• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
F#A#Oo said:
Is this game really deserving of all this swooning and praise?

I enjoy NG, GOW and DMC's...but I would never be able to say these games are that good!

So what exactly makes Bayonetta special...sorry if it's been answered like a million times.
when I'd play DMC or NG, I'd always think 'damn, I wish I could transplant this combat system into a game with really cool, interesting level design, and the general design philosophies of an action-adventure game'. Bayonetta is that, and with a combat system that it is equal, if not better, than DMC or NG.

It's really fricking good.

Peff said:
Oh, you liked Chapter VII? Chapter XIII will blow your mind. What's left of it by then, anyways :lol
thanks man

Xamdou

Peff said:
No, but
two of the chapters have recycled environments in a special way (it's not that noticeable and you're there for a short time) and you fight the bosses twice, but the second time they are severely underpowered and the fights are different.

That's fine, so no backtracking the whole game is a major plus for me. I'll wait a bit before purchasing this game since there are too many great games releasing this January ~_~

XenoRaven said:
We need to form a Bayonetta Action Squad Street Team to raise Bayonetta awareness.
BayonettaGirls.jpg

?

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
If this game isn't successful, then something is wrong with gamers everywhere. This is an epic goddamn masterpiece. Holy fuck.

Also, what's the point of replacing the bosses names in the achievements descriptions with ????? when the achievements themselves, name the fucking things? :lol

TheExodu5

Banned
Zertez said:
Did anyone who pre ordered the game at Gamesteop get the posters? All I got was one poster he pulled off a tablet of posters. :/

I didn't pre-order. The dude just said "oh, and you get 8 posters too". You were supposed to get the entire roll of posters.

Most of the posters are kind of bad (crotch shots ahoy). A few are nice though. I'll try to get some pics up.

TheCardPlayer

Raxus said:
What weapons did you guys use for the limited move challenges?

I used Scarbourough Fair for the first one. Took me a few tries, but I cleaned the clock of that big, axe wielding bitch.

HiResDes said:
Probably am super late, but is it true that the game got a 10 from Edge?

Yeppers!

Raxus

TheCardPlayer said:
I used Scarbourough Fair for the first one. Took me a few tries, but I cleaned the clock of that big, axe wielding bitch.
I really should just progress and unlock all the weapons before I go back and do these difficult challenges.

TheCardPlayer

Raxus said:
I really should just progress and unlock all the weapons before I go back and do these difficult challenges.

You can do it. Remember to finish your combos with Wicked Weavers, so the damage rack up quicker.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Been playing since 9;30 this morning. But, it only seems like I've played for 3 hours. Jeez, what a game. Well worth waiting for. Love the references to other videogames. Big plus.

Oh, and fuck Tomonobu Itagaki. He could only wish to make a game this good. Bayonetta makes NG look like poo. Yeah, I said it. POOOO!

TheExodu5

Banned
Well nevermind I think it's supposed to come with 9 posters. One of them is clearly ripped out of my poster collection. =\

If anyone is willing to pay shipping you're welcome to have them. Problem is...I'm in Canada.

Crappy cellphone pics incoming.

Raxus

TheCardPlayer said:
You can do it. Remember to finish your combos with Wicked Weavers, so the damage rack up quicker.
I suck at the moment and I really have to get comfortable with all the weapons. So far I have the Standard guns, Shotgun, and Katana and that is it.

Raxus

Xamdou said:
How long is the game? Is there new game+?
Depends. Straight through on normal it is about 10 hours or so but everything carries over to the harder difficulties a la Devil May Cry so you can continue to unlock weapons and other goodies.

Peff

Xamdou said:

It's around 9-12 hours the first game, there is new game+ (in fact it's not even a different game, you just choose the chapter you want and the difficulty you want) and there are a lot of extras: hidden characters, lots of costumes, a secret boss, several secret weapons, an arena mode, more accesories...

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Xamdou said:
I'm up to Chapter 10 and have been playing for about 7 and a half hours. Granted, I have gone back through some levels just for the fun (and profit) of it.

There is a New Game + in that all your new goodies come back with you into earlier levels, which is a blast.

TheExodu5

Banned
Here are the posters. One of them is missing (I'd love to know which one, just out of curiosity, if anyone has a pic). The pics are much redder in actuality, my iPhone just sucks. Wherever it looks light orangy, it's actually crimson red.

poster1.JPG
poster2.JPG

poster3.JPG
poster4.JPG

poster5.JPG
poster6.JPG

poster7.JPG
poster8.JPG

HUELEN10

Just got Bayonetta, it's been a witchin' ride so far, but can it be installed to your HDD? For some reason, my impeccable disc is giving me a "disc needs to be cleaned" error, and I cannot install it. Anyone know what is up? Did they just pull a Crackdown or something like that that I wasn't aware about?

TheExodu5 said:
Here are the posters. One of them is missing (I'd love to know which one, just out of curiosity, if anyone has a pic). The pics are much redder in actuality, my iPhone just sucks. Wherever it looks light orangy, it's actually crimson red.

