• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

ChryZ

[PS3 owner rant] Fuck you, Platinum Games ... for not protecting your IP and not giving it the correct treatment across all platforms. Fuck you, Sega ... for fucking up the port. I'm not going to support this bullshit. [/PS3 owner rant]

Jonsoncao

Banned
a new year card by PG, tho a little late

bayonetta2010.jpg

andymcc

Banned
ChryZ said:
[PS3 owner rant] Fuck you, Platinum Games ... for not protecting your IP and not giving it the correct treatment across all platforms. Fuck you, Sega ... for fucking up the port. I'm not going to support this bullshit. [/PS3 owner rant]

fight the good fight man.

in the meantime, i'm going to play bayonetta!

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Finished the game on normal earlier tonight. Can't express my love for this game in text. Other than being the most fun I've had with an action game in ages. Uncharted 2 is the pinnacle of Action Adventure from Americans, while Bayonetta is the very same representation that the Japanese still got what it takes despite what some might think. Well...at least Platinum Games/Kamiya know what the fuck is up. BAYONETTA IS AWESOME!

Articate

Banned
I dunno. Not really feeling it with Bayonetta.

It's such a DMC rip-off, which I honestly do not mind at all, but there's something about having played DMC4 on whatever-the-hardest-mode-is-called and having STRUGGLED to build up a batshit character than EVENTUALLY gets a weapon that can become anything, and it seems like these guys thought "WOW, that's sooo cool", which it is, and decided to take it from there.

Now, the problem with starting off with a character whose dress sometimes slips off to expose a naked body and turn into a FAWKING DRAGON THAT EATS EVERYTHING is that you're not at awe, because you're getting into the game. So when your dress turns into a dragon, you sorta go "..ok. What else can you do?", and as awesome as Bayonetta would be in the form of an unlockable style at the end of DMC4, it's really rather boring when you start off as a snooker loopie character.

I dunno. Start with simple physics defying battles like.. again.. DMC4, then ramp it up with stuff like the lucifer cut-scene into the game. Don't give us everything and except us to have our jaws in the lap the whole game.

Also, couldn't they pretend they tried making a compelling story or just drop it all-together? I don't mind a mindless action-game of this genre, but the story just got in the way because it's both non-sequitur and boring.

..As far as I've seen.

Majukun

ultim8p00 said:
Alfheim 1 wtf? Is this shit even possible?

EDIT: Okay this game has been a cakewalk on Normal until I got to Alfheim 1 where you are supposed to
use only 6 punches and 7 kicks to beat a mini-boss
. I might just have to skip it because I can't think of anything to do.

just use scarborough fair and shoot after every attack to add more damage

SonOfABeep said:
got a lot of learnin to do with this game.

Absolutely blown away so far. Love everything about it. Except that part where the bridge is falling into the lava and I kept trying to jump to the right cause I thought she had to climb up the spiral staircase thing that's seen there.

Not much of a hint that you have to stay on the falling bridge..
same here:lol

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Oh yeah also found PN 03 for $3. With this, DMC1, and V. Joe do I have all of Kamiya's games?

Ah thanks. I have RE2 Dreamcast so that just leaves Okami....hrmm.
p.n. 03 wasn't made by kamiya-san

ChryZ said:
bayonetta is a sega ip..made by platinum games..but sega holds the rights

slade

Played four hours in and got to chapter six. It's been an awesome ride so far. I was a bit worried that the normal mode was going to be too easy but it's been a nice primer for the combat system. There is 'new game plus' in this right? That would be a nice way to transition you from learning about the combat in normal to perfecting it in the latter dificulties.

If there's only one thing I could complain about, it's that every encounter feels way too hectic. Sometimes I can barely tell what's going on.

Shito

Articate said:
I dunno. Start with simple physics defying battles like.. again.. DMC4, then ramp it up with stuff like the lucifer cut-scene into the game.
Have you been playing the game?
Or just the demo, or maybe just the first two chapters?
Because, well, you surely don't get everything from the start in Bayonetta, and the action *DOES* ramp up. Quite a lot, actually.

Generic said:
BTW, I'm confused on one thing. I see a combo in the technique list that shows Durza can be duel wielded, but I cannot equip it to both my arms and legs in one set. What gives?
You have to buy a second set from Rodin for about 70,000 halos.

randomwab

To: Wayne Brannagan
Your order for Bayonetta: Climax Edition (Play.com UK Exclusive) (Limited Collector's Edition) has been posted.

Please note PLAY.COM will show on your statement.

