• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

Sagitario

SapientWolf said:
I just pulled it out of my backlog and I probably won't be playing much else for awhile.

I haven't been able to read or play anything else since I started playing it, thankfully I'll end it for good this weekend :lol

FLY ME TO THE MOON
LET ME PLAY AMONG THE STARS
LET ME SEE WHAT SPRING IS LIKE
ON A-JUPITER AND MARS
IN OTHER WORDS, HOLD MY HAND
IN OTHER WORDS, BABY , KISS ME

Sagitario

I actually searched the lyrics to get them right and it says "baby" on every site, but you're right, it does say "darling" in Bayonetta [and I just listened to Sinatra]?

Why would they change that? :p

So I bought the game 2 months ago on PS3 and I'm finally playing it on Very Easy mode. I tend to suck at non Wii/DS games it seems, so I opted for the easiest difficulty. I definitely like it and don't see what everyone describes as broken. I guess I don't care about load times as much as other people.

I popped this back in today to experience how a real action title plays as opposed to GOW 3. Such goodness. In GOW, Kratos is too slow and controls poorly. Bayonetta is almost perfect.

MidnightScott said:
So I just beat it on Very Easy. Who knew I could beat it in a day o-o;

Playing Bayonetta on Very Easy (and I'm assuming you didn't take the accessories off) is like having the best supercar money can buy, but sitting in the passenger seat while the driver has all the fun. Maybe you liked looking at how fast the scenery flew past your window, but you didn't really experience it yet.

Bump up to Normal. If you have even a little of experience with these type of action games, you really shouldn't have too much trouble, and you'll find that you get better at the game the more you play it.

Peterthumpa

Would be a great game to be released in PSN after Infamous got the "full game" treatment, never played this one. Did they fixed the problems with the PS3 version?

Parallax Scroll said:
Has this hit $20 anywhere yet?

Sometimes it drops in price, but the lowest I've seen is $30 which is what I got it for.

Also, I still feel rewarded even if I beat the game on the easiest setting, because it's so rare that I beat games and have a huge backlog to get through. :/

Man up and beat it on Normal. Seriously.

Honestly, Hard isn't hard once you get used to playing the game on Normal (and you get all the accessories and power ups and weppins)

i love this game. great combat, great graphics, great enemies, and an entertaining story. my only complaint is the music. perhaps the worst j-pop style garbage since FFX-II. i usually dont get too high or too low on a games music, but man it is painful in some spots.

p.s. i got this from gamefly for $14.99 :D

viewtiful_dru said:
Man up and beat it on Normal. Seriously.

Honestly, Hard isn't hard once you get used to playing the game on Normal (and you get all the accessories and power ups and weppins)
well the item you get for beating it on easy is pretty nice actually.

Sagitario

Without even trying I just got all the achievements, 1000/1000 :p [not that I care about gamerscore] :lol

I love this game soundtrack, on the top of my head:
- Fly Me to the Moon [I still want to know why the changed that word :p]
- Battle for the Umbra Throne
- Red & Black
- Blood & Darkness
- Let's Dance, Boys!

I started Darksiders two days after, I kept trying to play it as Bayonetta, wanting to shoot with X, evade with RT, use kicks :lol

Sagitario

Just read about Little Zero, what's that? I can't find any pic of this playable character...

Also, does Jeanne play different from Bayonetta? Because in that last Alfheim she sure didn't. If I ever do a 5th playthrough, I guess I could try her :p

ApolloJoh

Sagitario said:
Just read about Little Zero, what's that? I can't find any pic of this playable character...

Also, does Jeanne play different from Bayonetta? Because in that last Alfheim she sure didn't. If I ever do a 5th playthrough, I guess I could try her :p
Never seen Zero. Still need to beat Angel Slayer. Last time I played I got to
Bayonetta clone
with barely any health and died. :(

There're subtle differences between Bayo and Jeanne. She can only go into witch time with Crow Within and not a simple dodge. Her weapons/moves have different names too.

^Also her Wicked Weaves do more damage than Bayonetta's.

Zero is pretty much for people who can play without getting hit ever.

He dies in 2 hits(the first hit reduces him to 1 health), but he gains magic points at an absurd rate and can summon the Little Devils without using an accessory.

Forbiden

Sagitario said:
Without even trying I just got all the achievements, 1000/1000 :p [not that I care about gamerscore] :lol

- Red & Black
- Blood & Darkness
- Let's Dance, Boys!

I started Darksiders two days after, I kept trying to play it as Bayonetta, wanting to shoot with X, evade with RT, use kicks :lol

Love that song. Made it into a ringtone for my phone. I just wish I could learn the dance she does when that song plays at the end of the game.

Chaos

I just started playing this and im really enjoying it, will pick up that book Monocle mentioned to get some tips.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Recently got the PS3 version for under 30 bucks having already played it when it came out thanks to Gamefly and man this is a good ass game. The loading patch really helps, but now that I'm playing on hard/infinite climax, the framerate issues and muddy appearance are really starting to interfere with skillful play. I wouldn't say avoid the game altogether if you only have a PS3, but it's harder for me to ignore the technical problems now.

