• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date
Is there a quick way to access move-sets?

This is the only Xbox 360 game that I am willing to get 100% on.

Also, in that shooting game between chapters, is there any way to invert the Y-axis on it?

Baker

Banned
Also, in that shooting game between chapters, is there any way to invert the Y-axis on it?
Not that I could find. I toggled invert-Y for both cameras back and forth and up was still up. I've only broke 35 points once because of that junk.

Got the PS3 version today at TRU. Some observations after 3-4 hours of play:

-it is not blurry. May not be as sharp as 360 in some areas, but it's not blurry.

-it does not chug. The first minute of the clocktower, there is some minor slowdown, other than that, the gameplay sequences run like butter. Cutscenes are definitely choppy, but I'll only watch these once or twice, then skip them forever (or in the case of MGS4, some of the cutscenes, I couldn't even make it through of the first time).

-load times are annoying. Very annoying.

-IGN was paid off by MS. Those little shits

So, don't be scared of the PS3 version. Would I have liked an exact port of the 360? I'd be crazy not to say yes. Given that the perfect port does not exist, I would have to buy a 360 to experience the game in all it's glory, but my cousin is on his 5th 360, so all and all, I don't feel so bad about Sega's fuckup.

sonicmj1

Baker said:
Not that I could find. I toggled invert-Y for both cameras back and forth and up was still up. I've only broke 35 points once because of that junk.

For that matter, there doesn't seem to be any way to uninvert the flight controls on the Space Harrier game.

Don't know how I'm going to get that achievement now.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
SonOfABeep said:
anyone else notice that the 360 launch game picture changes sometimes? i haven't seen a game do that before..

also how awesome is it that they went non-eco case for this game??

Guess it's up to the publisher. Glad to see that.
These games were honestly printed and sealed in October probably.

Baker

Banned
sonicmj1 said:
For that matter, there doesn't seem to be any way to uninvert the flight controls on the Space Harrier game.

If we must suffer, so should you! :lol

I don't even know what the Space Harrier game is yet (in Bayonetta's context). I quit after Chapter 3 unless I missed something.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Fimbulvetr said:
Ni, but the troll comments will be :lol worthy.

Ya don't say :lol :lol :lol :lol

a button masher has a deeper combat system that GoW3?! fkin' amazing!
I still remember an asian chick showing Bayonetta gameplay with only one hand

Holy fuck at that comment. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

fernoca

Y2Kev said:
These games were honestly printed and sealed in October probably.
Tekken 6, Assassin's Creed II were done way earlier and came in one of those cases..so who knows, I don't mind though.

andymcc

Banned
TheCardPlayer said:

holy shit that is epic.

Volcynika

TheCardPlayer said:

if this gets a 9 out of 10 then Dante's Inferno and God of War III will get 11!?

God I love the internet.

Junpei Heat

andymcc said:
have a question about chapter vi...
i can't find all three record pieces. halp.

Odette
-Chapter 6 v 1, in a tomb right behind you when you start
-Chapter 6 v 2, when you get to the waterside with the witch statues, go to the left corner(should be lower left) and smash apart the rocks blocking entrance to a tomb
-Chapter 6 v 9, after the Joy fight, you can find a tomb behind the Gate

Stolen from GF.

Oh...
My...
God...

This game is absolutely mind blowing. And am I the only one who doesn't think the plot is bad? It's got me pretty interested, and I love the bizarre, stylistic film strip scenes.

To anyone on the fence: Get this game. It has a ridiculous amount of content, a great world, amazing atmosphere, and the most polished action gameplay ever.

remz

andymcc said:
have a question about chapter vi...
i can't find all three record pieces. halp.
pieces in six are

At the start, in a chest right behind you.

in the big water room with two statues. behind a rock wall that you have to smash (look around the edges).

And in a chest in the middle of a big pool towards the end when you're walking up the spirally snake way.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm up to Chapter 14. I don't want it to end.

TheExodu5

Banned
I'm at a door in chapter 2. I can't get passed it.

It says "Perhaps if I were to unlease some temporal witch power on it, my situation would suddenly improve."

I feel like a dumbass, but what the hell am I missing here?

edit: oh there were some well placed statues earlier on...damn bastards hid them from me. =\

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
run back to the two statues on the other side of the alleyway.

press X/Square while next to them.

Then run back over the other-side, hit X again before the timer runs out, then dodge the ray of light at the last second to trigger witch-time. You can then bash away at the wall.

TheExodu5

Banned
Rez said:
run back to the two statues on the other side of the alleyway.

press X/Square while next to them.

Then run back over the other-side, hit X again before the timer runs out, then dodge the ray of light at the last second to trigger witch-time. You can then bash away at the wall.

Yeah I just found em. Thanks. :lol

Yeah so far it's everything everyone has been saying and then some.

The QTE segments are hella dumb though. I don't mind the button-mashing for Tortures and Climaxes but parts where "oops you pressed the wrong button now you die" are hardcore BS.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Red Blaster said:
Chapter 6 beginning. Do you have to turn into the panther to open the door with the three arrow switches?
yeah, hit RT twice then run along each one in sequence, the door will open (make sure you keep running to make it through in time).

PepsimanVsJoe said:

The QTE segments are hella dumb though. I don't mind the button-mashing for Tortures and Climaxes but parts where "oops you pressed the wrong button now you die" are hardcore BS.

Yeah. I honestly don't care too much usually, especially since they smartly placed checkpoints before the QTEs, but when you're going for a platinum/pureplat trophy... the QTEs really suck.

Still... the best game I've played since Bioshock, which is huge praise from me.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
PepsimanVsJoe said:

yeah, it would have been better if you were just denied some extra halos, or something along those lines, if you failed them.

luckily, they're the same every time, and there isn't many of them. but they really needed to telegraph them ahead of time in a much clearer, more obvious, way.