Please allow 3-5 days delivery.

:D :D :D

burgerdog

Holy shit, the demo did not prepare me for the "so awesome" game that is Bayonetta. I can't remember the last time I've played a game where I had a huge smile on my face the entire time. I had to force myself to stop, otherwise I probably wouldn't go to sleep tonight. I do have one question: What determines your combo score? I'm getting bronze in some stages and I don't know if it's because I'm not linking a big combo together or not doing enough different combos.

MrDenny said:
GT Review: 9.0

Again with the linearity complaints, not every game can be open-world GT. >_>

palpabl_purpura said:
Oh, yeah, anyone like Jeanne more than Bayonetta? Just curious. . .

Kamiya does. :lol

Generic said:
Is this game kicking anyone else's ass, or am I just way too rusty. Srsly, I beat Ninja Gaiden Black on Very Hard and more than half of Master Ninja (I got bored, rather than that it was too difficult for me). This was over a year and a half ago, I think, but still. Why is it that I'm having such a hard time with this game on NORMAL? :lol

Seriously, I feel that the enemies are lighting fast at times. It's hard for me to react to them. Do I have bad reflexes or am I not alone here?

The second-Jeanne fight is definitely a wake-up call.

burgerdog said:
Holy shit, the demo did not prepare me for the "so awesome" game that is Bayonetta. I can't remember the last time I've played a game where I had a huge smile on my face the entire time. I had to force myself to stop, otherwise I probably wouldn't go to sleep tonight. I do have one question: What determines your combo score? I'm getting bronze in some stages and I don't know if it's because I'm not linking a big combo together or not doing enough different combos.
You have to link your combos together (taunting and the peashooter mapped to X are made for this), use a variety of combos (using the same combo twice on an enemy results in a lower score for that combo), go into witch time often (being in witch time increases the score you gain per combo) and attack enraged enemies (this is accomplished by taunting or using the gaze of dispair).

Klyka

Banned
Articate said:
I dunno. Not really feeling it with Bayonetta.

It's such a DMC rip-off, which I honestly do not mind at all, but there's something about having played DMC4 on whatever-the-hardest-mode-is-called and having STRUGGLED to build up a batshit character than EVENTUALLY gets a weapon that can become anything, and it seems like these guys thought "WOW, that's sooo cool", which it is, and decided to take it from there.

Now, the problem with starting off with a character whose dress sometimes slips off to expose a naked body and turn into a FAWKING DRAGON THAT EATS EVERYTHING is that you're not at awe, because you're getting into the game. So when your dress turns into a dragon, you sorta go "..ok. What else can you do?", and as awesome as Bayonetta would be in the form of an unlockable style at the end of DMC4, it's really rather boring when you start off as a snooker loopie character.

I dunno. Start with simple physics defying battles like.. again.. DMC4, then ramp it up with stuff like the lucifer cut-scene into the game. Don't give us everything and except us to have our jaws in the lap the whole game.

Also, couldn't they pretend they tried making a compelling story or just drop it all-together? I don't mind a mindless action-game of this genre, but the story just got in the way because it's both non-sequitur and boring.

..As far as I've seen.

Your opinion is terrible,unfounded and an assassin has been dispatched to your house:
vetcw2.jpg

burgerdog

.:Wesker:. said:
You have to link your combos together (taunting and the peashooter mapped to X are made for this), use a variety of combos (using the same combo twice on an enemy results in a lower score for that combo), go into witch time often (being in witch time increases the score you gain per combo) and attack enraged enemies (this is accomplished by taunting or using the gaze of dispair).

Ha, so the peashooter is used for something! Thanks, that should help me get more platinum trophies, it sucked having plats/golds for everything else and a bronze for combos. :lol

edit
^^^^^^^^^^ WHYYYYYYYYYYY, I was about to go to bed, too.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I love the variety each new weapon set brings.

One of the understated, but awesome, things about this game is the 'Back/Select' menu, including the Bestiary, Demon Guide, Achievement/Collectible Screen, Item Mixing, Weapon/Accessory Equip Screen, Notes and all other collectibles. The interface looks good, is brimming with bonus content for the hardcore fans and is easy and fast to use.

So much love went into this. I love it when a dev gets their priorities straight. Yes, the film-strip cutscenes are simplistic, but I'm really fucking happy they spend their time and resources polishing up the general interface and gameplay system first and foremost.

The loading screen practise mode is the best thing ever, too.

