of times during that sequence...

Sagitario said:
It probably is... but I don't know why I've so much trouble with it, I'm no exaggerating, suddenly out of nowhere BAM PLANET YOU'RE DEAD! [and there was no planet near or in sight], I've died A LOT of times during that sequence...

The harder the difficulty, the more the planet is in the screen, and the more the "gravity" sucks you in. Just look ahead, pick a direction to dodge, and stick with it. I don't think I ever had a problem there.

Sagitario

Net_Wrecker said:
The harder the difficulty, the more the planet is in the screen, and the more the "gravity" sucks you in. Just look ahead, pick a direction to dodge, and stick with it. I don't think I ever had a problem there.

I know and that's what I usually do, but suddenly BAM YOU'RE DEAD! :p
I really don't get it sometimes...

Sagitario

Well, finished Infinite Climax last night (just missing most Alfheim portals, I'll get them done by the weekend)...
I must say, fighting
Jubileus
on Climax was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY easier and faster than Hard, I mean, didn't even die once... but here comes the planets and I die like 7 times, so... FUCK YOU MARS! Seriously, I hate it -_______-
No more bullshit like this for your next game, please, Kamiya...

Fimbulvetr said:
Look at the background. It's easy to see planets from far away.

Not Mars [and sometimes Jupiter] after Saturn...

Forbiden

Sagitario said:
Well, finished Infinite Climax last night (just missing most Alfheim portals, I'll get them done by the weekend)...
I must say, fighting
Jubileus
on Climax was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY easier and faster than Hard, I mean, didn't even die once... but here comes the planets and I die like 7 times, so... FUCK YOU MARS! Seriously, I hate it -_______-
No more bullshit like this for your next game, please, Kamiya...

Not Mars [and sometimes Jupiter] after Saturn...

This is exactly what happened to me. The last 2 fights,
Lumen Sage and Jubileus
were rather easy in IC when compared to Hard, but I must have died at least 10 times in the solar system. If it wasn't Saturn, it was Mars...and at some point, I even hit Mercury...

Sagitario

FLY ME TO THE MOON
LET ME PLAY AMONG THE STARS
LET ME SEE WHAT SPRING IS LIKE
ON A-JUPITER AND MARS
IN OTHER WORDS, HOLD MY HAND
IN OTHER WORDS, BABY , KISS ME

OMG I've had this song stuck in my head for 3 weeks now and I'm not tired of it yet :lol

Also, the credits song is awesome! It really gives you a sense of accomplishment and happiness!

Love this game soundtracks! Awesome music and boss battle tracks [specially against Jeanne]...

Forbiden said:
This is exactly what happened to me. The last 2 fights,
Lumen Sage and Jubileus
were rather easy in IC when compared to Hard, but I must have died at least 10 times in the solar system. If it wasn't Saturn, it was Mars...and at some point, I even hit Mercury...

At least I know I'm not the only one :lol

Top Bottom