• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date
Laughing Banana said:
Bah, how to evade the huge red blast attack sent by the clone of the Vacuum Cleaner boss (what's his/her/its name? Temperamentia?) during the Anti-Aircraft Gun fight in the tower? God this fight draaagggggsss oon so much because you have to rely on the guns to damage the bastard.

I can't seem to evade the huge blast attack. Any tips?
Ehrm, there are turrets on the side, just go around the wall to evade the attack. This will make it a LOT easier.

Hag

So... I gonna start my hard mode walkthrough soon. Any tips or items I need to have first to begin hard mode?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Prophet Steve said:
Ehrm, there are turrets on the side, just go around the wall to evade the attack. This will make it a LOT easier.

That's actually the first thing I thought of. As soon as I see the bastard starts the pre-attack animation, I ditch the Anti Aircraft Gun and blitz all the way behind the walls. But the attack hit Bayo nevertheless! (the attack phases through the wall!) What gives? >_>

GONz

Laughing Banana said:
That's actually the first thing I thought of. As soon as I see the bastard starts the pre-attack animation, I ditch the Anti Aircraft Gun and blitz all the way behind the walls. But the attack hit Bayo nevertheless! (the attack phases through the wall!) What gives? >_>
If you have activated Pulley's Butterflies, they'll absorb all of the damages from the blast.

Laughing Banana said:

I have dodged it once or twice using 'Bat Within' but it takes very good timing. It gives you enough time to get the hell out of range (I panther towards the other gun since the attack only targets one gun area at a time) but I still always get hit by it, any advice for those of us NOT using Pullys Butterfly?

Ledsen said:
35n10te.jpg

dh33bp.jpg

65nzw1.jpg

2ronzuu.jpg
Ok the cheapest deal i could find for this was around 90 bucks including shipping (US resident here). I know i should have grabbed it when it first came out but damnn $90-100 is little too much for a guide. Does anyone know where i can get it for cheaper (or willing to sell one)?

Jintor

NonexistentK said:
Ok the cheapest deal i could find for this was around 90 bucks including shipping (US resident here). I know i should have grabbed it when it first came out but damnn $90-100 is little too much for a guide. Does anyone know where i can get it for cheaper (or willing to sell one)?

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9783869930039/Bayonetta

$33.88AUD, $31.04US, free shipping. That's where I picked it up. Think they're out of stock at the moment but...

Jintor

Laughing Banana said:

First thing: if you deal enough damage with the guns (spam the attack button. SPAM IT. Abuse witch time. You can dodge straight out of the guns) you can interrupt his casting animation and he'll never pull off the attack.

Second thing, just count from the moment he flares. It's like, a second and a half or something. Just dodge at the right time/Umbran Portal Kick and you'll avoid it easy.

Curufinwe

NonexistentK said:

I got mine from Amazon UK, but they're out of stock right now, unfortunately.

The Alfheim portals are so much fun. I got stuck on the first AP of Chapter V last night for over an hour, and then it just clicked and I beat it without getting hit once.

Curufinwe

Is there a way for me to back up just my Bayonetta saves on the 360?

I have the game installed, so when I go in to memory management, it says Bayonetta is 6.8GB or something. Obviously I only want to back up the saved games and not the actual game installation, but I can't figure out how to do that.

Curufinwe said:
Is there a way for me to back up just my Bayonetta saves on the 360?

I have the game installed, so when I go in to memory management, it says Bayonetta is 6.8GB or something. Obviously I only want to back up the saved games and not the actual game installation, but I can't figure out how to do that.
It's a folder. Click on it.

Minamu

Just finished another Normal run :D Needed to freshen up my memory of the "story" etc for a genus exam due next week :lol Funny how one can still feel the urge to instantly replay the game even though the save file says 66:47 hours :D It just blows all the other goty candidates out of the water. Kinda sad how there's not even gonna be a contest this year :D

Any advice here would be much appreciated..

I just started for the first time today and after the first 20 minutes or so I have been stuck in one room for THREE HOURS. Its a Challenge Room (through a portal) where you have to use Witch Time against a bunch of enemies that keep spawning. You can only attack them once you have activated Witch Time.

It's incredibly hard (playing on Normal), time seems very very tight for so early on in the game, should I not be in this room yet? It looks kinda like a God of War challenge room but a million times harder. I just completed GodIII on Titan but this is insanely difficult!!

Any tips would be very much appreciated :)

KennyLinder said:

I just started for the first time today and after the first 20 minutes or so I have been stuck in one room for THREE HOURS. Its a Challenge Room (through a portal) where you have to use Witch Time against a bunch of enemies that keep spawning. You can only attack them once you have activated Witch Time.

It's incredibly hard (playing on Normal), time seems very very tight for so early on in the game, should I not be in this room yet? It looks kinda like a God of War challenge room but a million times harder. I just completed GodIII on Titan but this is insanely difficult!!