I need to get up super-early tomorrow, but I'm seriously considering playing through Chapter XIV (the chapter I'm currently up to)... I've already played most of the chapters before it more than once just for the hell of it. :lol

Rez said:
Man, I love the variety each new weapon set brings.

One of the understated, but awesome, things about this game is the 'Back/Select' menu, including the Bestiary, Demon Guide, Achievement/Collectible Screen, Item Mixing, Weapon/Accessory Equip Screen, Notes and all other collectibles. The interface looks good, is brimming with bonus content for the hardcore fans and is easy and fast to use.

So much love went into this. I love it when a dev gets their priorities straight. Yes, the film-strip cutscenes are simplistic, but I'm really fucking happy they spend their time and resources polishing up the general interface and gameplay system first and foremost.

The loading screen practise mode is the best thing ever, too.

I need to get up super-early tomorrow, but I'm seriously considering playing through Chapter XIV (the chapter I'm currently up to)... I've already played most of the chapters before it more than once just for the hell of it. :lol
The first half is kind of a let down (Space Harrier homage that goes on for far too long) but the boss fight in the second half is
2i1f6og.jpg

Monocle

Bayonetta is so fucking amazing. I'll think about posting more detailed impressions later, but it's insanely hard to tear myself away from this game. I have nothing but pity for the people who deny themselves this experience for whatever bullshit reason.

Monocle said:
Bayonetta is so fucking amazing. I'll think about posting more detailed impressions later, but it's insanely hard to tear myself away from this game. I have nothing but pity for the people who deny themselves this experience for whatever bullshit reason.
HER HEAD IS TOO SMALL, I CAN'T PLAY THIS

THE MAIN CHARACTER IS A WOMAN, I CAN'T PLAY THIS

THIS IS A DMC-CLONE, I CAN'T PLAY THIS

THIS IS TOO SEXUAL, I CAN'T PLAY THIS

THIS COMMERCIAL SUCKS, I CAN'T PLAY THIS

Idiots seem to make up a large percentage of the gaming community this generation.

Klyka

Banned
I'm just happy I am not as dumb as these people and can actualy enjoy one of the best gaming experiences I had in years.

Idiots seem to make up a large percentage of the gaming community this generation.

THE GAME IS TOO JAPAN.. I CAN'T PLAY THIS

If you do not buy this game because it's over the top, because the main character is a woman, because it's too sexual, etc. - then you are a fucking dipshit and you do not deserve to play video games - nor do you deserve to live.

Harsh, and probably ridiculous, but I truly do feel this way.

If this game doesn't sell, at the very least, even a decent amount. I'm going to be so disappointed.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
got up to chapter 6...i was playing while dead tired and i prettymuch made it as far as i did by mashing..i like the game a lot..definitely a buy imo..but there were a few spots where screen tearing was killing me..i thought i was going to have a seizure

GrayFoxPL

If you do not buy this game because it's over the top, because the main character is a woman, because it's too sexual, etc. - then you are a fucking dipshit and you do not deserve to play video games - nor do you deserve to live.

Harsh, and probably ridiculous, but I truly do feel this way.

If this game doesn't sell, at the very least, even a decent amount. I'm going to be so disappointed.

:lol Serious bussiness.

"probably ridicilous" - just "probably"? :lol

Does this game have any annoying bosses like the
two flaming armadillos
in Ninja Gaiden II? That fight made me raaage because of the effin' camera.

Beaulieu

how about "i dont like this kind of game" ? Is this a valid complaint ?

Beaulieu said:
Oh, you don't like GOOD games? Get out. Go play your shitty Tom Cruise game you piece of garbage.
mad.gif

Not directed at Beaulieu, just anyone who would make such an argument.

Beaulieu

Oh, you don't like GOOD games? Get out. Go play your shitty Tom Cruise game you piece of garbage.
mad.gif

Not directed at Beaulieu, just anyone who would make such an argument.

There is a Tom Cruise game ??
I dont like action beat them up game like this or whatever it is called where you need to remember all these different combos and where the main goal is to look cool doing them.

edit : I also loath fighting game

Shito

Beaulieu said:
It is, and that's probably why it was not listed in the "bullshit reasons".

GasProblem said:
Does this game have any annoying bosses like the
two flaming armadillos
in Ninja Gaiden II? That fight made me raaage because of the effin' camera.
It does not.
And the game is waaaaay better than the deception that was NG2.

Beaulieu said:
There is a Tom Cruise game ??
No, the term "Tom Cruise game" is simply a variable for any generic game that wrongfully receives positive reception and is played by the majority.
e.g. Modern Warfare 2

Top Bottom