• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Alright, so just a rumour/misinterpretation:

In a further twist however, upon seeing the 'Bayonetta 2 confirmed!!1' headlines Kamiya updated his twitter blaming his bad English, and claiming he actually meant to say, "you'll see what I'm working on."
Always nice to see small sites jump the gun.

Jintor

Kamiya is crazy. I wish I could read Japanese, though I have the feeling that his Japanese tweets probably equate to roughly exactly what his english tweets say

HYDE

Banned
mjemirzian said:
However, do feel free to bump the Bayonetta thread and remind everyone how awesome this game is. :D

First off, sorry I jumped the gun hoping that the Bayonetta 2 reveal was real.

I am sorry I bumped the thread, but someone has to continue to remind people;)

Another topic:

If you could add one thing and adjust one thing about Bayonetta (if a sequel were to come), what would those two things be.

Add:
Earn weapons from bosses. (like DMC3, see Beowulf for example)

Adjust:
Include a soundtrack with more variety. (I don't even need to mention examples)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So hey, quick question. I just picked this back up after not playing for a long while. I've got like 360,000 halos stocked up. Should I buy the Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa now (just got to Chapter 12)?

Seraphis Cain said:
So hey, quick question. I just picked this back up after not playing for a long while. I've got like 360,000 halos stocked up. Should I buy the Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa now (just got to Chapter 12)?

What else have you not bought?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Fimbulvetr said:
What else have you not bought?

...anything that isn't Selene's Light (for the purpose of Halo farming on Chapter VII).

Yeah, haven't really gotten all that much in the way of accessories yet.

Seraphis Cain said:
...anything that isn't Selene's Light (for the purpose of Halo farming on Chapter VII).

Yeah, haven't really gotten all that much in the way of accessories yet.

And you have all the techniques?

Well then yeah, go for it.

Levi

Banned
Beat the game on PS3 but lost my save due to equipment failure before I could beat it on hard--so now I'm finally getting around to starting over on 360.

GOTY.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Fimbulvetr said:
Which ones did you not buy?

I dunno, I've bought six or seven of them. Most of the important ones (crow/panther transformations, Afterburner Kick, stuff like that).

I'll just keep grinding Halos for a bit. No big deal.

Curufinwe

I never bought Breakdance. Well, I bought it for the Commander Of Magic Achievement but then I reloaded an earlier save.

It's helpful to not buy every technique so you can use the Try It feature for a technique you haven't bought to practice moves on a punching-bag enemy.

snakeater

Just finished the game today (360)! After playing most of the blockbusters of this year, all I gotta say is Bayonetta is my GOTY 2010. Also I'm utterly disappointed this game is being overlooked in the awards (Spike, IGN), maybe because it released so early in the year but it deserves more recognizion.

One of the best action games ever.Period

I put this back into my 360 today after not touching it for like about 8 months...I had forgotten just how incredible this game is!

It’s just got so much style, and it’s probably the best controlled game I’ve ever played in my whole life! It’s simply brilliant! <3

steadfast

I finally bought this game when it was on sale for $16 from Amazon and played through it this weekend.

I'm not sure why I wrote this off initially. I typically love action games. Too much overflow from last holiday I guess.

Better late than never, I suppose.

What an incredible game. I fucking loved the callouts to Viewtiful Joe and Okami. So goofy yet so awesome. It's now one of my top 3 games this year.

VsRobot said:
Beat the game on PS3 but lost my save due to equipment failure before I could beat it on hard--so now I'm finally getting around to starting over on 360.

GOTY.
Having extensive experience with both versions, how bad is the PS3 version? I really want to play this game with a dualshock :/

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
_dementia said:
Having extensive experience with both versions, how bad is the PS3 version? I really want to play this game with a dualshock :/

I made a thread about it a week or so ago, as I just bought a PS3 and Bayonetta was one of my first games. I wanted to know what I was in for.

Comparitively, its bad. Framerate is, by large, significantly lower (360 is a consistent 60fps), textures are mostly lower quality, and the overall IQ is a lot less vibrant. Colours dont pop out as well as they do on the Xbox 360.

