• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date
ezekial45 said:
Anyone know when GT's review is going up?

Ni, but the troll comments will be :lol worthy.

Snapshot King said:
Man, I beat the game a couple days ago and have been farming for better times and upgrades and halo glitches, but I got a question about the story.

ENDGAME SPOILERS

What the fuck? Why did Past Bayonetta turn into the jewel? Did she turn back? How does she wear her own jewel self? If they can just time travel at will, then...what? Most importantly, is the JEWEL the left eye, or is Bayonetta, or is only the slightly altered time travel Bayonetta...? Jesus christ. Makes no sense

She didn't turn into a jewel, Jeanne used it to seal her away so Balder couldn't get to her.

Majukun

Raxus said:
What weapons did you guys use for the limited move challenges?

scarborough fair are always the best,because you can shot after a punch/kick to add damage.
or you can use durga-fire,but you have to be very specific with the combo,because you have to take the enemy down before put a skull bomb in his ass to do tons of damage:D

Ronin

My girlfriend walked in on the
Bayonetta "twin" dance-off on Chapter VI(?).

She looked at me and I honestly couldn't come up with the words to explain what was happening on screen. :lol :(

taoofjord

Just wanted to say that I'm enjoying the game a lot more now. I just finished Chapter 4 and the story does become more bare (good when it's so awful)... the combat is so perfect and I love the shopping/upgrades... definitely a dream game when it comes to pure visceral action.

I also wanted to say that Darksiders is ridiculously wonderful too. I highly recommend people check it out later if you held off on it for bayonetta. It's a little rough around the edges like this game but is at least as engaging.

Nemesis_

So I'm up to Chapter X and the only weapons I have are the Katana and Durga. I was wondering how it was even possible to miss stuff, but have I?

Is there a practical use for the sword's superlaser? If you don't know what I'm talking about, you can hold RB and Bayonetta draws a circle and then you press Y to shoot a massive beam of energy. It takes about 10 seconds to perform, though. Even using witch time you are pretty vulnerable.

Majukun

Nemesis556 said:
So I'm up to Chapter X and the only weapons I have are the Katana and Durga. I was wondering how it was even possible to miss stuff, but have I?
yeah,you're ..check chapters to find piece of lp for others weapons,some are pretty well hidden

Llyranor

a Master Ninja said:
Is there a practical use for the sword's superlaser? If you don't know what I'm talking about, you can hold RB and Bayonetta draws a circle and then you press Y to shoot a massive beam of energy. It takes about 10 seconds to perform, though. Even using witch time you are pretty vulnerable.
Breaking down doors! At least, that's what I did every playthrough of the demo.

fernoca

Got this!!!!
It's all sorts of awesome and cool..over the top...and ..reminds me of P.N.03, well..mostly Vanessa in that game.. *sniff*...guess in some way I finally got the sequel I wished. :)

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Nemesis556 said:
yeah, the pieces of LP you can find in some of the longer chapters grant you new weapons.

I'd go back and search them out, you're missing out on some cool stuff. :)

esbern

i haven't even the slightest fuck of an idea whats happening in this game. good lord this is the most japanese game i've played in years

HUELEN10

Why is this game so good? Seriously, I'm like DAMN! Not even 2 hours in and I want a sequel badly. We need more games like this.
BTW, I never liked DMC, yet I am in love with this. WTF
:lol
To those that have beaten the game, how long did it take you? Just want to know how I should schedule the remainder of my week.

TreIII

a Master Ninja said:

Nothing from what I found, and I've been one of those playing the game since October last year. :lol

Any way, to me, it's a nice sort of "Deadly Taunt" type of move. If your opposition actually allowed you to get that off (say, one of the "Dogs", like "Fairness", after they run into a wall and get stunned), then well, they sucked, and deserved to die! :lol

Rez said:
omg this game!

You're just getting started, pal!

I almost envy all of you experiencing this game for the first time. It was SO magical that first time. And well...it still is!

Currently, I'm in the middle of my....

Little Zero playthough.

This is TOUGH. Homeboy gets a nice bonus to his magic, which is helpful, since he gets to summon Little Devils without having to buy and attach the accessory to do so.

