• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

Shito

Door2Dawn said:
But they just move out of the way before it explodes...
You're supposed to be charging your move at the end of a combo, when your enemy's down.
That way, they won't move out of the way.

Durga <3.

Peff

Door2Dawn said:
But they just move out of the way before it explodes...

So stop time! Or in harder difficulties when you can't, place them strategically through your combos. But they will be very useful for the Alfheim challenges, trust me :D

matmanx1

borghe said:
as one of the people who provided the earlier impressions, basically the level loading times are a bit annoying, but the actual game, gameplay and graphics are completely fine. Not as good as the 360 but unless you sit there and compare them side by side by side you'll never care. the loading stuff in game hasn't really bothered me that much, it's only the level loading which is pretty annoying. I STRONGLY recommend PS3-only owners don't pass this up. The game is still fuck all awesome, we just have to wait 20ish seconds for the action to start level to level.... definitely a small price to pay for such a gorgeous and frantic game.

edit - for reference I own both systems and stuck with PS3 for the DS3 and trophies and I don't regret that decision. The loading is pretty lame but hasn't diminished my enjoyment of the game. This is my main beef with the IGN review. They act like (as you said) it's a god awful port and stay away from it unless you absolutely have to. IMHO it's more like it's a disappointing port but you would still be utterly bat shit insane to pass the game up if you only own a PS3 and like the genre.

Listen to this man. He speaks the truth. If you only have a PS3 and are at all interested in this game then please don't pass on Bayonetta. It's still crazy fun.

Fugu

Durga is too slow to be practical without liberal amounts of dodge offsetting, but you'll be glad you have them when it comes time for the Alfheims.

Six punches doesn't sound so bad when each of them takes a third health off.

Kevtones

Weird glitches during the first level. It basically got into a weird can't do anything loop with the fireball throwing dude clipping through the structure I was on. Happened twice :(

Majukun

ruxtpin said:
So... I don't play a lot of action games like this... Question about Chapter 3:
What's the best way to go about taking out the enemies on fire? I keep trying to punch/kick them and I can't because... Well... They're on fire.
? Thanks for any advice!

witch time or use durga fire version on feet..you can also walk in the small puddles of lava with these

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Fugu said:
Durga is too slow to be practical without liberal amounts of dodge offsetting, but you'll be glad you have them when it comes time for the Alfheims.

Six punches doesn't sound so bad when each of them takes a third health off.
Lightning Durga isn't really slow at all.

Sallokin said:
Where abouts? I'm up near the Academy.
Lakewood.

Copy just came in. OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY! :D

navii said:
25ary9e.jpg

PAL region only i think??
Fuck, man. Fuck! I want that!

ArjanN

ShockingAlberto said:
...you weren't using Witch Time?

The thing dies in like two or three combos without you ever having to shoot it

Haha, so it's just like Cerberus from DMC3. You can stand in the back of the room and shoot him for ten minutes straight, or run and counter his attacks and kill him in a minute or two.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Fugu said:
I was referring only to fire, which I did not make at all obvious in my post.
Oh yeah, fire is pretty much worthless considering the damage output isn't really greater than the katana, which swings much faster and pulls off larger combos in a shorter timespan.

Even the aftershock of the weapon's damage is nullified by higher tier weapons like the Bazillions.

twenty1

Banned
KAOS said:
This game is so Platinum... so Sega... so Capcom... so Awesome!!! The ending was crazy and the game has so much replayability. I really hope it does well cause i'll like to see some dlc (maybe co-op).

Yes it is.....I also love the dodge feature we got a taste of it in MADWORLD.

its great to see PG use the same features across there IP's it gives it a stamp.

we know what we are getting if Platinum Games name is attached to a product.

I just played through Verse 1 of the Prologue, in which I pretty much spent the whole time laughing my head off at the insane cutscene and bizarre version of "Fly Me to the Moon" they had playing in the background the whole time. Now I'm up to a cutscene where Enzo and Bayonetta drive Enzo's beat-up car while Magical Sound Shower plays in the background.

This might be the best game ever created.

I Push Fat Kids said:
Lakewood Long Beach? I got mine from the Gamestop in Bixby Knolls but the Best Buy in Lakewood has had it since the 29th but wouldn't sell it :(
Lakewood, CO. Colorado doesn't have fancy shit like beaches, yo.

careksims

BAYONETTA! Has arrived! But HOLY SHIT at the 360 casing! It's so damn flimsy! Holy crap! I have to replace the box. It's like it's falling apart!

careksims said:
BAYONETTA! Has arrived! But HOLY SHIT at the 360 casing! It's so damn flimsy! Holy crap! I have to replace the box. It's like it's falling apart!

I thought the cases were not the eco-friendly ones?

Maybe it's second wave.

Man, I beat the game a couple days ago and have been farming for better times and upgrades and halo glitches, but I got a question about the story.