Those are optional. You can just return to the chapter later and try it again once you get better at the game and have more tools at your disposal.

gogogow

KennyLinder said:

You can revisit the Alfheim portals, but of course you have to play a part of the level again.
Revisiting later definitely makes them easier if you have unlocked new weapons. But you can definitely win with your default weapon. I have beaten all of the Alfheim portals without revisiting them (just because i'm lazy and don't want to play the levels again).

I find that the difficulty isn't really in order from easy->hard. Some Alfheim portals which you can unlock much, much later in the game are easier than the one before them imo.

Just taunt the enemies with L1, which will make them attack faster, evade, enter witch time and attack them. P,K,P seems to be a popular combo, it's short and fast. And use torture attacks!

gogogow said:
You can revisit the Alfheim portals, but of course you have to play a part of the level again.
Revisiting later definitely makes them easier if you have unlocked new weapons. But you can definitely win with your default weapon. I have beaten all of the Alfheim portals without revisiting them (just because i'm lazy and don't want to play the levels again).

I find that the difficulty isn't really in order from easy->hard. Some Alfheim portals which you can unlock much, much later in the game are easier than the one before them imo.

Just taunt the enemies with L1, which will make them attack faster, evade, enter witch time and attack them. P,K,P seems to be a popular combo, it's short and fast. And use torture attacks!

OK thank you very much :)

I've decided to just continue now and not worry about that first Alfheim Room, which is against my normal play style but no matter!

ApolloJoh

Starting to get back into Bayonetta recently. I wasn't expecting it but I managed to get the
Sai-Fung
yesterday after replaying some chapters on Hard. Was trying to at least Platinum each chapter from Normal to NSIC before I took a break Haven't used it much yet but it seems pretty cool.

Now all I have to do is beat
Angel Slayer
and get everything for
Jeanne

I am about to complete my first play through of Bayonetta (Normal difficulty) and want to go back through and do the Alfheim Challenges.

I think it would be best for me to do these on Normal before tackling Hard Mode, so my question is this.

1. Once I have complete the game, can I just do Chapter Select and play through any level I wish? And in doing this will I have all my weapons, health upgrades etc carried over too? (I know I wont be able to use all of my weapons in the challenges, but i would want to try and get more Platinums and find the rest of any items I have missed)
2. Along with weapons, are the items I picked up on my first run through kept in my 2nd play through (books, LPs, Health upgrades) or do I need to find them all again?

chriskun

Just picked this game up, its pretty awesome, but man the non-standard combat parts in this game are fucking horrible. Also, alot of the boss fights in this are really bad too, its like they saw the last boss in DMC4(who is fucking horrible) and copied him 4 times over into the game. This whole standing on a floating platform waiting for a giant fucker to punch me is getting old. I wish there was alot more fighting of the standard enemies and mini bosses, thats where the combat really shines. I never thought I'd say this but im beginning to agree with Arthur Giess on this shit, and that fucker says the first Linkin Park albums are good!!!

chriskun said:
Just picked this game up, its pretty awesome, but man the non-standard combat parts in this game are fucking horrible. Also, alot of the boss fights in this are really bad too, its like they saw the last boss in DMC4(who is fucking horrible) and copied him 4 times over into the game. This whole standing on a floating platform waiting for a giant fucker to punch me is getting old. I wish there was alot more fighting of the standard enemies and mini bosses, thats where the combat really shines. I never thought I'd say this but im beginning to agree with Arthur Giess on this shit, and that fucker says the first Linkin Park albums are good!!!

I personally think this game has some of the best bosses and mini bosses ever alongside RE4, and MGS3 so IDK what to say here.

chriskun said:

The only one I actively dislike is Iustia.

Besides, you don't need to wait for Fortitudo or Sapientia to attack before hitting them.

Fortitudo was the best though.

Completed on Normal yesterday, absolutely stunning throughout. There were a couple of stages I could of done without (
the motorway section is shit
) but overall its truly brilliant and really moves the genre on nicely. It shows how dated games like God of War III are when you play Bayonetta.

Going back through it again getting the Alfheim Challenges and picking up any chests I might have missed, then its onto Hard mode. Can't wait!

chriskun

So I finished this game on normal and now im playing on Hard, doing Alfiem portals, getting all the weapons and man my mind has changed. Hard is the way to play this game, especially now that I have a good understanding of the combat engine. Speaking of which, I can't believe how deep it is. All of the different weapon combinations and how they change the combos depending on what you pair them up with is just amazing. And then the accessories that you can equip adds a whole new flavor to the combat. I just wish they would have let you have the option to play on hard from the get-go.