BUT THE SUCKER DIES IN TWO HITS. Doesn't matter how much life you have, two hits and you're done! You might as well skip all of the witch heart upgrades!

I'll probably be able to TRULY say I'm the man at this game once I beat it with this guy. Even DMD in DMC3 didn't give me THIS much trauma! :lol

Kreed

Just got my copy/played the opening level. After playing through the demo so many times it was fun to see them switch up the demo opening level in "small" ways.

sonicmj1

I've cleared the game twice now (how am I missing one Alfheim WTF I'm going to have to beat every level again), and I've got a question about one of the boss fights later in the game.

When you fight Temperance again in Chapter XV (The Tower), there are these anti-air guns you can man. Problem is, they take for-fucking-ever to kill the guy. The two times I beat him, I got stone ranks for time and damage.

Is there a faster way to bring the pain? He seems out of reach, so I don't know of any alternatives.

TreIII

sonicmj1 said:
I've cleared the game twice now (how am I missing one Alfheim WTF I'm going to have to beat every level again), and I've got a question about one of the boss fights later in the game.

When you fight Temperance again in Chapter XV (The Tower), there are these anti-air guns you can man. Problem is, they take for-fucking-ever to kill the guy. The two times I beat him, I got stone ranks for time and damage.

Is there a faster way to bring the pain? He seems out of reach, so I don't know of any alternatives.

My suggestion?

RAPID FIRE THAT SHIT. WITH YOUR BARE HANDS!

The guns fire as fast as your fingers can take it. So keep shooting Tempy in the face as fast as you can. If you're fast enough, he shouldn't have a real opportunity to fire that green stuff at you. If he does, disengage from the cannon and dodge the stuff manually. A nice Witch Time Dodge may even give you the opportunity to sneak in some extra damage.

Eventually, he'll "TEMPERANCE...PAAAANCH!!!!" the gun you're currently on. Disengage and lather, rinse, repeat on the other one.

Follow this, and Tempy should go down relatively quickly. This game does require some old school shooter skills. :lol

Fugu

Holy fuck, that last fight with Jeanne.

I'm playing through again on hard now, and (beware of late game spoilers)
somehow I seem to have missed out on all the fun the first time through. The segment where you're tossing the missile back and forth? Great! The intense button mashing (having to get a 500 is bullshit) is getting my ass kicked though.

I just don't 'get it'. Some chick in a catsuit wearing high heels and swinging a sword around? It's just too . . . too . . . . too Japanese for me I guess?

JapanCreating90percentOfWeirdStuff.gif

Just finished chapter 5, there are a good amount of verses that I'm missing, but I also feel like I'm exploring a good amount too. I'm amazed at how the game is just getting progressively better, and the combat opens up so much too with all of the weapons. This is truly a game that will spoil us.

sonicmj1

TreIII said:
My suggestion?

RAPID FIRE THAT SHIT. WITH YOUR BARE HANDS!

The guns fire as fast as your fingers can take it. So keep shooting Tempy in the face as fast as you can. If you're fast enough, he shouldn't have a real opportunity to fire that green stuff at you. If he does, disengage from the cannon and dodge the stuff manually. A nice Witch Time Dodge may even give you the opportunity to sneak in some extra damage.

Eventually, he'll "TEMPERANCE...PAAAANCH!!!!" the gun you're currently on. Disengage and lather, rinse, repeat on the other one.

Follow this, and Tempy should go down relatively quickly. This game does require some old school shooter skills. :lol

So go for the face? My problem is that I couldn't really identify a weak point on him, so I was doing piddling damage each round on the gun, and I couldn't really tell which shots were hitting and which were missing. If it's as simple as hitting him in the face, though, I should be able to manage better next time I roll through that stage.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
haven't seen it, but chances are THE GT REVIEW WILL HAVE SPOILERS.

I wouldn't watch it unless you're finished with the game, if you don't want bosses/environments/set-pieces spoilt. GT always do this.

HOLY FUCKIN FUCK at chapter 13! I'm honestly speechless.
Surfing on a piece of wood in the middle of a friggin' maelstrom!? Yeah, this game is dangerously epic.
All other games are gonna look like a joke after this.