A question about techniques for pro players: I already have bat within, the air dodge, the long distance dash moves (for punch and kick), and the afterburner kick. Are any of the remaining techniques really useful in particular situations (in hard/climax mode especially)? Educate me!

It's best to get all the techniques.

You could also try to use Dodge Offset.

You start the game with the ability.

Basically if you dodge while holding down the last button you pressed in a combo you can continue that combo after you've already dodged. You have to continue attacking immediately after dodging though(or you can just chain another dodge, though you can only chain 4 dodges before a dodge offset is canceled). Letting go of the attack button before you dodge or pulling of a dodge move(breakdance, witch twist, portal kick) don't count as Dodge Offset.

For example:

PK(hold + Dodge)P

You can offset any part of a combo and for as many moves as you like, Ex.:

PP(hold + Dodge)KK(hold + Dodge)K

Also, if you have handguns equipped they will fire off while you're performing an Offset.

Dodge offset also works with the Beast Within abilities.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Is the PS3 version of this game bad? Someone told me that today when I was going to buy it at gamestop. They said get the 360 version (it was more expensive, maybe that's why he said that) and I was like, yeah no... bought other stuff instead.

I think I've read people joking about the PS3 version before... so what's up? I read the first few pages of the thread and no mention of it.

rocK`

Banned
Sagitario said:

- Red & Black
- Blood & Darkness
- Let's Dance, Boys!

lol same thing happened to me!

Koralsky

Did someone have problems with the game after updating the latest PS3 firmware update?

After 3.40 my sound is freezing at times (even in the first cut scene in the graveyard), there are problems with physics at some places in the game.

Anyone with the same problems? Everything I complain started to happen after the fw update.

Other games I try are running fine.

Thanks

recklessmind said:
Is the PS3 version of this game bad? Someone told me that today when I was going to buy it at gamestop. They said get the 360 version (it was more expensive, maybe that's why he said that) and I was like, yeah no... bought other stuff instead.

I think I've read people joking about the PS3 version before... so what's up? I read the first few pages of the thread and no mention of it.
Get the Xbox 360 version if you have the option. The PS3 port is poor quality, even after the patch.

Parallax Scroll said:
Has this hit $20 anywhere yet?

If you're in the US, and have a 360 I'll sell you my copy. Received it as a gift, unfortunately I fucking hate Kamiya and this game isn't changing that.

Spotted PS3 version on clearance for $29.98 @ Target tonight.

If interested shoot me a PM.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
a Master Ninja said:
Get the Xbox 360 version if you have the option. The PS3 port is poor quality, even after the patch.

I second this. PS3 version is playable for the most part, but looks like dog shit. If you're planning to tackle the harder difficulties, the performance issues will likely interfere with your enjoyment and ability to play skillfully. If I could have got the 360 version, I would have, no question.

YagizY

I have a quick question about this game:

I never really liked Devil May Cry and that was mostly because of all the back tracking to find some key to open some door. Does Bayonetta do this? Do I have to keep on going back and forth in a level?

YagizY said:

I never really liked Devil May Cry and that was mostly because of all the back tracking to find some key to open some door. Does Bayonetta do this? Do I have to keep on going back and forth in a level?

Not so much back tracking in what I've played; but Kamiya-stank "puzzles" are still present.

I said fuck it and just used a FAQ for any bullshit that was not me stabbing angels in the god damn throat. :|

Kamiya, why do you hate making pure action games so?

george_us

The Take Out Bandit said:
Not so much back tracking in what I've played; but Kamiya-stank "puzzles" are still present.

I said fuck it and just used a FAQ for any bullshit that was not me stabbing angels in the god damn throat. :|

You'd have to be a brain dead infant to get stuck on any puzzles. Most of them require almost no thought.

george_us said:
You'd have to be a brain dead infant to get stuck on any puzzles. Most of them require almost no thought.

Sorry I insulted your girlfriend mother most favoritest video game in the whole wide world; but I have no patience for bullshit in my action games, and unfortunately this game has a rather high ratio of bullshit. :\

What's wrong with six hours of crazy ass stabbing and combos? Kamiya seems to think there's something wrong with that formula, and his games are worse for it.

Sorry I insulted your girlfriend mother most favoritest video game in the whole wide world; but I have no patience for bullshit in my action games, and unfortunately this game has a rather high ratio of bullshit. :\

What's wrong with six hours of crazy ass stabbing and combos? Kamiya seems to think there's something wrong with that formula, and his games are worse for it.

Well at least you're doing something right by bumping the bayonetta thread.

Daigoro

YagizY said:

no. very little backtracking at all in this game.

george_us

Well brain dead infant it is then.

Mar

YagizY said:
I never really liked Devil May Cry

I never liked DMC either, but Bayonetta outshines all in the genre.

There are puzzles? I don't remember any. Can you give me an example of one?

ShockingAlberto said:
I guess he means using witch time to, like, open doors and stuff.

I can't think of anything resembling puzzles aside from that.

Maybe he's referring to the time where a door is closed and you have to take 3 seconds to pull a large, golden, glowing lever.

These brain-teasers man, I swear.

Top Bottom