Veelk

Banned
Is this game kicking anyone else's ass, or am I just way too rusty. Srsly, I beat Ninja Gaiden Black on Very Hard and more than half of Master Ninja (I got bored, rather than that it was too difficult for me). This was over a year and a half ago, I think, but still. Why is it that I'm having such a hard time with this game on NORMAL? :lol

Seriously, I feel that the enemies are lighting fast at times. It's hard for me to react to them. Do I have bad reflexes or am I not alone here?

TheExodu5

Banned
I wish they were doing a PC version. This game would be awesome with 1080p, 4x AA, and no damned screen tearing.

The tearing is brutal in chapter 2.

Sweet! just got home, picked up my copy at toys r us on the way! (It even came with a $10 gift card! saving for ME2) getting ready to pop this bad girl in!

Oh yeah also found PN 03 for $3. With this, DMC1, and V. Joe do I have all of Kamiya's games?

Ah thanks. I have RE2 Dreamcast so that just leaves Okami....hrmm.

Rez said:
yeah, it would have been better if you were just denied some extra halos, or something along those lines, if you failed them.

luckily, they're the same every time, and there isn't many of them. but they really needed to telegraph them ahead of time in a much clearer, more obvious, way.
yeah

more often than not, I just put down my controller and stop putting all my focus on the game, which means a tower probably just fell on me

I have noticed if you pause at the start of the cutscene, if it doesn't have a QTE, it's skippable

5 hours in. Just beat Chapter 7. Pretty crazy fight.

Some more quick impressions:

Like the music but getting kind of tired of same monotonous battle theme. QTE's got better, no insta-cheapo deaths. On the other hand, when some particular enemies get ahold of you - jesus christ there goes 80% of your life. This game is definetely kicking my ass, getting stone trophies everytime because of the occasional cheap death + item usage. Overall, I like it but not in love.

Question: best first accessory to get? Is it me or are these suckers expensive!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
get the accessory that triggers witch-time when you take damage. it has a "HOT" symbol next to it.

also, if you don't have it yet, be sure to buy 'the bat within', it can get you out of some dangerous combos early.

you shouldn't be in a situation where an enemy, even most bosses that early in the game, are taking half your life in one combo.

expect stone awards, though. often times you need to go back and find hidden areas, and if you don't you get penalized heavily. don't stress about your award level, you'll be able to go back and do better if you want later.

SonOfABeep said:
also how awesome is it that they went non-eco case for this game??

Guess it's up to the publisher. Glad to see that.
The game was finished and manufactured months ago, before the cheapo cases were available.
sonicmj1 said:

You CAN. There is a separate invert/normal option for the missile, turret, etc.

It took me way too long to realize that you didn't have to be near those lightning towers to activate the bolt to solve puzzles using witch time.

The bridge was way harder than it should have been because of that, but I still managed it!

Veelk

Banned
DevelopmentArrested said:
This game is definetely kicking my ass, getting stone trophies everytime because of the occasional cheap death + item usage. Overall, I like it but not in love.

Hurrah, I'm not alone. I totally know what you mean, even though this game is raping me, I'm loving every moment of it.

Rez said:
expect stone awards, though. often times you need to go back and find hidden areas, and if you don't you get penalized heavily. don't stress about your award level, you'll be able to go back and do better if you want later.

*sigh* this is depressing. Every time I see it, I feel as though I want to redo the whole level, because I really just don't want that stone displayed. I realize I should just wait and go back later, (and I will), but that doesn't make it sting any less.

BTW, I'm confused on one thing. I see a combo in the technique list that shows Durza can be duel wielded, but I cannot equip it to both my arms and legs in one set. What gives?

Fugu

Rez said:
expect stone awards, though. often times you need to go back and find hidden areas, and if you don't you get penalized heavily.
Not true. It's easily possible to get up to a gold without touching Alfheims.

I don't know what combo you're talking about, but equip it on your hands in one set and on your feet in another and swap mid-combo.

Veelk

Banned
I guess I didn't explain myself very well. I mean that there is a picture of "Durza X Durza", so assumed that meant they could be wielded together. But I guess what you say makes sense too.

diditz

Neo Member
Generic said:
I guess I didn't explain myself very well. I mean that there is a picture of "Durza X Durza", so assumed that meant they could be wielded together. But I guess what you say makes sense too.

you have to buy durga alt. at rodin.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
DevelopmentArrested said:
Rez - I take it you mean Selene's Light?

Also damn that
motorcycle sequence
went on FOREVER!
it's the cheaper of the two with HOT next to it. can't remember what it's called, sorry!

For people who pre-ordered from Play.com, they've started packing my Climax edition today. Anyone know what delivery speed they use?

TheExodu5

Banned
Game is really awesome. I don't regret picking it up at all.

I don't like the style of the game nearly as much as DMC, but the action is oh so good. Level design is also much better...very straightforward, with no backtracking so far, which is what I want out of an action game. My only real complaint is the fact that the visuals lack a certain polish. Screen tearing is a huge problem at times, and the framerate isn't perfectly smooth, even on the 360. Witch time + boss fireball = single digit framerate.

Ronin said:
And no backtracking!

Unless you hope to get high trophy awards :lol

But yeah. I essentially can't go back to NG, DMC after Bayonetta. It simply destroys them in every way. I'm pretty sure I'll still really like God Hand, but that's only because it's so different.

SonOfABeep said:
anyone else notice that the 360 launch game picture changes sometimes? i haven't seen a game do that before..

Yep I've noticed that too, it's a great little touch. I wonder if it just changes randomly or if you do something specific?

Top Bottom