Volcynika

Woo~

http://platinumgames.com/2010/01/06/new-year’s-greetings-and-bayonetta’s-western-release/

2w3crhu.jpg

careksims

Oh man! I have work to do. I had to stop lol! I'm up to Chapter 4 and it has been a blast. Damn Bayonetta's expressions are mesmerizing to watch especially when she purses her lips. Sexy Action Time.

Baker

Banned
I really hated Chapter 3 between the
fire
and stupid ass camera during some of the battles.

0-2 were super awesome though.

HUELEN10

There should be laws against making games this good. It's too good. It's like a car wreck, I can't look away, except it's NOT fail. Good golly Miss molly Platinum, you nailed it.

Also, I would like to take this time to state that I've just realized that this is the first 360 title I've spent a full 60 USD on, on launch day. Truly deserving too! :D

I know it's been said multiple times, but damn, it's something special. You can tell that a lot of love went into this.

Junpei Heat

Those LP's are really well hidden, I've been through Chapter 6 3 times looking for the Ice Skates and I can't find it. Just one more piece.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
How long is the frame window on Bat Within? I feel like I have to press the trigger before i even get hit...it's tiny!

LaneDS

Bayonetta was my first 360 purchase. It's been a good one to start with.

Played up to chapter five today (I think) and have loved every moment so far. Really, there's nothing about the game I don't enjoy. It's ridiculous, hilarious, and super fun. Installing it to the hard drive now in the hopes it no longer sounds like a jet is getting ready for take off in my living room, even if load times seem rare.

I've largely avoided the genre since the first Devil May Cry (which I finished), God of War (also finished) and Ninja Gaiden (which I got about 50% through before my cursing got too out of hand), having only tried a bit of subsequent DMC, NG, and GoW games, and as such it feels really fresh to return to. I hope the game is a success for Sega and Platinum, as I imagine I'll be wanting more once I finish it.

ultim8p00

Banned
Alfheim 1 wtf? Is this shit even possible?

EDIT: Okay this game has been a cakewalk on Normal until I got to Alfheim 1 where you are supposed to
use only 6 punches and 7 kicks to beat a mini-boss
. I might just have to skip it because I can't think of anything to do.

Just got finished with my first taste and am LOVING it. I have to admit that I was a bit concerned at the beginning. The art direction for the in game cut-scenes is H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E...which is odd since the in game art and visuals are fantastic.

Anyhow, apart from that gripe, I'm very impressed. Excellent stuff.

~Kinggi~

Banned
This game reminds me of Adult Swim merged with Japan merged with DMC merged with ACID crack cocaine. Constant barrage of insanity going a million miles an hour while on fire.

Junpei Heat

ultim8p00 said:
Alfheim 1 wtf? Is this shit even possible?

EDIT: Okay this game has been a cakewalk on Normal until I got to Alfheim 1 where you are supposed to
use only 6 punches and 7 kicks to beat a mini-boss
. I might just have to skip it because I can't think of anything to do.

Switch to the sword and use PKP. It's a quick Wicked Weave.

fernoca

I know is old..but anyone else bought the Premium Theme (in 360)?...:lol
Some of the backgrounds are parodies of other games like on System Settings..the background pic is 'Umbran Fighter', exactly like the Virtua fighter logo..and with a picture under with low low poly Bayonetta fighting low poly Jeane.. :lol ..others are 2Dsprite based looking games. :D

got a lot of learnin to do with this game.

Absolutely blown away so far. Love everything about it. Except that part where the bridge is falling into the lava and I kept trying to jump to the right cause I thought she had to climb up the spiral staircase thing that's seen there.

Not much of a hint that you have to stay on the falling bridge..

careksims

DrAndonuts said:
I wish that these type of cutscenes had died with Folklore.

Other than that, though, game's awesome.

Kinda wish it was full in-game cutscenes, but this game is too awesome. I forgive 'em! :D

anyone else notice that the 360 launch game picture changes sometimes? i haven't seen a game do that before..

also how awesome is it that they went non-eco case for this game??

Guess it's up to the publisher. Glad to see that.

ultim8p00

Banned
Junpei Heat said:
Switch to the sword and use PKP. It's a quick Wicked Weave.

Actually I just ended up doing the P charge, dodging into witch-time, then releasing. Killed him with 4 punches without even using a kick.

Top Bottom