ENDGAME SPOILERS

What the fuck? Why did Past Bayonetta turn into the jewel? Did she turn back? How does she wear her own jewel self? If they can just time travel at will, then...what? Most importantly, is the JEWEL the left eye, or is Bayonetta, or is only the slightly altered time travel Bayonetta...? Jesus christ. Makes no sense

TheExodu5

Banned
Yeah I said I'd wait because I didn't like the style.

Well you know what? I'm WEAK. I just bought it. It came with 8 posters probably filled with camel-toe art.

:(

On the plus side, no eco case with my 360 version. :D

Zertez

TheExodu5 said:
Yeah I said I'd wait because I didn't like the style.

Well you know what? I'm WEAK. I just bought it. It came with 8 posters probably filled with camel-toe art.

:(

On the plus side, no eco case with my 360 version. :D
Did anyone who pre ordered the game at Gamesteop get the posters? All I got was one poster he pulled off a tablet of posters. :/

sonicmj1

Snapshot King said:
Man, I beat the game a couple days ago and have been farming for better times and upgrades and halo glitches, but I got a question about the story.

ENDGAME SPOILERS

What the fuck? Why did Past Bayonetta turn into the jewel? Did she turn back? How does she wear her own jewel self? If they can just time travel at will, then...what? Most importantly, is the JEWEL the left eye, or is Bayonetta, or is only the slightly altered time travel Bayonetta...? Jesus christ. Makes no sense

To sorta answer your question...

Past Bayonetta does not turn into the jewel, unless you're referring to that weird fusion with Balder, in which case, I don't even know. Apparently, she was saved and returned to the past, and it was that return to the past that made Bayonetta realize her potential and become the Left Eye. I think the Eye is her in particular, and the whole jewel story is a ruse to draw her out.

You'd think that messing around with someone in the past to change the character of someone in the present would cause some severe time paradoxes, but I guess not...

The awesome is far more important than whatever logic ties the story together, anyways.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
holy shit at Chapter 7 :lol

holy shit at Chapter 8 :lol

holy shit at Chapter 9 :lol

I don't want to shoot liquid hyperbole all over the thread, but man, haven't had this much fun with a game in a while.

Peff

Rez said:
holy shit at Chapter 9 :lol

holy shit at Chapter 8 :lol

holy shit at Chapter 7 :lol

Oh, you liked Chapter VII? Chapter XIII will blow your mind. What's left of it by then, anyways :lol

EDIT: When you're in the training screen, just do the combo until that point and stop. It will show the white dot when it's time, which means you can measure how long it takes for future attempts.

Just started and I'm going through the combos in the training sequence. I need help doing a combo.

PPPKK-P

After she does the two kicks, I press P and she goes into slap mode. The combo doesn't count, so, I figure I'm doing something wrong. I know I have to pause, but HOW long do I?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Just started and I'm going through the combos in the training sequence. I need help doing a combo.

PPPKK-P

After she does the two kicks, I press P and she goes into slap mode. The combo doesn't count, so, I figure I'm doing something wrong. I know I have to pause, but HOW long do I?
wait until, after the PPPKK, the little dot flashes next to the combo icons. it is often a tad longer than you think.

Peff said:
Oh, you liked Chapter VII? Chapter XIII will blow your mind. What's left of it by then, anyways :lol
fun fun fun

do you know of any good text LP guide? I missed some in Chapter 9, and I want to go back and get any new toys as soon as possible. :D

careksims said:
No shit. These flimsy cases are getting on my nerves.

My god this game does not stop with its relentless super awesome pace!

I can’t stop playing it, and when I’m not I can’t stop thinking about it! :lol

Majukun

Peff said:
So stop time! Or in harder difficulties when you can't, place them strategically through your combos. But they will be very useful for the Alfheim challenges, trust me :D

or you can place the skull and then grab the enemy with the whip and bring it to you:D

Roto13

I was going to hold off because $70 (Canadian) for a PS3 game is bullshit and I refuse to buy anything for that price since prices went up in Canada last year, but I went to HMV and it was $60. This is proof that there is a god, and he loves me.

Amir0x

Banned
Wow this game is far more fucking nuts than the videos I've seen. Completely crazy. Don't want to see a single cutscene more it's way too fucking wacky and over-the-top (in a bad way) for me to appreciate, jesus christ.

But the gameplay is SO GOOD. Action gameplay king is here indeed.

ZeroRay

Fuckin' Walmart says it'll take more than a week for the game to be delivered.

If I had more money I wouldn't of gotten it somewhere else but I had to use the e-gift card I got from them for ordering a 360.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Is this game really deserving of all this swooning and praise?

I enjoy NG, GOW and DMC's...but I would never be able to say these games are that good!

So what exactly makes Bayonetta special...sorry if it's been answered like a million times.

Peff

Xamdou said:
Is there backtracking in this game? I literally stopped playing DMC4 because of it.

No, but
two of the chapters have recycled environments in a special way (it's not that noticeable and you're there for a short time) and you fight the bosses twice, but the second time they are severely underpowered and the fights are different.

Top Bottom