AWESOMENESS.JPG x 8

You're not missing any. I got the poster pack on Christmas Eve, never touched, all the same as yours.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19024698&postcount=552

HUELEN10 said:
Just got Bayonetta, it's been a witchin' ride so far, but can it be installed to your HDD? For some reason, my impeccable disc is giving me a "disc needs to be cleaned" error, and I cannot install it. Anyone know what is up? Did they just pull a Crackdown or something like that that I wasn't aware about?
Mine installed

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
HUELEN10 said:
the game, incidentally, apparently runs better not installed, but I haven't heard of it outright refusing to install before.

Fugu

TheCardPlayer said:
That's the sucker way.

Use Fire Durga. You'll have moves to spare.

Rez said:
the game, incidentally, apparently runs better not installed, but I haven't heard of it outright refusing to install before.
Mine seems to run better installed, as far as I can tell

Less framerate jumps, faster loading

HUELEN10

Rez said:
It runs better from disc? Where can I find out more info on this matter? I'd like to know more.
ShockingAlberto said:
Mine installed
Mine refuses to install. I think I might have a defective disc...

So do I call MS, Sega, or what?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
what are the alt weapons? I take it it's a second pair I can put on my arms/legs?

edit: re: disc installs

a master ninja posted earlier in the thread that the game performs a little worse when installed. I don't know if it's true. I'll try it myself later.

TheExodu5

Banned
Well since shipping these from Canada might end up being a nightmare and cost half as much as the game, I guess I may as well keep em. Though I don't like the sexual appeal of the posters, posters 4 and 7 are totally rad. Maybe I'll keep them for a future game room when I get my own place.

TheExodu5 said:
That's weird. There's actually a sheet missing from my poster set. You can see the tab where it was ripped from. I have no clue what it was. :lol

It's in between posters 5 and 6.

Ha, I just checked, and mine is the same way. But mine was pulled straight from the box the day GameStop received them - no altering whatsoever.

Perhaps it's just a printing issue, an extra portion of paper for the sake of the binding? Or a last-minute removal before they shipped? :lol Who knows.

TheExodu5 said:
Though I don't like the sexual appeal of the posters

EMBRACE the sexual appeal. It's there, enjoy it!

TheExodu5

Banned
Toy Soldier said:
Ha, I just checked, and mine is the same way. But mine was pulled straight from the box the day GameStop received them - no altering whatsoever.

Perhaps it's just a printing issue, an extra portion of paper for the sake of the binding? I don't know.

Yeah mine was pulled from the box too. Seems really weird. There's a tiny bit of paper left, as if the poster wasn't quite ripped off properly.

My one major grievance towards this game are these "Slow Down, Break Door" puzzles they keep throwing out. Tell me this occurs less later on in the game, I'm stuck on one in Chapter 2 right now and holy shit I'm annoyed.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
My Name Is Luke said:
My one major grievance towards this game are these "Slow Down, Break Door" puzzles they keep throwing out. Tell me this occurs less later on in the game, I'm stuck on one in Chapter 2 right now and holy shit I'm annoyed.
you can run right up to the walls after you initially 'lift' the statue. you have until the countdown hits zero to actually hit X and trigger the lightning bolt.

Rez said:
you can run right up to the walls after you initially 'lift' the statue. you have until the countdown hits zero to actually hit X and trigger the lightning bolt.
Oh man, thanks for that. Now I can enjoy the game without any real problems now :D.

TheExodu5

Banned
Rez said:
when I'd play DMC or NG, I'd always think 'damn, I wish I could transplant this combat system into a game with really cool, interesting level design, and the general design philosophies of an action-adventure game'. Bayonetta is that, and with a combat system that it is equal, if not better, than DMC or NG.

It's really fricking good.

thanks man

I still haven't booted it up...I need to hook my 360 back up, which I'm about to do. That's good to hear though. DMC and NG always have shit level design (especially NG). I'm not expecting God of War 2 greatness out of the level design, but I'm happy that it's an improvement over the best action games out there.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
My Name Is Luke said:
Oh man, thanks for that. Now I can enjoy the game without any real problems now :D.
heh, I was doing the same thing for a while :D

HUELEN10 said:
It runs better from disc? Where can I find out more info on this matter? I'd like to know more.
I found that the game can hitch up a little while loading segments during levels when you run it off the HDD (the fragmentation of your drive may be a factor). The loads between levels, however, are shortened when running of the HDD.

TheExodu5

Banned
a Master Ninja said:
I found that the game can hitch up a little while loading segments during levels when you run it off the HDD. The loads between levels, however, are shorted when running of the HDD.

I really hated this in Star Ocean 4. I'm installing anyways though...I don't want no jet engine in my bedroom.

a Master Ninja said:
I found that the game can hitch up a little while loading segments during levels when you run it off the HDD (the fragmentation of your drive may be a factor). The loads between levels, however, are shortened when running of the HDD.
Well doesn't sound like much of a sacrifice compared to having a jet turbine working next to you while playing the game.

TheCardPlayer

HUELEN10 said:

Yeah mine installed without a hitch too. Sounds like you might have a problem there.

HUELEN10

Thanks for the pointers guys. I re-read my manual, and apparently the retailer has to give me an exchange if I am reading it correctly. Anyone else get a defective disc? regardless, I am getting it swapped tomorrow.

Top Bottom