For someone who is a stickler for having the best experience a game could offer, especially a game like Bayonetta where framerate and timing of attacks is very important, I could see how they would hate the PS3 version in favour of the clearly superior 360 version.

However, as someone who has poured a good few hours into Bayonetta PS3 already, I really dont have any problem with it. The framerate is only truly terrible in the opening prologue, which is really just a pointless button mashing tutorial. Otherwise, while the framerate is low, its more than tolerable throughout the entire game, and I not once have felt a dodge or combo was hurt from the difficulty of timing in a low framerate. Its smooth enough.

And even though I know the textures and vibrancy dont match the Xbox 360 version, it still looks absolutely fantastic.

I was expecting the worst and, quite frankly, have absolutely no problem with Bayonetta PS3. If you go down that path the only rule of thumb is to make sure you patch the game, and then do an install. Load times are apparently horrible on the PS3 pre-installation patch.

Violater

Seriously Fuck the flying ship bosses and whoever thought these would be a good idea to put in the game.
Heat seeking missles
Laser Beam
Heat seeking arms that hold you while everything else hits you
chains
fuck fuck fuck

Roto13

Violater said:
Seriously Fuck the flying ship bosses and whoever thought these would be a good idea to put in the game.
Heat seeking missles
Laser Beam
chains
fuck fuck fuck
It's not that hard. :p Are you trying to swat at them as they fly past? You can just jump on them and pummel them until they die. (I don't know if that's what your problem is, but it's a mistake some people do make.)

Violater

Roto13 said:
It's not that hard. :p Are you trying to swat at them as they fly past? You can just jump on them and pummel them until they die. (I don't know if that's what your problem is, but it's a mistake some people do make.)

I cheated with a yellow lollipop and got past them, jumped on the one facing the platform and smacked him around while he tried to violate me.
Now I'm fighting the tentacle head.
One thing though I cannot think of a moment in this game where I have said to myself "hey this is fun"
At this point I just want to get it over with.

Violater said:
I cheated with a yellow lollipop and got past them, jumped on the one facing the platform and smacked him around while he tried to violate me.
Now I'm fighting the tentacle head.
One thing though I cannot think of a moment in this game where I have said to myself "hey this is fun"
At this point I just want to get it over with.

WTF? Are you not an action game fan? This game is the epitome of fun right up there with Super Mario Galaxy 1/2 IMO.

Curufinwe

Violater said:
Heat seeking missles
Laser Beam
chains
fuck fuck fuck

Doge the missiles to enter Witch Time, then kill them with three Durga flame punch bombs.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
andymcc said:
best game of this year. SMG2 is shit in comparison.

You shut your whore mouth.

I sort of agree. I don't like the Galaxy games as much as a lot of people here do; I think NSMBW is a lot better. But Bayonetta really is the best game this generation.

Violater

The rocket riding level is annoying me now, the fucks shall commence
ohh great look its the warships again...
It's poor decisions like this that ruin the game imo

JoeFenix

I'm so glad that this game is getting some much deserved love in the GOTY discussions, easily the best game this generation!

This game is the complete package, absolutely loaded with extras and content so you can always come back to it and have something to do.
Only thing I don't like about it is the frame-tearing but that shit is rampant this generation so I guess it's to be expected...

Bayonetta is a masterpiece and I can't wait to see what Kamiya does next! :D

grkazan12

Getting this for someone who hasn't really played any DMC game, do you have to enjoy the DMC style of games in order to enjoy this?

EatChildren

Violater said:
The rocket riding level is annoying me now, the fucks shall commence
ohh great look its the warships again...
It's poor decisions like this that ruin the game imo

Dude, dodge their attacks and when they get close jump on their back. Attack their weak point for massive damage. If you're fighting them without riding them, you're doing it wrong.

steadfast

grkazan12 said:
Getting this for someone who hasn't really played any DMC game, do you have to enjoy the DMC style of games in order to enjoy this?

Action game fans will get the most out of it, but anyone can have a good time with it. They may want to try one of the easier difficulties first though.

EatChildren said:
Dude, dodge their attacks and when they get close jump on their back. Attack their weak point for massive damage. If you're fighting them without riding them, you're doing it wrong.
He's talking about the rail shooter level. That level does suck some donkey balls.

Top Bottom