Tokubetsu

chriskun said:
So I finished this game on normal and now im playing on Hard, doing Alfiem portals, getting all the weapons and man my mind has changed. Hard is the way to play this game, especially now that I have a good understanding of the combat engine. Speaking of which, I can't believe how deep it is. All of the different weapon combinations and how they change the combos depending on what you pair them up with is just amazing. And then the accessories that you can equip adds a whole new flavor to the combat. I just wish they would have let you have the option to play on hard from the get-go.

Game doesn't get more difficulty on infinite climax sadly. Graces and Glories are pretty much the only enemies you'll ever have trouble with.

Curufinwe

I just spent almost 3 hours trying to beat Verse 4 of Chapter 6 on Hard. It's the Alfheim Portal where you can only get hit twice while killing 7 enemies with torture attacks, and it finishes with three Joys at once. Thankfully for my sanity I managed to beat it on about my 15th "last" attempt. Then I went and finished the rest of the chapter just to be sure everything saved properly.

I did all the APs on Normal, so I'm picking and choosing which ones to bother with on Hard. I only did this one because there's a crow sitting on the bridge that you can only get to coming back after you beat the challenge.

I am on my 2nd playthrough now, doing all of the Challenges. I am over halfway now and some have been total bastards whereas others are a breeze. They certanly teach you new techniques and how to play the game properly. I always feel things like this should be forced at the start like the license tests in GT. Its more noticeable in other games more though, such as Batman and God of War. By the time you do the challenges you are kinda done with the game. Bayonetta is different though and much, much better :) Such a stunning game.

Llyranor

Curufinwe said:
I just spent almost 3 hours trying to beat Verse 4 of Chapter 6 on Hard. It's the Alfheim Portal where you can only get hit twice while killing 7 enemies with torture attacks, and it finishes with three Joys at once. Thankfully for my sanity I managed to beat it on about my 15th "last" attempt. Then I went and finished the rest of the chapter just to be sure everything saved properly.

I did all the APs on Normal, so I'm picking and choosing which ones to bother with on Hard. I only did this one because there's a crow sitting on the bridge that you can only get to coming back after you beat the challenge.
I did all the APs on hard. Some of them can be pretty tough (keeping an armored griffin in the air for 30 secs? haha), but overall these were pretty much the most satisfying battles in the game.

Curufinwe

I just did the first AP on Chapter 9, and it was actually easy once I realized I needed to equip the Gaze of Despair.

And it was incredibly fun and visually stunning as well, thanks to the accelerated magic regeneration that let me use torture attacks one after the other. Maybe the AP that gave me so so much trouble last night would have been easier with the Gaze of Despair, too.

C.T.

Curufinwe said:

I pulled my hair out on this AF (hard difficulty). Had to skip it :(

Just finished 2nd run through and found all Witch Resting Places and completed all of the Alfheim Challenges.

Overall after a very hard start, the Challenges were not too bad at all really. In fact, some were crazy easy which surprised me.

Off to start Hard now :)

Just finished this last night. I'm a fan of the Devil may cry series and as much as it hurts me to say this the gameplay in Bayonetta leaves it for dead. I was really impressed at how deep yet simplistic the combat system in the game turned out to be. I would definitely say it is the best game of its genre. I did have a few issues with it though.

*I know the game is meant to be camp and cheeky but honestly for a game with so many cut scenes the story was so uninteresting. Even though Devil may cry was cheesy at times I still thought Dante was a likable character. The lines that come out of Bayonetta's mouth are not witty at all. A better story and dialogue would have made this game even better.

*Holy crap at the
Missile mini game. This part of the game reduced my enjoyment of it greatly. It just dragged on forever and if you die you have to sit through most of it again. Also the music got very irritating after a while as well. Not sure who thought this was a good idea.

Now onto Vanquish.

Curufinwe

C.T. said:
I pulled my hair out on this AF (hard difficulty). Had to skip it :(

Try equipping the Gaze of Despair and do a lot of taunting to fill your magic gauge much faster. You should be able kill the first 5 enemies with Torture Attacks and still have some magic left over to make the second wave of enemies easier to deal with.

The Joys are total bitches, though.

Trojan X

Banned
lucablight said:
Just finished this last night. I'm a fan of the Devil may cry series and as much as it hurts me to say this the gameplay in Bayonetta leaves it for dead. I was really impressed at how deep yet simplistic the combat system in the game turned out to be. I would definitely say it is the best game of its genre. I did have a few issues with it though.

*I know the game is meant to be camp and cheeky but honestly for a game with so many cut scenes the story was so uninteresting. Even though Devil may cry was cheesy at times I still thought Dante was a likable character. The lines that come out of Bayonetta's mouth are not witty at all. A better story and dialogue would have made this game even better.

Now onto Vanquish.

Before you jump onto Vanquish, what level did you complete Bayonetta on and are you going to go back and play it again?

Top Bottom